BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,292
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 86 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Madlax 2020 team that was in the fl$/3D event in Delaware should not have been entered. It was useless for them and the teams that played against them. Their parents should get half of their money back for whatever they paid to be on that team. Complete cash grab.

Welcome to Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is there anything they can do to make you happy.

Do it like every other Showcase. Make it just one day and make the people pay for just 1 day like everyone else.

Stop gauging people to pay for 2 days when the 2nd day is a complete waste of time and money. But there are always new people to recruiting and they get suckered into paying for the 2nd day.

Ok I hear what you are saying. But lets do this. The team tournament on Sunday is 100% legit and will be packed with coaches. I agree they are there to see the Hill, Landon, or the other top high school teams playing. But I have been to these other "recruiting tournaments and seen 1 or less coaches on some of the games sidelines. So with this being said if when these two teams from Sat play on Sunday. Someone please count the number of coaches on the sideline. So in your opinion how many coaches on the sideline would be worth you paying the 100$ to play on this Sunday with a Showcase team. To me if 5 coaches or more on on the sideline it is worth the money if their is less then 5 for this game please come back on here and bash away and I will agree with you.

Different guy, but our team ten was near the field where the Showcase teams were playing. I looked over several times and didn't see a single college cosch on the sidelines at that field. Not one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is there anything they can do to make you happy.

Do it like every other Showcase. Make it just one day and make the people pay for just 1 day like everyone else.

Stop gauging people to pay for 2 days when the 2nd day is a complete waste of time and money. But there are always new people to recruiting and they get suckered into paying for the 2nd day.

Ok I hear what you are saying. But lets do this. The team tournament on Sunday is 100% legit and will be packed with coaches. I agree they are there to see the Hill, Landon, or the other top high school teams playing. But I have been to these other "recruiting tournaments and seen 1 or less coaches on some of the games sidelines. So with this being said if when these two teams from Sat play on Sunday. Someone please count the number of coaches on the sideline. So in your opinion how many coaches on the sideline would be worth you paying the 100$ to play on this Sunday with a Showcase team. To me if 5 coaches or more on on the sideline it is worth the money if their is less then 5 for this game please come back on here and bash away and I will agree with you.

Different guy, but our team ten was near the field where the Showcase teams were playing. I looked over several times and didn't see a single college cosch on the sidelines at that field. Not one.

Well if anyone can second this then it was not worth the money. Can you answer how many college coaches you did see? I had a feeling it would be hard for this group to be seen with the level of high school teams playing in this tournament it had to be hard for them to miss any of these other games to watch that group. But I would love to hear what everyone thought about the Sat. showcase. I felt like the talent and games where all equal and great. They had a high number of coaches watching every game. With only two fields and 16 coaches coaching the 8 teams plus the others not coaching the looks where there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played on Sunday in the East Coast tournament at Landon with his school. I saw a small handful of college coaches present, but not at every game, and no more than 6 at any game. Contrast this with the NXT Boys Philly Showcase the day before that my son attended: Wall-to-wall coaches--often head coaches--lined up on the sidelines from most top D1 programs and many top D3 programs. There is no comparison in terms of exposure and NXT runs a very well-organized tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played on Sunday in the East Coast tournament at Landon with his school. I saw a small handful of college coaches present, but not at every game, and no more than 6 at any game. Contrast this with the NXT Boys Philly Showcase the day before that my son attended: Wall-to-wall coaches--often head coaches--lined up on the sidelines from most top D1 programs and many top D3 programs. There is no comparison in terms of exposure and NXT runs a very well-organized tournament.

Well this is very interesting. t=This Sunday event at Landon could not of had better high school Lacrosse teams all in one place. And the coaches were their but not in masses. But a showcase with individual players playing in a showcase format had wall to wall coaches. What does this tell us about the college coaches and the way they look for and find players? I say this tells us they really do care less about if your son is a team player. They want to see him showoff and display his size,speed and stick skills. They must know that in a team format a player could look better then he really is. And most coaches are cocky and think they can make any kid into a smart/team player. Does this information tell us picking the best club team is more important or less. Because this is a showcase the best players got invited because they played for the better clubs or the game tape they sent impressed? Would love to know others thoughts on this topic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well this is very interesting. t=This Sunday event at Landon could not of had better high school Lacrosse teams all in one place. And the coaches were their but not in masses. But a showcase with individual players playing in a showcase format had wall to wall coaches. What does this tell us about the college coaches and the way they look for and find players? I say this tells us they really do care less about if your son is a team player. They want to see him showoff and display his size,speed and stick skills. They must know that in a team format a player could look better then he really is. And most coaches are cocky and think they can make any kid into a smart/team player. Does this information tell us picking the best club team is more important or less. Because this is a showcase the best players got invited because they played for the better clubs or the game tape they sent impressed? Would love to know others thoughts on this topic.

If you think coaches don't care how guys play in a team setting, you really are delusional.

The Madlax event had several very excellent teams in attendance, but it pales in comparison to the NHSLS. Half the teams at the Madlax event on Sunday got pummeled and were not competitive.

We stopped by on Sunday to see a son's friend play at Landon. It was not packed. Besides the assistant college coaches who were paid to coach teams, there were very few coaches watching.

Bad weekend as all the coaches were up in Philly. And we heard there were even fewer coaches on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think coaches don't care how guys play in a team setting, you really are delusional.

The Madlax event had several very excellent teams in attendance, but it pales in comparison to the NHSLS. Half the teams at the Madlax event on Sunday got pummeled and were not competitive.

We stopped by on Sunday to see a son's friend play at Landon. It was not packed. Besides the assistant college coaches who were paid to coach teams, there were very few coaches watching.

Bad weekend as all the coaches were up in Philly. And we heard there were even fewer coaches on Sunday.

Well please tell me why the coaches chose to attend a showcase format event and not attend a top tier team high school event?
You can say the NHSLS was better but this Madlax event had to be the 2nd best high school team event of the fall hands down. So why did the coaches not show up to this event in high numbers? What conclusion should I take from this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well please tell me why the coaches chose to attend a showcase format event and not attend a top tier team high school event?
You can say the NHSLS was better but this Madlax event had to be the 2nd best high school team event of the fall hands down. So why did the coaches not show up to this event in high numbers? What conclusion should I take from this?

I'd say most of the top D1 coaches were at the Philly event. No joke, it was packed, especially for the all star games with ~100+ coaches lining both side lines. NXT announced that over 150 coaches were at the Philly event. NXT will publish a list of coaches. Take a look at the rosters from the Landon showcase events, filled mostly with B level players and many of the Madlax 2020 players who were probably forced to participate because its a Madlax event. Too bad for them, they really missed out by not going to Philly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to my friend, Saturday's event wasn't much better. That weekend - Saturday and Sunday - has been taken over by the Philly Showcase on Saturday and the Philly Team Invitational on Sunday. All the coaches go to that event now. Nothing else is going to draw coaches except for a few schools (mostly D3) that are located near the event. NLF had some, but not a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to my friend, Saturday's event wasn't much better. That weekend - Saturday and Sunday - has been taken over by the Philly Showcase on Saturday and the Philly Team Invitational on Sunday. All the coaches go to that event now. Nothing else is going to draw coaches except for a few schools (mostly D3) that are located near the event. NLF had some, but not a lot.

Ok so who ran the Philly showcase and what is their summer event? Will this event be the place to be? Please list the summer hot spots for this summer coming up so we all know before hand not after the fact like this fall.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Summer Showcase, Crab Feast, Under Armour, Naptown Classic, MD young guns. If you teams are playing there - your kid will get seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Summer Showcase, Crab Feast, Under Armour, Naptown Classic, MD young guns. If you teams are playing there - your kid will get seen.

So these are all team based events? What about individual showcase style events? But thank you for the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need to include NLF on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So these are all team based events? What about individual showcase style events? But thank you for the list.

The best summer showcases are Under Armour and Nike Jake Reed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed is declining, especially because of the break with 3d. Showtime is much more important than Jake Reed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like the fall event, the Philly Summer version is both and Individual Showcase followed by a Team Invitational, all in one weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed is declining, especially because of the break with 3d. Showtime is much more important than Jake Reed.

Jake Reed used to take 3 weeks and include 5 fields at UMBC. Now they are down to 2 fields and only 2 weeks.

Too many other options for "showcases". Costs to lure college coaches to events getting higher.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jake Reed used to take 3 weeks and include 5 fields at UMBC. Now they are down to 2 fields and only 2 weeks.

Too many other options for "showcases". Costs to lure college coaches to events getting higher.
Big 4HHH is a good event June 17-18 as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax put profits ahead of kids? Say it isn't so!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree on the tournaments you suggest, including Big 4. The early Adrenaline event is very good as well. Under Armour is a great event, especially for the price. I did not think that the summer NXT event in Downingtown was that impressive. Not remotely close the the fall event. The summer event is late and the quality of teams is lower (most teams have shut down at that point). I have no experience with the MD Young Guns event.

Question, is Freestate still considered a good event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree on the tournaments you suggest, including Big 4. The early Adrenaline event is very good as well. Under Armour is a great event, especially for the price. I did not think that the summer NXT event in Downingtown was that impressive. Not remotely close the the fall event. The summer event is late and the quality of teams is lower (most teams have shut down at that point). I have no experience with the MD Young Guns event.

Question, is Freestate still considered a good event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You put you ego ahead of player's welfare? Say it isn't so, Trig!

How's the job search? Did you expand the geography to find a HS that doesn't know you, or is it Texas again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How's the job search? Did you expand the geography to find a HS that doesn't know you, or is it Texas again?

Bizarre that anytime somebody mentions Madlax, you feel compelled to mention Trig. As if mentioning one lousy guy negates the other lousy guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bizarre that anytime somebody mentions Madlax, you feel compelled to mention Trig. As if mentioning one lousy guy negates the other lousy guy.

I think 2 lousy guys is still 2 lousy guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's universally known that Madlax parents are the most obnoxious, but the Looney's parents on this forum are gunning for the #1 ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Greasy Madlax Mom taken?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Greasy Madlax Mom taken?

She's married to Sweet Perm Guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cool. Thanx for the heads up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost every Madlax kid that commits is a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is a rip-off bottom line...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

90% of the kids in NOVA who commit to a D1 school plays for or has played for Madlax at some time in their life. Its fun to do every time you see a kid commit just google his name and put Madlax next to it and the roster and year/team will pop up. As for the cost. I will set this straight if you play for Madlax you will pay 1k to $1500 more compared to all other clubs per year. You will have the chance to play in 25% more games/practices or more compared to the other clubs. And if you are on the top Capital team you will play for a top 5 or 15 and at worst top 25 team in the country no matter the year. And just to point this out the parents are mostly big wig rich folk from private schools so to say the parents are bad fans is very far off. I find the parents need to cheer/yell more. Madlax as a whole plays a skill game and I never see any of the teams look for or bank on big hits to win games. Just my thoughts as a long time Madlax Mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you trying to tell me that every kid on the Madlax 2020 team is going to play for a top 25 D1 team? I want some of what you are smoking. Even after the Episcopal holdbacks and other out of town kids they added, the team is still average per the Fall Results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

90% of the kids in NOVA who commit to a D1 school plays for or has played for Madlax at some time in their life. Its fun to do every time you see a kid commit just google his name and put Madlax next to it and the roster and year/team will pop up. As for the cost. I will set this straight if you play for Madlax you will pay 1k to $1500 more compared to all other clubs per year. You will have the chance to play in 25% more games/practices or more compared to the other clubs. And if you are on the top Capital team you will play for a top 5 or 15 and at worst top 25 team in the country no matter the year. And just to point this out the parents are mostly big wig rich folk from private schools so to say the parents are bad fans is very far off. I find the parents need to cheer/yell more. Madlax as a whole plays a skill game and I never see any of the teams look for or bank on big hits to win games. Just my thoughts as a long time Madlax Mom

You're not fooling anybody.

1. You are not a mom, you're the psycho dad who used to post here all the time.

2. You are not physiologically a woman (though you do act like a b***h.)

3. 90% of the NOVA commits did not play for Madlax at one time. Not even close.

4. You are the only one who would ever rush to the PC and type a kids name and Madlax. You are a total creep.

5. There is a reason why most of Madlax's top kids leave for BW, Crabs and VLC when they hit HS. Their parents either realize that kids play in plenty of enough club, HS and individual events that they don't need to pay 2x the cost of other clubs. The rest have fed up with the owner's BS.

6. You actually said that the parents are mostly big wig (sic) rich folk so there they aren't "bad fans". LOL.

Why kind of creep tries to convince people he's a Mom. Freak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Trig is out of rehab

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Trig is out of rehab

My son graduated years ago, but I would much rather him play for Trig than this whackjob.

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trig out of Rehab?? Ungrateful quitter Coach?? Whats next?? what is going on in DMV ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's what going on:

Madlax sent their 11th and best 10th grade team to the NXT tournament and the team went 0-3-1, outscored 43-27.

Madlax sent their 9th/10th team to a tournament in OHIO, put them in the B bracket and the team went 0-4, outscored 45-24.

Madlax sent their 7th/8th team to the same tournament in OHIO and they went 1-3. Team was outscored 34-13 (winning their only game by 1 goal).

Those 3 teams went a combined 1-10-1 and was outscored 122-64. At Madlax's own tournament last month, they went 7-5 103-98.

Madlax charges $1275 for this experience as says their box program is one of the strongest in the US.

Wow. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's what going on:

Madlax sent their 11th and best 10th grade team to the NXT tournament and the team went 0-3-1, outscored 43-27.

Madlax sent their 9th/10th team to a tournament in OHIO, put them in the B bracket and the team went 0-4, outscored 45-24.

Madlax sent their 7th/8th team to the same tournament in OHIO and they went 1-3. Team was outscored 34-13 (winning their only game by 1 goal).

Those 3 teams went a combined 1-10-1 and was outscored 122-64. At Madlax's own tournament last month, they went 7-5 103-98.

Madlax charges $1275 for this experience as says their box program is one of the strongest in the US.

Wow. LOL.

You just posted Box Records? This is just for extra stick time for kids who can not play to much lacrosse. Read the names on these roster and compare them to the Summer rosters not the same names.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you trying to tell me that every kid on the Madlax 2020 team is going to play for a top 25 D1 team? I want some of what you are smoking. Even after the Episcopal holdbacks and other out of town kids they added, the team is still average per the Fall Results.

I am not the best with the written word but your reading comprehension is really bad. I never said all Madlax players go D1. I said most of the kids who go D1 have played for a Madlax team at some time in their life. And the other guy did catch me I am not a MOM I just added that to the end to see people lose their minds. So much fun to poke people to see them jump.

Like Reply Quote
Page 65 of 86 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard