BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 32 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why should the varsity coach have any input? He has enough on his plate with the Varsity. PAL is the job of parents.

If your local school's Varsity coach and/or AD are not involved even a small amount with your community program, then your program is not what it could be. No one is saying they need to commit hours upon hours of involvement by the school, but some interaction is necessary - it's mutually beneficial!

What kind of money do you think they are paying these teachers to coach? Most varsity sports are year round commitment for the coach, now he has to go coach PAL?? Maybe he should come by the house of each kid and toss the ball around with him. How about parents take SOME responsibility for the athletic development of their kids. Is the varsity Baseball coach present at Little League baseball? How about the Varsity basketball coach? He should be coaching CYO, after all it's mutually beneficial for him!! And the varsity football coach should without a doubt be coaching the local pee wee team, because well, it's beneficial! Nonsense, the parents run the sports pre middle school and then the school coach takes over. These men/ladies have full time jobs teaching, they then spend countless hours coaching, and oh yeah, they have families too. I'm not sure what you do for a living, but if I asked you to show up during your free time to do it, away from your family and personal life, you would look at me like I was crazy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Massapequa PAL program is a joke. The Varsity boys coach has no input & the guy running it doesn't allow anyone else to give their input. Most of the coaches within the Massapequa PAL program only coach care about their own kids and their friends. If you think Massapequa has a well run youth program you are sadly mistaken.
I would love to know why most of the people who are are the "Board" for the Massapequa youth program are still involved when they truely don't have the best interest of all the boys & girls in mind. You can never get an honest answer from anyone involved with the Massapequa youth lacrosse program, if you ask 2 different "board " members the same question you will hear 2 completely different answers.

I am not from Massapequa, however I do help to run a program and everyone always seem to feel like there is some big conspiracy against them or their kid when most directors would love for others to be involved but like [lacrosse] the gator their hands never quite make it up in time.

So here is big question. Have you volunteered? Have you raised your hand or stepped up to be the person that brings change to the program?

So typical. This is not just a 'Pequa thing. All of these clowns complain about PAL. It's a "good old boys" club or it's "Daddy Ball" or it's "My kid doesn't get a fair shot". Give it a rest. I coach a PAL team and guess what? It's not all good times. Parents don't bring their kids to practice. They blow off games without letting the coaches know. Parents [lacrosse] that their kid doesn't play the position he wants. Parents complain about playing time. I'm rushing home from work 3 days a week and then practicing for a few hours just to wait an extra 30 minutes for people to pick up their kids. I have to buy a bucket of balls to start every season along with extra mouthpieces. I'm constantly fixing/adjusting equipment because parents are not interested in taking the time to do so. I have to collect all of the equipment and water bottles that kids leave around and drop it back to their houses. It's a thankless job, but coaches do it for their kids. If things don't sit right with you, volunteer.

Thank you the same goes for me. I think this expert can solve all the problems he has by either taking his kid to a different program. only play travel or dare I say it he can volunteer his time to coach. No like most he will stay on the sidelines and complain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should the varsity coach have any input? He has enough on his plate with the Varsity. PAL is the job of parents.

If your local school's Varsity coach and/or AD are not involved even a small amount with your community program, then your program is not what it could be. No one is saying they need to commit hours upon hours of involvement by the school, but some interaction is necessary - it's mutually beneficial!

What kind of money do you think they are paying these teachers to coach? Most varsity sports are year round commitment for the coach, now he has to go coach PAL?? Maybe he should come by the house of each kid and toss the ball around with him. How about parents take SOME responsibility for the athletic development of their kids. Is the varsity Baseball coach present at Little League baseball? How about the Varsity basketball coach? He should be coaching CYO, after all it's mutually beneficial for him!! And the varsity football coach should without a doubt be coaching the local pee wee team, because well, it's beneficial! Nonsense, the parents run the sports pre middle school and then the school coach takes over. These men/ladies have full time jobs teaching, they then spend countless hours coaching, and oh yeah, they have families too. I'm not sure what you do for a living, but if I asked you to show up during your free time to do it, away from your family and personal life, you would look at me like I was crazy.

You really should try reading ALL of the words and also not insert words that were NOT there! I said involvement, not coaching (!), and I said the involvement need not be extensive. I know for a fact that our school district made that involvement with our youth organization a requirement for a new incoming coach. And, in the end, a coach who is committed to a program at a certain school is the ultimate beneficiary of being involved with the local youth program: he has an input into how the boys play the game; he is known to the boys prior to their playing for him and vice versa; the boys are involved/engaged with the school program before they are players, even if only as fans; he is shaping the type of players he will have playing for him eventually; and lastly he knows what the future makeup of his team will be better than most if he was not involved. Similarly, our varsity football coach is involved in our youth organization; same goes for girls lacrosse team. That's how you build a strong program within a community - the youth programs are the feeder to the schools! It is also a way to snag/keep a kid or two that might otherwise opt to go to a private for HS. #totallynotseeingthebigpicture

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really should try reading ALL of the words and also not insert words that were NOT there! I said involvement, not coaching (!), and I said the involvement need not be extensive. I know for a fact that our school district made that involvement with our youth organization a requirement for a new incoming coach. And, in the end, a coach who is committed to a program at a certain school is the ultimate beneficiary of being involved with the local youth program: he has an input into how the boys play the game; he is known to the boys prior to their playing for him and vice versa; the boys are involved/engaged with the school program before they are players, even if only as fans; he is shaping the type of players he will have playing for him eventually; and lastly he knows what the future makeup of his team will be better than most if he was not involved. Similarly, our varsity football coach is involved in our youth organization; same goes for girls lacrosse team. That's how you build a strong program within a community - the youth programs are the feeder to the schools! It is also a way to snag/keep a kid or two that might otherwise opt to go to a private for HS. #totallynotseeingthebigpicture

You honestly believe the varsity coach is going to remember your son years later? If you feel so strongly about it, go to the high school, make an appointment and tell the coach how he should be involved. While you're there you can talk to all the other varsity coaches and tell them how they need to be present at the respective pee wee leagues for their respective sports. #cluelessparent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Massapequa PAL program is a joke. The Varsity boys coach has no input & the guy running it doesn't allow anyone else to give their input. Most of the coaches within the Massapequa PAL program only coach care about their own kids and their friends. If you think Massapequa has a well run youth program you are sadly mistaken.
I would love to know why most of the people who are are the "Board" for the Massapequa youth program are still involved when they truely don't have the best interest of all the boys & girls in mind. You can never get an honest answer from anyone involved with the Massapequa youth lacrosse program, if you ask 2 different "board " members the same question you will hear 2 completely different answers.

I am not from Massapequa, however I do help to run a program and everyone always seem to feel like there is some big conspiracy against them or their kid when most directors would love for others to be involved but like [lacrosse] the gator their hands never quite make it up in time.

So here is big question. Have you volunteered? Have you raised your hand or stepped up to be the person that brings change to the program?

IT GOES BOTH WAYS, IVE SEEN BOTH. VARSITY TOO INVOLVED AND DOESNT LET INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS GROW OUTSIDE OF THE PROGRAM AND THE OVER PROTECTIVE COACH AND PAL DIR.

THE WORST OF THE TWO IS THE PAL DIR.

QUESTION WHO HAS THE BIGGEST ENROLLMENT IN PAL IN NASSAU AND SUFFOLK? DOES ANYONE HAVE THE FACTS ON THAT.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You honestly believe the varsity coach is going to remember your son years later? If you feel so strongly about it, go to the high school, make an appointment and tell the coach how he should be involved. While you're there you can talk to all the other varsity coaches and tell them how they need to be present at the respective pee wee leagues for their respective sports. #cluelessparent.

You obviously miss the point! If the coach is involved in the youth program on an ongoing basis, year in, year out, he is exposed to the rising players when they're younger as well as just prior to playing for him - how hard a concept is that for you to grasp?? If he is forgetting youth players from the prior year, you've got more problems with him as a coach than his lack of involvement in the youth program. You also obviously have more problems with reading comprehension - the obligation for the coach to be involved was part of our school district's requirements - why would I need to get involved when it was already covered? I also said that many of the other varsity coaches were already regularly involved with the local youth organizations, so again, who needs to get involved when it is already happening? Sorry if your district and coaches are not willing to go that extra yard, but that's you and your kids loss, not a knock on our district!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IT GOES BOTH WAYS, IVE SEEN BOTH. VARSITY TOO INVOLVED AND DOESNT LET INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS GROW OUTSIDE OF THE PROGRAM AND THE OVER PROTECTIVE COACH AND PAL DIR.

THE WORST OF THE TWO IS THE PAL DIR.

QUESTION WHO HAS THE BIGGEST ENROLLMENT IN PAL IN NASSAU AND SUFFOLK? DOES ANYONE HAVE THE FACTS ON THAT.

Totally agree that a balance is what works best - over involvement/control is no bueno!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously miss the point! If the coach is involved in the youth program on an ongoing basis, year in, year out, he is exposed to the rising players when they're younger as well as just prior to playing for him - how hard a concept is that for you to grasp?? If he is forgetting youth players from the prior year, you've got more problems with him as a coach than his lack of involvement in the youth program. You also obviously have more problems with reading comprehension - the obligation for the coach to be involved was part of our school district's requirements - why would I need to get involved when it was already covered? I also said that many of the other varsity coaches were already regularly involved with the local youth organizations, so again, who needs to get involved when it is already happening? Sorry if your district and coaches are not willing to go that extra yard, but that's you and your kids loss, not a knock on our district!

Not sure of your district, but the union will not allow the district to FORCE a coach to involve himself in the youth program. How about this scenario, the coach retires/quits, now what? Frankly pal, I think you're full of sh*t. #typicalbotcliar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pal screwed schedules up nicely this year... re-rack...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure of your district, but the union will not allow the district to FORCE a coach to involve himself in the youth program. How about this scenario, the coach retires/quits, now what? Frankly pal, I think you're full of sh*t. #typicalbotcliar.[/quote]

It's a a UFSD, but the coaches in this case are all NOT teachers in the district, and I believe are all not teachers at all. You can call BS all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that it's all in place and working well. You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are they posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can take care of it next year! Thousands of games to schedule!

It's not an easy thing to do, especially with all of the special requests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously! Love all the negative comments coming from the cheap seats... So quick to judge. Would love to see how they would do with scheduling 1100+ games over a 9 week period. Not an easy task.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
throw in the fact that travel is now playing tourneys on sundays to cause more conflict and stress on kids and parents. Come on travel programs give us a break!! We already dedicate the summer to you, the fall, half the week, and oh our MONEY, now you schedule Sunday games to screw the PAL season which is only 6-8 weeks anyway? Horrible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty simple thing to do with scheduling software.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So typical. This is not just a 'Pequa thing. All of these clowns complain about PAL. It's a "good old boys" club or it's "Daddy Ball" or it's "My kid doesn't get a fair shot". Give it a rest. I coach a PAL team and guess what? It's not all good times. Parents don't bring their kids to practice. They blow off games without letting the coaches know. Parents [lacrosse] that their kid doesn't play the position he wants. Parents complain about playing time. I'm rushing home from work 3 days a week and then practicing for a few hours just to wait an extra 30 minutes for people to pick up their kids. I have to buy a bucket of balls to start every season along with extra mouthpieces. I'm constantly fixing/adjusting equipment because parents are not interested in taking the time to do so. I have to collect all of the equipment and water bottles that kids leave around and drop it back to their houses. It's a thankless job, but coaches do it for their kids. If things don't sit right with you, volunteer.

I have played against the Massapequa teams for many years, and they do a great job. I know several parents there, and they love it for their kids at all age levels. Move on, my son begged me to do PAL this year even though he plays in school and plays travel. They do it for the love of the game and to play with their buddies. It is also his last season. So enjoy it while you can. It seems like yesterday we were starting the K-1 clinics and teaching the boys how to hold a lacrosse stick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when tryouts are held for PAL? My son has been practicing once a month all winter and is eager to get playing at least once a week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when tryouts are held for PAL? My son has been practicing once a month all winter and is eager to get playing at least once a week.

PAL programs are not supposed to have tryouts. Teams are supposed to be balanced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PAL programs are not supposed to have tryouts. Teams are supposed to be balanced.

You should have received an e-mail assigning your son to a team by now. So call asap. If you haven't signed up for it yet then you might be out of luck. A good program (with not too many kids already) should let you in anyway and just assign him to a team. But you might've missed the boat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have nothing to do with PAL scheduling, but have been around long enough to understand that scheduling is a nightmare and thankless job. As mentioned before special requests from teams, field availability, coordinating with HS teams and girls programs and then topping it off the multiple changes after the schedule is created. To say it is easy shows a lack of understanding what goes into it or arrogance. It is not as easy as setting up your TECMO BOWL tournament up with your friends as it was in 1989.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are in Wyandanch today in the snow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are in Wyandanch today in the snow.

You are an "arse". Think before you write!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say this about Massapequa PAL LaCrosse. I am retired from the NYPD. I have been to more cops line of duty funerals than I care to recall. A few months back ( not during lacrosse season) and NYPD Sergeant was shot and killed in the Bronx. The funeral was held in Massapequa. The kids and the coaches from their PAL lacrosse program were out in force. Wearing their jerseys and handing out water and snacks to the thousands of police officers from throughout the nation who attended the funeral. These boys thanked everyone for their service and we're a true testament to what organized sports should be about. They represented their community and the lacrosse community in an outstanding manner. I have never in all my years of going to LOD funerals seen a community or sports organization step up in such a manner. Someone in that organization is doing something right. Kudos to them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately you are incorrect and obviously still bitter your son never made the Mohawks travel team. At some point you have to accept his lax abilities for what they are. I have boys and girls in the Massapequa PAL Lax program and the coaches give their heart and sole to both the girls and boys program. Not just develop players, but make sure they have fun. That's what PAL is supposed to be about! It's not the WSYL. These coaches work full time jobs and come home, run to the fields to coach the kids -- many times at the expense of their own family time. I've watched it for years. As many have said -- if your not happy pick up a stick and volunteer! I'm sure these guys would love to get back a few hours in their weeks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
says the a--hole who has never scheduled anything. Why doesn't mister scheduling no it all step up to the plate and be the PAL scheduler.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have nothing to do with PAL scheduling, but have been around long enough to understand that scheduling is a nightmare and thankless job. As mentioned before special requests from teams, field availability, coordinating with HS teams and girls programs and then topping it off the multiple changes after the schedule is created. To say it is easy shows a lack of understanding what goes into it or arrogance. It is not as easy as setting up your TECMO BOWL tournament up with your friends as it was in 1989.

Free scheduling software makes it easy. Paid for scheduling software makes it even easier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mohawks--representing the greater south shore and neighboring towns, especially when we are playing against the better town teams and we need to supplement our roster to compete. hashtgag not enough strong players to go it alone as a town team--embarrassment when entering town team tournaments...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say this about Massapequa PAL LaCrosse. I am retired from the NYPD. I have been to more cops line of duty funerals than I care to recall. A few months back ( not during lacrosse season) and NYPD Sergeant was shot and killed in the Bronx. The funeral was held in Massapequa. The kids and the coaches from their PAL lacrosse program were out in force. Wearing their jerseys and handing out water and snacks to the thousands of police officers from throughout the nation who attended the funeral. These boys thanked everyone for their service and we're a true testament to what organized sports should be about. They represented their community and the lacrosse community in an outstanding manner. I have never in all my years of going to LOD funerals seen a community or sports organization step up in such a manner. Someone in that organization is doing something right. Kudos to them!

AMEN!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mohawks--representing the greater south shore and neighboring towns, especially when we are playing against the better town teams and we need to supplement our roster to compete. hashtgag not enough strong players to go it alone as a town team--embarrassment when entering town team tournaments...

100000% false. Every single boy that plays on a Mohawks tournament team plays Massapequa PAL and is fully in compliance with the rules of eligibility dictated by PAL.
It's OK that they beat you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100000% false. Every single boy that plays on a Mohawks tournament team plays Massapequa PAL and is fully in compliance with the rules of eligibility dictated by PAL.

Not totally false, but very few kids, and they are from towns without PAL programs, like Amityville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is totally false every single kid that plays on my son Mohawks team (2023) is from Massapequa. There is not one kid from another town on the team. This past year in Football there was one kid from West Islip on the team, but never in all the years my son has been playing has there been a kid not from Massapequa on the team. Sorry for winning every tournament we played in the last 2 years, sorry i think we lost once in the Championship game. Stop trying to make excuses because our kids ran circles around your son team… Good luck this season...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not totally false, but very few kids, and they are from towns without PAL programs, like Amityville.

which is not against PAL eligibility rules. neighboring town doesn't offer lax. as long as those boys are playing in the town PAL program and not hired guns.....there is no issue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is totally false every single kid that plays on my son Mohawks team (2023) is from Massapequa. There is not one kid from another town on the team. This past year in Football there was one kid from West Islip on the team, but never in all the years my son has been playing has there been a kid not from Massapequa on the team. Sorry for winning every tournament we played in the last 2 years, sorry i think we lost once in the Championship game. Stop trying to make excuses because our kids ran circles around your son team… Good luck this season...

Yeah, good luck at viper or some other b bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post PAL, but the '20 Mohawk vs. town Massapequa was a joke. Mohawk much better due to the addition of a few out of town kids. I know the coach and he told me as such, especially at the face off X--and we beat both teams--one game very close, the other a 4 goal rule beat down every time we played. So defend as you will, in this instance these are the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy buddy, Winning town tournaments isn't anything to brag about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL...,That last post made my day!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about when the town Daddy's think it's a good idea to split PAL into A teams and B teams! Shouldn't there be a tryout? If there was a tryout, then no one should be put out. No tears. It is what it is.
Or, does Daddy get to say everyone that is on an A travel club (ie. igloo / EXP Haugen) is an A player--everyone else should go get their "shine box"? Why do some of these people act this way? It is bad for the town. It is bad for the program. And, it discourages kids to play. Kids improve every year. I get politics.
BTW, I know some kids in my town that committed D1 soph yr in HS, yet never "made" the PAL A team. RIDICULOUS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about when the town Daddy's think it's a good idea to split PAL into A teams and B teams! Shouldn't there be a tryout? If there was a tryout, then no one should be put out. No tears. It is what it is.
Or, does Daddy get to say everyone that is on an A travel club (ie. igloo / EXP Haugen) is an A player--everyone else should go get their "shine box"? Why do some of these people act this way? It is bad for the town. It is bad for the program. And, it discourages kids to play. Kids improve every year. I get politics.
BTW, I know some kids in my town that committed D1 soph yr in HS, yet never "made" the PAL A team. RIDICULOUS!

Okay, here's the tough question, what did YOU do about it, other than post on BOTC??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm confused why is winning town tournaments any less important than winning club tournaments?? Kids win with their friends not strangers from random towns and Eventually win HS championships together. These are the memories these kids will remember. Not winning a random tournament with some kid named Chad from CSH as your linemate...

Just one guys opinion..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL...,That last post made my day!!!

I'm confused why is winning town tournaments any less important than winning club tournaments?? Kids win with their friends not strangers from random towns and Eventually win HS championships together. These are the memories these kids will remember. Not winning a random tournament with some kid named Chad from CSH as your linemate...

Just one guys opinion..

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 32 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard