Re: For the Love of the Game Lacrosse
Laxanity #20748 10/13/12 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son was on fl$, why would you try out for three teams. Where is your commitment to fl$? You don't know what you are talking about. This must be your first child playing lacrosse.. Go fl$!!!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #20752 10/13/12 11:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your son was on fl$, why would you try out for three teams. Where is your commitment to fl$? You don't know what you are talking about. This must be your first child playing lacrosse.. Go fl$!!!

Some of us like to try out for all the top teams:

1). To put the bed silly statements like your son would never make Express or 91.

2). As a back up because you never know what the "plan" is for the team or what the other parents plan is fo rthe boys on a team.

3). Some of us like to see if are good enough for those teams and like to put our sons in the best envirnment for our sons.

Loyalty is a two way street which in many cases has not been proven by prior history.
Rob

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #20758 10/13/12 02:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Super Dad,

Come down off your high horse...Write back when your son makes a Top DI school. Sounds like you are making your son out to be more than he is. A top player doesn't have to prove themselves they make a college team no matter who they play for. Get with the program...pal..

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #20786 10/13/12 11:48 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L
Nope.. not my first. At the end of the day my kid plays for the team that he gets the most out of and I'm sure you do the same for your child.

Like Reply Quote
Laxanity #22257 11/23/12 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ tourney criticized for being held during school week. I agree. What's next? Christmas Day and Easter?

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012...ions-coaches-recruit-younger-and-younger

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #22261 11/23/12 09:26 AM
C
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C
Quoting the article : "This year, for instance, two youth training companies, fl$ Lacrosse of Massapequa, N.Y., and 3d Lacrosse of Denver, announced a Nov. 8-9 showcase for top players in Bel Air. Those dates fell on a Thursday and Friday in the middle of the school year and thus seemed to encourage players to miss class for a recruiting event."

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #22284 11/24/12 12:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
fl$ tourney criticized for being held during school week. I agree. What's next? Christmas Day and Easter?

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012...ions-coaches-recruit-younger-and-younger

Not only that but only 10 days after Sandy when most kids had already missed 8 days of school. What's another 2? Shameless money grab.

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #22287 11/24/12 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying it is right- but hundreds of young and older kids miss school for hockey tournaments all over the country- a few times a year- not even recruiting events- just part of the travel hockey scene. I often wonder where the line will finally be drawn.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #22303 11/24/12 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent there is no way I would patronize that! Crazy missing school for that. But many will do it and people will always find a way to make money!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #22364 11/27/12 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We received an offer from another out of state event that same weekend that if we wanted to cancel because of any hardship related to the Hurricane that we could get a full refund. Was any such offer issued by fl$? If not, should have been - its the only decent thing to do.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #22401 11/28/12 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe it is pre determined. My son tried out last year and did not make the team. However, there were six kids that got "cut" from the previous season's team. That takes a lot of guts for a program that charges what they do.
As far as what they charge, they earn every penny. The last I saw, the 2013 team had a majority of the kids committed to play at the college level.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #22422 11/28/12 09:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cutting kids from existing teams does take guts. But that is the trend of the future because more and more kids are playing and competition is getting harder as you move up each age group. How many teams in each age group this year?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #22975 12/11/12 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse programs are built on the coaching staff. Kids did not get cut, the coach did. Coach #2 brought in "his Players"- that makes it pre-determined. Which was either a very poor choice or "Gutzy".
The question as to why fl$ is money driven is obvious. Because we'll pay it for our kids.I know the business world on this small Island fairly well and feel more uneasy for my kid than he does. fl$ Coaches wont be liking this. A business model is prodding into their labor of love. I'm out next year "no regrets".

That was a poor choice in my humble view.

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #23539 01/02/13 01:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very poor showing for fl$ at the Winter Nationals for '17, '18, and '19 teams. What's going on? Can't attract the talent anymore? Too much money? Too little time on the field?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #23548 01/02/13 03:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing is for sure if they have a poor year you will see a bunch of fl$ helmets at Express and 91 tryouts come the fall. Nobody wants to pay the cost of the program and get tuned up every weekend. You dont want to play in the B division this summer.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 25 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard