BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,271
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 58 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tampa over Cortland...layup. That being said..Cortland would dismantle insert any hs name here... you clearly did not play in college and have NO idea what you are talking about
Tampa over Cortland...layup. That being said..Cortland would dismantle insert any hs name here... you clearly did not play in college and have NO idea what you are talking about

...So you take a HS stocked w highest level D1 lax Athletes, vs your Average D3 Lacrosse team (Sorry if I offended using Cortland as specific), and, you think college maturity makes up he difference?? thats like saying; HS McDonalds All American Basket team wouldn't beat (insert D3- Hoops team)... (not the brown vs Alabama analogy)

It is exactly the Browns v Alabama analogy. THe size physical maturity and experience means ALOT. first there are many DIII players that either wer mid range DI that opted for a more balanced college experience, as well as DI players who transferred to DIII programs so the talent gap btween your DI recruit laden HS team and the DIII team isn't as big as your think. Second The physical size and conditioning of the DIII athletes vs the HS team is not even close. I would put an Average DIII program against the UA HS Sr. Team and still pick the DIII team

Hill "Holdback" Acadamy? That is basically a D1college team. Varsity players are 20 years old!
hill academy hold backs are born in 1998 meaning they turn 19 this year. There are no 20 year olds in that program some people just have such a hard time with Math.

OK, so they should be college Freshman, with maybe a couple sophomores sprinkled in. Sorry but they can't be taken seriously, when cheating like that!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going w the Liger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was only a scrimmage but...The Hill Academy beat Vermont a week and a half ago:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156052122159852&set=o.360766160613820&type=3

How does that fit into the top HS vs. College debate?

Not a good one. Top D1 College Freshman playing against Vermont.

The comparison might be more appropriate than you think. Here's some additional information about The Hill Academy Varsity team...
One player is 19 and the rest are 18 or 17.
Their list of commitments to top programs probably pales in comparison to Chaminade and St. Anthony's. Here's a rough list of Hill commits:
Bellarmine-2
Denver-2
Ohio State-2
Robert Morris-2
Syracuse-2
Villanova-2
One each to Penn, Quinnipiac, High Point, Sacred Heart, Marquette, Cornell, Michigan
One each to D2 Lynn and Tampa
The rest of the roster is currently uncommitted.

They are a legitimate high school aged team, especially in comparison to the boarding schools. It is an example of what a team can accomplish with dedicated student-athletes and professional coaching.

I've posted this before but here is a good overview courtesy of si.com:
http://www.si.com/edge/2016/05/04/the-hill-academy-lacrosse-canada-high-school-brodie-merrill

Holdback cheaters are what they are. College age team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The main Difference between D1 player and D3 player is not the size,
It is the speed and athleticism at their given size...
So it is very plausible that an average D3 team would have their hands full, competing against a Chaminade or St Anthony's Roster stocked with Top D1 talent...
Save your meathead insults, if you happen to disagree... "Just sayin"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it is very plausible that an average D3 team would have their hands full, competing against a Chaminade or St Anthony's Roster stocked with Top D1 talent...

Okay, can't help it, but does your son play at Chammy or St. A's?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was only a scrimmage but...The Hill Academy beat Vermont a week and a half ago:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156052122159852&set=o.360766160613820&type=3

How does that fit into the top HS vs. College debate?

Not a good one. Top D1 College Freshman playing against Vermont.

The comparison might be more appropriate than you think. Here's some additional information about The Hill Academy Varsity team...
One player is 19 and the rest are 18 or 17.
Their list of commitments to top programs probably pales in comparison to Chaminade and St. Anthony's. Here's a rough list of Hill commits:
Bellarmine-2
Denver-2
Ohio State-2
Robert Morris-2
Syracuse-2
Villanova-2
One each to Penn, Quinnipiac, High Point, Sacred Heart, Marquette, Cornell, Michigan
One each to D2 Lynn and Tampa
The rest of the roster is currently uncommitted.

They are a legitimate high school aged team, especially in comparison to the boarding schools. It is an example of what a team can accomplish with dedicated student-athletes and professional coaching.

I've posted this before but here is a good overview courtesy of si.com:
http://www.si.com/edge/2016/05/04/the-hill-academy-lacrosse-canada-high-school-brodie-merrill

Holdback cheaters are what they are. College age team.

This statement is one of pure ignorance. Hill Academy is a Prep School. They are not out there competing against your son's public school so I'm not sure how they are 'cheating' ? If they show up on grade based summer travel teams that's the unfortunate problem with only lacrosse, not other sports. There are many reasons the top D1 programs rosters are heavily skewed towards Prep School kids, and I'm pretty sure 'cheating' is not one of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...So you take a HS stocked w highest level D1 lax Athletes, vs your Average D3 Lacrosse team (Sorry if I offended using Cortland as specific), and, you think college maturity makes up he difference?? thats like saying; HS McDonalds All American Basket team wouldn't beat (insert D3- Hoops team)... (not the brown vs Alabama analogy)

It is exactly the Browns v Alabama analogy. THe size physical maturity and experience means ALOT. first there are many DIII players that either wer mid range DI that opted for a more balanced college experience, as well as DI players who transferred to DIII programs so the talent gap btween your DI recruit laden HS team and the DIII team isn't as big as your think. Second The physical size and conditioning of the DIII athletes vs the HS team is not even close. I would put an Average DIII program against the UA HS Sr. Team and still pick the DIII team

Hill "Holdback" Acadamy? That is basically a D1college team. Varsity players are 20 years old!
hill academy hold backs are born in 1998 meaning they turn 19 this year. There are no 20 year olds in that program some people just have such a hard time with Math.

OK, so they should be college Freshman, with maybe a couple sophomores sprinkled in. Sorry but they can't be taken seriously, when cheating like that!
No can you read no sophomores "sprinkled in" kids are 1998 and 1999 born. They beat U of Vermont in a scrimmage this year. Vermont has 1995's "sprinkled in their lineup". Vermont are 2-0 in D1 to start the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I Disagree, from Meathead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade and St. Anthony's were mentioned just because they're probably the deepest (not necessarily the best) teams on Long Island. You can really substitute in any traditional top program here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best 8th grade teams could beat lesser-skilled varsity hs teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, you're good! ...was it that obvious?? cause I didn't want to come across as bias...
smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me that was meant to be sarcastic!! You're dealing with men against boys in this scenario. No way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me that was meant to be sarcastic!! You're dealing with men against boys in this scenario. No way.

I would say that good freshman teams could beat many varsity teams, but I don't know of any 8th grade teams that are organized enough to really have a shot. Especially when many schools move their strong 8th graders up to JV (and in some cases, even varsity).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what an idiot. McDonalds all Americans are an all star team . what, do you think your h.s. team is some sort of national all star collection? how's that Chaminade kool aid taste?
Any NESCAC team would handle those two teams. even last place like Ct. college.

Why Is it so painful for you (above) to concede?
YES, Chaminade lax is a virtual LI All star team... Similarly as St Anthony's football team, or LUHI basketball are virtual All Star Teams...
Now... Look at tufts or Amherst schedule from last year, and see how many blow outs they dealt out to their not so good D3 competition... Still impossible to envision IVY and ACC bound players competing w average or below D3 programs??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what an idiot. McDonalds all Americans are an all star team . what, do you think your h.s. team is some sort of national all star collection? how's that Chaminade kool aid taste?

YES, Chaminade lax is a virtual LI All star team... Similarly as St Anthony's football team, or LUHI basketball are virtual All Star Teams...
Now... Look at tufts or Amherst schedule from last year, and see how many blow outs they dealt out to their not so good D3 competition... Still impossible to envision IVY and ACC bound players competing w average or below D3 programs??

So you predict an undefeated season for your son's team (Chaminade) this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
virtual L.I all-star team? you are beyond reason.
where do you mommies get this tripe? I know from each other I've heard that b.s. in the stands.
Chaminade no doubt has some truly great players every year, absolutely, but just because you are on the team with some tremendous players doesn't make you (or your kid) the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say that good freshman teams could beat many varsity teams, but I don't know of any 8th grade teams that are organized enough to really have a shot. Especially when many schools move their strong 8th graders up to JV (and in some cases, even varsity).

Looneys, Crush, Crabs 2020 teams from last year would have beaten many rural hs lacrosse programs, outside of hotbeds, of course. Firstly, they would win every almost every faceoff. From there it would just be about ball movement, taking advantage of bad sliding, and overwhelming advantage in transition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES, WE ARE THE BEST, AND ALL ELSE SUCK!! WE ARE THE SCHOOL OF BOYS. GIRLS SUCK.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES, WE ARE THE BEST, AND ALL ELSE SUCK!! WE ARE THE SCHOOL OF BOYS. GIRLS SUCK.

And....the hook has been dropped

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I "love" these hypotheticals. Reminds when I goaded a football guy telling him a gorilla would make the perfect nose tackle. just train it to go forward when the ball moves and get it. and whoever is holding it. Moron actually engaged this conversation and said "no, you'd just trap block it..." Full [lacrosse]. I think he was from GC or Syo 91 dad...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I "love" these hypotheticals. Reminds when I goaded a football guy telling him a gorilla would make the perfect nose tackle. just train it to go forward when the ball moves and get it. and whoever is holding it. Moron actually engaged this conversation and said "no, you'd just trap block it..." Full [lacrosse]. I think he was from GC or Syo 91 dad...

I love adults who write like 6 year olds. When discussing gorillas and [lacrosse] as you call them, look in the mirror. Pretty sure the guy you were talking to about the nose tackle was you looking at your reflection!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think gorillas would meet enrollment or player's union requirements to play football.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think gorillas would meet enrollment or player's union requirements to play football.

I heard a 2021 gorilla just committed to U of Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looneys, Crush, Crabs 2020 teams from last year would have beaten many rural hs lacrosse programs, outside of hotbeds, of course. Firstly, they would win every almost every faceoff. From there it would just be about ball movement, taking advantage of bad sliding, and overwhelming advantage in transition.

Double digit wins in most cases too...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahahahahaha
so stupid its funny..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahahahahaha
so stupid its funny..

The gorilla, or the best 2020 team crushing the worst HS varsity team that you could think of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moronic adults who speak about [lacrosse]. Very nice, hope all your children have all their capabilities and you don't have to deal with a child with a development disability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moronic adults who speak about [lacrosse]. Very nice, hope all your children have all their capabilities and you don't have to deal with a child with a development disability.

Yeah, I can't stand that either. You would hope lacrosse people, much less all people, could do better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade no doubt has some truly great players every year, absolutely, but just because you are on the team with some tremendous players doesn't make you (or your kid) the same.
[/quote]

Chaminade has tremendous talent this year - but the coaching is atrocious. If they win it is because of the kids - NOT the coaches. They are AWEFUL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if they win its because of the rosie O'Donnell moms

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harambe would've been a D1 All American at nose tackle.

And, I'm glad we can all find something that we think is crazy, makes us laugh or elicits emotion on BOC...no matter how it is spelled.
or if you are from Syosset or Gc or play for channy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Double digit wins in most cases too...
Team Ontario U 15 boys you turned 15 in 2016 which was a team made up of best players from EDGE Hardcor and EVOLE beat a University team in an exhibition game easily so those top 2020 programs 89+2 Looney's could beat a weak D3 program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dartmouth situation is worth looking at if you are exploring the early commit stuff. coaches change, kids who were good h.s. players can cut after 2 yrs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dartmouth situation is worth looking at if you are exploring the early commit stuff. coaches change, kids who were good h.s. players can cut after 2 yrs.

Dartmouth is revamping their program. Athletic dept wanted to improve culture, and hired new coach 2 years ago.
Although, Dartmouth honored previous coach's commitments, the recently cut players were not meeting new Coach's expectations...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love adults who write like 6 year olds. When discussing gorillas and [lacrosse] as you call them, look in the mirror. Pretty sure the guy you were talking to about the nose tackle was you looking at your reflection!

Advice to "writer" critic above: proof read your own grammar first

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dartmouth is doing everything possible to change the culture and build a winning program... guessing the prior coach's recruits were not meeting the new coach's requirements

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still what you may call a cautionary tale

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, next time I discuss [lacrosse] I'll be sure to check my grammar, because that's the important part, not the mocking of the disabled. Dude, get a grip, you're worried about my grammar when I defend the disadvantaged?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, next time I discuss [lacrosse] I'll be sure to check my grammar, because that's the important part, not the mocking of the disabled. Dude, get a grip, you're worried about my grammar when I defend the disadvantaged?

Unveil yourself... "Defender of the disadvantaged" ...your noble act, is worthy of public praise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I "love" these hypotheticals. Reminds when I goaded a football guy telling him a gorilla would make the perfect nose tackle. just train it to go forward when the ball moves and get it. and whoever is holding it. Moron actually engaged this conversation and said "no, you'd just trap block it..." Full [lacrosse]. I think he was from GC or Syo 91 dad...

Unveil yourself... "Defender of the disadvantaged" ...your noble act, is worthy of public praise. [/quote

You are truly a moron.

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 58 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard