BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 75 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great Idea for them to play on LI
This will really help them to get the LONG ISLAND GIRLS!!!!
OH WELL STONY BROOK WILL LOOSE OUT AGAIN

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Stony Brook coaches are a joke . It's gross to have your so called super stars running it up against weak competition especially when they could barel score against a descent Townson team

And you can barely spell

That's the best you got . Spell check this , NCAA tournament choke artists, weak schedule playing over rated team of misfits .Hopefully those that get a vote realize it's very different scoring against these overmatched teams and running up their stats verse the players that actually play a descent schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Haters Enjoy that out of state tuition bill. Last two years they have beaten Northwestrrn Florida Notre Dame Stanford USC Hmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After a great weekend What are the Big games this coming week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think I read about how good the Norte Dame girls are doing, wait who did the play that weekend?????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to this board so not sure if there is background but I went and looked, SB lost to the #4 seed Syracuse 7-6 last year in NCAA second round. If that's choking I wish my daughters team would choke lolol. Hoping this thread is a classy one we are talking about our daughters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Haters Enjoy that out of state tuition bill. Last two years they have beaten Northwestrrn Florida Notre Dame Stanford USC Hmmm

Wow , and don't forget the beautiful campus, big time sports atmosphere and as a bonus the early exit from the NCAA tournament .Even funnier of the 5 schools you just named only 1 is cheaper for in state students and Stony Brook does not compare acadmicallly to any of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Choked last two years in the playoffs...Hmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personally do not love or hate SB but how is losing to the #4 seed Syracuse 7-6 choking let's keep this board informative w facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final 4 Syracuse !!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face it, SB has a couple stand out girls who wound up there because they were underrated. When they graduate, team is done, no depth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse isn't much better Embarrassing is playing TWO games in one day against poor teams. So technically they are playing more than a full game. It's the same crap just manipulating the system. They play more games than everyone else NCAA will pass a rule about this soon. Don't cast stones
Syracuse isn't much better Embarrassing is playing TWO games in one day against poor teams. So technically they are playing more than a full game. It's the same crap just manipulating the system. They play more games than everyone else NCAA will pass a rule about this soon. Don't cast stones

Weak? Didn't One of SU opponents almost beat NW🍊

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter plays for Binghamton Syracuse had game won before it started for one of their players score yesterday with 1'second left in the game doing through people was wrong Funny how coach Gait was smiling as well Just wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New polls tomorrow. Interested to see the shake up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse has been playing this day, night doubleheader for a couple of years now. They have 40+ girls on the team. Second game is for bench players and freshman. In the future you will see some of the big rostered teams do this also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse has been playing this day, night doubleheader for a couple of years now. They have 40+ girls on the team. Second game is for bench players and freshman. In the future you will see some of the big rostered teams do this also.

Did you look at the box score of the 2nd game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter plays for Binghamton Syracuse had game won before it started for one of their players score yesterday with 1'second left in the game doing through people was wrong Funny how coach Gait was smiling as well Just wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to this board so not sure if there is background but I went and looked, SB lost to the #4 seed Syracuse 7-6 last year in NCAA second round. If that's choking I wish my daughters team would choke lolol. Hoping this thread is a classy one we are talking about our daughters

Funny, your new to the forum...How about the year before? Since we want the board to be informative...or are we just going with the positive spin facts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook looked like well oiled machine. Top players are expected to perform and stay on the field- especially attack sharp shooters. The best high school coaches adhere to this, and reprimand selfish players who don't understand the game. It's a quick transition, not like soccer. My brother is a Hs coach and does not necessarily like his best player-been on varsity since 8th grade and has a chip on her shoulder. Committed to an up & coming D2 school despite D1 offers. But he knows she will leave everything on the field, and wants the ball in her stick when game is on the line. I keep telling him you never know what goes on at home, could be a sad or bad situation so try and praise her and value her. Girls remember that stuff and respond to it. High school coaches need to follow the Gait/Spallina/Levy role. Leave personal feelings out of it and depend on your leaders, reward them with praise not politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personally do not love or hate SB but how is losing to the #4 seed Syracuse 7-6 choking let's keep this board informative w facts

Personally I do not have any love or hate for Stony Brook, Northwestern, Florida, Notre Dame, Stanford or USC. However, touting about a win here or there and concerning yourself with where others choose to send their daughter to college makes you sound insecure in your own decisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think an Interesting conversation would be schools that get top rated classes and recruits and do NOT develop them better. I think that has entered women's lacrosse and why the landscape is changing. Which programs develop kids to the next level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personally I do not have any love or hate for Stony Brook, Northwestern, Florida, Notre Dame, Stanford or USC. However, touting about a win here or there and concerning yourself with where others choose to send their daughter to college makes you sound insecure in your own decisions.

Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Education should always be first, that's lost on many. Who gives a %$%@$#@ about a win unless its the naty championship. Get your degree and get out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Education should always be first, that's lost on many. Who gives a %$%@$#@ about a win unless its the naty championship. Get your degree and get out

I agree with most of that, but if its all about education, maybe just quit lax and study.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carc and Quint doing the game this weekend with Sheehan Stanwich got on to a topic I wish would come up more. the rules in the women's game are soo bad. you almost can't have a fast break. the D will just throw a cross check and stop the play.. 4 behind?? it stops the break, the D gets set up and the whole thing bogs down. anyone see the JHU v Loyola?? the passing was incredible, player movement, some amazing skip passes. No reason the women's game cant be more fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook looked like well oiled machine. Top players are expected to perform and stay on the field- especially attack sharp shooters. The best high school coaches adhere to this, and reprimand selfish players who don't understand the game. It's a quick transition, not like soccer. My brother is a Hs coach and does not necessarily like his best player-been on varsity since 8th grade and has a chip on her shoulder. Committed to an up & coming D2 school despite D1 offers. But he knows she will leave everything on the field, and wants the ball in her stick when game is on the line. I keep telling him you never know what goes on at home, could be a sad or bad situation so try and praise her and value her. Girls remember that stuff and respond to it. High school coaches need to follow the Gait/Spallina/Levy role. Leave personal feelings out of it and depend on your leaders, reward them with praise not politics.

16 to 2
Under 14 minutes and "stars" still in game!!! Don't brag about stats in may when you build stats in second half against weaker opponents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

16 to 2
Under 14 minutes and "stars" still in game!!! Don't brag about stats in may when you build stats in second half against weaker opponents

Wow, Someone had fun at Happy Hour....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a fan of SB head coach, but to be fair he played 26 players yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will they see any real competition this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe true but stars still in game stat padding...embarrassing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI way! Stat padding! Rgen fire up the facebook and twitter feeds and call newsday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stony Brook saw Towson and they were lucky to get the win, I would say they have seen real competition already. Stony Brook has certainly improved and they have been very strong for the past four or five years but their strength of schedule is not on par with the top teams in the country and I think that has hurt them. Playing a challenging schedule may result in a less impressive regular season record but it prepares the team for post season play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stony Brook saw Towson and they were lucky to get the win, I would say they have seen real competition already. Stony Brook has certainly improved and they have been very strong for the past four or five years but their strength of schedule is not on par with the top teams in the country and I think that has hurt them. Playing a challenging schedule may result in a less impressive regular season record but it prepares the team for post season play.

While the weaker schedule might be true, Stony Brook cannot help the quality of their conference.

If you compare the schedules of SB and MD. Right now SB plays 6 top 20 teams and MD plays 8, not that much of a difference. I guess if you add in the conference play offs that number goes up for MD, but I think SB plays enough tough competition during the regular season to be ready for the play-offs. I know from my own college experience teams do not love traveling to Long Island. As we all know it is not easy to get around even if you are flying in. I do not know the workings but maybe it is hard to get a home and away game contract with some of the top teams. You never know what goes on behind the scenes. It might be apples and oranges but I know Delaware would be willing to play Hofstra in football at home but would never agree to play at Hofstra until it became a conference game. Maybe JS faces similar situations when it comes to scheduling non-league games.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Agreed

Please try and detect where my sarcasm starts. "Enjoy that out of state tuition bill" then goes on to talk about wins in a collegiate sport. If you are paying tuition for wins I guess you can do well that way. Tuition? I thought everyone was getting a "free ride". If that's the case I'll take...hmmmmmm...Stanford.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got around to watching the Northwestern USC game from last week and I will say this while they are highly criticized Northwestern is a very very good team. USC was lucky to escape

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida rolling! What happened to the #1 recruit at USC, did nothing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got around to watching? Really? That's a joke, right?

Let's stop with the NU is good discussion right now, it's embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now we know where all the negative comments about Stony Brook and others come from Gator land

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now we know where all the negative comments about Stony Brook and others come from Gator land

Why would u say that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm wonder if the Florida praise while bashing the BBPT #1 recruit from USC could possibly be from Mt Sinai ?? Hmm Just sign your name next time

Page 38 of 75 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard