BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 214 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
or know that they couldn't compete at her level

Yeah that's why no one else from LI wants to be on her team because no one else can compete on her level . Has nothing to do with her attitude , must be the same reason she was asked to leave school because the school thought no one else could possibly keep up .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke will still manage a 3rd place finish in the ACC regardless of how much talent they haul in..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well..i look at it this way..if a kid on any AAU team grabbed a rebound and dribbled the length of the court for a shot or layup, bypassing open teammates, & that w/b sort of frowned upon and discouraged. Get away with it once and maybe no big deal....in travel lax, it happens constantly and folks cheer that selfish act..also, generally, in AAU its an adult coaching the team, so they may/may not have a more disciplined approach to coaching..not saying all, but seems to be case.
And, yes, my daughter plays AAU as well...

Respectfully disagree. There are just as many over dribbling" ball hogs" and "chuckers" shooting in basketball as" going to goal" girls in lax. As far as coaching I have seen dreadful coaching antics with AAU/travel basketball coaches. I think when blanket statements are made they tend to be false and I think the original statement that "lax is the most selfish sport there is" is just plain stupid and requires a reply.

Original poster is spot on. Go to cage, defended reset, go to cage, defended reset, go to cage defended reset. Only in lacrosse what a joke! Just wait in about 2 weeks we will see the same culprits of players and the coaches that allow it for girls scoring 10 when the team is up by 15 and beating up on weak opponents. I blame the coaches more than the girls. But the parents tell their daughters to go get theirs. Lacrosse is by far the most selfish game played

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonough unbeatable. Look out for Duke in two years when 6'4" girl shows up on campus. Wins 90% of draws. She is unstoppable. No I'm not her dad.

Sounds like her teammate is even better:
http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/preseason-all-ilwomen-team-andie-aldave/48628

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth. I heard, myself, first-hand, the parent of one of the most highly-recognized players in HS and now college, defend her daughter running up the score by saying, "It's her turn." I like the parents a lot but I did not like that sentiment one bit.

I also shared the sidelines with the parents of another player who was all about her stats. It made me insane because her daughter got the numbers but literally could not use her non-dominant hand and the kid would ask my kid to explain every play to her after the coach went over it because she didn't get it. She "didn't get" passing either. I'm very glad that's over.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or know that they couldn't compete at her level

There are many that can compete at the same level. Last time I checked lax is a team sport requiring more than 1 player. The kid has amazing lax skill, there is no denying that. However, a lot more goes into be a great leader and a good teammate. This is where she lacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke will still manage a 3rd place finish in the ACC regardless of how much talent they haul in..

4th if they're lucky...lost to ND and VA Tech already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is truly amazing, "No one can't compete with her" funny as a lot of the best talent on LI really don't brag about it. Here is short list of where you can find some of the really great talents beside the self proclaimed one and only. WI,WB,NP,ESH, GC, SA, Man, my opinion only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tunnel vision to the goal thing does not work with any consistency against quality HS defenses and it does not work in college.

"Clear everyone out, start flat-footed from the 12, run into three defenders, and get called for a charge" girl should be shut down fast by a good staff.

By ninth grade, well-coached girls who have played real opponents in club shouldn't be doing this with any consistency. She will play a much more attractive brand of lacrosse if she challenges with her eyes up and drop an assists to an open teammate after drawing the slides... Do this against a quality opponent and you will catch the attention of college coaches.

Now if your club "A" team is so desperate for Facebook post material that they shift down to a B bracket to win a tournament OR if your high school is playing an overmatched opponent and your girls can rack up some stats along the way against weak defenses... whatever makes you feel good about yourself, I guess. Hope daddy has the camera out for the highlight reel... but it's fools gold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girl is a jr in high school so I was referring to two years from now. Not this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is truly amazing, "No one can't compete with her" funny as a lot of the best talent on LI really don't brag about it. Here is short list of where you can find some of the really great talents beside the self proclaimed one and only. WI,WB,NP,ESH, GC, SA, Man, my opinion only.

WB? You put that team in with the rest of those others? They will be terrible this year. Their All Americans are gone. They haven't run a real offense since before SS was there. I assume if BS is involved this year, it won't this year either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop being so silly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WB? You put that team in with the rest of those others? They will be terrible this year. Their All Americans are gone. They haven't run a real offense since before SS was there. I assume if BS is involved this year, it won't this year either.

Wont be BS involved.... but will be the Board member teacher who will be involved up to his eyeballs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen wb sophs play. Better than most seniors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there's not a 2020 on that list that comes close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wont be BS involved.... but will be the Board member teacher who will be involved up to his eyeballs.

The board member you're referring to is not involved at all. BS is an assistant coach so he will be involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again. Throw a face guard on her and she's nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen wb sophs play. Better than most seniors

Step away from the bottle...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but its soon gooood. and I'm thirsty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on what the SA teams are looking like?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word is all the teams will go undefeated and beat every team by 15 goals. We're very excited for the season to commence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tunnel vision to the goal thing does not work with any consistency against quality HS defenses and it does not work in college.

"Clear everyone out, start flat-footed from the 12, run into three defenders, and get called for a charge" girl should be shut down fast by a good staff.

By ninth grade, well-coached girls who have played real opponents in club shouldn't be doing this with any consistency. She will play a much more attractive brand of lacrosse if she challenges with her eyes up and drop an assists to an open teammate after drawing the slides... Do this against a quality opponent and you will catch the attention of college coaches.

Now if your club "A" team is so desperate for Facebook post material that they shift down to a B bracket to win a tournament OR if your high school is playing an overmatched opponent and your girls can rack up some stats along the way against weak defenses... whatever makes you feel good about yourself, I guess. Hope daddy has the camera out for the highlight reel... but it's fools gold.

Hey you just described our HS club coach and some of our players especially the part about racking up points against overmatched opponents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's infamous girl and all the commits at for SA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey you just described our HS club coach and some of our players especially the part about racking up points against overmatched opponents

hey when the newspaper and twitter stop posting about the hat tricks and only who scored the goals without any mention of how important assists are, girls will keep trying to rack up their stats. and many low level high school coaches encourage this. it's the opposite of what our good club coaches teach. they also like you to "fake" fall to get fp calls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Infamous girl and the other commits as you call them, are playing somewhere you or your daughter will NOT" be playing. This is the same story over and over again. Who really cares about SA teams Except you.. Sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of those girls are on the freshman team if that is what you are wondering .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of those girls are on the freshman team if that is what you are wondering .

Got cut?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goo to the SA thread for all future information

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think what he poster was wondering is how many are on varsity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got cut?

All are on JV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got cut?

All are on JV

Ouch. Is there still JV A and JV B?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got cut?

All are on JV

Yes, only a few freshman on JV A. The rest are on B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got cut?

All are on JV

Couldn't make varsity, with the average upperclassmen? Whats that saying about them? Think the parents got a little ahead of themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got cut?

All are on JV

Pequa girl, give it up. It's over! you contacted all the girls today asked them tons of questions and then ran to BOTC to start crap. We all know it's you, You are a very troubled girl and the sooner your parents get you help the better. This is no longer funny or amusing, you must move on and get yourself together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way are none of the freshmen on the varsity , their varsity is not like it used to be and would lose to many LI public school teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the girls got contacted by this trouble making brat today. Word of advice parents, have your kids cease all communications immediately with this girl. Kid is trying to sabotage any and everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the girls got contacted by this trouble making brat today. Word of advice parents, have your kids cease all communications immediately with this girl. Kid is trying to sabotage any and everyone.

Your a loser whimp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People definitely passed on UNC because of her. Fact

People like that seem pretty mentally weak...being that soft, they wouldn't have seen the field anyway.

Every player has a top 5 list of schools. Comparing schools and lacrosse programs to one another is tough with many variables to consider. Coaches and the other players on team is huge in choosing a school. Your daughter is going to be spending a large portion of her life for the next four years closely involved with these people. If a known nightmare has committed to a school of interest, you better bet it is a huge negative for the rest of the recruits yet to decide. My daughter crossed a school off her list the day she found out a certain player committed there. Can't blame her one bit. Certain coaches have reputations for making players miserable, players would be well advised to cross these schools off their lists as well. Every freshman walks onto a team with many unknowns, you hope for the best, but if your daughter can eliminate getting stuck with someone who is going to make the four years unbearable, that is a great choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your a loser whimp.

She may be a brat but she will be scoring on a varsity team unlike those other freshmen who were not good enough to make the cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People definitely passed on UNC because of her. Fact

People like that seem pretty mentally weak...being that soft, they wouldn't have seen the field anyway.

Every player has a top 5 list of schools. Comparing schools and lacrosse programs to one another is tough with many variables to consider. Coaches and the other players on team is huge in choosing a school. Your daughter is going to be spending a large portion of her life for the next four years closely involved with these people. If a known nightmare has committed to a school of interest, you better bet it is a huge negative for the rest of the recruits yet to decide. My daughter crossed a school off her list the day she found out a certain player committed there. Can't blame her one bit. Certain coaches have reputations for making players miserable, players would be well advised to cross these schools off their lists as well. Every freshman walks onto a team with many unknowns, you hope for the best, but if your daughter can eliminate getting stuck with someone who is going to make the four years unbearable, that is a great choice.

Unless the lacrosse team is the only reason you're attending a school that sounds crazy to me, you're going to pass on the school that you academically wanted and may not have been admitted to if not for a lacrosse stick in your hand because you think that you might not get along with somebody? Are you going to pass on the job of your dreams as well if everyone there is not to your liking? Isn't the end game to get into a great school (hopefully at a reduced cost) get an education and transition into the real world?

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 214 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard