BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 214 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes that is correct, Oceanside moved out of power conference and Port Wash moved in

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Suffolk A is a toss up. MC lost a key part of their offense to a torn ACL. Ward Melville has an all star team but the coach doesn't play the girls he should be playing. West Islip's run is over. Both Smithtowns will be good this year and don't count out Northport.

Suffolk B is Eastport-South Manor easily. They will win most games by double digits.

Suffolk C is Mt. Sinai. SWR and BBP just don't have enough to beat them.

Suffolk D. Mattituck over Babylon.

Let me guess, you are from Ward Melville?
Self proclaimed leader in talent.
Then blame the coach for the continued short comings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you have 15 girls committed to D1 schools and they don't play because the coach likes to play the seniors than yeah I'm blaming the coach. I'm not from that town and I have watched them get eliminated in the playoffs in previous years by lesser teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A is a toss up. MC lost a key part of their offense to a torn ACL. Ward Melville has an all star team but the coach doesn't play the girls he should be playing. West Islip's run is over. Both Smithtowns will be good this year and don't count out Northport.

Suffolk B is Eastport-South Manor easily. They will win most games by double digits.

6 2017 D1 commits. 8 2018 D1 commits and 2 2019 D1 commits. I would say that's an allstar team. If you can't get out of the first round with that team then the coach is doing something wrong. Try and find another team on the island that has that many commits and can't make the county finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a site (other than a specific HS) where one can find 2017 spring schedules for LI Nassau Publics?
Thanks..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're not from that town, how on earth would you know how many D1 commits they have. That information is not listed anywhere so give it a rest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plainedge has the new superstar coach from Wantagh, but graduated all of their talent. Lynbrook and Seaford will go undefeated, dark horse will be MacArthur.

The Wantagh coach is the asst.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're not from that town, how on earth would you know how many D1 commits they have. That information is not listed anywhere so give it a rest

You can find any recruit on laxpower you dope. Also, our town plays them every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 2017 D1 commits. 8 2018 D1 commits and 2 2019 D1 commits. I would say that's an allstar team. If you can't get out of the first round with that team then the coach is doing something wrong. Try and find another team on the island that has that many commits and can't make the county finals.

Most of those kids won't see the field at the next level...it's not like the team is losing 1 goal games to good teams, they are not getting out of the first round...All i read on YJ thread is,anybody can coach their teams, roll the balls onto the field and sit back...What's the difference here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes dope I know what laxpower is. You cannot look up a hs. Just a college or player. So if you have that kind of time on your hands I suggest getting a life. Our team plays them as well. Doesn't mean I know every kid on the team or where they're commited. So my guess is ur a wm parent on a fishing expedition

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, yes, you can search by HS or hometown. So...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again why would you even take the time to do that. Who cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And wm is a mix of several towns so seems like a lot of work for something that doesn't have an impact on your life. Unless of course your a wm parent with a kid that warms the bench

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree west islip run is done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same goalie since 9th grade. Gets the job done. Let's talk in June.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This may be a transition yr for wi. But their talent pool in the soph and freshman yrs are very good. They will be a force in the next few yrs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you have 15 girls committed to D1 schools and they don't play because the coach likes to play the seniors than yeah I'm blaming the coach. I'm not from that town and I have watched them get eliminated in the playoffs in previous years by lesser teams.

No affiliation to WC - if this is true, does anyone else find it refreshing that the coach is playing the Seniors vs the younger players? I just don't understand the mentality of bringing 7th and 8th grade players up to your varisity team and having half the roster filled with 7th-10h graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No affiliation to WC - if this is true, does anyone else find it refreshing that the coach is playing the Seniors vs the younger players? I just don't understand the mentality of bringing 7th and 8th grade players up to your varisity team and having half the roster filled with 7th-10h graders.

It's hs, best kids should play no matter grade...with that said, bringing up 7th/8th graders with no business being on the team is dopey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in our town only club kids get called up from middle school who have parents involved in the booster club. It's political....SHOCKING haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's hs, best kids should play no matter grade...with that said, bringing up 7th/8th graders with no business being on the team is dopey.

My town is known for having a very strong youth program (until recently) and pulling MS girls up to varsity. Also known for failure to advance in the playoffs and very few graduating seniors. Coaching is part of it, but there's also something to be said for teamwork, camaraderie, etc over throwing together individuals with the best stick skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ld

My town is known for having a very strong youth program (until recently) and pulling MS girls up to varsity. Also known for failure to advance in the playoffs and very few graduating seniors. Coaching is part of it, but there's also something to be said for teamwork, camaraderie, etc over throwing together individuals with the best stick skills.

I understand the best kids should play, just questioning the mindset that says a 13 year old should be playing on varsity? It used to be 10th grade and on a rare occasion 9th grade? Seems like this has become the new norm today? Doing so, seems to be in the best interest of the coach and not necessarily the players? 7th graders practicing and socializing with much older kids, older kids sitting on the bench while 7th-10th grade kids play.

My daughter is only in elementary school, so i may be way off on my assumptions...just interested in what the collective group thinks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age old question do you want your 13 year old hanging out with 18 year olds and seeing the boyfriend and drinking stuff at such an early age? And the other point was about older players dropping out because the team has been given over to under classman. That one is tricky in our mid level school where its done so every year we are begging the girls who have quit to come back so we can fill out the roster, but when they do, they still don't touch the ball. The most successful teams spread the ball around, keep everyone involved and when possible, defer to the seniors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ld

I understand the best kids should play, just questioning the mindset that says a 13 year old should be playing on varsity? It used to be 10th grade and on a rare occasion 9th grade? Seems like this has become the new norm today? Doing so, seems to be in the best interest of the coach and not necessarily the players? 7th graders practicing and socializing with much older kids, older kids sitting on the bench while 7th-10th grade kids play.

My daughter is only in elementary school, so i may be way off on my assumptions...just interested in what the collective group thinks?

I don't have any issues at all with the best HS kids playing on varsity. 9th graders mix with 10th, 11th and 12th graders during the school day. That said, my daughter played varsity in 9th grade and had different experiences with different sports. She was also exposed to some things that could've waited a bit longer. Middle Schoolers playing varsity is another thing altogether. Despite what many parents may think, 8th graders (and 9th graders too including my own who while may some contributions during her varsity time as a freshman but may have been better served by being a "star" on JV) that can actually compete and contribute at a varsity level are very few and very few between. Just my $.02 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody in 7/8 grade should be on varsity period. A 12/13 yr old in a locker room with 17/18 yr olds is not good. Maturity level, real life situations totalllly different. They should not be exposed to the conversations regarding drinking sex or anything else. There are some small districts that can't field a team without them. Doesn't mean the kid is a phenomenal player. Sometimes just need a body to fill a roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Nobody in 7/8 grade should be on varsity period. A 12/13 yr old in a locker room with 17/18 yr olds is not good. Maturity level, real life situations totalllly different. They should not be exposed to the conversations regarding drinking sex or anything else. There are some small districts that can't field a team without them. Doesn't mean the kid is a phenomenal player. Sometimes just need a body to fill a roster [/quote

For 7th/8th graders to be on varsity, teams must be really bad. If your kid is up on a 2-13 team getting beat by 10+ goals every game, good for you, enjoy it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the "everyone gets a trophy mentality". Best kids play in high school and those are normally the ones that have dedicated themselves to getting better. You can still have good teamwork and camaraderie with a few middle school players that can throw and catch. In a strong program few if any middle school kids will make the cut. For those that do congratulations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bringing in a seventh grader is not nearly as common as you all make it seem. I believe there were three last year for all of Long Island. Not sure it was any more than that the year before. Your talking about maybe one tenth of one percent of the players who do this. And for the most part, every kid I have seen do this has been deserving. Mixing it up with the older kids is another issue but coaches know this and act as buffers. Still it is a personal choice for each to make and will only be an option for a very select few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My two daughters competed on varsity sports while in middle school and it was a great experience in every way. Coaches handled the situation very well. I think people are over-reacting. That being said, some schools do not allow it. In districts that do allow it, if your child is asked to play varsity you can always decline. We all know that will rarely happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody in 7/8 grade should be on varsity period. A 12/13 yr old in a locker room with 17/18 yr olds is not good. Maturity level, real life situations totalllly different. They should not be exposed to the conversations regarding drinking sex or anything else. There are some small districts that can't field a team without them. Doesn't mean the kid is a phenomenal player. Sometimes just need a body to fill a roster

The worst thing is our district where the program has been destroyed by the inability of coaches to have players share the ball so not only do we call up 8th and 9th graders but we call up unqualified players based only on numbers. Its a recipe for disaster and we live it every year. When will coaches learn its a team game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An 8th grade boy lead all of Long Island last year in goals during the regular season. He played in Suffolk "A" which has some of the largest schools on The Island. He was brought up to varsity, played, started and excelled because of his ability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My two daughters competed on varsity sports while in middle school and it was a great experience in every way. Coaches handled the situation very well. I think people are over-reacting. That being said, some schools do not allow it. In districts that do allow it, if your child is asked to play varsity you can always decline. We all know that will rarely happen.

and in districts that Don't allow it, just sue the pants off them....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're missing my point. I'm not referring to athletic ability. There are plenty of eighth graders that I have seen play they could blow away have to seniors on these teams . I'm referring to maturity. The coach can only be a buffer on somethings these teams have their own group chats and there was a lot of discussion taking place that is not for the years of 13-year-old kid boy or a girl. And yes I speak from experience my daughter play varsity in eighth grade and they were some things I really wish you wouldn't have been in her knowledge until she was at least in 10th grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Smithtown East is going to have two eighth graders this year. Both are exceptional players and kids from great families. I think you need to decide if your daughter, should she be called on to play varsity in MS, is mature enough to handle the things she will see and hear as a 13/14 year old. Make sure you have an open dialogue with her and with the coach and perhaps a teammate or two that can be her mentor. They need to be prepared. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did this conversation go from Ward Melville doesn't play the right girls to middle school players on varsity? They have no middle school girls playing up. They have very few 9th graders playing varsity. The problem is the wrong girls are playing because they are seniors. This shouldn't be a problem this year with so many good seniors on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Smithtown East is going to have two eighth graders this year. Both are exceptional players and kids from great families. I think you need to decide if your daughter, should she be called on to play varsity in MS, is mature enough to handle the things she will see and hear as a 13/14 year old. Make sure you have an open dialogue with her and with the coach and perhaps a teammate or two that can be her mentor. They need to be prepared. Good luck to all.

Like one of the previous posters stated, Smithtown East weak program...those kids aren't getting pulled up in good programs...Has Smithtown East ever won anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a hs girls forum. Not a wm forum. That's how

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents ruin it for the kids by contacting coaches and getting over involved. Let everyone play where they belong and everyone will get their turn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And if they don't allow it, sue the pants of them for that too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like one of the previous posters stated, Smithtown East weak program...those kids aren't getting pulled up in good programs...Has Smithtown East ever won anything?

The two girls getting moved up at SE would start on any varsity team on LI, including the one your daughter plays on. One has committed, the other probably will shortly. The committed one is the best 2021 around an may be the best player on LI already. SE will begin to win very shortly, a lot of talent coming up in the pipeline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The two girls getting moved up at SE would start on any varsity team on LI, including the one your daughter plays on. One has committed, the other probably will shortly. The committed one is the best 2021 around an may be the best player on LI already. SE will begin to win very shortly, a lot of talent coming up in the pipeline.

8th grader is the best player on LI?? Settle down mom.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 214 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard