BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 41 of 220 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A note to all TG families, especially these younger ones:
Please do assume that all the "others" out there that will be on this team, share the same anger, frustration or opinions of this one "anonymous" posting. Many of us have been following the thread and have chosen to stay out of it for a multitude of self evident reasons. 10 year olds are just that, ten years old. Let them play, make friends, get better and leave the check list of who has what, where and when out of it as it is both divisive and incendiary. Since misery loves company, many of us will be keeping to ourselves.

You are hilarious ," many of us will be keeping to ourselves" and "have chosen to staybout of it " yet you just could not take your own advice .My question is why not open it up to the whole team and as you said " let them play, make friends, get better".Would it have killed these guys to play with all the kids on his their team even if they think the kid is of lesser ability than their little golden child.My kid is playing and yes if she were not I would have got a team together myself but what about the kid who does not have parents who would..How about the kid who may have a one parent household or the kid with parents who are too busy and yes how about the kid who might have a sick parent but still wanted to play.Why would you exclude any kid on the team ,the only reason I can think of is because you only care about your kid.At least stop calling yourself TG 2020 because you are not ,even the YJ teams make up names when it is not the actual team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team are you referring to?
Been hearing from a few people we know that the talent was impressive this past weekend ,everything from yellow jackets , Top Guns, and top school programs , the new director has her name all over the 91 girls program for a 360 turnaround.
Although we are currently on Top Guns , lots of luck to the program we are looking forward to hopefully seeing another NorthWestern success story from a Alumni.

I agree. My daughter was also at 91 tryouts. New director for the girls program from Northwestern who was fabulous and informative. It looks like this team is going in the right direction!!! And would love for the chance for my daughter yo work with these coaches!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Please do assume that all the "others" out there that will be on this team, share the same anger, frustration or opinions of this one "anonymous" posting. Many of us have been following the thread and have chosen to stay out of it for a multitude of self evident reasons. 10 year olds are just that, ten years old. Let them play, make friends, get better and leave the check list of who has what, where and when out of it as it is both divisive and incendiary. Since misery loves company, many of us will be keeping to ourselves.

You are hilarious ," many of us will be keeping to ourselves" and "have chosen to staybout of it " yet you just could not take your own advice .My question is why not open it up to the whole team and as you said " let them play, make friends, get better".Would it have killed these guys to play with all the kids on his their team even if they think the kid is of lesser ability than their little golden child.My kid is playing and yes if she were not I would have got a team together myself but what about the kid who does not have parents who would..How about the kid who may have a one parent household or the kid with parents who are too busy and yes how about the kid who might have a sick parent but still wanted to play.Why would you exclude any kid on the team ,the only reason I can think of is because you only care about your kid.At least stop calling yourself TG 2020 because you are not ,even the YJ teams make up names when it is not the actual team.

Maybe some kids weren't included because of their parents. Not everyone wants to deal with parental baggage. I have no horse in this race, think the whole thing is way overblown, but the people keeping this issue alive are the parents. Maybe whoever put the not-exactly-TG-but-TG team together didn't want to deal with the parents, and after all this whining on here I can see why.

And if you have such an issue with TG, why are you staying? Go. Go now when there are still other clubs for which to tryout.

Flame away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if 2017 will be fielding a team for the upcoming Hofstra tourny? New to the program and have not heard a word or received an email and it's getting close, just wanted to get my daughters calendar ready. Thabnk you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. My daughter was also at 91 tryouts. New director for the girls program from Northwestern who was fabulous and informative. It looks like this team is going in the right direction!!! And would love for the chance for my daughter yo work with these coaches!!

Was there also. I felt turnout was light (the older group had to fill two 2015 teams and a 2014 team). There did not seem to be enough girls for that to happen.

I hope that it all works out but realistically, 2014/2015 age groups are kind of finished at this point, 91 dropped the ball w/ these groups. 91 should focus their attention to the younger ages...

Good luck to both TG and 91 players!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Maybe some kids weren't included because of their parents. Not everyone wants to deal with parental baggage. I have no horse in this race, think the whole thing is way overblown, but the people keeping this issue alive are the parents. Maybe whoever put the not-exactly-TG-but-TG team together didn't want to deal with the parents, and after all this whining on here I can see why.

And if you have such an issue with TG, why are you staying? Go. Go now when there are still other clubs for which to tryout.

Flame away.

Sorry Powder but your response is wrong here. Cannot possibly be the parents. There was no mingling of girls parents at tryouts to start blaming leaving kids home on them. Also, you must know ss and bs pretty well to start turning kids away from their program for them. Thx and good luck to all!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have not heard from them then maybe your daughter is not included in the clicky 2017 group that your daughter plays on. Sorry but thats how it was for us.
Such as past post about this team

Anyone know if 2017 will be fielding a team for the upcoming Hofstra tourny? New to the program and have not heard a word or received an email and it's getting close, just wanted to get my daughters calendar ready. Thabnk you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I too am a new TG 2020 parent. We do not know anyone on our team and were not asked to play in any upcoming tournaments. With that said, I have decided to put a team in, consisting of my town team girls (mostly 5th & some 6th). If anyone else from 2020 would like to join us let me know. We would love to start meeting people from the TG family that we will be playing with eventually. Please no negative comments. Just trying to keep the girls playing and have some fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Flame away.

Yeah that must be it he did not want to deal with parents who he has never met and knows nothing about, so why be nice and offer them an invitation to play with their team.This guy clearly knows more than Shannon Smith who obviously thought these kids were talented enough to make the black team and had no issues with their parents.Poor job by the organization as a whole letting some egomaniac and the sheep parents on his team take over a team and control who plays under the TG banner.By the way I am sure you have a horse in this race or you would see that in the end it is divisive for the team which I could not care less about because my kid does not play for them.My sons team went thru it many years ago and to this day still affects team dynamics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
give Bill Smith a call hus number is on every email he would be happy to put youy in touch with all of your teammates that are interested in playing.

I believe evry parent recieved an email from top guns informing them of the tournaments I am going to copy and paste the last line of it for you.........

The flyer is attached. Please go ahead and form teams on your own as it is a great way to keep the girls playing. Any further questions please let me know.

Bill Smith

--
Long Island Top Guns
PO BOX 1627
West Babylon, NY 11704
Phone Number: 631 404 2621
Fax Number: 631 539 9830
www.litopguns.com

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage. I understand powder is a friend of website, but nothing wrong with my post. It is heartfelt. Please reconsider posting it . Thank You

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give Bill Smith a call, let him know you want in, I bet he finds a spot for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
havent heard anything yet played in the first tourney but did not here anything about this one yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Havent herd anything. Wondering what people think about a 25 player roster? Is that the standard amount for a club team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carol go back to the YJ thread, i know it's quiet now, but there will be plenty of action once you have your tryouts

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage. I understand powder is a friend of website, but nothing wrong with my post. It is heartfelt. Please reconsider posting it . Thank You
BOTC has not held anything on this particular thread. Is your post on the board now?

Follow-up : yes, confirmed that your earlier posting is also available in this thread.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Updated After Validating Post Was Present
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Sorry just a long delay. Bathroom break maybe? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carol go back to the YJ thread, i know it's quiet now, but there will be plenty of action once you have your tryouts

Why must you always add her or YJ. I can tell you one thing it's not CR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Havent herd anything. Wondering what people think about a 25 player roster? Is that the standard amount for a club team?

The Hofstra Tournament is 7v7 plus a goalie, with a restraining line and 5v5 in the offensive end. Given those metrics, I believe 25 kids is too many. You could either go bare-bones, 10-kid minimum, which gives you only two substitutes, rather thin for six 25-minute games. With a 2-3-2 format, two to three lines of middies, two lines of attack/defenders and a goalie yields a 15-18 player team. A back-up goalie is also a good idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hofstra Tournament is 7v7 plus a goalie, with a restraining line and 5v5 in the offensive end. Given those metrics, I believe 25 kids is too many. You could either go bare-bones, 10-kid minimum, which gives you only two substitutes, rather thin for six 25-minute games. With a 2-3-2 format, two to three lines of middies, two lines of attack/defenders and a goalie yields a 15-18 player team. A back-up goalie is also a good idea.

My daughter is 2017 black and her friend is 2nd year purple. Neither of us has heard a thing about playing in upcoming tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Unfortunatly 22-25 is the standard roster size. That is where the business side comes in. You will here standard excuses hot, not all go. All teams not just TG.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Flame away.

Yeah that must be it he did not want to deal with parents who he has never met and knows nothing about, so why be nice and offer them an invitation to play with their team.This guy clearly knows more than Shannon Smith who obviously thought these kids were talented enough to make the black team and had no issues with their parents.Poor job by the organization as a whole letting some egomaniac and the sheep parents on his team take over a team and control who plays under the TG banner.By the way I am sure you have a horse in this race or you would see that in the end it is divisive for the team which I could not care less about because my kid does not play for them.My sons team went thru it many years ago and to this day still affects team dynamics.

Yeah, I realized after I posted, in haste, that if it's a new team perhaps the parents aren't known. My bad.

I also think that bringing it up again and again and again is not helpful though. It happened, it's over, address it with the people who did it and/or BS then let it end, please. I just can't see how stewing about it and posting anonymously here is useful. It is not resolving the issue or doing anything toward effecting a positive outcome. It's stirring the pot and letting something fester.

Call BS, get the parent who put together the team and call him/her and sort it out, then get back to us with the outcome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
give Bill Smith a call hus number is on every email he would be happy to put youy in touch with all of your teammates that are interested in playing.

I believe evry parent recieved an email from top guns informing them of the tournaments I am going to copy and paste the last line of it for you.........

The flyer is attached. Please go ahead and form teams on your own as it is a great way to keep the girls playing. Any further questions please let me know.

Bill Smith

--
Long Island Top Guns
PO BOX 1627
West Babylon, NY 11704
www.litopguns.com

Yeah everyone in the entire club got this. Let me translate for anyone sitting home this weekend. TG is a summer tournament club. Included in tuition is the summer tournaments and team practices. TG are nice enough to enter all teams in indoor winter leagues, which is optional for players. That is it, done, no more, that's where it ends, that's what you get. Even any additional tournament the older girls go to is a sign on board or try out for team specifically built for a particular tournament like the disney deal. So here is the key words sent out. GO AHEAD AND FORM YOUR OWN TEAMS. So many of you new comers don't get this yet, you are on your own to get with some team somewhere somehow for any and all extra tournaments. Figure out who the parent coaches are and start kissing butt. If your not down with that, start your own team and invite whoever you want. Be careful though because your bound to upset someone and the next thing you know everyone will be on this thread tearing you apart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bill Smith

--
Long Island Top Guns
PO BOX 1627
West Babylon, NY 11704
www.litopguns.com

Yeah everyone in the entire club got this. Let me translate for anyone sitting home this weekend. TG is a summer tournament club. Included in tuition is the summer tournaments and team practices. TG are nice enough to enter all teams in indoor winter leagues, which is optional for players. That is it, done, no more, that's where it ends, that's what you get. Even any additional tournament the older girls go to is a sign on board or try out for team specifically built for a particular tournament like the disney deal. So here is the key words sent out. GO AHEAD AND FORM YOUR OWN TEAMS. So many of you new comers don't get this yet, you are on your own to get with some team somewhere somehow for any and all extra tournaments. Figure out who the parent coaches are and start kissing butt. If your not down with that, start your own team and invite whoever you want. Be careful though because your bound to upset someone and the next thing you know everyone will be on this thread tearing you apart.

Everyone definitely DID NOT get that email...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is 2017 black and her friend is 2nd year purple. Neither of us has heard a thing about playing in upcoming tournament.

The Tournament I referenced is [a Hofstra event]. It's not an official TG Fall Tournament but believe Bill Smith sent an email to all that attended the TG's tryouts, as post #20585 (p.108) highlighted. Obviously, there's a TG's connection given SS's new position as Hofstra's head coach.

We're new to TGs, 2018 White (yeah the money team). I was impressed enough with the training / teaching of the TG-run August Camp and quality of the kids at the tryout to go through the brain damage of schlepping my kid from Westchester County to West Babylon for practices this Spring. The reality is not everyone on each TG's team knows all of the others, especially if you're new to the program. Roster names are shared but not emails ,,, making it difficult for a parent taking the initiative to form a team to contact everyone. Second, bringing 22-24 kids is too many, highlighting the issue of "whom to invite."

So if you have a kid that wants to play, have them ask a few of their friends and you'll be amazed how quickly you field the requisite ten players. It took me two days to form a team. $750 team fee. Charge each kid $75, round up 15 kids or more and use the excess cash to print reversible pinnies ($15 each). Find 18-20 kids and you have enough cash to fund a large pizza party after the tournament.

I'd be happy to forward the original tournament flyer via email and share a contact if you're interested in printing pinnies.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Peter Zidlicky (email: 1988e30m3@gmail.com)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is new to 2017 purple and we didn't hear about it either, and that's fine with us. We probably would have played, but we have plenty going on as it is. As many people have said Bill Smith seems to be very reachable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bill Smith

--
Long Island Top Guns
PO BOX 1627
West Babylon, NY 11704
www.litopguns.com

One version from Shannon and one version from Bill went out in a mass e-mail to the entire club as well as to any other lacrosse contacts. I have daughter on team and as well my daughter has attended several camps and other topgun events, so I know my and my wife's e-mail are part of what must be several different mailing groups from Top Guns. In the end I got word of this tournament from several avenues. Not saying you didn't fall through cracks somehow, but I believe most nearly all were intended to receive this information, and did. Anyway, what you need to do at this point has been beat to death on this thread, instead of crying on a website thread, go spend some time doing what you need to do to get your daughter playing, if she even wants to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Top Gun Parent. I did get the Tourney email. Everyone should have! If haves is not...stop whining, call Bill make sure your Email is correct and that he has it.
Now, running around this past summer ,to all the tournaments, I can honestly say that every parent was nice,helpful,willing to share there shirt off there backs. This was my experience with the Top Guns,as for many others.
I really don't believe that these posting are from Top Gun parents. Maybe it's from some s**t stirrers or possible some new parents, if so, change your attitude. You will see that everyone here is nice and friendly and willing to help you with anything.
Now.... My daughter was not called to play for any teams put together for tourneys. I would like for her to play and she would like to play also......Guess what I did ? I called Bill and he said no problem.
For those of you that want to know,My daughter is on the Purple team. What year doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Top Gun Parent. I did get the Tourney email. Everyone should have! If haves is not...stop whining, call Bill make sure your Email is correct and that he has it.
Now, running around this past summer ,to all the tournaments, I can honestly say that every parent was nice,helpful,willing to share there shirt off there backs. This was my experience with the Top Guns,as for many others.
I really don't believe that these posting are from Top Gun parents. Maybe it's from some s**t stirrers or possible some new parents, if so, change your attitude. You will see that everyone here is nice and friendly and willing to help you with anything.
Now.... My daughter was not called to play for any teams put together for tourneys. I would like for her to play and she would like to play also......Guess what I did ? I called Bill and he said no problem.
For those of you that want to know,My daughter is on the Purple team. What year doesn't matter.

Do you think you did not get an invite (email) because your kid is on the purple team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bill Smith

--
Long Island Top Guns
PO BOX 1627
West Babylon, NY 11704
www.litopguns.com

One version from Shannon and one version from Bill went out in a mass e-mail to the entire club as well as to any other lacrosse contacts. I have daughter on team and as well my daughter has attended several camps and other topgun events, so I know my and my wife's e-mail are part of what must be several different mailing groups from Top Guns. In the end I got word of this tournament from several avenues. Not saying you didn't fall through cracks somehow, but I believe most nearly all were intended to receive this information, and did. Anyway, what you need to do at this point has been beat to death on this thread, instead of crying on a website thread, go spend some time doing what you need to do to get your daughter playing, if she even wants to.

Are you talking about emails regarding the Hofstra tournaments, or some other tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bill Smith

--
Long Island Top Guns
PO BOX 1627
West Babylon, NY 11704
www.litopguns.com

I'm not crying...I contacted Bill, and my daughter is playing. Simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How typical ,this is one of the more idiotic posts I have read.Everyone was nice ,helpful except when it comes to including everyone and your change your attitude statement is more the norm for TG parents.What it should say is change your attitude from sticking up for what is right and fall in line like the rest of the lemmings and let those with connections control when and where your kid is allowed to play under the TG name.When you say your kid is on the purple team the only thing that tells us is why she was not called to play on a team, when you refuse to tell what year it tells us you are one of those lemmings afraid to stand up for your daughter.What would you say if I know for a fact that some parents with kids who are on 2020 black asked to play with the 2020 team this weekend but where told no thank you.Why should this guy be making all the decisions about who plays TG ?The answer is because no one will stand up and stop him, so you do what you have been trained to do keep following him right off the cliff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do I think ....."I did not get an invite because my daughter is on Purple"

I am sure some parents would see it that way. I didnt. I think a parent ( who is probably a coach )took the initiative,put a team together to have some girls play. Could someone have asked me? Yeah. I guess so, but there's a lot of girls and they can't ask everyone.
I had the email from Top Guns and when a certain date worked for me for Tourney... I called Bill and that was that.
Soooo, what I'm trying to say here is ------take a step forward and ask if your daughter wants to play. I am sure the more teams they have the better it is. It's a fundraiser! If you didn't get an email im sure it was a mistake. Make sure email listed is correct and that the Top Guns have it!
Again, pick up the phone and ask

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quit stirring the pot!! You are obviously from another club trying to start trouble. My daughter is on a purple team and got the email. What difference should it make what color team they are on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys really need to stop with the it's a 7 on 7 event so you cannot ask everyone excuse. Ask everyone and divide into the appropriate amount of teams for a 7 on 7.Next comes the who would coach all these teams , please you already have more than 1 coach on each team .Yes everyone can try to get their own team together and compete against one another for kids but wouldn't a better idea be to invite everyone on your team then work together to make sure everyone who wants to play does. Stop with the lame excuses and do the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would you say if I know for a fact that some parents with kids who are on 2020 black asked to play with the 2020 team this weekend but where told no thank you.

Obviously stirring pot and from another club...statement is a blatant lie

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
does anybody know who put in the 2020 team? just curious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would you say if I know for a fact that some parents with kids who are on 2020 black asked to play with the 2020 team this weekend but where told no thank you.

Obviously stirring pot and from another club...statement is a blatant lie [/quote]

Really, ask the guy who formed the team if anyone from the 2020 has asked to play with him then get back to us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ron Masera...I brought these girls together...as Jim said 10 girls who played with last summer's 2019 teams and are now 2020s. It also includes one girl who is a 2021 and will play up. For lax for hope I asked Bill Smith if there were a couple more girls who wanted to play and he provided 3 more contacts. No kids were ever hand picked and none have ever been denied. This was done for a simple reason...fun. As far as the name goes...since all of the girls play for Top Guns I was advised we should play as a TG team...this is fine with Bill.
If there are TG 2020 people in the conversation who feel slighted, my apologies. There was never an intention to leave anyone out. Moving on, there are two tournaments remaining that we could potentially put teams in for...Hofstra Sat 10/27 and Smithtown. Sunday 11/4. If we can get enough girls I would be happy to organize this. Call Billl or see me at lax for hope...I'll be the coach with a target on my back amidst a sea of pink for a nice charity event.
Ron

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Ron...........my daughter is on 2020 also. We won't be around this weekend but we are interested in playing on 11/4. I already put in a team for 10/27 using my town team. Hoping that you can put something together for 11/4 so Rachel can meet her TG teammates. Thanks
Laura Lombardi

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 220 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard