BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 214 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ESM's leading scorer at the time got njured right before playoffs who also happens to be one of the 8th graders that got pulled up.

Oh ok, makes sense...So she didn't play when they lost to Mattituck, Bayport, Mt Sinai and SWR?

You got me. You're right. She's a terrible player and so is the whole ESM team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who has the Nassau divisions for the regular season and then the playoffs. thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me and my daughters have been biting at the bit to get this season going.We prepared all winter by buying a whistle, and me running around the house blowing it at my daughters constantly, but i made sure i did not get to close. If i did i waved my hand in front of my face and blew the whistle louder. After months of this, i think we are ready for the upcoming season. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what club she plays for. Club had nothing to do with her mistakes. Everyone kissing up to her including SA coach.

She plays YJ A team.. and those are not mistakes. Kid is out of control to say the least. Can possibly be a good player in college, but she would actually have to get in to college first and that's the kicker, more money should be spent on tutors instead of lax to bring her up speed as she is nowhere near majority students academically. SA coach dodged a bullet with her as we all are witnessing with this public meltdown of being dismissed from a school where she thought she would reign supreme. There's a lot happening behind the scenes where kid is personally bad mouthing SA players and it seems they can't get a grasp on the behavior. This kid will not make it to UNC and this looks terrible on UNC as this girls reputation is terrible. I agree with the poster above that said, most kids in this recruiting age will avoid UNC because of this.

Never knew SA academics standards were so high...can possibly be a good player in college? she runs circles around those other 9th graders...looks terrible on UNC? the same UNC that was giving out "A"s to kids not attending classes...Yup, i can see it now. Coach Levy offers a kid a scholarship, kid says no thanks coach, dont want to play with so and so...keep dreaming.

You do know this kid went to another school before SA where her grades and behavior were just as bad right?, running circles? not so sure about that.. Kid does not have the body structure or weight as your average or on age 9th grader and throws body weight around to dominate or intimidate. No need to argue, lets revisit this in 2019 when it's signing day and we shall see. Cuse didn't want her, neither did quite a few other D1 schools. not too good a reputation from TG also, those parents were happy to see her go.and as you can see, her leaving did not affect TG at all. They did very well, got along well with each other and had a blast without her. hopefully by the end of the season those Pequa parents can say the same.

TG is part of reason she is who she is, SS as a role model? same spoiled petulant child who was never told no, they did everything they could for her and were devastated when she left, don't let BS or SS tell you anything different, they were parading her all over the country as the #1 recruit in the age group. Team didn't like her because SS let her do whatever she wanted to and the ball was always in her stick to insure wins in close games or blowouts. Age group is full of backstabbers on both clubs, she was one of many who the knives were out for on the sidelines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what club she plays for. Club had nothing to do with her mistakes. Everyone kissing up to her including SA coach.

She plays YJ A team.. and those are not mistakes. Kid is out of control to say the least. Can possibly be a good player in college, but she would actually have to get in to college first and that's the kicker, more money should be spent on tutors instead of lax to bring her up speed as she is nowhere near majority students academically. SA coach dodged a bullet with her as we all are witnessing with this public meltdown of being dismissed from a school where she thought she would reign supreme. There's a lot happening behind the scenes where kid is personally bad mouthing SA players and it seems they can't get a grasp on the behavior. This kid will not make it to UNC and this looks terrible on UNC as this girls reputation is terrible. I agree with the poster above that said, most kids in this recruiting age will avoid UNC because of this.

Never knew SA academics standards were so high...can possibly be a good player in college? she runs circles around those other 9th graders...looks terrible on UNC? the same UNC that was giving out "A"s to kids not attending classes...Yup, i can see it now. Coach Levy offers a kid a scholarship, kid says no thanks coach, dont want to play with so and so...keep dreaming.

You do know this kid went to another school before SA where her grades and behavior were just as bad right?, running circles? not so sure about that.. Kid does not have the body structure or weight as your average or on age 9th grader and throws body weight around to dominate or intimidate. No need to argue, lets revisit this in 2019 when it's signing day and we shall see. Cuse didn't want her, neither did quite a few other D1 schools. not too good a reputation from TG also, those parents were happy to see her go.and as you can see, her leaving did not affect TG at all. They did very well, got along well with each other and had a blast without her. hopefully by the end of the season those Pequa parents can say the same.

TG is part of reason she is who she is, SS as a role model? same spoiled petulant child who was never told no, they did everything they could for her and were devastated when she left, don't let BS or SS tell you anything different, they were parading her all over the country as the #1 recruit in the age group. Team didn't like her because SS let her do whatever she wanted to and the ball was always in her stick to insure wins in close games or blowouts. Age group is full of backstabbers on both clubs, she was one of many who the knives were out for on the sidelines

Club is a business its why carol has 4 teams in some age groups with the 4th team unable to catch or throw. Just like the Bull Shi*** national championship they claim they win every year when MD doesn't show to play. If a problem child can play and help the stature of the program there will always be a spot for her. She was stolen away with open arms

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been watching this girl for years. She's been on varsity since 7th grade. She is a very good player. Yes she has an attitude that must be worked on and fixed, however you're just jealous parents. Let the kid be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is really nothing after you get out of the top division in Nassau.

GC, Port, Mass, Fdale, Syosset, N Shore, CSH, Manhasset, Wantagh

Division, Jericho, Hewlett, Roslyn, Floral, Clarke, EM, Hicks, Bethpage, Baldwin

Calhoun, SS, Oceanside, LV, McArthur, Seaford, PE, Lyn, Carle Place

Friends, Plainview, Mepham, Bellmore, Freeport, Elmont, IT, Herricks, Carey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The SA freshman team is going to be a disaster. From my own daughter, I've heard that not many have the skill to play. Only a few that are good for each position. There are only two good midfielders and three attackers. And quite frankly, a team cannot rely on five players to win games.

I thought there are a bunch of good freshman, already committed. Are they allowed to play JV or Varsity or do they have to play freshman team?

Don't take the bait and definitely don't pay any of this garbage any attention, poster and his "committed" kid are just mad and going on a rampage posting crap to discredit team/girls because his kid got dismissed without a second thought and their egos are hurt.

Start a SA thread, besides 3 or 4 SA people, nobody could give a crap about them....especially freshman team

Please start a SA thread! I'm sure it will be twice as entertaining as the Chaminade thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question...what is the deal with helmets? Our HS team in Suffolk was issued them by the school. Are they required now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt infamous girl and BC commit will be on JV for SA. Infamous girl has tremendous speed and skills as well as BC commit. They're going to both shine out only as freshman

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question...what is the deal with helmets? Our HS team in Suffolk was issued them by the school. Are they required now?

Not required. Dumb idea. Waste of money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt infamous girl and BC commit will be on JV for SA. Infamous girl has tremendous speed and skills as well as BC commit. They're going to both shine out only as freshman

Why are you so sure about that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren't mandatory yet. Every school has the choice to wear them or not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren't mandatory yet. Every school has the choice to wear them or not

Thanks, I'm undecided if it is a good idea. But its out of our hands I guess. I think it will just make the game more physical, and girls can get away with more charging, ect. Not wanting to see anyone ever get hurt, but there is a consequence now of pain when a girl just puts her head down and charges to the cage. I think its more of a ref issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not required. Dumb idea. Waste of money!

Why exactly is it a dumb idea? If people realize it does not prevent concussions but feel it will prevent ball or stick contact to a child's head, how is that bad? Older girls at the elite college level are not going to take to it initially. The cost is not much more than higher end goggles offered by Cascade and other companies. It should be a parent or player choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that didn't take long, 3 days in, and our coach has started with get the ball to Shannon BS. I guess we aren't working on team offense this pre-season and my guess is we aren't the only team.

These HS coaches are ruining this team game but Shannon will be in Newsday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that didn't take long, 3 days in, and our coach has started with get the ball to Shannon BS. I guess we aren't working on team offense this pre-season and my guess is we aren't the only team.

Have you been going to practice? Kind of creepy, bet the coach loves having you around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, daughter must love the fact that Dad stands outside the fence with binoculars on scoping out practice...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, daughter must love the fact that Dad stands outside the fence with binoculars on scoping out practice...

Or maybe the daughter came home and said so? just sayin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
possibly true..but using "our" & "we" when describing daughters HS team is pretty creepy in its own way...
same guy who calls WFAN and talks about "we" and his sports teams....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The guys making it creepy are the travel dads. Don't be fooled. 98% of the team wants the ball passed around, the travel dads just want the stats for their daughters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So daughter came home whining about not getting the ball after 3 days of PRACTICE and Daddy ran to BOTC to whine about it in public - guess we know where she gets if from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel Lax is the most selfish sport there is...and unfortunately, coaches don't espouse teamwork....because most are college age kids who have no clue how to coach a team..but boy they are great at stick tricks and joshing with the girls..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you singling out a player or is that just the moniker you have given to a ball hog? Just remember how successful this strategy has been for the last 3 years. It works against all of the teams that won't make the playoffs. In the playoffs she will be face guarded and shut out once again. One man teams are the first to be eliminated in the playoffs. Teams with numerous options are the ones that are successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why exactly is it a dumb idea? If people realize it does not prevent concussions but feel it will prevent ball or stick contact to a child's head, how is that bad? Older girls at the elite college level are not going to take to it initially. The cost is not much more than higher end goggles offered by Cascade and other companies. It should be a parent or player choice.

I personally believe the game is fine without helmets. However it should not be a player or team choice, helmets should either be mandatory or not. Helmets on one team creates a competitive advantage. If I was a Coach or AD my team would not be playing against a team with helmets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel Lax is the most selfish sport there is...and unfortunately, coaches don't espouse teamwork....because most are college age kids who have no clue how to coach a team..but boy they are great at stick tricks and joshing with the girls..

Please enlighten us. What travel/AAU etc sport instills teamwork.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well..i look at it this way..if a kid on any AAU team grabbed a rebound and dribbled the length of the court for a shot or layup, bypassing open teammates, & that w/b sort of frowned upon and discouraged. Get away with it once and maybe no big deal....in travel lax, it happens constantly and folks cheer that selfish act..also, generally, in AAU its an adult coaching the team, so they may/may not have a more disciplined approach to coaching..not saying all, but seems to be case.
And, yes, my daughter plays AAU as well...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I personally believe the game is fine without helmets. However it should not be a player or team choice, helmets should either be mandatory or not. Helmets on one team creates a competitive advantage. If I was a Coach or AD my team would not be playing against a team with helmets

Helmets need to be either mandatory or completely not allowed. Who cares which they choose, but you can't have it both ways. Girls with helmets should not allowed to be to play against girls without helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well..i look at it this way..if a kid on any AAU team grabbed a rebound and dribbled the length of the court for a shot or layup, bypassing open teammates, & that w/b sort of frowned upon and discouraged. Get away with it once and maybe no big deal....in travel lax, it happens constantly and folks cheer that selfish act..also, generally, in AAU its an adult coaching the team, so they may/may not have a more disciplined approach to coaching..not saying all, but seems to be case.
And, yes, my daughter plays AAU as well...

Respectfully disagree. There are just as many over dribbling" ball hogs" and "chuckers" shooting in basketball as" going to goal" girls in lax. As far as coaching I have seen dreadful coaching antics with AAU/travel basketball coaches. I think when blanket statements are made they tend to be false and I think the original statement that "lax is the most selfish sport there is" is just plain stupid and requires a reply.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And don't forget the soccer players who try to dribble through 3 defenders. Ball hogs are ball hogs and permeate all sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what's viewed as ball hog in other sports is sometimes more obvious and a sign of selfishness..in lax its cheered by dopes on sidelines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that forms of soft headgear have been available for a few years. Now that they resemble "helmets" and they are more readily available, people have begun to take notice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what's viewed as ball hog in other sports is sometimes more obvious and a sign of selfishness..in lax its cheered by dopes on sidelines

Then you haven't been on as many sidelines as I have. The ball hogs' parents are ALWAYS encouraging them to go to goal, go to the basket, go to the net. It's pretty obvious to all. And if the kid is a multisport player, you generally see it across all sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People definitely passed on UNC because of her. Fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People definitely passed on UNC because of her. Fact

People like that seem pretty mentally weak...being that soft, they wouldn't have seen the field anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or smart

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there's a sport for people that are very fast and have a limited hand/eye coordination skill set - it's called track & field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or know that they couldn't compete at her level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonough unbeatable. Look out for Duke in two years when 6'4" girl shows up on campus. Wins 90% of draws. She is unstoppable. No I'm not her dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're right - they didn't want to compete at her "level"

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 214 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 213 214
Quick Reply