BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,633
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 58 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is the Resolute kid and his summer/fall coach is Nick Myers. This one is simple and does make sense.

Myers is the deucheist coach out there. He's a nasty [lacrosse]. Seems nice on the visit then it changes real quick when you get there. Oh, and the team sucks! Who would want to send their kid to Crappy Ohio where you can't even see them play games without flying when there are soooo many better choices!

Jealously is not a good trait!

Definitely not Jealous of Ohio State, I advised my son not to return the requested call. Mind boggling that any decent LI kid should want to go there, maybe if it the kid was a senior and had no other interest, that's about it. Not a good program.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the Resolute kid and his summer/fall coach is Nick Myers. This one is simple and does make sense.

Myers is the deucheist coach out there. He's a nasty [lacrosse]. Seems nice on the visit then it changes real quick when you get there. Oh, and the team sucks! Who would want to send their kid to Crappy Ohio where you can't even see them play games without flying when there are soooo many better choices!

Definitely not Jealous of Ohio State, I advised my son not to return the requested call. Mind boggling that any decent LI kid should want to go there, maybe if it the kid was a senior and had no other interest, that's about it. Not a good program.

You are so full of sh*t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so full of sh*t

So if you had a choice between OSU, Villanova, Penn state, Loyola, Georgetown, Syracuse, Maryland, NC, would you chose OSU??? Exactly!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so full of sh*t

So if you had a choice between OSU, Villanova, Penn state, Loyola, Georgetown, Syracuse, Maryland, NC, would you chose OSU??? Exactly!!

My son is committed to one of those schools, not OSU, but OSU was one of the options (several and others offered). The difference was offer. And I didn't call you out above. I would choose any of these schools. They are all great. What idiot wouldn't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so full of sh*t

Excepting Georgetown, none of the above schools are "very strong" academically (they're all still good, relatively well-regarded schools). OSU with money would be a better choice than any of the others at full price.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone on here writes about FIT. Maybe OSU is the perfect fit for this young man. Just because they rejected your son is no reason to blast the school. Curious as to where you matriculated from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ohio State is too far, and a lower program. Coach [lacrosse] Myers is a redneck who recruits Canadians who are rejected from Syracuse and Denver. Good luck in the Gutter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone hire Acme Detective agency and lets get to the bottom of this mystery!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several of those schools rank higher than OSU like PSU, Nova,MD,Gtown, and NC (check US News) . A friend of my sons is there and hates the coach and says he'll probably transfer. The Parents didn't realize it would be so difficult to see their son play as well. I could see if it was a school like Duke or ND that has a good lax program , OSU just isn't a good choice provided you have other options. My son is at one of the other schools mentioned and we get to see him play every week, and they also have a chance to get to the top.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ohio State is too far, and a lower program. Coach [lacrosse] Myers is a redneck who recruits Canadians who are rejected from Syracuse and Denver. Good luck in the Gutter

Spot On!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please OSU is a great school. Didn't Myers lead the u-19 USA team to a historic come from behind win last July. I would be honoured if my son was asked to play there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please OSU is a great school. Didn't Myers lead the u-19 USA team to a historic come from behind win last July. I would be honoured if my son was asked to play there.

But would you choose that program if you had choices? Not if Lax helps decide.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too bad he can't lead his own team to anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The person ripping OSU sounds like a jealous reject from the school. Lots of third party references and non factual statements that can't be verified by him. OSU is a good school, with a great reputation and tons of tradition and alumni connections.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The person ripping OSU sounds like a jealous reject from the school. Lots of third party references and non factual statements that can't be verified by him. OSU is a good school, with a great reputation and tons of tradition and alumni connections.
for a state school with 60K students in Columbus its a pretty darn good school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should have never been down in the first place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why settle? that was a backhanded compliment...kid is committing in 8th grade...no way should that be your 1st choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why settle? that was a backhanded compliment...kid is committing in 8th grade...no way should that be your 1st choice.

What if you know that your kid is of relatively average intelligence, and might really thrive at a school like OSU? What if they promised you a significant amount of money?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is your kid committed to? U of NW?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is your kid committed to? U of NW?

ND

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your probably a Wall Street tool. Ohio state is a great school especially if your not trying to work at Goldman Sachs. Or maybe the parents don't want to spend 75k a year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a OSU parent who keeps trying to justify the early commit to a mediocre school that is too far away. Please stop! You would have been better off at Hoftstra or SB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But isn't the kid from western Pa? Maybe that's where he wants to be. Stop spreading shade. I can tell you the OSU campus itself is much better then the Harvard of Hempstead or Stoned Brook. B1G is up an coming. Theres more media exposure on BTN then Newsday. Hofstra athletics haven't had any "Pride" since they became the Pride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your probably a Wall Street tool. Ohio state is a great school especially if your not trying to work at Goldman Sachs. Or maybe the parents don't want to spend 75k a year

Wait, who wouldn't want to work at Goldman Sachs? Make a bunch of money and then take a sunset job as part of the Trump Administration... That's the American Dream!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it really important to go to a top academic school? We've all been duped into buying (really buying) into that philosophy. Not sure about you but most of the really successful guys I know didn't go to IVY, Duke, UNC, NESCAC, Virginia etc. They didn't. Many didn't even go to school. Our entire society has boughten into this idea that in order to have success you first need to go to college and even you want even more success it has to be to a top college. Its really BS. You can site the examples of the Princeton grad who got handed a job. So what. For everyone of those there is a Kevin Plank story. He went to Maryland. A school lax people bash as a non academic school. What has your college experience done for you?? A bunch of great memories and great stories for me. Ivy grads going into teaching? I coached two twins back in the day and one went to Hopkins and one to Princeton. Great kids. Bother are teachers at a private school. And they love it. I"m not knocking teaching. The point is you, your character, your drive, your passion, your ambition, your balls are going to make you. Not that high academic institution. Truly an extension of high school with less rules. Go Be. Go Do. Have fun. Play lacrosse at the best lacrosse school you can or go play for the best academic school you can. Either way it will all work out if you work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how far off topic this thread has become. Would have thought someone would have figured out who this player is that is the first EC for 2021s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it really important to go to a top academic school? We've all been duped into buying (really buying) into that philosophy. Not sure about you but most of the really successful guys I know didn't go to IVY, Duke, UNC, NESCAC, Virginia etc. They didn't. Many didn't even go to school. Our entire society has boughten into this idea that in order to have success you first need to go to college and even you want even more success it has to be to a top college. Its really BS. You can site the examples of the Princeton grad who got handed a job. So what. For everyone of those there is a Kevin Plank story. He went to Maryland. A school lax people bash as a non academic school. What has your college experience done for you?? A bunch of great memories and great stories for me. Ivy grads going into teaching? I coached two twins back in the day and one went to Hopkins and one to Princeton. Great kids. Bother are teachers at a private school. And they love it. I"m not knocking teaching. The point is you, your character, your drive, your passion, your ambition, your balls are going to make you. Not that high academic institution. Truly an extension of high school with less rules. Go Be. Go Do. Have fun. Play lacrosse at the best lacrosse school you can or go play for the best academic school you can. Either way it will all work out if you work.

My college experience taught me that "boughten" is not a word.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how far off topic this thread has become. Would have thought someone would have figured out who this player is that is the first EC for 2021s.

Everyone already knows but nobody is spilling the beans all the kids at school are talking about it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know successful people who didn't go to college or went to some middle of the road school or community college. That has nothing to do with it. What is good or works for one person may not work for another.
Listen, I agree with you, be the best you can be, have fun and make the most of every day, no matter where you are....100%. I disagree about going to a school because it has the best lacrosse program.....there is no pot of gold at the end ...MLL is not the NFL, and it does not always work out. In some cases you go, get pushed into a major you are not interested in as you can't do the major you want based on the lax schedule and you graduate with either a non marketable degree or in a field you have no interest in and end up working at lacrosse unlimited selling gear to snot-nose kids.
The bottom line is you need to find a school where your kid will be the most successful - academically, socially and if playing lacrosse, athletically. Problem with this whole early commit BS is that most of these kids have no idea what they want to do or how well they will do in a particular school - because they are only in 8th or 9th grade!! And their parents are no help. Most (not all) will push these kids as they are more interested in bragging to their co-workings at their crappy job than what is best for their kid long term. It's about knowing your kid...his interests and what he needs to be successful.
If your kid is in the top percentile of his HS class and you know he will succeed at an IVY or baby IVY, and you have the bucks to send him...then great, let him go. Graduating from an Ivy doesn't automatically guarantee success. But your earning potential and chances for future success is much greater than if you graduated from a Maryland, Penn State or some other big box brand. That is not an opinion....those are facts based on post graduate statistics. (BTW the Kevin Plank type stories are far and few between, and there are not one of those for every IVY grad who gets handed a job) That is also a fact!
A friends son is playing at an IVY. He has a few teammates and other friends at school that come from successful families. One is the CEO of a major company, a couple are MDs at investment banks and one is a partner of a huge law firm. The network you will create and the alumni network, plus the alumni who were lacrosse players and like to hire lacrosse players gives you a major advantage. And with competition being what it is today...having an edge helps!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My college experience taught me that "boughten" is not a word. Ha you are right (or your if you need another one) not sure if it was typo or just came out of my mind like that. However, I will wake up tomorrow whenever I want because I do not punch a clock. Make sure you set your alarm but please do not wake me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rising Sons kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rising Sons kid

Holdback or Double Holdback? Sorry, it is Philly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure sounds like your knocking teachers. I for one am thrilled when my child is fortunate to have a teacher who was educated at the IVY level where the teacher was surrounded with the best and brightest students, professors and yes best and brightest athletes. Some of us do value a top notch education. That is not to deminish the value of other schools--such as UMD which by the way has a highly competitive entrance into engineering, journalism and business schools and really the university as a whole.

Most important is the right fit for the student athlete!!! Puzzling how someone on the recruiting thread is putting down the IVY's. I know boys playing lax at these Institutions and they worked their [lacrosse] off to get there and work equally hard to juggle lax and studies. Again look for right fit for your child and don't pit down others to make yourself feel better!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rising Sons kid

1/2003 Good try

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure sounds like your knocking teachers. I for one am thrilled when my child is fortunate to have a teacher who was educated at the IVY level where the teacher was surrounded with the best and brightest students, professors and yes best and brightest athletes. Some of us do value a top notch education. That is not to deminish the value of other schools--such as UMD which by the way has a highly competitive entrance into engineering, journalism and business schools and really the university as a whole.

Most important is the right fit for the student athlete!!! Puzzling how someone on the recruiting thread is putting down the IVY's. I know boys playing lax at these Institutions and they worked their [lacrosse] off to get there and work equally hard to juggle lax and studies. Again look for right fit for your child and don't pit down others to make yourself feel better!!!
Why dont you tell us how being really smart and educated by really smart people makes you a good teacher?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really sure what club can claim this boy, he was at RS, then went to Igloo, left Igloo and then went to some team in MD. Not sure where he is now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you work for the said athlete? You sure keep a close watch on where he is or who he is playing for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rising Sons kid

1/2003 Good try

1/2003 - great for him Kudos! Good luck dont absorb the hate keep working!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why dont you tell us how being really smart and educated by really smart people makes you a good teacher?

Pretty easy to understand that such a teacher would at least be better than average.

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 58 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard