03/13/17 07:44 AM
03/13/17 07:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor has it BBP girls varsity has self destructed with a large number (10+) of girls leaving the team. Any truth to this?

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #208648
03/13/17 07:56 AM
03/13/17 07:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the girls got contacted by this trouble making brat today. Word of advice parents, have your kids cease all communications immediately with this girl. Kid is trying to sabotage any and everyone.

Your a loser whimp.

She may be a brat but she will be scoring on a varsity team unlike those other freshmen who were not good enough to make the cut.

Yeah she must be so proud scoring on a mediocre crappy team now as she's no longer at Saint Anthony's... Since she is the self-proclaimed lax queen, Massapequa should definitely make an appearance at states this year. (inserts sarcasm). Such a terrible kid and worse teammate. Good luck to all the Pequa and YJ teammates having to play with this problem child this season.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #208653
03/13/17 08:57 AM
03/13/17 08:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a moderator on this site?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #208657
03/13/17 09:11 AM
03/13/17 09:11 AM
Bethpage, NY
T
TheBackOfTheCage Online content
Chief Admin
TheBackOfTheCage  Online Content
Chief Admin
T

Bethpage, NY

Yes, there is and he does not react or take instructions or orders from anyone who is anonymous. I gather you have an issue?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #208659
03/13/17 09:18 AM
03/13/17 09:18 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No not true, they only lost 2 starters from last year.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #208660
03/13/17 09:22 AM
03/13/17 09:22 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People definitely passed on UNC because of her. Fact

People like that seem pretty mentally weak...being that soft, they wouldn't have seen the field anyway.

Every player has a top 5 list of schools. Comparing schools and lacrosse programs to one another is tough with many variables to consider. Coaches and the other players on team is huge in choosing a school. Your daughter is going to be spending a large portion of her life for the next four years closely involved with these people. If a known nightmare has committed to a school of interest, you better bet it is a huge negative for the rest of the recruits yet to decide. My daughter crossed a school off her list the day she found out a certain player committed there. Can't blame her one bit. Certain coaches have reputations for making players miserable, players would be well advised to cross these schools off their lists as well. Every freshman walks onto a team with many unknowns, you hope for the best, but if your daughter can eliminate getting stuck with someone who is going to make the four years unbearable, that is a great choice.

Unless the lacrosse team is the only reason you're attending a school that sounds crazy to me, you're going to pass on the school that you academically wanted and may not have been admitted to if not for a lacrosse stick in your hand because you think that you might not get along with somebody? Are you going to pass on the job of your dreams as well if everyone there is not to your liking? Isn't the end game to get into a great school (hopefully at a reduced cost) get an education and transition into the real world?

Your reply indicates a complete lack of knowledge as to recruiting and playing college lax. First if a player is being recruited by a top tier lax school , UNC in this case , they most certainly are being recruited by other schools and thus have options . Second a teammate who you feel may make life on the field and off the field difficult should have an impact on your decision . You will spend the majority of your time with your teammates especially ones in your graduation year . While your decision should not be solely based on that it certainly should be part of the equation .

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #208679
03/13/17 11:26 AM
03/13/17 11:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This poster is correct. Kids with offers from Top 5 schools can get comparable offers from just about anywhere and kids will factor team-mates and coaches into their decision making process (along with academics). That is a fact!

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #208680
03/13/17 11:27 AM
03/13/17 11:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No not true, they only lost 2 starters from last year.

That means nothing when the team was 2-14...all that means is team had bad young players, and they are coming back.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #208694
03/13/17 12:57 PM
03/13/17 12:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Yes, there is and he does not react or take instructions or orders from anyone who is anonymous. I gather you have an issue?

I'm not the original poster asking the question, but it does seem to have gotten very personal against a specific young lady. I don't know her but from all the clear clues given out it is pretty simple to identify her, the posters might as well just name her. People should refrain from identifying a 14 year old, don't you think? Kind of uncalled for.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #208696
03/13/17 01:00 PM
03/13/17 01:00 PM
Bethpage, NY
T
TheBackOfTheCage Online content
Chief Admin
TheBackOfTheCage  Online Content
Chief Admin
T

Bethpage, NY

I'm not the original poster asking the question, but it does seem to have gotten very personal against a specific young lady. I don't know her but from all the clear clues given out it is pretty simple to identify her, the posters might as well just name her. People should refrain from identifying a 14 year old, don't you think? Kind of uncalled for.

The girl isn't the issue...her father is..a bit off the walls....and beating on the moderator is deflecting from the multiple sources that have made posts in this thread regarding this player. What I get is that this player is of high quality, so I'm at a loss as to what the issue is? Do not look at BOTC, but look at those that are posting, and I would be interested in hearing about the father....I'm sure he is at the root of the posts....

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #208734
03/13/17 04:42 PM
03/13/17 04:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This poster is correct. Kids with offers from Top 5 schools can get comparable offers from just about anywhere and kids will factor team-mates and coaches into their decision making process (along with academics). That is a fact!

You are not going to know the majority of the kids until you get there, what happens then? You leave and go to your second choice?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #208735
03/13/17 04:44 PM
03/13/17 04:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girl isn't the issue...her father is..a bit off the walls....and beating on the moderator is deflecting from the multiple sources that have made posts in this thread regarding this player. What I get is that this player is of high quality, so I'm at a loss as to what the issue is? Do not look at BOTC, but look at those that are posting, and I would be interested in hearing about the father....I'm sure he is at the root of the posts....

Jealousy is at the root of most of the vitriol

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #208745
03/13/17 06:50 PM
03/13/17 06:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's he jealous of?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #208747
03/13/17 07:29 PM
03/13/17 07:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are not going to know the majority of the kids until you get there, what happens then? You leave and go to your second choice?

While that's not completely true with today's social media most people would rather take a chance with the unknown than pick to go with a kid that is known to be a horrible teammate .

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #208749
03/13/17 07:36 PM
03/13/17 07:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dads that love and motivate their daughters get them to where they are. Ask any top girl!

Reply Quote
Page 49 of 381 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 380 381
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification