BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Girls 2024 - Grade 5 Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024 - Grade 5 Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz
WP
Express A
TLI
Longboards
Team 24
Igloo
Outlaws
Express B
Blue Fish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
????

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Taz
WP
Express A
TLI
Longboards
Team 24
Igloo
Outlaws
Express B
Blue Fish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd YJ 2024 rosters go? How many teams? New players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone from last season's YJ 2024 "A" team have any comments about the coach, Williams? Good, bad, indifferent? Thanks in advance.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone from last season's YJ 2024 "A" team have any comments about the coach, Williams? Good, bad, indifferent? Thanks in advance.

Have a friend who's daughter is on the team and they're happy with her. Hope that helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have a friend who's daughter is on the team and they're happy with her. Hope that helps.

Better situation then the South Shore Club?
Hearing good things about the team and training?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better situation then the South Shore Club?
Hearing good things about the team and training?

Well I know one family on that club and one family at YJ. The YJ dad is hard core and so is his daughter and they're happy. The other family at the south shore club is happy as well but they, as in the family, are a bit more laid back. Not lacking in talent just easier going people. I've only met the YJ HC in passing but the YJ assistant is awesome and I know her pretty well - dont know if she's back this year or not. Either one sounds like a safe bet and I don't think you can go wrong either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just reading this now after the holidays. Yes, this was helpful! Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just reading this now after the holidays. Yes, this was helpful! Thank you!

Of course they are year one with her... wait until the other nonsense begins

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heads up YJ A parents. An email went out about pre-season indoor practices. Check your email and please respond. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be a good year with this age group. Talent up and down the I95 corridor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha ! It's 5th grade!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2024 looks unreal. undefeated fall season. might be hard to beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2024 looks unreal. undefeated fall season. might be hard to beat.
Yeah..heard all the major D1 schools are already checking them out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three of the md 24s have their learners permits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this spring a good time to find a team for my 5th grade daughter to step up to travel? She is athletic but needs to play and practice more to improve. Is it now or never to start?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this spring a good time to find a team for my 5th grade daughter to step up to travel? She is athletic but needs to play and practice more to improve. Is it now or never to start?

definitely not now or never. there are teams out there that don't even form until 6th grade.
many clubs have multiple teams per age group, so your daughter will always be able to find a spot. just be warned, that she may have a sizeable skill gap vs girls that have been playing for multiple years already, so she may have to accept a 2nd or 3rd team spot.

at this point, you may have a rough time trying to find a team (unless you know someone) as rosters are set. most tryouts are august/september for the following season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

definitely not now or never. there are teams out there that don't even form until 6th grade.
many clubs have multiple teams per age group, so your daughter will always be able to find a spot. just be warned, that she may have a sizeable skill gap vs girls that have been playing for multiple years already, so she may have to accept a 2nd or 3rd team spot.

at this point, you may have a rough time trying to find a team (unless you know someone) as rosters are set. most tryouts are august/september for the following season.

So even the middle of the pack teams have rosters set? Oh boy (girl).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So even the middle of the pack teams have rosters set? Oh boy (girl).

Most likely. You can reach out to clubs and inquire. There is always a chance they are looking to add one or two for the spring/summer season. But most likely, many are full

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the talent on the 2024 YJ team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the talent on the 2024 YJ team ?

Pretty good I think. Not too many standouts but that shouldn't keep them from being successful. Coaching looks good. They were busy all winter. Seems like a good place to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the team changed much since the Fall Bay Bash? The team really didn't look that impressive on the field...results not typical of a YJ team? They seemed to struggle...even with the town teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think fall bay bash was whoever registered to play from 2024 and 2025. Not the real 2024 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To any parents of the 24 team I would suggest NOT engaging in this type of discussion on your team. There are no positives in doing this only negatives. People outside the team with stir the pot. Just my advice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think fall bay bash was whoever registered to play from 2024 and 2025. Not the real 2024 team.

How is that different from any other organization? Aren't fall tournaments typically optional? Are the players not part of the organization? I have to admit, YJ nation always has a good excuse for when they don't live up to the "Elite" Hype.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is that different from any other organization? Aren't fall tournaments typically optional? Are the players not part of the organization? I have to admit, YJ nation always has a good excuse for when they don't live up to the "Elite" Hype.

My point exactly on why not to engage in this type of thread. It turns into a pissy contest. It is better to leave it alone. There is nothing to positive to gain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have the overall results from this past weekends Whipple tournament? (2024 div) Thank you in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I remember:
Igloo • Tied Legacy1 / beat Lady Bengals / beat Liberty -
Lady Bengals • tied Liberty / lost to Igloo / Beat Legacy1 -
Liberty • Tied Lady Bengals / beat Legacy1 / lost to Igloo -
Legacy1 • tied Liberty / lost to Igloo / lost to Lady Bengals -
-
All pretty much even it seemed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I remember:
Igloo • Tied Legacy1 / beat Lady Bengals / beat Liberty -
Lady Bengals • tied Liberty / lost to Igloo / Beat Legacy1 -
Liberty • Tied Lady Bengals / beat Legacy1 / lost to Igloo -
Legacy1 • tied Liberty / lost to Igloo / lost to Lady Bengals -
-
All pretty much even it seemed

Uhhh, no

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty lost to Igloo and Legacy, tied Bengals
Igloo tied Legacy and won against Liberty and Bengals
Legacy tied Igloo, won against Liberty and lost to Bengals

All close games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I've heard. Interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2024 Blue wins the Lax by the Sea tourney, great final game against STEPS Elite Blue. Have to say though, the STEPS director was out of hand on the sideline during the final game. She was screaming at the ref about giving a red card instead of a yellow and then yelling at some of the YJ parents on the sidelines. Scary stuff, some of the girls were shocked by the language.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why aren't either YJ 24 team playing in the top bracket this weekend at Laxin Out Loud? Very surprised.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a JOKE! Paying all that money to have a dad and mom coach the 2024 team at Laxin out loud. Call the police . We have been robbed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the Bandit 2024 team ? They knocked off Big Apple Elite ( Shannon Smiths team) Icon, and team 91 this weekend. They did loose to Igloo in the finals, but looked really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the Bandit 2024 team ? They knocked off Big Apple Elite ( Shannon Smiths team) Icon, and team 91 this weekend. They did loose to Igloo in the finals, but looked really good.

C'mon, really. Team 91 for girls in all age brackets can't compete with anyone except PAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a JOKE! Paying all that money to have a dad and mom coach the 2024 team at Laxin out loud. Call the police . We have been robbed!

I agree, the 2023 team has a daddy coach who knows nothing about LAX. And his kid never comes off the field. When is CR going to stop with this nonsense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My point exactly on why not to engage in this type of thread. It turns into a pissy contest. It is better to leave it alone. There is nothing to positive to gain.

Thats right, just bury your head I. The sand and let life pass you by. Great advice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What a JOKE! Paying all that money to have a dad and mom coach the 2024 team at Laxin out loud. Call the police . We have been robbed!

I agree, the 2023 team has a daddy coach who knows nothing about LAX. And his kid never comes off the field. When is CR going to stop with this nonsense

Why would she do anything? You'll complain but be at tryouts in the fall.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard