BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
o.k. so...not a regular reader of a newspaper. do you use Google? its a new invention you can use if you want to bypass BOTC for news or info.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
o.k. so...not a regular reader of a newspaper. do you use Google? its a new invention you can use if you want to bypass BOTC for news or info.

You're a rude little man. A question was asked and you responded like a [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cut celebrated recruits. 100% accurate.
They were Not buying into Callahan's process.
Big time silver spoons, some nice pedigrees, that couldn't make the practices better.

...seems right. Spoke w Callahan last summer... clearly a no non-sense coach, looking to fill his roster with hard nosed, team players... not the "me first" players.

There are very few of the players you refer to. Go to any Club tournament this summer and find me these "hard nosed" team first players. Me first is the way of the sport. If he is going to recruit that way he may have four players a year. I foresee a short tenure at Dartmouth with those recruiting standards.

Ha! not too many from LI, but, I assure you, these kids are out there

I assure you, based on perusing some of these rosters that there are not. I have watched teams from NC, Florida, California, Texas and Colorado. Same mindset on the players, me first attitude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he likes big players. not gonna use kids who are 5'5"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something doesn't make sense. If this Dartmouth Thead is true ,Wow.
That means a coach cut 9 Ivy League students( not dead weight as someone said) right before the season starts . That means he cut 20 percent of HIS team right before start of year, in his 3rd year as head coach ,where he was 1 and 13 last year.

what makes sense... is how shocked you seem to be, about a coach actually having the courage to making a stand, despite the normal outrage from whiney parents, and maybe some short term losses...

Wow agreed, applaud this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That means a coach cut 9 Ivy League students( not dead weight as someone said) right before the season starts . That means he cut 20 percent of HIS team right before start of year, in his 3rd year as head coach ,where he was 1 and 13 last year.

what makes sense... is how shocked you seem to be, about a coach actually having the courage to making a stand, despite the normal outrage from whiney parents, and maybe some short term losses...

He cut the kids that were NOT his recruits!

Small and selfish too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask prospects about their visits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if the players cut were good, the coach would have kept them regardless of if he inherited them or whatever .
coach is pretty consistent cutting me first possibly over hyped players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the Dartmouth roster and show me the kid who qualifies for aid. Look at every Ivy roster and show me the kid who qualifies for aid. Very few lacrosse kids qualify for financial aid. Lacrosse is the sport of the affluent.

Lax - still on the elitist rich white guy sport side... but no-where like it used to be, even just 10 years ago. the sheer increased numbers of players, yields a ton of big, strong, and fast athletes...
Lax is benefiting most from the decline in youth football participation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask prospects about their visits.

Who is to ask, what prospects, for what reason?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He cut the kids that were NOT his recruits!

Small and selfish too

and how many did he keep that were not his recruits???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dartmouth boys quit the team because they didnt like the HC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the article states he released the players because they didn't fit into his style of coaching. Seems logical to me, kind of Bellichic like. Now he better compete with what he has. The kids could have stayed, he told them what was to be expected, they either didn't want to compete or didn't feel the reward was worth the time. A Dartmouth education is pretty special regardless of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dartmouth sucks. Stop the posts on this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry dad...they got cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dartmouth sucks. Stop the posts on this team.

Says the dude who graduated from NCC with an [lacrosse] degree in art

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fcuk em

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may say the team isnt that good, you may say the kids quit, maybe.

or maybe the coach is weeding out those he didnt want intentionally. (cut/quit) who cares. Could be seen by some as crazy, why not just keep the kids; could be seen by others as genius, prove you wont stand for just anybody and confirm the players need to work for their spot.

Will it be tough, sure, but may turn the program around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may say the team isnt that good, you may say the kids quit, maybe.

or maybe the coach is weeding out those he didnt want intentionally. (cut/quit) who cares. Could be seen by some as crazy, why not just keep the kids; could be seen by others as genius, prove you wont stand for just anybody and confirm the players need to work for their spot.

Will it be tough, sure, but may turn the program around

Is that a real question??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember the famous Bill Parcells' quote; "if I'm the Chef, shouldn't I be able to buy my own groceries?" ...Dartmouth HC inherited recruits that didn't fit his system.
Early recruiting has a residual effect when any program decides to change Leadership...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has to be some college coaches on the hot seat this year... Gtown, Nova, HC??
...UNC's Championship solidified Brecci's job for a long time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has to be some college coaches on the hot seat this year... Gtown, Nova, HC??

What happened to Princeton? Gtown keeps getting worse compounded by the death of the lax player due to drugs. Cornell down too, we'll see how they do against Penn State this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about the hot seat but which new programs or programs with new coaches have done the best?

We all know BT at Denver is the best.

Navy
Stony Brook
Georgetown
Penn State
Cornell
Marquette
Michigan
Dartmouth
etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe Michigan will look for a big name to spring them from club circuit to bigtime

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about the hot seat but which new programs or programs with new coaches have done the best?

Navy
Stony Brook
Georgetown
Penn State
Cornell
Marquette
Michigan
Dartmouth
etc...

I would say Navy, Penn State and Cornell are doing okay to good. Navy--who schedules openers against Hops and Maryland??? They are a good team. . .needed to ease into the year. PSU--great offense; d has some work to do. Cornell--we'll see tomorrow against PSU. G'town and Dartmouth are a mess. Michigan and Marquette still have time, coach-wise (in my limited opinion). Sowell, Kerwick and Tambroni aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Warne? Tick tock tick tock. Callahan will be given a couple of years, esp. after his recent actions. My (uneducated guess) predictions for next five years: ACC wanes, Big Ten becomes more dominant, Ivy stays the same, Big East improves, Patriot stays the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Navy
Stony Brook
Georgetown
Penn State
Cornell
Marquette
Michigan
Dartmouth
etc...

I would say Navy, Penn State and Cornell are doing okay to good. Navy--who schedules openers against Hops and Maryland??? They are a good team. . .needed to ease into the year. PSU--great offense; d has some work to do. Cornell--we'll see tomorrow against PSU. G'town and Dartmouth are a mess. Michigan and Marquette still have time, coach-wise (in my limited opinion). Sowell, Kerwick and Tambroni aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Warne? Tick tock tick tock. Callahan will be given a couple of years, esp. after his recent actions. My (uneducated guess) predictions for next five years: ACC wanes, Big Ten becomes more dominant, Ivy stays the same, Big East improves, Patriot stays the same.

Most coaches are given a fair amount of time to establish themselves. In general they are given time to bring in their own assistant coaches, recruits and to implement their system/philosophy/program etc... You have to look at the body of work, not one game or one season. Once a coach has had a few years and has his staff and players all on the same page you can begin to evaluate based on overall performance.

With out question, Denver has the best coach. After that I would say The Marquette coach has done the best job. Navy came within one goal of making the Final Four last year which is pretty impressive and telling. Stony Brook is doing pretty well being that they do not have as much to offer as some of the other schools listed. Cornell coach is just entering his fourth season so the Jury is still out but I suspect he will do fine. Penn State Coach gets hyped up but results have never met or surpassed expectations. maybe this is the year. Dartmouth Coach is making bold moves but has only been there two years. Only time will tell if he is doing the right thing. Michigan coach has been given an incredible opportunity. Maybe they bit off a bit more than they could chew with their schedule. Their record has been pretty poor but they have been played a tough schedule from day one. Although their record has not been great they have become much more competitive. We will see, hope they give him another year or two. Georgetown Coach has to be feeling the heat. Tough year in 2016 and did not start off great this year. No reason GTown can't do better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Navy
Stony Brook
Georgetown
Penn State
Cornell
Marquette
Michigan
Dartmouth
etc...

Most coaches are given a fair amount of time to establish themselves. In general they are given time to bring in their own assistant coaches, recruits and to implement their system/philosophy/program etc... You have to look at the body of work, not one game or one season. Once a coach has had a few years and has his staff and players all on the same page you can begin to evaluate based on overall performance.

With out question, Denver has the best coach. After that I would say The Marquette coach has done the best job. Navy came within one goal of making the Final Four last year which is pretty impressive and telling. Stony Brook is doing pretty well being that they do not have as much to offer as some of the other schools listed. Cornell coach is just entering his fourth season so the Jury is still out but I suspect he will do fine. Penn State Coach gets hyped up but results have never met or surpassed expectations. maybe this is the year. Dartmouth Coach is making bold moves but has only been there two years. Only time will tell if he is doing the right thing. Michigan coach has been given an incredible opportunity. Maybe they bit off a bit more than they could chew with their schedule. Their record has been pretty poor but they have been played a tough schedule from day one. Although their record has not been great they have become much more competitive. We will see, hope they give him another year or two. Georgetown Coach has to be feeling the heat. Tough year in 2016 and did not start off great this year. No reason GTown can't do better.

I get the positive spin your putting on with these coaches you mention. Find it funny about Navy coach. The alumni etc wanted to hang him last year. Now he is considered by your account as doing well. As far as 1 goal away from final 4 ...they lost to Army in PL playoffs, but made the tourney with less than impressive credentials.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Navy
Stony Brook
Georgetown
Penn State
Cornell
Marquette
Michigan
Dartmouth
etc...

I get the positive spin your putting on with these coaches you mention. Find it funny about Navy coach. The alumni etc wanted to hang him last year. Now he is considered by your account as doing well. As far as 1 goal away from final 4 ...they lost to Army in PL playoffs, but made the tourney with less than impressive credentials.

No spin at all and not sure what you find funny. Just looking at the past few years data/results.

I do not know if anyone was calling for the Navy coaches head last year or not but I do know that they had a very good season and that they lost to a very good Brown Team in the quarter finals by one goal.

Not sure why you would call their season less than impressive? They make the Tourney without winning their conference which obviously shows that the selection committee thought they had an impressive season (the committee's opinion is the one that matters).

Come to think of it Navy also had a Playoff win over a # 3 ranked Yale Team that was 13 - 2 and seeded 4th in the Tournament.

As far as doing well goes, it is not by "my account" it is by the results.

Why such a negative bitter response to a post that attacked nobody and had no bias?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Navy
Stony Brook
Georgetown
Penn State
Cornell
Marquette
Michigan
Dartmouth
etc...

No spin at all and not sure what you find funny. Just looking at the past few years data/results.

I do not know if anyone was calling for the Navy coaches head last year or not but I do know that they had a very good season and that they lost to a very good Brown Team in the quarter finals by one goal.

Not sure why you would call their season less than impressive? They make the Tourney without winning their conference which obviously shows that the selection committee thought they had an impressive season (the committee's opinion is the one that matters).

Come to think of it Navy also had a Playoff win over a # 3 ranked Yale Team that was 13 - 2 and seeded 4th in the Tournament.

As far as doing well goes, it is not by "my account" it is by the results.

Why such a negative bitter response to a post that attacked nobody and had no bias?

Dartmouth continues to struggle, losing to Canisius. Tambroni doubles against his old coaching gig pretty spectacularly...Lions will move into top ten. Georgetown was good up until half time, then ND took over. Sloppy d by the hoyas...and some pretty questionable calls against them. Still think Hops a little high in rankings...Loyola battled. Great games today, this is looking like a great season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is LaxPower now a pay site

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
navy should have never let H.O.F. coach Richie Meade go anywhere.
team has sucked ever since

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is LaxPower now a pay site
yes for certain pieces of the site like rankings, schedules, etc. News and forumns still free but need to subscribe $4/per month or $10/year to get the app which has access top everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would think it's harder to win a National Championship in basketball than lacrosse. If Villanova can win in basketball why not lacrosse? Will the coach really be on the hot seat? Bad loss to Monmouth to open the season and likely to be 0-3 after Penn State comes to town this week. Looking at another .500 season and no NCAA bid. Does the AD care enough about lax to even notice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would think it's harder to win a National Championship in basketball than lacrosse. If Villanova can win in basketball why not lacrosse? Will the coach really be on the hot seat? Bad loss to Monmouth to open the season and likely to be 0-3 after Penn State comes to town this week. Looking at another .500 season and no NCAA bid. Does the AD care enough about lax to even notice?

Local coach in trouble is SJU. Such a tough job with poor facilities and tepid academic reputation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a really good kid go to a place like that? There are so many other options now. Definitely not something a coach can fix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will tell you why. Maybe the school has a good Law School or Business School or Education dept because the kid realizes he needs a good degree and education because you are not going to get rich playing lacrosse and 95% never play again after college and many don't even make it through the 4 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares about Villanova.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will tell you why. Maybe the school has a good Law School or Business School or Education dept because the kid realizes he needs a good degree and education because you are not going to get rich playing lacrosse and 95% never play again after college and many don't even make it through the 4 years

honestly, don't even respond to idiotic comments like the SJU comment, or the "nobody cares about Villanova" comment. Don't you know that everyone who posts on BOTC, why their kids are going Ivy and will be making millions and employing our kids!!!! Every other school is for idiots to these geniuses.

Come here for the occasional sane comment on a team, tournament, or event. Ignore the idiocy. . .you'll be saner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares about Villanova.

Funny how you have become the nobody cares guy....you realize nobody cares right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they don't have a good law or business school. Decidedly average, so the question remains what would be the draw to SJU?

Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard