BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 75 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes we can comfortably say the "rest" issue easily gave SB an extra goal or 2 so NU lost by 8. Happy NU dad?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
IWLCA Poll for Division I, March 6

Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 4-0 400 20 1
2 North Carolina 5-1 380 2
3 Florida 3-1 353 3
4 Southern California 3-1 324 4
5 Syracuse 7-0 321 5
6 Penn State 6-0 299 6
7 Stony Brook 4-0 278 8
8 Notre Dame 7-1 268 7
9 Princeton 4-0 235 11
10 Colorado 6-0 207 13
11 Cornell 2-1 204 15
12 Penn 3-1 178 10
13 Duke 4-2 146 9
14 Northwestern 2-4 111 12
15 Towson 3-3 99 16
16 Denver 5-1 95 14
17 Stanford 4-2 74 17
18 James Madison 5-1 65 19
19 Johns Hopkins 5-1 60 18
20 Virginia Tech 7-2. 44. NR
How is NU still in top 20?????

My guess is that you never played a competitive sport in your life.

Northwestern just played 5 games in 28 days all on the road against 5 current Top 10 teams the last game was played on one day of rest.

Stony Brook was playing on 12 days of rest and they have not played a single top 10 team. Maybe that is why they are not prepared come Tournament time.

For the last few years the NU fans have the same lame excuses. NU sets it's own schedule, it's not like teams don't want to play NU and could stay home and have teams come to them, but the coaching staff chooses to travel early in the season playing a schedule that is obviously too difficult for them. If SB hasn't played in 12 days and Spallina is smarter than Hiller and was better rested and prepared to play and handed an absolute whooping on your team than that's on Hiller.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Maryland 4-0 400 20 1
3 Florida 3-1 353 3
5 Syracuse 7-0 321 5
6 Penn State 6-0 299 6
7 Stony Brook 4-0 278 8
8 Notre Dame 7-1 268 7
9 Princeton 4-0 235 11
10 Colorado 6-0 207 13
11 Cornell 2-1 204 15
12 Penn 3-1 178 10
13 Duke 4-2 146 9
15 Towson 3-3 99 16
16 Denver 5-1 95 14
17 Stanford 4-2 74 17

Northwestern just played 5 games in 28 days all on the road against 5 current Top 10 teams the last game was played on one day of rest.

Stony Brook was playing on 12 days of rest and they have not played a single top 10 team. Maybe that is why they are not prepared come Tournament time.

For the last few years the NU fans have the same lame excuses. NU sets it's own schedule, it's not like teams don't want to play NU and could stay home and have teams come to them, but the coaching staff chooses to travel early in the season playing a schedule that is obviously too difficult for them. If SB hasn't played in 12 days and Spallina is smarter than Hiller and was better rested and prepared to play and handed an absolute whooping on your team than that's on Hiller.

I would say the NU players will be better prepared for life as well as the playoffs. Having the courage to challenge yourself and fight through adversity and difficult times is what athletics and life are all about. Nobody will remember who beat who on a cold march day but the strength that will be developed by the young women who challenge themselves will serve them well for the rest of their lives.

I bet you are one of the posters who caution others about going to a powerhouse lacrosse program or highly competitive university. Don't go to North Carolina or Maryland there are too many players on the roster. Don't go to Princeton or Harvard you might fail out. Stay away from Northwestern, they own you, to much pressure. Etc.. Etc... much better to "Go to a place where you can thrive". You will forever be the King or Queen of Mediocracy.

I am not an NU Dad and my children are not committed to Northwestern. However, I am very impressed with The University, The Program, The Coaches, and The Players (past, present and future). Collectively they have all earned my respect. So pound your chest about a meaningless win and keep telling yourself that it actually matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NU always gets a seat in the playoffs so the record really means nothing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Maryland 4-0 400 20 1
3 Florida 3-1 353 3
5 Syracuse 7-0 321 5
6 Penn State 6-0 299 6
7 Stony Brook 4-0 278 8
8 Notre Dame 7-1 268 7
9 Princeton 4-0 235 11
10 Colorado 6-0 207 13
11 Cornell 2-1 204 15
12 Penn 3-1 178 10
13 Duke 4-2 146 9
15 Towson 3-3 99 16
16 Denver 5-1 95 14
17 Stanford 4-2 74 17

I would say the NU players will be better prepared for life as well as the playoffs. Having the courage to challenge yourself and fight through adversity and difficult times is what athletics and life are all about. Nobody will remember who beat who on a cold march day but the strength that will be developed by the young women who challenge themselves will serve them well for the rest of their lives.

I bet you are one of the posters who caution others about going to a powerhouse lacrosse program or highly competitive university. Don't go to North Carolina or Maryland there are too many players on the roster. Don't go to Princeton or Harvard you might fail out. Stay away from Northwestern, they own you, to much pressure. Etc.. Etc... much better to "Go to a place where you can thrive". You will forever be the King or Queen of Mediocracy.

I am not an NU Dad and my children are not committed to Northwestern. However, I am very impressed with The University, The Program, The Coaches, and The Players (past, present and future). Collectively they have all earned my respect. So pound your chest about a meaningless win and keep telling yourself that it actually matters.

You should be an Obama spin doctor. The Girls will be better because they got a beat down while claiming to be the best and blaiming everything from the weater, to the schedule the coach set for them, but thats ok because they used to be good so we'll screw an up and comming team later because Hiller has connections from an over priced school, where TA's are teaching my daughter, in the murder capital of the country.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. I would not more send my daughter to Chicago than I would Beirut or Tehran. Very sad. A once great city and a once great team..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. I would not more send my daughter to Chicago than I would Beirut or Tehran. Very sad. A once great city and a once great team..

Now that Pres. Obama has some time on his hands, he should go back to his home town of Chicago and do some more community organizing. Clearly, they need it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Maryland 4-0 400 20 1
3 Florida 3-1 353 3
5 Syracuse 7-0 321 5
6 Penn State 6-0 299 6
7 Stony Brook 4-0 278 8
8 Notre Dame 7-1 268 7
9 Princeton 4-0 235 11
10 Colorado 6-0 207 13
11 Cornell 2-1 204 15
12 Penn 3-1 178 10
13 Duke 4-2 146 9
15 Towson 3-3 99 16
16 Denver 5-1 95 14
17 Stanford 4-2 74 17

You should be an Obama spin doctor. The Girls will be better because they got a beat down while claiming to be the best and blaiming everything from the weater, to the schedule the coach set for them, but thats ok because they used to be good so we'll screw an up and comming team later because Hiller has connections from an over priced school, where TA's are teaching my daughter, in the murder capital of the country.

Spin Doctor? Really?

Reading comprehension must not be one of your stronger competencies. No excuses, no blame to be placed, Stony Brook won the game.

The original question was: "How is NU still in the Top 20?". The answer to the question was factual, there were no excuses it was an explanation of why some pollsters may have ranked Northwestern in the Top 20.

The reference to Stony Brook was also factual. SBU was playing on significant rest and had not played a single Top 10 team. The pollsters consider all when ranking teams. It is not unreasonable to say that Stony Brook has been ill prepared for the post season based on their actual results as opposed to their ranking during the season.

All schedules are not created equal and factors such as travel, rest, and how rigorous the competition is all contribute to results as well as rankings. Pollsters do not simply look at Wins and losses.

It is quite possible that a season that does not challenge the players may result in a soft team come Tournament time.

Attempts to tear down a great university, a great program and a great coach will not elevate your daughters school, program or coach.

Is it an inferiority complex or is it resentment and jealousy that causes such animosity and distain?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I agree with you on is that because of strong conferences Mid major schools are at a disadvantage. Feel like the top top schools play anyone but 7-20 are selective. I think schools like Towson Stoney brook JMU Albany etc would play tougher schedules if they could.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as Parcells used to say. 'you are what your record says you are' ..paraphrasing. NU is a losing team, nothing more. any fond memories you, or the "pollsters" you seem to know so much about, have about winning teams of the past playing the ugliest lacrosse imaginable (i.e. the new stall rule) are just memories, nothing more.

if you think they will magically turn it around for whatever reason- the schedule, the travel, that NU mystique- then good luck. right now it's just a losing team. don't hang your hat on the polls. nobody is impressed or intimidated anymore by that.

maybe its just karma coming around. how many times did we have to watch NU stalling the last 6-7 minutes of a game sitting on a one goal lead? how much did that set back the game of Lacrosse? think that brought any news fans to the game?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=baldbear]IWLCA Poll for Division I, March 6

Spin Doctor? Really?

Reading comprehension must not be one of your stronger competencies. No excuses, no blame to be placed, Stony Brook won the game.

The original question was: "How is NU still in the Top 20?". The answer to the question was factual, there were no excuses it was an explanation of why some pollsters may have ranked Northwestern in the Top 20.

The reference to Stony Brook was also factual. SBU was playing on significant rest and had not played a single Top 10 team. The pollsters consider all when ranking teams. It is not unreasonable to say that Stony Brook has been ill prepared for the post season based on their actual results as opposed to their ranking during the season.

All schedules are not created equal and factors such as travel, rest, and how rigorous the competition is all contribute to results as well as rankings. Pollsters do not simply look at Wins and losses.

It is quite possible that a season that does not challenge the players may result in a soft team come Tournament time.

Attempts to tear down a great university, a great program and a great coach will not elevate your daughters school, program or coach.

Is it an inferiority complex or is it resentment and jealousy that causes such animosity and distain?

To be fair, Northwestern had only played one other game in the last 14 days before Stony Brook. They had plenty of rest. As for the rest of it, they play a ridiculous schedule, almost a full Big 10 and ACC tilt. At some point you need to win and not just play the hard games. I think the point is several years ago they played the same type of schedule and won the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know exactly where my daughters team falls in the bigger scheme, do you? Spin doctor you ask, and I answer yes, your spinning a losing record into some type of positive because they play tough teams and lose. If my daughters team played the same schedule they would also lose, does that mean they should be ranked in the top 20 also? Now tell me they only lost by a goal or two, like somehow that matters, they still lost. To say they stay ranked in the top 20 because they used to win is comical, it's like saying St Johns basketball should be a top 20 team because they used to be good. And now just to be a [lacrosse], your daughter is contributing to the NU slide to mediocrity, but I bet she was a top recruit that now can't win and was probably over hyped

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning is a learned trait. There are winners, and losers. 2-4 puts you on the right side of the sentence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland went nine years after their dynasty to be relevant again. Northwestern is now going through the same thing after their run. Nothing lasts forever. All schools would kill to have their success. That being said, they are ranked because of reputation alone. 2-4 is 2-4 no matter who you lose to and by how much. If they continue to lose they will drop out and this conversation will finally end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland went nine years after their dynasty to be relevant again. Northwestern is now going through the same thing after their run. Nothing lasts forever. All schools would kill to have their success. That being said, they are ranked because of reputation alone. 2-4 is 2-4 no matter who you lose to and by how much. If they continue to lose they will drop out and this conversation will finally end.

We can only hope.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do the Stony Brook touts get so excited about beating a weak team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern beat another top 10 in Notre Dame and lost in OT to #4 USC. Then lost another close one to Syracuse. Perhaps an unlucky team not a weak team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern beat another top 10 in Notre Dame and lost in OT to #4 USC. Then lost another close one to Syracuse. Perhaps an unlucky team not a weak team.

2-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will Stony Brook get their asses handed to them by Florida today? Will be interesting. Test day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't this exactly what I said they would say

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will Stony Brook get their asses handed to them by Florida today? Will be interesting. Test day

Yes. They can't hang with the Gators.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think it'll be tough for them down there today as it should be. Weather change is pretty severe lol. I personally think Florida UNC and Maryland are a cur above everyone else 14-8 Florida

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern also lost to # 8 Colorado in OT. So, they have played 5 Top 10 teams and they are 1 - 4. Three of the four games were lost by a total of 4 goals.

They played all 5 games in the span of 28 days, lost two games to to # 8 & # 6 in OT and another game by a 2 goals to the # 4 Team in the country. They then played another Top 10 team on one day of rest.

I would say that they are ranked about where they should be.

Why do the parents of non Northwestern student athletes care so much about a team that they think sucks? Why do they pound their chest about winning a game vs a team that they say is not very good? Why do they look diminish the quality of a University that is so highly regarded? Why do they root against a university and a program that they would never consider sending their daughter to? I could be wrong but I think I have even read some negative posts about the Northwestern Coach. If you would not consider sending your daughter there (if it were an opportunity) why do you care about Northwestern?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NW stands for Not Winners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blow out alert on Stony Brook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to go Gators!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NW stands for Not Winners.

Why did you even bother getting out of bed today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern also lost to # 8 Colorado in OT. So, they have played 5 Top 10 teams and they are 1 - 4. Three of the four games were lost by a total of 4 goals.

They played all 5 games in the span of 28 days, lost two games to to # 8 & # 6 in OT and another game by a 2 goals to the # 4 Team in the country. They then played another Top 10 team on one day of rest.

Why do the parents of non Northwestern student athletes care so much about a team that they think sucks? Why do they pound their chest about winning a game vs a team that they say is not very good? Why do they look diminish the quality of a University that is so highly regarded? Why do they root against a university and a program that they would never consider sending their daughter to? I could be wrong but I think I have even read some negative posts about the Northwestern Coach. If you would not consider sending your daughter there (if it were an opportunity) why do you care about Northwestern?

Pls stop the whining, you have a problem with a game every 5.3 days? how much rest do you need? You might want to update the post, ND going to be out of the top 10, sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone was waaay overrated!! A sea wolf is no match for a gator with a great coach! What even is a sea wolf?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pls stop the whining, you have a problem with a game every 5.3 days? how much rest do you need? You might want to update the post, ND going to be out of the top 10, sorry.

Not whining at all and certainly no problem with the travel or the competitive schedule. Simple pointing out some facts and giving some insight as to why Northwestern was still ranked on the Top 20 despite having a 2-4 record.

As stated in the above post, Northwestern is ranked about where they should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone was waaay overrated!! A sea wolf is no match for a gator with a great coach! What even is a sea wolf?

YJ alumni game, 14 starters across both teams, YJ South won easily...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ alumni game, 14 starters across both teams, YJ South won easily...

Those YJ alum are no match for the MD alum which is why neither of those teams will make it to championship weekend. Although will agree that SB was out coached which was part of the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those Terps look as strong as ever !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very surprised Maryland beat Syracuse by 10 goals!! Thought they would win but the margin was surprising. Cathy Reese has Gaits number I would say

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse has had some scares the last couple of games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse has had some scares the last couple of games

Because they are not one of Syracuse's better teams compared to years past teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does the female Tewaaraton Award almost always go to someone from the National Championship team (11 of 14 years). By definition it is suppose to go to the "most outstanding player". On the boys side they seem more open to recognizing the best player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does the female Tewaaraton Award almost always go to someone from the National Championship team (11 of 14 years). By definition it is suppose to go to the "most outstanding player". On the boys side they seem more open to recognizing the best player.

Why are D2 players not recognized or considered?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are D2 players not recognized or considered?

Stop wasting everyones time with this nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be a separate award for D2 player of the year

Page 43 of 75 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard