BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 144 1 2 3 143 144
Long Island Express Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Discussion thread for community members interested in the Long Island Express including club information, coaching, teams, tournaments, and game play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
On the Express web site, the girls side is showing weekend tournaments on a per player basis of $200-$225. Is this standard to pay for a tournament registration per player? (This seems like a very expensive price compared to $800 per team in soccer.) What do you expect to pay per tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Entry fees vary but Express is in this BUISNESS to make a buck you can figure they are laying out anywhere from 800.00 to 1500.00 to register a team. You can check showcase website to get correct fees. As you can see if you carry 20 on a roster you more than cover the entry fees.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Entry fees vary but Express is in this BUISNESS to make a buck you can figure they are laying out anywhere from 800.00 to 1500.00 to register a team. You can check showcase website to get correct fees. As you can see if you carry 20 on a roster you more than cover the entry fees.

As much as all these clubs may help your daughter the bottom line is money, they are running a business. They will all keep charging high fees as long as we pay.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
They announced the boys 2014 team last night. They have four teams, that I have heard of. Orange ,Blue, White, and Gray..
Catholic school guys are cleaning up off a parent pipe dream. Some good Christians, lol

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Express ran a BS Thanksgiving tournament. 75 dollars per kid. The team had 28 kids on it. Last one for my son.
The only good thing was we were not in the 4th grade bracket. They played 6th graders for five minutes and the game was stopped. What a joke!!! They express guys are thankful that we keep giving.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by laxfan14
Express ran a BS Thanksgiving tournament. 75 dollars per kid. The team had 28 kids on it. Last one for my son.
The only good thing was we were not in the 4th grade bracket. They played 6th graders for five minutes and the game was stopped. What a joke!!! They express guys are thankful that we keep giving.
Doing a quick calculation, LaxFan14, are you telling us that this tournament cost $75.00 x 28 Players for a grand total of $2100.00 for the entry fee?

That is an incredibly high price. How much playing time was guaranteed against that entry fee? Please share the details.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The tournament fee was advertised at $750 per team. The checks for each participating team were to be made payable to a director of the express. He ran the tournament, so who knows what he paid per team. His costs were the referees. 2 refs per game at $50-60 per game. At 3 games, that's gouging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tournament fee was advertised at $750 per team. The checks for each participating team were to be made payable to a director of the express. He ran the tournament, so who knows what he paid per team. His costs were the referees. 2 refs per game at $50-60 per game. At 3 games, that's gouging.

Welcome to the world of youth Lacrosse on Long Island, Boys or Girls it does not matter. All these club teams gouge and as long as we pay they are going to take our money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your looking for a Lacrosse Club with reasonable rates check out Park Lacrosse at parklacrosse.net. This is a new travel venture that is here for the players and their families. Check it out this summers rates are $675.00 per player includes 4 tournaments, sublimated uniforms, quality coaching, 8-10 practices. Preseason practices and goalie training for an additional modest fee.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Refreshing the Long Island Express Lacrosse discussion thread based on requests here on the main message board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as all these clubs may help your daughter the bottom line is money, they are running a business. They will all keep charging high fees as long as we pay.

We have a winner folks. Express seems to travel a little more than most which may explain some of the extra $$$ for the registration. There are less expensive teams that give more in way of equipment, uniforms, etc. You really need to look around and see what fits you and your child the best as far as travel, commitment and the talent level you will be facing at the tournaments each team goes to. The Express may have the most name recoginition right now but there are teams who are building programs and are currently mathcing and exceeding the Express teams talent wise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree it depends on what u want for your child. For example, my son is the goalie for another organization and staight from the coaches, the team is built around him and so far we have won a few tourneys but he gets next to no training or direct practice time so we have decided after this season to start looking around for more serious organizations for him. For most of these groups, the practices revovle around running plays, next to no drills or training and just being prepped for the tournaments so minimal growth for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
what does extra travel have to do with the higher fees. they charge more to make more. The express orange teams are the only teams that are worth the money. If you play for blue, white, or any other color you are just making a donation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what does extra travel have to do with the higher fees. they charge more to make more. The express orange teams are the only teams that are worth the money. If you play for blue, white, or any other color you are just making a donation.

I assume they are paying the coaches hotel rooms and maybe some travel fees when playing out of town. That's a cost you don't have when playing on the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they let you know what team you will be assigned to before you make the $$$ commitment? I assume not, otherwise parents may not pay to be on a B or C squad.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I was talking with an Express mom who is pretty satisfied with the team. But she says it all depends on if your coach is good. Her daughter's coach is all about fundamentals and this mom likes that. She said there is also little dead wood on the team, girls from last year's team were cut in favor of new girls with more talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
I was talking with an Express mom who is pretty satisfied with the team. But she says it all depends on if your coach is good. Her daughter's coach is all about fundamentals and this mom likes that. She said there is also little dead wood on the team, girls from last year's team were cut in favor of new girls with more talent.

Powderfinger,

I think the coach will play a large majority in how happy you are with a team. Doesn't matter what team your daughter plays for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son plays for another organization and i've been speaking with the heads of express and i am definitely impressed with what i have heard. Mind you they are all about selling and making more money, but they were very straight forward. We are not moving for more playing time but for better coaching and practicing. I was amazed when i was told the express teams have been practicing since November which my sons organization hasn't done. Granted we have won a few tournaments already, but when you are 10/11, does it really matter in the grand scheme especially if you are playing subpar teams. I would rather lose every tourey, but be part of something that is giving me my money's worth, ie. practices, instruction and coaching.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Re: coaching makes the team.

So agree. What I don't like is that, in my experience, there is no guarantee as to your coach when you sign up for a program. As far as I can see, it's luck of the draw no matter what promises are made up front across all the lax programs. Very frustrating.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Like i said earlier, if your not on the orange team you are out. The orange teams have the better coaches. The directors, who are proven hs coaches, coach the orange teams, with the help of a Catholic School bound kids dad. Every other color team is there to line the directors pockets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
totally agreed.
so this year, we will do a good number of tryouts and see what falls out. i spoke to one of the directors recently who invited us down to workout with them in the coming weeks but of course said initially we will work with the blue squad. this after i finished telling him my son has blanked the blue squad every time we have played them and i am not leaving one "B" unit for another. Will see what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info on the girls side?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info on the girls side?

YJ 15 Blue team spanked their Express 15 girls team. The team used to be a powerhouse but are slowly crumbling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What B team are you on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who r u asking? which post?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever hear of "Buyer Beware"? The directors will tell you a lot of wonderful things, but take it from someone who has been through it - you pay for EVERYTHING tenfold! The orange teams might begin practicing earlier, but the others play winter leagues/tournaments which they charge ridiculous amounts of money for. Your child is young - you'll see how it unfolds. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
starting to think you are right. I think after alot of discussion, we might just look at a few of the other organizations out there, worry less about all the high level tourneys, and spend more money on individual training, which none of the groups really offer for a goalie, that is for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what they're talking about in the Team 91 thread? Why were we not given the opportunity to have our kids try out for this team if the Express is running it. Are they trying to get players from other teams and force the one who are playing this year out?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Express is looking to get the best players that they can. They are running a business. They will show loyalty by letting returning players move to the blue team and giving players from team 91 the spots on orange.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How many kids are they adding from other clubs to the 2014 team that is going to florida this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This is the field for the Under-15 National Championship being held from July 22nd-24th at ESPN/Wide World of Sports in Florida. Local representation from the Long Island Express, Long Island Jesters, and For the Love of the Game.

Atlanta Coyotes
Blue Chips
C2C Black
Carolina Cyclones
DH Lax Elite
Dukes HHH LC
FCA
FL Swashbucklers
For the Love of the Game
Force Lacrosse
Houligans
Illinois United
Jacksonville
Las Vegas Headwrapz
LI Express
LI Jesters
MD Lcrosse Club
Next Level (MD)
Next Level (RI)
NESLL
Norcal Titans
Norcal Blue
Team Colorado
True Lacrosse
TTL Select
Utah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will show loyalty by letting returning players move to the blue team and giving players from team 91 the spots on orange.

It's not just 91. It's kids from fl$, Raiders, etc. And that's not loyalty, it's a slap in the face.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing one town club outraged by a father helping to orchestrate. Evidently not the first run-in between club and this father. Town club also run by HS varsity coach so will be interesting to see if any repurcusions down the road..ugh..as the youth lax world turns.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Boys rosters for the U15 National Championship

Boys U15 National Championshjp Rosters

From New [lacrosse], this covers the Long Island Express (hence in this thread), but also the Long Island Jesters and For the the Love of the Game players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 91?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
would have been nice to know your kids were playing in Balt this weekend and not playing for their own team..... can you say Loyalty! ,,,,roster had to be in July 1st....the ME generation takes over once again...lets see what HS teams are there at the end........I need middies to get MY son the Ball.....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
U/15 Boys National Championship Seedings/Brackets

#1 Long Island Express
#5 For the Love of the Game
#14 Long Island Jesters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Substantial lightning and bad weather basically undermined the whole tournament. Seedings are basically done on half-results (two group play games, some shortened). With 27 teams involved, the top five seeds received the byes.

1. Long Island Express (2-0) 1 GA (+16 differential)
2. Nor Cal Talons (2-0) 1 GA (+13 differential)
3. Maryland LC (2-0) 2 GA
4. Force Lacrosse (2-0) 3 GA (+10 differential)
5. For the Love of the Game (2-0) 3 GA (+9 differential)
6. NESLL (2-0) 3 GA (+6 differential)
7. Carolina Cyclones (2-0) 4 GA
8. Next Level MD (2-0) 5 GA (+14 differential)
9. FCA (2-0) 5 GA (+9 differential)
10. Colorado (1-1) 5 GA (+5 differential), won coin flip
11. DH Lax Elite (1-1) 5 GA (+5 differential)
12. Vegas Headwrapz (1-1) 7 GA
13. True Lacrosse (1-1) 8 GA
14. Long Island Jesters (1-1) 9 GA
15. Dukes HHH LC (1-1) 10 GA (-4 differential)
16. Nor Cal Blue (1-1) 10 GA (-5 differential)
17. C2C Black (1-1) 11 GA
18. Blue Chips (0-1-1) 15 GA
19. Houlaguns (0-1-1) 23 GA
20. Next Level RI (0-2) 12 GA (-5 differential)
21. Jacksonville (0-2) 12 GA (-8 differential)
22. Atlanta Coyotes (0-2) 14 GA (-8 differential)
23. Utah (0-2) 14 GA (-12 differential)
24. Illinois United (0-2) 14 GA (-13 differential)
25. TTL Select (0-2) 18 GA (-12 differential)
26. Florida Swashbucklers (0-2) 18 GA (-16 differential)
27. Stickhead (0-2) 22 GA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Best of the Beach - Report on Girls 2016 group ... Heros 2016 tied the Express in the finals after a 3-3 championship (25 minutes with no halftime) and a scoreless Brave Heart. Heros 2016 went 4-0 in the Red Pool, beating LI Express 9-8 Friday morning and beating Suffolk County 3-2 Saturday afternoon. LI Express (2nd in Red Pool as they also beat Suffolk) beat LI Top Guns in a very close semifinal after Top Guns won their group.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 144 1 2 3 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard