BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 264 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Gents & Ladies, the varsity season is upon us. I want to take a minute to wish all of your sons a healthy and prosperous season. We argue and rip each other on here, but at the end of the day I hope every young man from Long Island succeeds and meets his full potential. Enjoy this season as there are few!

Well said.

Thanks for this. You have restored my faith in ALL Long Islanders.

Good luck to all teams.

Enjoy the season..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All due respect, I have had 2 boys D1 commits and my boys didn't even play for a travel team and we did nothing to pursue lacrosse. When you go to the general tournaments, if your son is a standout they shine on their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah...I don't know where the poster was going with the no athletes in 5 years, sissy, fancy prancy Syosset thing. Sounds like envy speaking. From what can read, all the poster was talking about was the change in the islands demographics. This is what happens when you have a top academic school district. Smart people want to move there and give their kids the best education. Happens in Manhasset, Jericho etc. And who is to say these kids don't get more involved in team sports....maybe the will? Also, most if not all LAX players play multiple sports and are dedicated, which is proven by the achievements at a school like Syosset. Syosset as well as other schools like them will continue to run competitive programs and produce collegiate ready athletes for a long time. You can't control demographics and the future, but all that means is some other school district on LI will rise to the top, and LI will continue to be a breading ground for LAX players.
The reason why LAX will not become big in the south and in the rust belt comes down to money. There is no "LAX life" after college....no big contracts and endorsement deals and unfortunately, there never will. Football will still be king in those areas. As someone who played and loves the sport, it kills me to say this, but LAX is not a sport that will have commercial success. And if there is no money in it for broadcasters, there will be no money in it for teams, which means MLL players will need to keep their day job as they will still make less than $20K/year. So use LAX to get into a better college, a college you may not get into with good grades alone, have fun, enjoy the time and set yourself up for your life after college!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is a good game, but let's be honest the real sports are: Baseball, Football, Soccer, Basketball and Hockey. If you are a great athlete I never will understand why the push by parents for lacrosse? For the 10-50% scholarship that you will receive from a university at age 14 or 15? You have nothing big to shoot for with lacrosse after college. The MLL is a joke! Imagine your kid is really good at one of those other sports, why throw it away just to play college lax? For the parties? In 4 years you are finished unless maybe you can play in the beer league (MLL) for quarters. I never will understand it, I see many potentially great athletes just settle for lacrosse. Is it because dad played in the 80's when no one played the game outside the Northeast? So he pushes it hard on his kid? In our time if you could catch, run and throw you were the best around? The only thing that has evolved in lacrosse is how much of a huge money maker it is for certain people. Could you imagine your parents doing what parents do today, and for the same college scholarship money as we had 30-40 years ago! Everything since the 60's is the same in lacrosse. Sad but unfortunately all true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is a good game, but let's be honest the real sports are: Baseball, Football, Soccer, Basketball and Hockey. If you are a great athlete I never will understand why the push by parents for lacrosse? For the 10-50% scholarship that you will receive from a university at age 14 or 15? You have nothing big to shoot for with lacrosse after college. The MLL is a joke! Imagine your kid is really good at one of those other sports, why throw it away just to play college lax? For the parties? In 4 years you are finished unless maybe you can play in the beer league (MLL) for quarters. I never will understand it, I see many potentially great athletes just settle for lacrosse. Is it because dad played in the 80's when no one played the game outside the Northeast? So he pushes it hard on his kid? In our time if you could catch, run and throw you were the best around? The only thing that has evolved in lacrosse is how much of a huge money maker it is for certain people. Could you imagine your parents doing what parents do today, and for the same college scholarship money as we had 30-40 years ago! Everything since the 60's is the same in lacrosse. Sad but unfortunately all true.

So you sucked at lacrosse. That's all you had to say, "I sucked at lacrosse".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me help you. Most people continue to play lacrosse to the highest level possible because they love the sport. Most of those same people are not trying to pursue a career as full-time professional athlete. Almost all of college athletes that play the other sports you mention also are not pursuing careers as professional athletes, but they use their sports to get better college opportunities, and they also love their sports. Having the opportunity to be a college athlete is a remarkable experience that only a minority of high school athletes get to experience; I take it you aren't one of those.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

never ever understood this argument - why play volley ball, archery or almost any other sport? Why would any girl play any sport since they have virtually no professional leagues. 99.99999% of HS athletes play for the love of the sport and or being a part of a team. Lacrosse has been very very good to a lot of HS athletes on Long Island whether it is help getting into a school, a little financial assistance with a school or just the thrill of competing with friends. I would urge all kids to play sport/sports that they love.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right, it would be much smarter to pursue the dream of playing in MLB or maybe the in the NBA, NHL, or NFL. Why in the world would you have you kid use lacrosse to get accepted at Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Notre Dame, Duke, Army, Navy, Air Force, Johns Hopkins, Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, Brown, Penn, Dartmouth, Etc..

Yes, lets be honest: Why in the world would you shoot for any of those schools...? There is no future after college lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You win......the dumbest thing stated on BOTC. College Scholarship wise the breakdown is as follows...only the facts on BOTC--from the NCAA--Football-85, Basketball-13, baseball-11.7, hockey-18, soccer-10 and lax-12.6. Now for the facts since that's what is important on BOTC..........From the NCAA the % of college athletes making the professional level is as follows..Football-1.6%, Basketball-1.1%, Baseball-9.7%, hockey-6.6%, soccer-1.4%. As for travel money makers.. travel baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer are larger and have more teams, travel, AAU clubs, than lax. Soooo....what is the point you are trying to make with your idiotic statement>>>

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You never played or were awful, otherwise you wouldn't be so confused.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess I'll tell my daughter to quit field hockey as a 9 year old, because some butthurt loser that didn't play any sports after middle school came up with a revelation that only activities that lead to professional sports contracts should be pursued.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, because physical fitness, character, broadened educational opportunities, sportsmanship, competition, fun, camaraderie, and life experiences aren't worth anything in life. The recreational sports industries across the world thank you for bringing this matter to light.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have any idea how many HS All-Americans sit on the bench at football powerhouses? What money is the 5th string guard on the Crimson Tide or Clemson Tigers making at his sport? Lacrosse kids by and large come from affluent families, they see lacrosse for what it is, an opportunity to play a sport in college, have great memories, get a degree and then get a good job. If you think every D-1 college football player is making the pros, you have never played the game. Basketball and baseball are even harder to become pros, and forget hockey. So I don't think anyone on BOTC is expecting their kid to get rich playing lacrosse, well educated and then a job afterward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing the game because the kids love to play is great. Kids playing because the parents push them and think it is the path to a "better school" than they can otherwise get into is ridiculous. When I suggested To my son to accept a school over his head he asked why should he go to a school where he would have to be a full time athlete and then struggle in school instead of going to a school at his level. A C average at an ivy or getting pushed out because of bad grades doesn't get you far. Good grades in hs get you moremoney than lacrosse will. The days of getting great jobs just because you played lacrosse are over So time for parents to get a reality check. Any sport is great for the kids that enjoy the sport but being a great lacrosse player now only gives you a great opportunity to be a lacrosse coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing the game because the kids love to play is great. Kids playing because the parents push them and think it is the path to a "better school" than they can otherwise get into is ridiculous. When I suggested To my son to accept a school over his head he asked why should he go to a school where he would have to be a full time athlete and then struggle in school instead of going to a school at his level. A C average at an ivy or getting pushed out because of bad grades doesn't get you far. Good grades in hs get you moremoney than lacrosse will. The days of getting great jobs just because you played lacrosse are over So time for parents to get a reality check. Any sport is great for the kids that enjoy the sport but being a great lacrosse player now only gives you a great opportunity to be a lacrosse coach

Not sure if you have been through the process or not but I have and I can tell you it is a lot harder getting into an Ivy league school than staying in. For every kid accepted there are probably 10 more qualified. If you are a 95 GPA, 1300 SAT and 28 ACT kid you probably don't have a great chance of admission but could handle the academics. If that same student is an exceptional lacrosse player with those numbers you could have a better path through admissions if the coach and AD support your application. If you are a 2 time all american lacrosse player with an 89 average and 1100 on the SAT's you are correct. you probably should not be looking Ivy.

Lacrosse is no different than debating, crew or fencing, If that is your advantage to get a leg up on admission than use it. I also don't have a problem pushing your kid anyway you can to get them into the best school they can be it sports or any other extra curricular activity. IMHO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely one of the most misguided posts I' have read here. The lacrosse pipeline to corporate jobs is alive and well and will continue to be for many years. I am speaking from personal experience on this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you just reference soccer as a "real sport"? Soccer? I'll pass. I don't want my kid playing a sport that accepts acting hurt as a strategy. You know, diving and then rolling around on the ground like a you got shot. It's as embarrassing as your post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no. My life is shattered. What will I brag about around the water cooler at work and in the deli in town...my 9th grader didn't make varsity. I've pushed him so hard and missed birthday parties and vacations and other sports for this and the dumb coach with state championships on his resume just doesn't get it. Will change schools and club to fix this. I can control it and get what i want, I know I can. I mean what will the recruiters think--only on Jv as a Freshman???? FML My son is so naive and thinks its ok and will be fun to play with his friends and classmates on jv...the softening of America.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have any idea how many HS All-Americans sit on the bench at football powerhouses? What money is the 5th string guard on the Crimson Tide or Clemson Tigers making at his sport? Lacrosse kids by and large come from affluent families, they see lacrosse for what it is, an opportunity to play a sport in college, have great memories, get a degree and then get a good job. If you think every D-1 college football player is making the pros, you have never played the game. Basketball and baseball are even harder to become pros, and forget hockey. So I don't think anyone on BOTC is expecting their kid to get rich playing lacrosse, well educated and then a job afterward.

Great answer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in anticipation of scrimmages starting next week i would like to either congratulate my son's team on beating _____ or if they lose I would like to point out that scrimmages don't mean a thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the starters for A were only in for first half while B played their starters until the 3q so the halftime score is all that matters....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the father who buried his own son by not picking up a stick & now fights his sons battles. Green is a bad color to wear unless it's St . Patrick's Day. Stop talking until your own son can actually stand on his own two feet. Putting down others when your kid sucks is just a displacement of energy. Go home, pick up a stick & have a catch with your son instead of spending time here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City has a bunch skilled and athletic underclassmen.
Looks like the makings of a youth movement on Varsity this year.

Young kids all played important parts on Championship football team too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the father who buried his own son by not picking up a stick & now fights his sons battles. Green is a bad color to wear unless it's St . Patrick's Day. Stop talking until your own son can actually stand on his own two feet. Putting down others when your kid sucks is just a displacement of energy. Go home, pick up a stick & have a catch with your son instead of spending time here.

Anybody have any idea what this post is in reference to? I would love to put my two cents in but I am really at a loss, is the uniform color green or is it green with envy? If that diatribe wasn't a displacement of energy I have no idea what is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anybody have any idea what this post is in reference to? I would love to put my two cents in but I am really at a loss, is the uniform color green or is it green with envy? If that diatribe wasn't a displacement of energy I have no idea what is.

kind of reminds me of email spam that put a bunch of words together that really goes out went after patrick and mean battle was not.. oops got off track, means nothing. ignore!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you saying that garden city is somehow in a rebuilding year with youth movement?
not very clear. if so look how that worked out a few years ago after back to back state championships, they basically rebuilt and lost in Nassau cty to manhasett in game they should have won if they used the older guys. freshman were way over their heads and g.c gave away the game sticking with a few who were not ready.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's 91 star koid from Brentwood for SA teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brentwood? What year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like lax season is going to be off to slow start. With Blizzard coming, scrimmages and practices will be cancelled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son and daughter were just talking and saying remember those Shamrock Shoot outs. That would have been this week or next week. Those were some of the coldest memories they have.

Oh bad memories... Worst cold days of their lives. Always wished it would be 40+ was always freezing literally 32 and under with snow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brentwood? What year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 "star" is on freshman. How much of a star could he be if his sister is on JV for the same school? Something doesn't add up. Where's super star dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do teams actually make cuts anymore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 "star" is on freshman. How much of a star could he be if his sister is on JV for the same school? Something doesn't add up. Where's super star dad?

Pequa girl stop creating lies and starting trouble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I'm saying they are young talented and deep.
Should be good for a Coulle of years.
7yc3es

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7yc3es

Will any teams get in scrimmages before the season starts? First official game for us is next Tuesday. Gonna be a crazy season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7yc3es

Will any teams get in scrimmages before the season starts? First official game for us is next Tuesday. Gonna be a crazy season.

Heard everybody is scared to scrimmage us and are looking to cancel because of some flurries expected, such BS, they know we were going to kill them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7yc3es

Heard everybody is scared to scrimmage us and are looking to cancel because of some flurries expected, such BS, they know we were going to kill them

Well, you guys are scared of us guys because we're the bestest in the whole county.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son and daughter were just talking and saying remember those Shamrock Shoot outs. That would have been this week or next week. Those were some of the coldest memories they have.

Oh bad memories... Worst cold days of their lives. Always wished it would be 40+ was always freezing literally 32 and under with snow.

Shamrock Shootout is scheduled for this Sunday. Doubt it will happen if there are 18 inches of snow on the ground.

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 264 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard