BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 62 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and you guys sht on the "flow" conversation for this?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express actual goalie wasn't there. The kid who played is a field player and did an admirable job but it does make a difference to have a trained goalie. The Blast girl is awesome.

Express goalie played excellent. Looked to me like he might have played as a hockey goalie at some point? He did well either way, kudos to him for stepping up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express actual goalie wasn't there. The kid who played is a field player and did an admirable job but it does make a difference to have a trained goalie. The Blast girl is awesome.

She is indeed an awesome goalie, thank you. And your Express middie is quite the lacrosse player! Did we just exchange compliments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a joke. The kids were in a line as they came off they went to the end so yes we all watched playing time was dead even. The score however was not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is for bashing small children and their parents only. Please take your compliments and leave.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a joke. The kids were in a line as they came off they went to the end so yes we all watched playing time was dead even. The score however was not

You wish that was the case. And you absolutely know it's not. When both teams played everyone, it was a one goal game. JS wasn't going to have that again. Hey, but if laying down that line of garbage on here helps you sleep at night then good luck. It's going to be a long summer for 1/2 of that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is indeed an awesome goalie, thank you. And your Express middie is quite the lacrosse player! Did we just exchange compliments?

You guys gonna kiss or something? JS only plays his best players. The rest are useful at practice. Look at Lizards and any other team he coaches. Thats how he rolls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you think that even on a college or professional level, JS should give ALL his players equal playing time like they would get on a PAL team? You must be from the everyone-is-a-winner, everyone-gets-a-trophy parent's group. Nothing kills production more than there being no "reward" for hard work and results. Kids on a high-skill team need to see some reward for working hard and being the best.....or why would they push themselves so hard? I have been to many of the tournaments that the Blast plays in and all of the kids get lots of playing time. Perhaps in the championship game, the stronger kids get a little more time, so be it....they have worked for it. It is an incentive for the other kids to work to get to that position. The respect that the Blast kids show to their coaches and each other is amazing. They are such a close-knit group and that certainly contributes to their success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you think that even on a college or professional level, JS should give ALL his players equal playing time like they would get on a PAL team? You must be from the everyone-is-a-winner, everyone-gets-a-trophy parent's group. Nothing kills production more than there being no "reward" for hard work and results. Kids on a high-skill team need to see some reward for working hard and being the best.....or why would they push themselves so hard? I have been to many of the tournaments that the Blast plays in and all of the kids get lots of playing time. Perhaps in the championship game, the stronger kids get a little more time, so be it....they have worked for it. It is an incentive for the other kids to work to get to that position. The respect that the Blast kids show to their coaches and each other is amazing. They are such a close-knit group and that certainly contributes to their success.

You are such a loser. No one ever said that. And for the record, your kid doesnt push himself. You push him. Such a jerk off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the first spring tournaments

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is a great goalie but is she ever going to play with girls and blast can actually have a boy goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"JS only plays his best players. The rest are useful at practice. Look at Lizards and any other team he coaches. Thats how he rolls." That is exactly what was said. Why must you resort to nasty insults instead of responding in an intelligent way? There are kids that push themselves and some that need some incentive.....that is all I said. I am not a loser and I don't have a kid on the Blast. Many of you are so [lacrosse] bent on saying nasty things about JS that that is all you can think about. That is pretty sad. Give credit where credit is due. His teams succeed. That speaks for itself. You don't hear the parents of his kids on here saying they don't get what they paid for or disrespecting him and his staff. They are silent and just enjoy watching their kids grow their skills and game sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of there kids have one foot out the door. Not a lot of happy campers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why if she is a great goalie would you want her to leave the team so they can have a "boy" goalie? Sounds like sexism at its best and simply makes no sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why if she is a great goalie would you want her to leave the team so they can have a "boy" goalie? Sounds like sexism at its best and simply makes no sense.

Shes a product of a strong defense. You ever see her play on her PAL teams, she is not the same goalie. But she is good for a girl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shes a product of a strong defense. You ever see her play on her PAL teams, she is not the same goalie. But she is good for a girl.

What goalie isn't a product of strong defense? Defense, like lacrosse, is a team effort. Ever watch the MLL All Star game? Best goalies in the world getting rocked because they're playing with a mixed up defense instead of a well oiled team. Most PAL teams are no different. Defense doesn't know whether they're coming or going in PAL, and usually the least skilled kids end up there (or attack). Kids get rotated through to check off a box that they played a position. Not all PAL teams are like that but most are. You're comparing apples and fruit salad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good "for a girl"........lol....I rest my case! Many goalies are products of a good defense......even if they are BOYS. Enjoyed our discussion: You made me smile. And you didn't even swear or anything!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "good for a girl" comment is completely ridiculous. Asinine at best. My question is how long will the two girls be playing with the boys? I have sons and daughters, all of whom play lax. I'm not sure that a girl really benefits from playing the boys game because the games are so tremendously different. I could be completely wrong though. From an offensive player using a completely different stick and creating shooting, catching, cradling, checking and defensive habits that don't translate over to the girls game, to the goalie who is depending on people playing a completely different and more physical style of defense, I'm just not sure how long they should continue. But there is also the social part of it, although to a much lesser degree. I'm not being negative at all! I think they are both doing very well on one of the top teams in the age group, so that is not where this question is coming from. Just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The "good for a girl" comment is completely ridiculous. Asinine at best. My question is how long will the two girls be playing with the boys? I have sons and daughters, all of whom play lax. I'm not sure that a girl really benefits from playing the boys game because the games are so tremendously different. I could be completely wrong though. From an offensive player using a completely different stick and creating shooting, catching, cradling, checking and defensive habits that don't translate over to the girls game, to the goalie who is depending on people playing a completely different and more physical style of defense, I'm just not sure how long they should continue. But there is also the social part of it, although to a much lesser degree. I'm not being negative at all! I think they are both doing very well on one of the top teams in the age group, so that is not where this question is coming from. Just curious.

Well lets face it, if the "Team/Organization" was not owned by one of the female player's "Father/Head coach" then, her and her outstanding goalie would not even by on that said team. Like you said male and female lacrosse are really to different games. Hopefully her middle school and High school allow her to continue her dream of playing with the boys. Hey maybe one day her friends father can even draft her to the NY lizards. Would love to see that!! Girl Power

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're right thats how she got on in the first place. Few coaches would take a chance on a 2nd or 3rd grade girl on a boys team based on a tryout alone. I don't think that is the case now. She could go to any team if she wanted to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah Champ.... you just got burned man.....zinnngerrrr!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah Champ.... you just got burned man.....zinnngerrrr!

Blastard hitting the sauce early today. Up all night partying with Mother Goose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All legacy teams except 2027 are traveling to Pennsylvania. The point is to have a different schedule than every Long Island tournament the geese play in....Ducks, Express , Greenwich, .it gets old and parents pay good money for this. It's about the kids and the business growing . Not about 9 year olds playing the same three teams all summer long. Blast could've played Geese three times this year but chose to play up or not play at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese can play blast at local summer tournaments too. Besides the time it really matters is summer. Thats when teams have been practicing all season. Beat them when it counts, nobody seems to care about fall ball very much, even with my older guys team. Kids are playing football several times a week in the fall. Very few lax practices. Its like spring training in baseball or pre season football, nobody cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese could sign up for laxfest right now. Who is ducking who? Try asking your coaches to grow a pair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mama Gosse must be mixing up some good stuff over there. The BS is flying high for the baby rocketeers!! 3 2 1 BLAST OFF!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell zummo to grow a pair!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "good for a girl" comment is completely ridiculous. Asinine at best. My question is how long will the two girls be playing with the boys? I have sons and daughters, all of whom play lax. I'm not sure that a girl really benefits from playing the boys game because the games are so tremendously different. I could be completely wrong though. From an offensive player using a completely different stick and creating shooting, catching, cradling, checking and defensive habits that don't translate over to the girls game, to the goalie who is depending on people playing a completely different and more physical style of defense, I'm just not sure how long they should continue. But there is also the social part of it, although to a much lesser degree. I'm not being negative at all! I think they are both doing very well on one of the top teams in the age group, so that is not where this question is coming from. Just curious.

I have an older daughter who plays and I think I can answer this question. Offensively it could help. If you look at the D1 women's scene the prime example is Selena Lasota who plays for Northwestern. She grew up playing boys box lacrosse in BC. She didn't try girls lax until her sophomore or junior year in HS and went to a recruiting tournament with a B team in a B bracket. NU assistant spotted her and the rest is history. U19 gold medal for Canada and top dog at NU. I might not have gotten all the details perfect, I'm going by memory. Levy up at Syracuse is another example. She shoots like a boy with low to high sidearm rippers from the outside. Shots like that aren't normally seen in the women's game. Female goalies aren't normally even thinking about a shot from outside the 8 meter arc.

With regards to the goalie, in the long run it might hurt her game. Because of shooting space rules most girls shoot much closer than boys. Thats one of the reasons where a good D1 female goalie has save percentages around 50% and a men's D1 goalie could be as high as 70%. Closer shots are harder to save. Playing boys she's going to see less of those in close shots. Whether that effects her game I guess is up to her. At 9 years old I doubt she cares.

I think the key thing to take away is these are 9, maybe 10 year old kids. Are they having fun? If they are, they'll keep playing and hopefully succeed wherever they end up. I've seen the goalie at a boys town game. She was playing defense and she looked to be having a good time of it. She wasn't the best defenseman I've seen but she was above average and more than I expected from a kid who plays goalie. That says to me the girl likes the physicality of the sport. I think that's great. Of course that could all change when the hormones hit but she was having fun and really that's what kids sports should be about. Fun. Crazy, I know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blast players are talented. A few of them may eventually be elite (goalie, f/o kid and righty attack). There is no denying that.

However;

Loud Insane Dads + Trashy Spandex Moms + Alcohol = Blastards

JS doesn't like to lose. He got lucky last weekend and avoided losing to Laxachusettes twice. He doesn't want to take a chance of losing to Geese. My guess is that they won't face each other all summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have some cajones! It's easy, laxfest!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So in June, the Geese are playing in the FL$ event instead of Farmingdale. That is too funny. The goose poop have decided they want to play nobody teams instead of getting beaten again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To answer your post, 1,not many coaches like to lose. 2, nobody avoided laxachusettes, first place, played second place, that was the tournament rules. In fact everyone wanted to play laxachusettes. 3, geese and blast played june and july last year and one team won all 4 times. No braveheart, no last second goal. Good games, but no real down to the wire game. Why would the winning team actually ,as you say avoid playing. Makes zero sense. 4, geese should enter laxfest. Its the biggest long island tournament each year. Teams travel far to play this tournament. Hundreds of teams. Why would a real good team 15 minutes away not play in this tournament. Tournament is 4 months away, plenty of time to register.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To answer your post, 1,not many coaches like to lose. 2, nobody avoided laxachusettes, first place, played second place, that was the tournament rules. In fact everyone wanted to play laxachusettes. 3, geese and blast played june and july last year and one team won all 4 times. No braveheart, no last second goal. Good games, but no real down to the wire game. Why would the winning team actually ,as you say avoid playing. Makes zero sense. 4, geese should enter laxfest. Its the biggest long island tournament each year. Teams travel far to play this tournament. Hundreds of teams. Why would a real good team 15 minutes away not play in this tournament. Tournament is 4 months away, plenty of time to register.

1) Geese coaches don't want to lose again at Lax Fest.

2) The Leg organization doesn't want to risk losing again. Then they lose players like almost happened last year. Yes, plenty of Geese parents talked to Blast coaches. You know who you are.

Stop the sillyness. It's about $$$.

No program cares if you're the team is the best. Only that you think you are so you keep paying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"No program cares if you're the team is the best. Only that you think you are so you keep paying".

True statement yet most of these [lacrosse] keep paying and wearing team gear like they play on the damn team. Guy down the block has a kid on 9D1 and he is honestly HORRIBLE yet this dad thinks he made the big show. FN tools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Geese coaches don't want to lose again at Lax Fest.

2) The Leg organization doesn't want to risk losing again. Then they lose players like almost happened last year. Yes, plenty of Geese parents talked to Blast coaches. You know who you are.

Stop the sillyness. It's about $$$.

No program cares if you're the team is the best. Only that you think you are so you keep paying.

Stupid post. Thanks for the info on the coaches AND the Club not wanting to Lose @ laxfest... Very enlightening... Can you inform me on a team or Club that is in it to lose and if so where?
91 plays to win all the time @ every grade. Dumba$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course. The more they win, the more money they make. So yeah they want to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello we play to win the game Hello!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. That's why 6 Jr. Blastards will ride the bench in games decided by less that 6 goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's never happened on this team. Stop reaching. Sometimes silence is best. Its that time now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's never happened on this team. Stop reaching. Sometimes silence is best. Its that time now.

Like it didn't happen in the last tournament? If you don't think that was a sign of things to come you're delusional.

Page 20 of 62 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard