BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 75 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
how about Villanova??? hot school, close to all lacrosse hot beds, No.1 undergrad business school, Nat Champs in hoops and No.2 this year?? how can they allow this much losing??

I had heard villanova does use all their schollys

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA made the switch with men's team and early reviews are good. So AD not afraid to remove long time coaches.

I would put BC coach on that hot seat list , reading the bio of UVA coach I would think she has a lot of credit built up so will probably be safe ,could be off but I believe she has coached there for 20 years and they have made the NCAA tournament every one of those years and have been ranked as high as 4 during each of the last 2 seasons. That said could always be a case of what have you done for me lately.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cheap? what you think she holds back some of the 12 rides and pockets it something?? wth. the talent is the problem and yes she is responsible for recruiting it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA made the switch with men's team and early reviews are good. So AD not afraid to remove long time coaches.

I would put BC coach on that hot seat list , reading the bio of UVA coach I would think she has a lot of credit built up so will probably be safe ,could be off but I believe she has coached there for 20 years and they have made the NCAA tournament every one of those years and have been ranked as high as 4 during each of the last 2 seasons. That said could always be a case of what have you done for me lately.

They didn't care with Men's coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add Ohio state Boston U and Georgetown to the hot seats

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cheap? what you think she holds back some of the 12 rides and pockets it something?? wth. the talent is the problem and yes she is responsible for recruiting it.

more schools than you would think don't use the ncaa approved amount of scholarships. Villanova is trying to compete with just 25% of their scholarships hoping that kids just want to play and get a degree from a very good school. Problem is the $65 thousand dollar price tag

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Horrible to watch (the injury wasn't graphic, but she was in extreme pain) and the knowledge that this great athlete and special young person probably played in her last game. Heartbreaking. Best wishes on s speedy recovery.

Let's hope she can be redshirted and is in a 5 year academic program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is that Michigan coach able to survive? I understand she started the program but it has now been several years and team started 0-5 this year.

None of the coaches any where are any hot seats - NOBODY cares about womens lax, if not for title nine it wouldn't even exist. Mens football and hoops are the only jobs that come with expectations - they pay ALL the bills for the athletic dept

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like the Duke, Penn and UVA, BU, GTown and Uconn all could be on hot seat. These coaches all want to worry about "making the game better" with rules for recruiting and sticks. I would think they should start worrying about winning.

All the above schools are very strong academic schools. Knowing Women's lax is four years and done they should be able to recruit very strong players. Personally I think they get good players and just don't development them-maybe academic work load is so heavy. But that is not stopping Princeton, PSU, USC or Harvard from success.

VT lost last year to Duke by 9 at home, now they win big away. It was a 20 goal turnaround. That was coaching, not roster changes.

First lets not compare PSU to Princeton ,USC, Harvard in an academic sense. While those coaches may be on the hot seat I doubt it as 1 down year should have little impact on most of those coaches who have a history of success both recently and over many years.

For that matter, lets not compare Harvard and Princeton to USC, not anywhere near the same league, sorry Ivy wannabe.
Ok I'm voting this the dumbest post by the mos uninformed moron lax parent. First, I'm sure the colective trust at USC would sell there mothers down the river to be called an "ivy" and garner all the prestige that come with it. Second, USC.... though very good academically, will still allow a certain amount of, lets say, underachievers into there ranks for the sake of an NCAA championship, something an Ivy will not do. And most importantly, and obviously lost on this dolt, Princeton is one of the five teams to win a NCAA championship, something USC hs not done yet, so I ask ...... who's the real "wannabe"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is that Michigan coach able to survive? I understand she started the program but it has now been several years and team started 0-5 this year.

None of the coaches any where are any hot seats - NOBODY cares about womens lax, if not for title nine it wouldn't even exist. Mens football and hoops are the only jobs that come with expectations - they pay ALL the bills for the athletic dept

Very true. nobody cares except parents of players and even then the scope is narrow. Just look at the playoffs, nobody goes

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well....another ignorant statement here on BOTC. So lets go to the facts. From the NCAA.... in 2013 in only 20 FBS football schools did the football team generate more money than it spent. In 2014 there were 24 FBS football schools that generated more money than they spent. Most football schools in FBS, FCS, and div 2 and 3 the football program LOST money. The basketball #'s are similar. Wont bore everyone with all the percentages. Sooooo before you talk nonsense at least be somewhat educated with the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell that to Starsia......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Horrible to watch (the injury wasn't graphic, but she was in extreme pain) and the knowledge that this great athlete and special young person probably played in her last game. Heartbreaking. Best wishes on s speedy recovery.

Whom are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well....another ignorant statement here on BOTC. So lets go to the facts. From the NCAA.... in 2013 in only 20 FBS football schools did the football team generate more money than it spent. In 2014 there were 24 FBS football schools that generated more money than they spent. Most football schools in FBS, FCS, and div 2 and 3 the football program LOST money. The basketball #'s are similar. Wont bore everyone with all the percentages. Sooooo before you talk nonsense at least be somewhat educated with the facts.

So Notre Dame football and basketball doesn't make money? Duke basketball doesn't make money? Ohio state football doesn't make money? USC football doesn't make money? Michigan football and basketball doesn't make money? These are some of the coaches who have been described as being on the "hot seat" due to poor results, so again NOBODY cares and if not for title 9 there wouldn't be women's lax, all the aforementioned programs generate big dollars and subsidize the rest of the athletic programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
regardless of sport the big schools do not like to lose in anything and neither do the alumni

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Notre Dame football and basketball doesn't make money? Duke basketball doesn't make money? Ohio state football doesn't make money? USC football doesn't make money? Michigan football and basketball doesn't make money? These are some of the coaches who have been described as being on the "hot seat" due to poor results, so again NOBODY cares and if not for title 9 there wouldn't be women's lax, all the aforementioned programs generate big dollars and subsidize the rest of the athletic programs

We get it you hate women and wish they did not play sports now go crawl back under that rock .If you think that there are no expectations with womens collegiate sports it just shows how ignorant you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Penn coach very good at drawing from known high school powerhouses ... 16 out of 26 on the roster are from NY and NJ hot beds... her team will always be in the mix. May not win the NCAA, but they do compete for the Ivy title which is all that really matters to the IVy league admins, alums and parents. Which IVy is the best this year? Brown really coming on strong. Cornell with an upset victory over Penn... things are getting interesting in the IVy league.

Traditionally, Penn and Princeton have been the best Ivy League teams. Princeton with three National Championships and Penn with some really great teams especially 07, 08 and 09.

Penn & Princeton are in the Top 20 just about every year. As a matter of fact, 11 of the past 12 years Penn and Princeton have each finished ranked in the Top 20.

During the past 12 years Penn has ended the year in the Top 10 a total of 6 times while Princeton has finished 5 of the past 12 years ranked in the Top 10.

In each of the past 5 years Penn and Princeton have both finished ranked in the Top 20 which puts them in a pretty exclusive group of programs.

Both have finished in the Top 10 exactly 1 time during the past 5 years.

Cornell is coming off a Top 20 finish in 2016 and is off to a great start this year. 6 of the past 12 years Cornell has finished in the Top 20. Only 1 time in the past 5 years has Cornell finished in the Top 20.

Dartmouth would be next finishing 5 times in the Top 20 over the past 12 years. 2 times in the past 5 years Dartmouth has been ranked in the Top 20 and 1 time they finished ranked #10. Dartmouth has not been ranked the past 3 years.

Yale had 3 Top 20 finishes in the past 12 years. Yale has not been ranked the past 5 years.

Harvard has had 1 Top 20 Finish during the past 12 years. They have not been ranked the past 5 years.

Brown and Columbia have not been ranked.

Cornell may be the favorite this year and I would guess that Princeton and Penn will be in the mix. Who will round out the final 4?

At the end of the day who really cares? It all goes by so quickly.

If you have a daughter with very good grades (and test scores) I would strongly consider exploring the Ivy's. All of the programs are competitive and the league rivalries are great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So lets see....You named 5 schools. Ha, I see you really did your research. Now tell me how many schools participate in FCS, FBS Div 2 and 3 football. And by your account mens volleyball, swimming, hockey, lacrosse, baseball, gymnastics, cross country, golf, fencing, rowing etc are sports nobody nobody cares about and should be eliminated. You my friend are a Jacka$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was wondering that too (Quote button helps), but assume it was Courtney Murphy from SB since there was a previous comment about her leaving the game injured in the first half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was wondering that too (Quote button helps), but assume it was Courtney Murphy from SB since there was a previous comment about her leaving the game injured in the first half.

I looked back but didn't see the name mentioned. Thanks. I also saw that Lasota did not play in the two games on LI. I understand that she has a broken foot. Big loss for NW Lax...

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division I, March 6

Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 4-0 400 20 1
2 North Carolina 5-1 380 2
3 Florida 3-1 353 3
4 Southern California 3-1 324 4
5 Syracuse 7-0 321 5
6 Penn State 6-0 299 6
7 Stony Brook 4-0 278 8
8 Notre Dame 7-1 268 7
9 Princeton 4-0 235 11
10 Colorado 6-0 207 13
11 Cornell 2-1 204 15
12 Penn 3-1 178 10
13 Duke 4-2 146 9
14 Northwestern 2-4 111 12
15 Towson 3-3 99 16
16 Denver 5-1 95 14
17 Stanford 4-2 74 17
18 James Madison 5-1 65 19
19 Johns Hopkins 5-1 60 18
20 Virginia Tech 7-2. 44. NR

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division II, March 6

1 Adelphi 2-0 398 18 1
2 Lindenwood 3-0 372 1 2
3 Le Moyne 1-0 366 1 3
4 LIU Post 1-1 330 4
5 Florida Southern. 4-2 320 5
6 West Chester 0-0 278 6
7 Limestone 5-0 266 8
8 Queens 3-1 263 7
9 Rollins 4-2 237 9
10 Mercyhurst 1-0 216 10
11 New Haven 1-0 214 11
12 Grand Valley State 0-2 168 12
13 Bentley 0-0 166 13
14 Indiana (PA) 0-0 117 14
15 Lock Haven 0-0 99 16
16 NYIT 3-0 94 15
17 Florida Tech 5-1 78 19
18 Regis (CO) 2-0 73 17
19 Stonehill 0-1 57 18
20 Pace 0-1 28 20

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

IWLCA Poll for Division III, March 6

1 Middlebury 1-0 400 20 1
2 Cortland 1-0 379 2
3 Trinity (CT) 1-0 376 3
4 Gettysburg 3-0 340 4
5 College of NJ 2-0 303 5
6 Catholic (DC) 2-0 298 6
7 Washington & Lee 4-0 273 12
8 Franklin & Marshall 1-1 244 9
9 [lacrosse] 2-1 213 11
10 Brockport 2-0 206 10
11 Salisbury 2-2 201 7
12 Messiah 2-1 162 15
13 Hamilton 1-0 152 16
14 St. John Fisher 0-0 131 14
15 Amherst 0-1 116 8
16 Bowdoin 1-0 98 NR
17 Mary Washington 3-2 76 17
18 Ithaca 2-0 54 20
19 St. Mary's (MD) 3-2 50 19
20 Colby 0-1 40 18

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Your comment is partially correct. That 2013 profitability was for the universities as a stand alone product. It DID NOT include TV money. Men's college football and basketball is big money. They would not be paying the salaries to those coaches if it did not make money.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
so true! Georgetown year after year gets some incredibly talented kids and can not do anything with them

Who really cares a GT degree gets you a job anywhere and GT Law gets you 50% more than other lawyers. Nobody cares about lacrosse! Five teams have won over the last 25 years. Not going to change this year either.

Yeah ok, nobody cares about lacrosse...these girls been playing their whole lives, spending five hours a day and not being able to take the majors of their choice to play. Your a copout.

The post below was posted on another thread but much of it is appropriate here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Education, Education, Education, Education, Education, Education! !!!

The "Slot" is extremely valuable.

Many of the best universities in the country also happen to field some of the best lacrosse programs in the the nation.

The 11 schools listed below are the only schools that have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past five years. The number listed is the universities 2017 academic rank. Eight of the Top 20 Universities in the country also have Top 20 Lacrosse Programs.

1 - Princeton
8 - Penn
8 - Duke
12 - Northwestern
15 - Notre Dame
24 - University of Virginia
30 - University of North Carolina
50 - Penn State University
50 - University of Florida
60 - University of Maryland
60 - Syracuse University

In addition to the 11 schools above:

10 - Johns Hopkins University
31 - Boston College
- Have both finished the season ranked in the Top 20 four of the past five years.

5 - Stanford
20 - Georgetown
- Each were ranked in the Top 20 in three of the past five years.

23 - Southern California
- Will more than likely be a perennial Top 20 program.

It is about the education and the admissions slot, not simply the amount of the athletic scholarship.

That being said, with the exception of the IVY's the top recruits at these schools can receive significant athletic money. If you are not one of the top recruits you can still receive a decent athletic scholarship. Some of the Universities listed especially the IVY's have very strong need based aid packages.

Due to generous need based aid packages some girls may opt not to accept an athletic scholarship because they will receive more money in the form of need based aid.

Very good students can receive academic scholarships as well, especially if they choose to attend a slightly less competitive university.

The State Schools can make it very affordable for their in-state recruits.

The top recruits in the country do in fact receive significant athletic money. How do you know if you are a top recruit? Easy, take a look at the schools that are making offers, when they are making the offer and what the offer is. If a number of the schools listed are recruiting and offering when the student is in the 9th grade you are a top recruit.

Athletes who are not considered to be the top recruits in the country can still receive significant athletic money if they are the top recruit at the school they choose to commit to. For example, A player may be offered 70 - 75% by a particular school but that same player may not have had a single offer from UNC, MD, PSU, Syracuse, Penn, Princeton, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Duke, Virginia or Florida.

There is a lot more money out there than many people realize. However, for many players and their families it is about the education.

Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, Brown, Cornell, Vanderbilt, Cal - Berkley, University of Michigan, Army, Navy, William and Mary, Boston University, Lehigh, Villanova, Etc... All have programs and all have the ability to help with admissions.

Good luck to all, there is a fit for everyone. Enjoy the ride.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use lacrosse to get into the best university possible and hopefully get some financial help.

so true! Georgetown year after year gets some incredibly talented kids and can not do anything with them

Who really cares a GT degree gets you a job anywhere and GT Law gets you 50% more than other lawyers. Nobody cares about lacrosse! Five teams have won over the last 25 years. Not going to change this year either.

Yeah ok, nobody cares about lacrosse...these girls been playing their whole lives, spending five hours a day and not being able to take the majors of their choice to play. Your a copout.

The post below was posted on another thread but much of it is appropriate here.

Education, Education, Education, Education, Education, Education! !!!

The "Slot" is extremely valuable.

Many of the best universities in the country also happen to field some of the best lacrosse programs in the the nation.

The 11 schools listed below are the only schools that have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past five years. The number listed is the universities 2017 academic rank. Eight of the Top 20 Universities in the country also have Top 20 Lacrosse Programs.

1 - Princeton
8 - Penn
8 - Duke
12 - Northwestern
15 - Notre Dame
24 - University of Virginia
30 - University of North Carolina
50 - Penn State University
50 - University of Florida
60 - University of Maryland
60 - Syracuse University

In addition to the 11 schools above:

10 - Johns Hopkins University
31 - Boston College
- Have both finished the season ranked in the Top 20 four of the past five years.

5 - Stanford
20 - Georgetown
- Each were ranked in the Top 20 in three of the past five years.

23 - Southern California
- Will more than likely be a perennial Top 20 program.

It is about the education and the admissions slot, not simply the amount of the athletic scholarship.

That being said, with the exception of the IVY's the top recruits at these schools can receive significant athletic money. If you are not one of the top recruits you can still receive a decent athletic scholarship. Some of the Universities listed especially the IVY's have very strong need based aid packages.

Due to generous need based aid packages some girls may opt not to accept an athletic scholarship because they will receive more money in the form of need based aid.

Very good students can receive academic scholarships as well, especially if they choose to attend a slightly less competitive university.

The State Schools can make it very affordable for their in-state recruits.

The top recruits in the country do in fact receive significant athletic money. How do you know if you are a top recruit? Easy, take a look at the schools that are making offers, when they are making the offer and what the offer is. If a number of the schools listed are recruiting and offering when the student is in the 9th grade you are a top recruit.

Athletes who are not considered to be the top recruits in the country can still receive significant athletic money if they are the top recruit at the school they choose to commit to. For example, A player may be offered 70 - 75% by a particular school but that same player may not have had a single offer from UNC, MD, PSU, Syracuse, Penn, Princeton, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Duke, Virginia or Florida.

There is a lot more money out there than many people realize. However, for many players and their families it is about the education.

Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, Brown, Cornell, Vanderbilt, Cal - Berkley, University of Michigan, Army, Navy, William and Mary, Boston University, Lehigh, Villanova, Etc... All have programs and all have the ability to help with admissions.

Good luck to all, there is a fit for everyone. Enjoy the ride.

Use lacrosse to get into the best university possible and hopefully get some financial help.

Well said. But don't forget D3 has amazing academic schools as well that is a great fit for many students. Middlebury, Hamilton, Amherst, Williams, Tufts, Bates, Bowdoin, Colby, Franklin & Marshall, Washington & Lee, Haverford, Gettysburg--all great schools with great lacrosse (especially the NESCAC).

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear
For those who braved the cold tonight to watch Syracuse-Northwestern--you were treated to a good game. Really a game of two halves with Syracuse winning the first 4-0 and NW winning the second 3-1. Nice crowd too.
cuse goalie kept them in that game. As a freshman, she will have a great career

She had several really bad judgement calls and was very lucky two goals were not scored that should have been. She cradled out through defenders way too far, then plowed over a opposing player for a charge. Many oppurtunities to outlet the ball on way and should never have been that far down the field. Then several other out of the net plays and fouls had her behind shooter on free position shots that somehow the defense saved her butt. She actually single handedly almost let NU right back in that game, they were lucky SU didn't score on her mistakes. She has a lot to learn, if she plays smart, she will be good. Nice win for SU, thought they would have won by a larger margin.

Obviously you're clueless very hard to play a game when you can't feel the shift . Once again A NARP trying to have a conversation about sports ... very hard for skilled kids to play in that kind of weather ...BTW, goalie is exciting you live with the mistakes because she makes incredible plays 9pdkkzto back them up when she takes a chance

If the first poster is a NARP or not, that was a fairly accurate description of what happened, only an appologest could challange those facts, and just so you know before you call me a NARP I was a goalie and so is my daughter. As far as playing in the cold, yes it sucks, and you lose something when you're that cold, but blame the coaches and the NCAA for playing games so early, something needs to be done about that. though the cold does affect both teams equally. With that being said, and as I type this , I am watching NU losing to SB, 6-1 at the half and have to ask what are the NU excuses this year

For those who braved the cold tonight to watch Syracuse-Northwestern--you were treated to a good game. Really a game of two halves with Syracuse winning the first 4-0 and NW winning the second 3-1. Nice crowd too.

She had several really bad judgement calls and was very lucky two goals were not scored that should have been. She cradled out through defenders way too far, then plowed over a opposing player for a charge. Many oppurtunities to outlet the ball on way and should never have been that far down the field. Then several other out of the net plays and fouls had her behind shooter on free position shots that somehow the defense saved her butt. She actually single handedly almost let NU right back in that game, they were lucky SU didn't score on her mistakes. She has a lot to learn, if she plays smart, she will be good. Nice win for SU, thought they would have won by a larger margin.

Obviously you're clueless very hard to play a game when you can't feel the shift . Once again A NARP trying to have a conversation about sports ... very hard for skilled kids to play in that kind of weather ...BTW, goalie is exciting you live with the mistakes because she makes incredible plays 9pdkkzto back them up when she takes a chance

If the first poster is a NARP or not, that was a fairly accurate description of what happened, only an appologest could challange those facts, and just so you know before you call me a NARP I was a goalie and so is my daughter. As far as playing in the cold, yes it sucks, and you lose something when you're that cold, but blame the coaches and the NCAA for playing games so early, something needs to be done about that. though the cold does affect both teams equally. With that being said, and as I type this , I am watching NU losing to SB, 6-1 at the half and have to ask what are the NU excuses this year

I don't know what a NARP is. Let me know and I'll tell you if I am!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
how about Villanova??? hot school, close to all lacrosse hot beds, No.1 undergrad business school, Nat Champs in hoops and No.2 this year?? how can they allow this much losing??

I'm a Villanova graduate, active alumni and somewhat involved in the university as a consultant.

It is a great school. If your student has the ability to go there I would make it a top choice. Having said that they do not support much sports beyond track & field and swimming for women. It's obviously a basketball school (though track & field is huge) on the men's side. How about women's' basketball? Not even competitive.

So where does women's lacrosse fall? Pretty far down the list. Facilities are terrible. Practice time is tertiary to many sports. It's just not a lacrosse school (men have had some success) for women.

They just raised money ($22 million from one man alone to put his name on the building) to renovate the on campus field house. Who benefits the most? Basketball and track & field.

But your daughter will get a great education.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a Villanova graduate, active alumni and somewhat involved in the university as a consultant.

It is a great school. If your student has the ability to go there I would make it a top choice. Having said that they do not support much sports beyond track & field and swimming for women. It's obviously a basketball school (though track & field is huge) on the men's side. How about women's' basketball? Not even competitive.

So where does women's lacrosse fall? Pretty far down the list. Facilities are terrible. Practice time is tertiary to many sports. It's just not a lacrosse school (men have had some success) for women.

They just raised money ($22 million from one man alone to put his name on the building) to renovate the on campus field house. Who benefits the most? Basketball and track & field.

But your daughter will get a great education.

The WLax Program is still not fully funded. Roster is large and coach splits scholarship $$$ relatively equally. (Goalie or Top Recruit may get a little more). Figure $5k-$7k. The University does not pool (stack) scholarships. If you are getting $5-$7k from lax, you get $0 Academic $$$. Lax will steer you away from nursing major.

Villanova costs somewhere in the $60k/year range.

A great education at a hefty price tag. Be forewarned...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF your daughter is fortunate enough to get a nursing degree from Villanova she pretty mush writes he own ticket at where she would like to start her career. Isn't the career what its all about? But Villanova is just another school steering young women away from challenging majors for the sake of sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS is similar...awesome school but no real $$ for any lax player going there...ends up costing bucks to attend either way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know what a NARP is. Let me know and I'll tell you if I am!
N on, A thletic, R egular, P erson

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Maryland 4-0 400 20 1
3 Florida 3-1 353 3
5 Syracuse 7-0 321 5
6 Penn State 6-0 299 6
7 Stony Brook 4-0 278 8
8 Notre Dame 7-1 268 7
9 Princeton 4-0 235 11
10 Colorado 6-0 207 13
11 Cornell 2-1 204 15
12 Penn 3-1 178 10
13 Duke 4-2 146 9
15 Towson 3-3 99 16
16 Denver 5-1 95 14
17 Stanford 4-2 74 17
How is NU still in top 20?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Maryland 4-0 400 20 1
3 Florida 3-1 353 3
5 Syracuse 7-0 321 5
6 Penn State 6-0 299 6
7 Stony Brook 4-0 278 8
8 Notre Dame 7-1 268 7
9 Princeton 4-0 235 11
10 Colorado 6-0 207 13
11 Cornell 2-1 204 15
12 Penn 3-1 178 10
13 Duke 4-2 146 9
15 Towson 3-3 99 16
16 Denver 5-1 95 14
17 Stanford 4-2 74 17

Towson and Northwestern? Va Tech dominates Duke and is seven spots below them? Way too much historic performance in these polls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
regardless of sport the big schools do not like to lose in anything and neither do the alumni

alumni writing BIG checks might have some influence, but a school looking to fire somebody for poor performance is very rare if not unheard of

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah great question, what a sham. how is Va Tech only number 20?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Maryland 4-0 400 20 1
3 Florida 3-1 353 3
5 Syracuse 7-0 321 5
6 Penn State 6-0 299 6
7 Stony Brook 4-0 278 8
8 Notre Dame 7-1 268 7
9 Princeton 4-0 235 11
10 Colorado 6-0 207 13
11 Cornell 2-1 204 15
12 Penn 3-1 178 10
13 Duke 4-2 146 9
15 Towson 3-3 99 16
16 Denver 5-1 95 14
17 Stanford 4-2 74 17

they can probably still beat the teams behind - TBD...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We get it you hate women and wish they did not play sports now go crawl back under that rock .If you think that there are no expectations with womens collegiate sports it just shows how ignorant you are.

I think that your'e the one who's ignorant and dillusional. Place some of your misguided importance on womens lax into your kids academics and you will have a far happier more productive daughter going forward. Coming on here and screaming about firing a college coach for subpar performance makes you look silly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have laughed at that comment a few years back, but I think you are right.

If you watch a college game some crazy things jump out at you- there are literally like 20 fans in the seats watching. If the game is as great as we all think, why hasn't it been discovered by the viewing public???

The roster??? what in the world do these teams need with 44 girls???? the NFL, the most violent, injury laden game on the planet where players play one way- offense or defense, has 53 guys.. what is the rationale behind 44 girls when 12 are on the field? its bizarre...

I love the sport, and having my kids play all these years has been amazing, but its destined to be a niche, club type feel and nothing beyond that..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Maryland 4-0 400 20 1
3 Florida 3-1 353 3
5 Syracuse 7-0 321 5
6 Penn State 6-0 299 6
7 Stony Brook 4-0 278 8
8 Notre Dame 7-1 268 7
9 Princeton 4-0 235 11
10 Colorado 6-0 207 13
11 Cornell 2-1 204 15
12 Penn 3-1 178 10
13 Duke 4-2 146 9
15 Towson 3-3 99 16
16 Denver 5-1 95 14
17 Stanford 4-2 74 17

My guess is that you never played a competitive sport in your life.

Northwestern just played 5 games in 28 days all on the road against 5 current Top 10 teams the last game was played on one day of rest.

Stony Brook was playing on 12 days of rest and they have not played a single top 10 team. Maybe that is why they are not prepared come Tournament time.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
I'm happy to know I'm not a NARP...not that there's anything wrong with that...

Page 42 of 75 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard