BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 58 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does this happen with 2021 or even the mystery MD 2022s - are the clubs approaching the colleges, or are the parents reaching out ? Are these kids being seen at camps ? It goes against standard convention ...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought it was Maryland?

Personally, their proposal should NOT be approved for current commit classes. Start with 2022s. Otherwise, you have committed kids who CANNOT speak with their coaches. NOT GOOD. . .I want my child to be able to continue cultivating a relationship with his/her coach. Naysayers, please bugger off. . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per Ty Xanders--earliest ever commit 8th grade (2021) to a B12 school. I guess he said this kid committed 1 month earlier than anyone in the past. He won't say who or which school yet. So sneaky.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its Hopkins of course.... Petro is a shameless. Although if he plays for Crabs, FCA, Looneys he is probably 16 anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its Ohio Sate

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Its Hopkins of course.... Petro is a shameless. Although if he plays for Crabs, FCA, Looneys he is probably 16 anyway.
16 years old, Crabs definitely, FCA or Looney's highly unlikely. You should know your facts before opening your mouth. Not cool starting crap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok Fonzie... not cool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok Fonzie... not cool.

Oh, ok Mr. Cunningham whatever you say. Guess you are connected with Crabs. Or maybe I should say ok Mr Crabdaddy, the crab man himself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ok Fonzie... not cool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way this is a true age 8th grader. Club and school once announced will tell u right away! Still must have some very good ability if recruited??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid is on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid is on age.

Yes, on age for Maryland. So 16.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is friends with him, just turned 14

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He must have loser parents to be forcing college decisions at age 14.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forcing????? You're the loser, feel sorry for your son, he must hate you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kid is THAT good - why on earth would he commit to OSU at 14? You would think a parent would step in and provide some guidance....

Where is he from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is friends with him, just turned 14

Ok since you know so much...what Club does he play for??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Resolute out of Ohio

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Ty Xanders listed 1 2021 to watch from Ohio ( Resolute ) at the NLF last month...my crime dog skills are on point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Ty Xanders listed 1 2021 to watch from Ohio ( Resolute ) at the NLF last month...my crime dog skills are on point.

Right, that kid is an awesome player. Great running back also. But he did not just turn 14. Should be a 2020. Not even close to being a legit 2021.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Crush mad that they can't claim the earliest commit anymore?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Crush mad that they can't claim the earliest commit anymore?
why, would they be? Dont they still have the youngest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right, that kid is an awesome player. Great running back also. But he did not just turn 14. Should be a 2020. Not even close to being a legit 2021. This is not the kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kid is THAT good - why on earth would he commit to OSU at 14? You would think a parent would step in and provide some guidance....

Where is he from?
Pennsylvania

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not Ohio kid and not OSU but good thinking ______ PA kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not Ohio kid and not OSU but good thinking ______ PA kid

If he's from PA he should be going to Penn State.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only last Friday the CAD was trying hard to get through 1.3060 on the back of an eye opening CPI number and after witnessing some stealth like USD buying the currency has had a pretty severe identity crisis this week. It may go back as far as February 21 when positioning reports surprisingly revealed that the market at least in the case of futures was substantially long CAD, despite the fact that the determining factors for the CAD have done very little the currency has lost nearly 2.5% since Friday’s CAD strong point. What is even more surprising is the fact that the CAD has lost ground on most if not all pertinent crosses.
We are not sure it is going to get much better as we get the BOC rate announcement today and that may give the authorities another opportunity to give the CAD another kick in the head. Beyond that we have CAD GDP (expectations decent so a good print no surprise) and then the next big event the CAD employment report March 10th which after several months of good numbers is at risk of being bad.
Couple this with the fact that a “border tax” is still being bandied about and this will continue to send the CAD lower. The fact is we have traded a tight 1.30-1.36 range since last September and it may be time to take a visit back to the top end at 1.3600.

copied this from another thread (explains why programs like PSU or OSU commit early)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only last Friday the CAD was trying hard to get through 1.3060 on the back of an eye opening CPI number and after witnessing some stealth like USD buying the currency has had a pretty severe identity crisis this week. It may go back as far as February 21 when positioning reports surprisingly revealed that the market at least in the case of futures was substantially long CAD, despite the fact that the determining factors for the CAD have done very little the currency has lost nearly 2.5% since Friday’s CAD strong point. What is even more surprising is the fact that the CAD has lost ground on most if not all pertinent crosses.
We are not sure it is going to get much better as we get the BOC rate announcement today and that may give the authorities another opportunity to give the CAD another kick in the head. Beyond that we have CAD GDP (expectations decent so a good print no surprise) and then the next big event the CAD employment report March 10th which after several months of good numbers is at risk of being bad.
Couple this with the fact that a “border tax” is still being bandied about and this will continue to send the CAD lower. The fact is we have traded a tight 1.30-1.36 range since last September and it may be time to take a visit back to the top end at 1.3600.

copied this from another thread (explains why programs like PSU or OSU commit early)

Wow, I am thoroughly confused. I thought I knew a thing or two about lacrosse, but all this talk about CAD and CPI leaves me realizing I know nothing about the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry cut and paste didn't work that time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry cut and paste didn't work that time

Yeah, figured as much, just trying to post a little levity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't the club claiming this commit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Decisions" - is this binding for either side? If no, nothing has been decided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the Resolute kid and his summer/fall coach is Nick Myers. This one is simple and does make sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The poster established that the parents "forced" the child to attend a certain institution. Who told you the youngster was "forced" ? Is this your overzealous and jealous imagination running wild? Making unfounded assumptions? Remember what Felix told Oscar about assuming things!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they said the kid is from Pa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the Resolute kid and his summer/fall coach is Nick Myers. This one is simple and does make sense.

Myers is the deucheist coach out there. He's a nasty [lacrosse]. Seems nice on the visit then it changes real quick when you get there. Oh, and the team sucks! Who would want to send their kid to Crappy Ohio where you can't even see them play games without flying when there are soooo many better choices!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Myers is the deucheist coach out there. He's a nasty [lacrosse]. Seems nice on the visit then it changes real quick when you get there. Oh, and the team sucks! Who would want to send their kid to Crappy Ohio where you can't even see them play games without flying when there are soooo many better choices!

Jealously is not a good trait!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jealously is not a good trait!

LOL, that's the greatest typo ever. . .you meant deutschiest like "most German," right? Good luck to this kid and to any kid talented enough to play for a school like OSU. The earliness might take one's breath away, but in a year, you all will be complaining about the next early commit (and begrudgingly acknowledging that maybe, just maybe, last year's earliest might be the real deal). Or you'll be complaining that the new NCAA rules forbidding contact are not having the intended effect of "making things right" because now the clubs have even MORE power. Because if it's not one thing around here, it's another. . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the odds that the NCAA rules against early recruiting and adopts the US Lacrosse proposal that limits contact until Jr year? I think it's 50/50. I, for one, like limiting coaches contact. I realize that the club coaches will probably still talk to college coaches. So, your club director would become the go between until Jr year. But, wouldn't limiting contact until Jr year make more sense? In the non-athletic world, kids don't visit college until their Jr. year.

It is up to the NCAA to make the call. I know they don't want to have the responsibility of enforcement. Lacrosse is not a revenue baring sport.

Like Reply Quote
Page 37 of 58 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard