BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 214 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless refs start calling the flagrant fouls helmets are coming within the next 5 years. Just like the NFL is moving to flag football

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's rephrase this.......

Any and all teams who do not wear helmets HARD OR SOFT, should refuse to play teams who are wearing helmets HARD OR SOFT. No way in [lacrosse] would I step on the field to play against them, and it's not right that a coach or AD makes that descision for my daughter. I don't have a problem with the idea of girls wearing helmets HARD OR SOFT, but it has to be all the girls from both teams wearing them or nobody wears them. It puts extreme risk on the girls and is a lawsuit waiting to happen. If my daughter gets put in that position and gets hurt, I will Certainly be looking into the lawsuit.

"looking into a lawsuit" its people like you that are forcing helmets what a tool

You would be the tool to let your daughter play against the team that showed up all wearing helmets.

Yeah, so?? How does playing a team in helmets make it more dangerous for girls who are not wearing them? The rules are still the same.

Cmon really. Helmets will allow offensive players to charge into defenders even more than they do now. Any equipment that 1 team has that another doesn't is an advantage. The helmet thing is a total money grab by the manufacturer. I'm still wondering the purpose of using a helmet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any and all teams who do not wear helmets HARD OR SOFT, should refuse to play teams who are wearing helmets HARD OR SOFT. No way in [lacrosse] would I step on the field to play against them, and it's not right that a coach or AD makes that descision for my daughter. I don't have a problem with the idea of girls wearing helmets HARD OR SOFT, but it has to be all the girls from both teams wearing them or nobody wears them. It puts extreme risk on the girls and is a lawsuit waiting to happen. If my daughter gets put in that position and gets hurt, I will Certainly be looking into the lawsuit.

"looking into a lawsuit" its people like you that are forcing helmets what a tool

You would be the tool to let your daughter play against the team that showed up all wearing helmets.

Yeah, so?? How does playing a team in helmets make it more dangerous for girls who are not wearing them? The rules are still the same.

Cmon really. Helmets will allow offensive players to charge into defenders even more than they do now. Any equipment that 1 team has that another doesn't is an advantage. The helmet thing is a total money grab by the manufacturer. I'm still wondering the purpose of using a helmet.

How exactly does a lacrosse player charge head first?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watch a game numnuts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK this person can't be that dumb? If one person is wearing head protection and is in any way in a situation where there might be contact to the head, that person is less likly to to take a defensive act because they feel protected, and will take a more aggressive approach. A person not wearing a helmet will be naturally afraid of an injury and try to protect themselves. To say the rules are still the rules is ignorent at best. Two girls going for a ball are more likely to bump heads, or take an elbow to the head, or trip and fall and maybe smack their head on the ground, non of which is governed by a rule. A girl with a helmet will no longer have that fear, and she will not pull up. Anyone that needs to be told this obviously never played a sport, especially one where contact is common

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Let's all remember that helmets in no way protect against concussions. Skull fractures and head wounds, yes. Concussions, no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the speed the ball is traveling now given the equipment and the strength of the girls, helmets should be considered. I have not wanted it, but some of the shots are scary now. At the collegiate level, someone is going to be seriously injured/killed. I hope it doesn't take that for things to change. Forget concussions, it is too hard to enforce shooting space w the athleticism and speed w which the women's game is now played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know of any player killed or seriously injured playing lacrosse! Do t play if your scared to get hurt! We won't miss ya

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know of any player killed or seriously injured playing lacrosse! Do t play if your scared to get hurt! We won't miss ya

This is an untrue statement, I wont go into details, but Long Island had lost one boy several years ago from a ball strike (to the chest). His death caused many school districts to mandate AED's. And there have been several serious injuries in girls lax, you are just too narrow minded, because it never happened in "your world" so in you mind it doesn't exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is an untrue statement, I wont go into details, but Long Island had lost one boy several years ago from a ball strike (to the chest). His death caused many school districts to mandate AED's. And there have been several serious injuries in girls lax, you are just too narrow minded, because it never happened in "your world" so in you mind it doesn't exist.

That was a freak accident, happens in baseball much more often and they don't wear much protection, if any. If your scared of getting injured, don't play! Sports. There are safe video game versions for your daughter. Oh and a soft helmet is not protecting much at all, especially the chest, making your comment irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was a freak accident, happens in baseball much more often and they don't wear much protection, if any. If your scared of getting injured, don't play! Sports. There are safe video game versions for your daughter. Oh and a soft helmet is not protecting much at all, especially the chest, making your comment irrelevant.

Hey dad, re-read you answer and come back and post that you are sorry for being a [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
terrible coaching, terrible parents and the girls just being out of control is what is going to lead to helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you've never heard about anyone being severely injured, please google Scott DeVerna Wantagh. Then get back to me. THINK BEFORE YOU POST, JERK!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you've never heard about anyone being severely injured, please google Scott DeVerna Wantagh. Then get back to me. THINK BEFORE YOU POST, JERK!!!

Over the years I have witnessed three different girls at three different tournaments get airlifted off the field. (All travel Summer games) . One girl was back on the sidelines later in the day, the other two I do not know the outcome, but suffice to say there is a fair amount of danger that comes along with the sport, like most all sports. Not sure if helmets are the answer but definitely a team wearing helmets should not be allowed to play a team not wearing them. Ask a NFL team to play without helmets. I cringe watching a guy lose his helmet and still actively perusing a play. And yes there is less contact to be expected with girls lax but strap a helmet on a girl and watch how wreckless she would become going in a pile after a ground ball. Can't let that happen against a girl with no helmet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over the years I have witnessed three different girls at three different tournaments get airlifted off the field. (All travel Summer games) . One girl was back on the sidelines later in the day, the other two I do not know the outcome, but suffice to say there is a fair amount of danger that comes along with the sport, like most all sports. Not sure if helmets are the answer but definitely a team wearing helmets should not be allowed to play a team not wearing them. Ask a NFL team to play without helmets. I cringe watching a guy lose his helmet and still actively perusing a play. And yes there is less contact to be expected with girls lax but strap a helmet on a girl and watch how wreckless she would become going in a pile after a ground ball. Can't let that happen against a girl with no helmet.

There are rules written to protect the players but refs don't enforce. That is the danger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen girls helicoptered off the field as well, but all were leg injuries, not head ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very difficult to decipher what the rules are from this site and from looking at US lacrosse site because the athletic directors told the coach the board of ed can make rules above the head of NYHSAA and US Lacrosse. There must be a person in charge of officiating that can help- can a school board supersede? Who is in charge? How can it be mandated if it's not officially part of the uniform? Is there a nysed person that can help? We know the "headgear" meets whatever standards there is which is bizarre because it a hard helmet, but how can ONE school district mandate it be worn if it's NOT considered part of the uniform? What about lice and ticks? The whole thing is just wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen girls helicoptered off the field as well, but all were leg injuries, not head ...

"Helicoptered" off the field for a torn ACL? Only life threatening injuries are "helicoptered" off of anywhere. I'm calling Bullsh-t on that one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Helicoptered" off the field for a torn ACL? Only life threatening injuries are "helicoptered" off of anywhere. I'm calling Bullsh-t on that one

One was a spiral fracture and the other was a compound fracture

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One was a spiral fracture and the other was a compound fracture

The three I witnessed were all head and neck injuries.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What school will LI's top scorer come from this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk county will represent! We win games and don't care by how many

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guaranteed it will be a Nassau girl that plays for an above average team that is not in the super conference where all the competition is weak at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What school will LI's top scorer come from this year?

Def middle country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The safety calls aren't being made frequently or consistently enough (at least on LI) which has coaches and kids pushing the envelope and its really becoming dangerous. It doesn't help that the LI club scene silently condones the rough play all summer. If we don't go to progressive fouls or stricter officiating HELMETS ARE COMING.

Ok... so how will helmets help. You just confirmed the point that officiating is terrible...so how will helmets change that. In fact helmets will make bad officiating worse since hits to head will now be called less frequently and offensive players will use helmets to their advantage. Bad idea...bad policy.

We live in a litigious society. Why do they keep messing with the football rules? Because of lawsuits. TERRIBLE OFFICIATING in girls lax is going to lead us to helmets. The rules are not properly enforced I think we can all agree on that. And since they aren't enforced, the players and coaches keep pushing the boundries

exactly right. the rulebook is not even close to followed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guaranteed it will be a Nassau girl that plays for an above average team that is not in the super conference where all the competition is weak at best.

woop-de-doo. who the h cares? its a team game yah steak heads..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
had the same argument with a buddy last week. Helmets are a terrible idea for the sport. I do agree with the money grab angle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a novel alternative to using club lax to get recruited: Go juco for a year or two. Here's my reasoning: Over seven summers of club lax we estimated that we spent over $30k for club lax. Dues, travel, swag, etc. After all that, my daughter received $11k a year at a D1 school. She wound up not liking it and transferred to a juco. She's playing at the juco, on a good team, for $4k per year. There are already some 4 year schools that knows she will be available soon. As I see it, that's a huge monetary difference. She still gets to play lax for reduced tuition and still gets a 4 year degree after she transfers. Some of the better jucos scrimmage NCAA D1, 2 and teams and some NAIA teams, and sometimes beat them handily. There is no wlax pro league. No big payout in the end. Do the math.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The safety calls aren't being made frequently or consistently enough (at least on LI) which has coaches and kids pushing the envelope and its really becoming dangerous. It doesn't help that the LI club scene silently condones the rough play all summer. If we don't go to progressive fouls or stricter officiating HELMETS ARE COMING.

Ok... so how will helmets help. You just confirmed the point that officiating is terrible...so how will helmets change that. In fact helmets will make bad officiating worse since hits to head will now be called less frequently and offensive players will use helmets to their advantage. Bad idea...bad policy.

We live in a litigious society. Why do they keep messing with the football rules? Because of lawsuits. TERRIBLE OFFICIATING in girls lax is going to lead us to helmets. The rules are not properly enforced I think we can all agree on that. And since they aren't enforced, the players and coaches keep pushing the boundries

Soccer, gymnastics, cheer have higher rates of injuries. Lax isn't even close. Stop with the sky is falling liberal nonsense and let the girls play. Tighten up officiating to prevent offensive girls from charging into defenders and enforce stick to body play. The helmets are not "helmets". They are soft protective headgear. Get informed!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a novel alternative to using club lax to get recruited: Go juco for a year or two. Here's my reasoning: Over seven summers of club lax we estimated that we spent over $30k for club lax. Dues, travel, swag, etc. After all that, my daughter received $11k a year at a D1 school. She wound up not liking it and transferred to a juco. She's playing at the juco, on a good team, for $4k per year. There are already some 4 year schools that knows she will be available soon. As I see it, that's a huge monetary difference. She still gets to play lax for reduced tuition and still gets a 4 year degree after she transfers. Some of the better jucos scrimmage NCAA D1, 2 and teams and some NAIA teams, and sometimes beat them handily. There is no wlax pro league. No big payout in the end. Do the math.

Juco has always been a great idea for all kids (academic kids also) 2 years on the cheap, then much easier to get into colleges that wouldn't have accepted you out of HS but will as a transfer. Its a status thing. Athletes and most academic kids don't want that 2 year thing they look down upon it (I bet they wouldn't if these kids were paying their own way) but they know that mommy and daddy have been driving them to Maryland every summer weekend since Kindergarten so Mommy and Daddy will surely pay for a 4 year school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soccer, gymnastics, cheer have higher rates of injuries. Lax isn't even close. Stop with the sky is falling liberal nonsense and let the girls play. Tighten up officiating to prevent offensive girls from charging into defenders and enforce stick to body play. The helmets are not "helmets". They are soft protective headgear. Get informed!!!

yes, same as what you just said, call the rulebook and we don't need the helmets.. did you get bumped in the head????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Juco has always been a great idea for all kids (academic kids also) 2 years on the cheap, then much easier to get into colleges that wouldn't have accepted you out of HS but will as a transfer. Its a status thing. Athletes and most academic kids don't want that 2 year thing they look down upon it (I bet they wouldn't if these kids were paying their own way) but they know that mommy and daddy have been driving them to Maryland every summer weekend since Kindergarten so Mommy and Daddy will surely pay for a 4 year school

That sounds good...what are some of the good jucos?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Monroe CC, Onondaga CC, Anne Arundel CC, Harford CC, Howard CC. Monroe hasn't lost a game in four years. Unfortunately there are not many juco programs. It would be nice if more community colleges sponsored wlax and it would be nice for some of the huge number of the west coast jucos to jump on board. I saw that Monroe scrimmaged Grand Valley State, Michigan, Quinnipiac and Rochester (not sure of the results), and Anne Arundel scrimmaged NAIA Tennessee Wesleyan, D3 Berry College, D2 Bloomsburg and D3 Lycoming. From what I was told, Anne Arundel beat Tenn Wesleyan by 10, and lost the other three by a combined 8 goals (I know one of the parents). So, there is some good lax played at some the jucos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Monroe CC, Onondaga CC, Anne Arundel CC, Harford CC, Howard CC. Monroe hasn't lost a game in four years. Unfortunately there are not many juco programs. It would be nice if more community colleges sponsored wlax and it would be nice for some of the huge number of the west coast jucos to jump on board. I saw that Monroe scrimmaged Grand Valley State, Michigan, Quinnipiac and Rochester (not sure of the results), and Anne Arundel scrimmaged NAIA Tennessee Wesleyan, D3 Berry College, D2 Bloomsburg and D3 Lycoming. From what I was told, Anne Arundel beat Tenn Wesleyan by 10, and lost the other three by a combined 8 goals (I know one of the parents). So, there is some good lax played at some the jucos.

I would like to know what school those girls from juices move on to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like to know what school those girls from juices move on to.

That's probably a little harder to tell. I have seen some transfer info on a couple of the schools websites. It's mix of mid-level D1 then, of course D2 and D3. There probably aren't any juco girls on any of the top 30 or so ranked lax teams, but of course, the VAST majority of wlax players don't play on any those teams either. On the Monroe CC athletics page is a headline about a former Tribune that now plays for Winthrop. Anne Arundel has a former player at D3 power Salisbury, and Anne Arundel has a section where they list their alumni transfers. Lots of D2 and D3 players. Maybe more jucos have a similar list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The starting goalie at D1 Butler is a former Harford CC player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone want to discuss D2 advantages/experience/insight ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of the 9 Soph. that made AA in juco last year, I could only find 3 on a current college roster with a google search. If AA are not finding roster spots after juco I am not sure how many others are either. But I agree Juco should be a viable option for girls that want to play lax after HS.

Butler
Colorado
Brockport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

woop-de-doo. who the h cares? its a team game yah steak heads..

Guaranteed it comes from a summer club coaches team. Worst sportsmanship and they love for their studs to run it it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of the 9 Soph. that made AA in juco last year, I could only find 3 on a current college roster with a google search. If AA are not finding roster spots after juco I am not sure how many others are either. But I agree Juco should be a viable option for girls that want to play lax after HS.

Butler
Colorado
Brockport

What about the former Anne Arundel player that is now at Salisbury, or was she maybe a freshman at juco then transfer? I think her last name is Draper. I think transferring after juco freshman year is a good idea too. And, one of the big problems with juco is that there are not many programs available. If more juco schools sponsored it, then obviously more girls would play, and more would move on to 4 year schools. I like the concept of juco for some players, especially ones who maybe can't afford the high price of attending a 4 year school. Like was said above, play high school ball and skip club and attend a juco. Huge monetary savings for mom and dad. I think this idea needs more support.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 214 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard