BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,246
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 91 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Playing Down Is South Shore.

More of a North Shore thing..

Yeah - Manhasset, CSH, NS, LV, Northport, Huntington, etc all are guilty of having kids play down! LOL!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are defense and attack normally the larger kids?
Defense are definitely normally the larger boys, but now a days you have to be large for all positions. Attack should be large and strong as well. Middie you need the legs so sometimes they are the smaller boys. But if your son is small, good luck. He'll have good run on a B team but going into 6th grade next near no coach wants a small defensive or attackman.

Hmmm, going to disagree on that one, lacrosse has no set size tables. Peruse every D-1 program and you will see what I'm saying. Not sure you have much experience in this sport with that comment.

Yeah, especially since they are all done growing in 6th grade. You're an idiot. They haven't even started growing yet in 6th and all the coaches look at is size...? You've got no idea.

Any one watch Syracuse this past weekend? They have a 6'7" middie and a 5'7" middie on the same starting line. Lane had three goals and Salcido had 3 and the game winner with 10 seconds left. It's the only team sport where you can have such different players stature wise, at the highest levels, playing the exact same position... So what makes them both great? Stick skills! It's the great equalizer in this sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
October of 06 is 2024 (5th grade) in NY. Are you interested in having your boy play down? Really?

I Will not have him play down during the year.He will play with his 2024 team regardless that most of the boys he plays with and against are a year older. I was referring to the Warrior tryout?

Your question makes more sense now BUT what are you telling your son that he can't make a team in his right age group? He has to play with 4th graders in order to make it? I wouldn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
October of 06 is 2024 (5th grade) in NY. Are you interested in having your boy play down? Really?

I Will not have him play down during the year.He will play with his 2024 team regardless that most of the boys he plays with and against are a year older. I was referring to the Warrior tryout?

Your question makes more sense now BUT what are you telling your son that he can't make a team in his right age group? He has to play with 4th graders in order to make it? I wouldn't.

Not making a team only makes you try harder. Unless you have a child that has never heard the word NO before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just dumb. Gonna be tough to brag to all of your friends when he has to play against younger kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone need to set up a spring league for travel teams like the do in Maryland. It would be a great way to get teams ready for the summer season. Just one game a week would be prefect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just dumb. Gonna be tough to brag to all of your friends when he has to play against younger kids.

I understand, but the kid is not really older... just in a higher grade. Thought maybe this team/ tournament was age based.Not just grad class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone need to set up a spring league for travel teams like the do in Maryland. It would be a great way to get teams ready for the summer season. Just one game a week would be prefect.

The boys all play PAL - they practice and scrimmage with their travel teams. They need more? And PAL serves a purpose for the community - those are the boys that will play together when they get to HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah - Manhasset, CSH, NS, LV, Northport, Huntington, etc all are guilty of having kids play down! LOL!

Such an Elitist comment. You guys are the biggest pussies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps you can explain what was elitist about what was posted . . . ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saying playing down is a South Shore thing and the mighty North shore would never do such a thing. Please get over yourself. You people hold your kids back to shine in high school so little Thurston III can go to Duke because he can't excel on grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is playing next Sunday the 19th?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is playing next Sunday the 19th?

Shamrock? My 4th grader is but my 5th grader isn't

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saying playing down is a South Shore thing and the mighty North shore would never do such a thing. Please get over yourself. You people hold your kids back to shine in high school so little Thurston III can go to Duke because he can't excel on grade.

Dude, each of these posts are from different people. Do you know how an anonymous board works??! I didn't post the south shore comment, because I can't say whether that is something that goes on down there. But I did post the reference to the specific NS schools because all of them are solid programs (I mistakenly left off Port), and I don't believe any of them engage in any rampant playing down practices - I know the program where I live and coach for, which is one of those I listed, does not have any - if anything, we have boys playing up! Try and follow along! And your [lacrosse] comment, IF it were true, says what about all of the other programs that get beat up by those I listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
omg now you guys are comparing shores of the island, you are all pathetic.. whats next blue eyed kids vs brown eyed. I will take the brown eyed kids everyday just cause there are more of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The boys all play PAL - they practice and scrimmage with their travel teams. They need more? And PAL serves a purpose for the community - those are the boys that will play together when they get to HS.

There are more top tier travel teams in MD/DC/VA because they play a strong spring league against each other. btw, would be better for PAL because it could be more developmental

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand, but the kid is not really older... just in a higher grade. Thought maybe this team/ tournament was age based.Not just grad class.

Keep trying to convince yourself your not playing your son down. You sign up according to graduating year. It's very clear. Lacrosse is not age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big guy is offended. This is the world we live in. Sensitive to think it's elitist yet tough enough to call everyone pussies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big guy is offended. This is the world we live in. Sensitive to think it's elitist yet tough enough to call everyone pussies.m

The big guy is offended. This is the world we live in. Sensitive to think it's elitist yet tough enough to call everyone pussies.

More like trashy enough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are more top tier travel teams in MD/DC/VA because they play a strong spring league against each other. btw, would be better for PAL because it could be more developmental

If the goal is for a stronger HS program, then not having local boys play PAL together t would likely hurt that goal. If your goal is simple for better travel teams and individual developement, then by playing together more against better competition will make those teams better. At the end of the day, this is a team game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep trying to convince yourself your not playing your son down. You sign up according to graduating year. It's very clear. Lacrosse is not age based.

i am not telling myself anything that has not been put in front of me..Its what goes on,I get it. The number of 11 yr old b-day parties my kid was invited to(alot) in 2016 were only from lacrosse friends.
But the clear thing is debatable I believe lacrosse has an age cutoff of Sept 1st.No?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. That's US lacrosse cutoff. I Believe, U9, U10 etc is your age on 8/31. I may be wrong, but that's what I read.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. That's US lacrosse cutoff. I Believe, U9, U10 etc is your age on 8/31. I may be wrong, but that's what I read.

But Warrior games you since up specifically by graduation year. Twist it anyway you want. If you sign up for 2025 that is the HS graduation year not age.
Drop the topic and do whatever you decide to do and stop looking for someone to tell you what's right. Bottom line a boy with a fall birthday will have a tough time. Not saying it is fair but then leave him back if that's what you want to do. Otherwise play his year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The answer is for warrior games, its graduation year. For most of the country, lacrosse in general, its the us lacrosse age cutoff. They use the U system, 8/31 cutoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are playing in the shamrock shootout next weekend on Sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it does not matter at this age if he plays with his age or grad year. if he gets decent playing time now, keep him with his grad year. if he doesn't, move him to his age level.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
outlaws gold, i think greenwich team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None if the storm hits like they are saying. You know they will not clear the fields.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by mlav70
outlaws gold, i think greenwich team.

Outlaws select and 24 will be there from what I hear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None if the storm hits like they are saying. You know they will not clear the fields.

They will wait until Saturday to cxl. No chance fields will be ready.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it does not matter at this age if he plays with his age or grad year. if he gets decent playing time now, keep him with his grad year. if he doesn't, move him to his age level.

you don't get it. it does matter. if he is scheduled to graduate high school in 2024, that is where he should be playing since 95% of all events are grade based (only usl events are age based).
if your son plays on 2025 in a grade based tournament, he is play in down -- which is cheating. end of story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you don't get it. it does matter. if he is scheduled to graduate high school in 2024, that is where he should be playing since 95% of all events are grade based (only usl events are age based).
if your son plays on 2025 in a grade based tournament, he is play in down -- which is cheating. end of story.

If you don't like it, play soccer or football.
It's not changing. At least not before your son graduates!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guarantee they will cancel and so will the MD tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What teams are playing in the shamrock shootout next weekend on Sunday?

Do they reschedule this or just refund the teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What teams are playing in the shamrock shootout next weekend on Sunday?

They typically try to reschedule but doesn't always work out. Sometimes so teams just can't go because of other commitments the weekend they choose. Therefore no refund.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD will be fine. Will move it to turf. Shamrock will get pushed back to another weekend. Similar to a couple years ago. Refunds? Ha, now that's funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They typically try to reschedule but doesn't always work out. Sometimes so teams just can't go because of other commitments the weekend they choose. Therefore no refund.

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD will be fine. Will move it to turf. Shamrock will get pushed back to another weekend. Similar to a couple years ago. Refunds? Ha, now that's funny.

Last year MD cancelled and/or rescheduled for 2024

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD is already re-scheduled for the following week...lets see if that date sticks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing says MD is rescheduled for next weekend.

Page 43 of 91 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard