BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,170
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 86 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Benchwarmer...good players do NOT get "kicked out".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax will always take your money-equal rip off club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax will always take your money-equal rip off club

All clubs will take your money to imply they are not like the rest is just not correct. I have asked many times before for people from all these clubs to add up and post the total of their clubs fees and costs for each season or year on this site also put the total of practices and tournaments this cost gets you. I am guessing Madlax will be near or at the top but I am also very sure the other clubs will be very close in total cost. And this should not be hard at all because if you can commit about how over priced and to much money Madlax is you should be able to say the name of your club and the total cost of this club. So I will sit back and not get these answers and you all will sit back and just spit out over and over how over priced Madlax is without putting any numbers to back up your words.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax earns Championship trophies, VLC gives players trophies and BW--does BW even exist??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax earns Championship trophies, VLC gives players trophies and BW--does BW even exist??

I wouldn't brag about a club that has 1-2 extra B teams per grade just to line his pockets. No doubt a dumb dad who lives to polish his son's trophies every weekend. It will be painful for him years from now when he realizes that getting better and getting the opportunity to play at the next level (and attend a school you might not get into otherwise) is the goal, not a tournament championship that nobody cares about.

Madlax VA and MD. LOL. That's what I call trophy chasing. You're much better off playing for BW or VLC if you can get picked.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't brag about a club that has 1-2 extra B teams per grade just to line his pockets. No doubt a dumb dad who lives to polish his son's trophies every weekend. It will be painful for him years from now when he realizes that getting better and getting the opportunity to play at the next level (and attend a school you might not get into otherwise) is the goal, not a tournament championship that nobody cares about.

Madlax VA and MD. LOL. That's what I call trophy chasing. You're much better off playing for BW or VLC if you can get picked.

If you make a Madlax Capital this is your best option. As for the Madlax VA and MD teams they are below VLC and BW, but they are the 4th best option. That is the real point. if you can not make Captial, VLC or BW the Madlax state teams are the 4th best option.
I also like how them providing 20 to 25 extra kids a place to play lacrosse and play in good to really good tournaments is a bad thing. Yes I wish they would drop the price on the state teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, Madlax B is the 4th best option. But expect Next Level and DC Express to dilute the overall quality of the B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, Madlax B is the 4th best option. But expect Next Level and DC Express to dilute the overall quality of the B team.

These dilute the Maryland quality kids who should be playing on the 4th best team. That is why if you look at the Madlax teams they have really gone down to a Capital team and a MD/VA team. They have the option to make 3 teams but the numbers are not there to put 3 teams at most grade levels. But I think this site is a good place to argue out a top ten of options for kids to play for. I would say there is 200 kids at each grad level in the DMV who want to/can play travel lacrosse. So we should stop arguing about who is 1 or 2 and expand the list to the top 8 or 10 clubs/teams you should be playing for. This would give a better data set for us parents to work from. I asked most parents to name 10 club teams in the DMV and they can not do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf, VLC and Madlax

Next Level, DC Express, Club Blue, Bethesda

Top Caliber, Fierce Nation, VEL, Cavalier, Eagle Knight, 3D, Prospects Lacrosse, BattleLax, Evergreen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you make a Madlax Capital this is your best option.

Wrong. It depends on the year.

2018: Madlax has the best team, but not by a lot over either BW or VLC
2019: Madlax has clearly the best team. Then BW then VLC
2020: Both BW and VLC have better teams than Madlax. Next Level probably the best in the DMV right now for that grade.
2021: None of the teams in the area are that great. Bethesda/DC Express is the best if they stay together.

Madlax has an advantage over BW and VLC since they field younger teams and get kids earlier. But those kids peel off, especially when they hit HS.

You have to do your research. No club anywhere is the best for every single grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the State teams are a big step down from the Capital teams. But that can be a good thing for some kids. I know a 6th grader that wasn't ready for the Capital team last year. Did his time on the State team -- was the big fish in the small pond -- and he just made 7th grade Capital team. As a parent, I would rather my kid play for the state team and work towards making the Capital team then jump ship for a lesser program just so my kid can brag that he made the "A" team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 is maybe the best team in the US....them or Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the State teams are a big step down from the Capital teams. But that can be a good thing for some kids. I know a 6th grader that wasn't ready for the Capital team last year. Did his time on the State team -- was the big fish in the small pond -- and he just made 7th grade Capital team. As a parent, I would rather my kid play for the state team and work towards making the Capital team then jump ship for a lesser program just so my kid can brag that he made the "A" team.

I agree fully with this. The concept that Madlax has with them working to make the Capital team is better for the kids to learn to work hard to improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Caliber, Fierce Nation, VEL, Cavalier, Eagle Knight, 3D, Prospects Lacrosse, BattleLax, Evergreen

I like this list can you please add where you think the Madlax state team falls in this list. I would say it falls somewhere on the second line with Next level and those others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax state team would be the last team ranked. They are a overpriced Rec team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax state team would be the last team ranked. They are a overpriced Rec team

This statement is just not correct. They beat most if not all the teams from the 3rd list and play close or beat teams in the 2nd list. Once again please post the total cost plus practices and tournaments played in for all the clubs on this list. Then you may call Madlax overpriced. Until you do this your clearly just someone who bashes Madlax because of some grudge you hold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree fully with this. The concept that Madlax has with them working to make the Capital team is better for the kids to learn to work hard to improve.

I would rather my son play for any club than a club that threatens its own clients. Why pay 2x the money for a club that treats people like garbage when there are just as good/better clubs like BW and VLC?

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 is maybe the best team in the US....them or Crabs.

No.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like this list can you please add where you think the Madlax state team falls in this list. I would say it falls somewhere on the second line with Next level and those others.

Depending on year, Madlax state teams are between 2nd and 3rd tier, but you kid can play his way onto Capital teams. Capital teams are clearly at top, with VLC being 2nd best option.

Rumors swirling in community on Trig/BW. Buyer beware

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital teams are clearly at top, with VLC being 2nd best option.

Rumors swirling in community on Trig/BW. Buyer beware

Depends on the year. Their 2020 and 20201 teams are below VLC. Next Level/DC Express clearly hurting Madlax right now. For the older teams, only Madlax 2018 and 2019 teams are at the top. The other years have belonged to BW and VLC.

If BW goes under, most of those kids would go to VLC because their parents want nothing to do with Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would rather my son play for any club than a club that threatens its own clients. Why pay 2x the money for a club that treats people like garbage when there are just as good/better clubs like BW and VLC?

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

-----------------------------

Clearly you're butt hurt over this article that's 4 years old. Why? Was it your son or a family friend or do you simply have an agenda?

What's the real truth here? Are you affiliated with another club?

And no...I'm not affiliated with MadLax.

Also, is Blackwolf even fielding younger teams such as 2022, 2023, etc...? I don't believe they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you make a Madlax Capital this is your best option.

Wrong. It depends on the year.

2018: Madlax has the best team, but not by a lot over either BW or VLC
2019: Madlax has clearly the best team. Then BW then VLC
2020: Both BW and VLC have better teams than Madlax. Next Level probably the best in the DMV right now for that grade.
2021: None of the teams in the area are that great. Bethesda/DC Express is the best if they stay together.

Madlax has an advantage over BW and VLC since they field younger teams and get kids earlier. But those kids peel off, especially when they hit HS.

You have to do your research. No club anywhere is the best for every single grade.

2020 is off - Next Level, Madlax, VLC or BW - based on head to head over the past year and a half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
watched Madlax 2023 play in a tournament in Germantown Md they have two players a foot taller then anyone else. When are tournaments going to STOP THE MADNESS and go back to birthdays. Hold backs are ruining the sport. Basketball went back to birthdays. And don't say in HS they have to play against these kids. Youth sports is not HS. Grade based teams are just cheating. And madlax lost both games but those two kids were Good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
watched Madlax 2023 play in a tournament in Germantown Md they have two players a foot taller then anyone else. When are tournaments going to STOP THE MADNESS and go back to birthdays. Hold backs are ruining the sport. Basketball went back to birthdays. And don't say in HS they have to play against these kids. Youth sports is not HS. Grade based teams are just cheating. And madlax lost both games but those two kids were Good.

You have no idea how old these two kids are? Is this correct? And they lost two games who did they lose to. And was this the Capital team or the MD/VA team? You may talk about things you do not like but you must provide more info or your points are just lies until you can confirm them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost to Next level and Club Blue, Capital team. And I know what I'm talking about! I Don't lie Don't need too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 2023 Madlax Crapital team isn't a top 5 team in the DMV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Capital also got spanked by Bethesda. Confirming that 2023 Capital lost to both Next Level and Club Blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost to Next level and Club Blue, Capital team. And I know what I'm talking about! I Don't lie Don't need too.

Ok so you are mad about the two kids you think Madlax had who because they are tall are holdback? But they played Next Level and Club Blue. I know that Club Blue seems to be a GT Prep feeder team. This is a private school most private schools have kids start school at 6 not 5 is this correct? Also Next Level this team tends to have a good number of Landon kids this also is a Private school who has the boys start school at 6 is this correct. So my point being I am glad you won but I would bet both these teams had 4 or more kids by age would not be able to play on these teams if the age rules where in affect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI - a lot of kids, not all, at the age group associated with 2023 are going through puberty and its not unusual that you will have big disparities in size/height. And kids that are the outliers height wise usually are still having trouble adjusting to their frame. Most everyone (not all) will catch up sooner or later so loosen your strap and get the wad out of your back end and relax...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Capital also got spanked by Bethesda. Confirming that 2023 Capital lost to both Next Level and Club Blue.

C'mon man. I hope you are 12, and not an adult. You are posting about preseason scrimmages that Madlax uses as tryouts for kids that might not even make team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more holdbacks than anyone and they are finally getting crap for it.

Except for their excellent 2018 and 2019 teams, Madlax has fielded weaker teams than either BW or VLC. Now Next Level and DC Express have taken away the non-Catholic Montgomery County kids Madlax used to get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more holdbacks than anyone and they are finally getting crap for it.

Except for their excellent 2018 and 2019 teams, Madlax has fielded weaker teams than either BW or VLC. Now Next Level and DC Express have taken away the non-Catholic Montgomery County kids Madlax used to get.

I will give you VLC has gotten better at the 2021 and younger ages. But when you guys put BW on the list you are just wrong. BW has only ever been good at the 9th to 11th grade age range. And those teams really are only for kids who are already in the pipe line for college lacrosse and play for top high school programs. Most of the big names of kids who are in college now who claim BW as there old Club team played for a total of 18 months for them and played in maybe 5 tournaments for them. That is why they only hand pick kids they fine kids who are already created and put them together for one summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW is HISTORY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is getting squeezed. Few Catholic families will send their kids to Madlax (most opt for BW or FCA). The kids they'd automatically get from Maryland are now going to NL or DC Express. The kids west and south of Fairfax are solidly for BW and VLC. Their base of kids continues to shrink.

BW has always been about HS. They never had a real youth program, but they always seem to get rising 9th graders who want to play for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI - a lot of kids, not all, at the age group associated with 2023 are going through puberty and its not unusual that you will have big disparities in size/height. And kids that are the outliers height wise usually are still having trouble adjusting to their frame. Most everyone (not all) will catch up sooner or later so loosen your strap and get the wad out of your back end and relax...

If your TRUE 2023 kid is going through puberty already, he is the exception.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the Bethesda/Madlax 2024 game today at Landon?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level Teams are terrible - except 2020 - bottom of the AA group, but AA for sure and 2023 is a legit AA team / the rest are C level teams.

Kids not going to madlax from bethesda area - BLC so strong. DCE 2021 is first BLC fed DCE team - and legit AA - top 2 or 3 in HOCO. This will continue / no bethesda area kids will be playing for madlax or black wolf any longer. Crabs either. Landscape has shifted - can't just look backwards to tell future and even this new reality will change once something else shifts - only thing certain is change

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax

Like Reply Quote
A