BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 264 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
sounds like team that isn't csh or Manhasset rhymes with barden skitty

Why? You should be specific when you put out ominous posts. Like you sound like you rhyme with man hole. Syo daddy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you believe HS coaches are irrelevant, you are not in the process. Common sense dictates that the coach you are PAYING is going to be biased in a positive manner toward the player. Basically a HS coach has no axe to grind with a kid, unless there is something going on, such as a disaster of a parent or the kid is a cancer on the team.
If the college coach already knew about these players why did he bother with the call to the coach? Sounds like he knew all he needed to know. The HS coach gave him his opinion and the college coach didn't like it? Sounds really odd to me. What HS are we talking about here?

So you're okay with your sons Varsity coach pitching other kids when an interested college coach calls about your son? I am not. If a college coach is interested in my son, I would expect the varsity coach to focus on my son, not divert his attention. Its not the varsity coaches job to pitch other players to college coaches when they call about a specific player. Hidden agenda perhaps? Club ball conflict?

It most certainly is HIS job to pitch players to a coach/program he thinks may benefit the player. The coach of the HS team doesn't work for YOU. He works for the district, he is the coach for the entire team. If the varsity coach recommended your son to the Duke coach because he felt he was a good fit BUT the Duke coach wasn't calling for your son, would there still be a problem? Doubtful. And no I would not have a problem if my son's varsity coach recommended another player. I also know my son ahs no character issues with his coach. He has a reputation as a quiet kid who works hard.

You would be okay if Duke coach called your sons Varsity coach to inquire about him and his HS coach tried to pitch another kid? You can't be serious. You would be livid that the Varsity coach may have just ruined your sons chances of attending Duke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you believe HS coaches are irrelevant, you are not in the process. Common sense dictates that the coach you are PAYING is going to be biased in a positive manner toward the player. Basically a HS coach has no axe to grind with a kid, unless there is something going on, such as a disaster of a parent or the kid is a cancer on the team.
If the college coach already knew about these players why did he bother with the call to the coach? Sounds like he knew all he needed to know. The HS coach gave him his opinion and the college coach didn't like it? Sounds really odd to me. What HS are we talking about here?

So you're okay with your sons Varsity coach pitching other kids when an interested college coach calls about your son? I am not. If a college coach is interested in my son, I would expect the varsity coach to focus on my son, not divert his attention. Its not the varsity coaches job to pitch other players to college coaches when they call about a specific player. Hidden agenda perhaps? Club ball conflict?

It most certainly is HIS job to pitch players to a coach/program he thinks may benefit the player. The coach of the HS team doesn't work for YOU. He works for the district, he is the coach for the entire team. If the varsity coach recommended your son to the Duke coach because he felt he was a good fit BUT the Duke coach wasn't calling for your son, would there still be a problem? Doubtful. And no I would not have a problem if my son's varsity coach recommended another player. I also know my son ahs no character issues with his coach. He has a reputation as a quiet kid who works hard.

. . . not at the expense of the player the college coach called about!

These are issues that we as parents raised with our school superintendent, to the point where the school district has now drafted official and formal policies/conduct for the varsity coaches with regards to recruiting communications and responsibilities. This now also includes NCAA recruiting-related training for both coaches and guidance. More school districts should go this route as it makes for a much cleaner recruiting landscape for student athletes and their parents, and reduces the chances of incidents such as the one being discussed - there is theoretically actual policy and, thus, accountability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would be okay if Duke coach called your sons Varsity coach to inquire about him and his HS coach tried to pitch another kid? You can't be serious. You would be livid that the Varsity coach may have just ruined your sons chances of attending Duke.

What did your son do? There are two sides to every story, what is the other side?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have raised a serious topic, but have provided little detail. What is the issue with the coach? Are you saying he just doesn't like your son? That sounds very odd. I have encountered many coaches in my life. None have put personal likes or dislikes in front of a young man's education/future. Even those coaches who were complete ball breakers. There has to be more to this story. Can you elaborate?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, done with the process. Of the 6 schools very interested, only ONE called the HS Coach. Again, if you read my post, I was talking about a HS Coach who has a profit motive, there are plenty. Some will be pissed that you chose to play travel over School Summer team. When the College Coach speaks to the Club Coach, he can let him know that the HS Coach has an axe to grind because you didn't pay to play!!! Get it now, Dummy?
For those kids whose parents are a problem, I assure you, if the College Coach thinks the kids skill set will help win games, he'll deal with it. Simply by telling his players if I get one call from one your parents, you'll ALL run till you puke everyday next week...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's an awesome solution. like it a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, done with the process. Of the 6 schools very interested, only ONE called the HS Coach. Again, if you read my post, I was talking about a HS Coach who has a profit motive, there are plenty. Some will be pissed that you chose to play travel over School Summer team. When the College Coach speaks to the Club Coach, he can let him know that the HS Coach has an axe to grind because you didn't pay to play!!! Get it now, Dummy?
For those kids whose parents are a problem, I assure you, if the College Coach thinks the kids skill set will help win games, he'll deal with it. Simply by telling his players if I get one call from one your parents, you'll ALL run till you puke everyday next week...

You brought all this up, then got defensive, I assume much like your BRAT of a son. I'm sure that is the issue. You should all go hug each other. GOT IT DUMMY! Do me a favor go [lacrosse]*k yourself you self absorbed jerk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK time to move on - who has the best attack in Nassau/Suffolk - midfield - defense and goalie- defensive midfield - faceoff midfild - coaching staffs - play nice and do units not individuals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC attack has to be right up there, before u idiots star I am from Pequa.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset has 2 of the best Attack anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have raised a serious topic, but have provided little detail. What is the issue with the coach? Are you saying he just doesn't like your son? That sounds very odd. I have encountered many coaches in my life. None have put personal likes or dislikes in front of a young man's education/future. Even those coaches who were complete ball breakers. There has to be more to this story. Can you elaborate?

This is a serious topic, HS coaches shouldn't play God with a kids future. Don't like a kid? Keep it to yourself. As for trying to sell a college coach on another player? Save that for another call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Syosset would never play both Cham and St. Ant's because the tend to loose kids to both schools.

If they loose big, then bye by next years crop.

Not sure what town u r from but u don't seem to know anything about Syosset. I can't remember any kids ever leaving Syosset to go to St. Anthony's and play lacrosse and as far as Chaminade if one player goes every 4-5 years that's a lot. And you're wrong about Syosset not playing them, they have played (non league/scrimmage) both teams for a few years and they are always close close scores, usually within 1.
Kids would have no reason ,except the catholic education , to leave Syosset for those schools. They have better academics at Syosset as well as great athletics which either rival or surpass depending on the sport . It would be throwing money away.

Plus you can not enter chaminade after 9th grade so that would be false for above statement. Syosset plays good teams to get better, cause conference is weak!

Slick you must not be from Syosset because there was a d pole that went to St. Anthonys and is now back

Also a d-pole went to Chami and came back.

He left ST A's because he knew he would not start.

And you know this ??? Stop speculating on things you know absolutely nothing about. You [bleep'n] ignorant poser. Get a life or even a job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did they transfer in from? Don't remember Manhasset being good last year. Didn't they lose to GC like 2X?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a serious topic, HS coaches shouldn't play God with a kids future. Don't like a kid? Keep it to yourself. As for trying to sell a college coach on another player? Save that for another call.

Agreed. No idea what the answer is... Your F'ed either way a parent.
Only advice to help limit vindictive Coach, is have your SON ask HS coach, if he would offer college recommendation. If answer is YES, ask HS coach for permission to copy on College email correspondence...and/ or ask HS coach to copy (player) on email recommendations send to College Coach...
AND DO NOT experiment this with your son's first choice...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did they transfer in from? Don't remember Manhasset being good last year. Didn't they lose to GC like 2X?

Transfers ? They have the number 26 and 61 recruits in country on their attack. Going to Hopkins and Michigan. Saying stupid things doesn't make you very credible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you believe HS coaches are irrelevant, you are not in the process. Common sense dictates that the coach you are PAYING is going to be biased in a positive manner toward the player. Basically a HS coach has no axe to grind with a kid, unless there is something going on, such as a disaster of a parent or the kid is a cancer on the team.

For those kids whose parents are a problem, I assure you, if the College Coach thinks the kids skill set will help win games, he'll deal with it. Simply by telling his players if I get one call from one your parents, you'll ALL run till you puke everyday next week... [/quote
]
Reality is Most College Coaches, think most, HS Lacrosse coaches are jokes... College coaches tend to quietly resent ambitious, greedy public HS Coaches that profit from players with no real choice...
Don't believe me?? Why do you think every college coach has a minimum of 3 prospect camps?? College coaches want to help marginalize the HS and Club coaches' power and share in the profit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over rated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you believe HS coaches are irrelevant, you are not in the process. Common sense dictates that the coach you are PAYING is going to be biased in a positive manner toward the player. Basically a HS coach has no axe to grind with a kid, unless there is something going on, such as a disaster of a parent or the kid is a cancer on the team.

For those kids whose parents are a problem, I assure you, if the College Coach thinks the kids skill set will help win games, he'll deal with it. Simply by telling his players if I get one call from one your parents, you'll ALL run till you puke everyday next week... [/quote
]
Reality is Most College Coaches, think most, HS Lacrosse coaches are jokes... College coaches tend to quietly resent ambitious, greedy public HS Coaches that profit from players with no real choice...
Don't believe me?? Why do you think every college coach has a minimum of 3 prospect camps?? College coaches want to help marginalize the HS and Club coaches' power and share in the profit

You have got to be kidding me! Why do the college coaches have 3 prospect camps....for the money moron!! You are a lost cause, I cannot even begin to think you have any clue at all. Every college coach WAS a HS coach. Here's a shocker, the average salary of a HS coach on LI when combined with their teaching salaries is better than most D-1 lacrosse coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, of course they do, Doctor. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coach telling the kids he's going to run them until they puke...that's a program that isn't winning much. Not sure you have any dealings with a D-1 program, because that just isn't happening. More likely, if your parents call to complain you'll never see the field. Then you're life will be made miserable until you leave the program. That's reality. Running til you puke is what HS coaches do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only advice to help limit vindictive Coach, is have your SON ask HS coach, if he would offer college recommendation. If answer is YES, ask HS coach for permission to copy on College email correspondence...and/ or ask HS coach to copy (player) on email recommendations send to College Coach...

Not sure why the HS coach should hide the fact that a kid is a sh*t? You keep bringing up the shortcomings of the coach, address the kid's issues, not the adults.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Transfers ? They have the number 26 and 61 recruits in country on their attack. Going to Hopkins and Michigan. Saying stupid things doesn't make you very credible.

Michigan has an NCAA lacrosse program? I thought it was still club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's amazing that you can not have an adult discussion on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe last year was their first year as a D1 program (maybe 2 years ago)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Michigan went D1 back in 2012.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why the HS coach should hide the fact that a kid is a sh*t? You keep bringing up the shortcomings of the coach, address the kid's issues, not the adults.

Why do you assume the kid did anything wrong?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"If Dickie Dunn (Ty Xanders) said it, than it must be true" - Reg Dunlap

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't have an adult conversation here because people would rather post their opinions and assumptions as facts. They ask questions and when asked details about these questions get defensive. Adults on BOTC insult other towns/jobs/political leanings etc. Then can't believe it when someone throws it back in their faces.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alot of talk of Nassau predictions. South Side looks to have a good season.Very Good defense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here are my predictions for the top ten in Nassau

#1) CSH - sometimes little is better
#2) GC - just imagine if they could keep kids from Chaminade
#3) Syo - they will stick together like ig glue
#4) LV - will be better then expected
#5) 'Set - #26 and #61 apparently are very good
#6) Mass - lots of young talent
#7) Lyn - will be a tough out
#8) Want - getting closer every year
#9) Farm - lost a ton but always scrappy
#10) Oyster Bay - clear sailing to LIC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying to figure why a coach would blacklist a kid. I played sports in both HS and college and never saw this. Players were blacklisted or disliked by coaches because of their attitude. Any HS coach worth his salary would extend that to a college coach. If he doesn't that has a negative impact on the program as that coach becomes a pariah and kids on the team will cease to be recruited. I'll ask again, what school are we talking about here? Maybe another parent can then confirm the coach is a vindictive [lacrosse]hole, otherwise I'm placing my bet on the kid being a nightmare as well as the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So holdbacks are OK? Listen I don't care about holdbacks, I don't do it and I don't care if you do it. But way too many parents on BOTC freak out about it, then they give a pass to the guy who does it, saying hey it's OK it made it more competitive. Either it's OK or it's not. Can't have it both ways. His actions and his kids actions showed all the other parents that a year can make a difference. How do you know someone didn't hold back their kid after seeing this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is how a D-1 program is run, not "sprints until you puke"

In multiple discussions throughout the offseason, Tiffany has made discipline and player responsibility a priority during his first year at the helm of the Virginia program. Bringing over a concept from Brown, Tiffany formed the "Sabre Committee," which consists of the three captains, as well as representatives from the freshman, sophomore and junior classes and meets with Tiffany about team issues, giving players ownership of the decision-making process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ig glue.... clever!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OB - seriously?? Just because they get into LIC by virtue of no other teams in Class D does not make them Top 10. EVERY other team in Class C is better than they are!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You brought all this up, then got defensive, I assume much like your BRAT of a son. I'm sure that is the issue. You should all go hug each other. GOT IT DUMMY! Do me a favor go [lacrosse]*k yourself you self absorbed jerk.

Listen DUMMY, I have no idea what your incoherent post even means... Don't worry about mine. Well adjusted young man, just like Dad. You? Not so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coach telling the kids he's going to run them until they puke...that's a program that isn't winning much. Not sure you have any dealings with a D-1 program, because that just isn't happening. More likely, if your parents call to complain you'll never see the field. Then you're life will be made miserable until you leave the program. That's reality. Running til you puke is what HS coaches do.

Actually you're 100% wrong. Know first hand of a current top ten coach that ran his team this past fall until kids puked. Further, one kid passed out. He then punished the team with even more running because the one kid passed out. Oh and the initial running was just "conditioning". You Sir, have no idea what these Coaches are capable of.
Oh, did you see the big guy on side lines for Hop last night? You are aware that as little as a 3 or 4 years ago he made his players run from Homewood field to the USNA. Because he didn't like the way they were practicing. Get a map out and see how far that is??? Its about as far off as your understanding of how things ARE handled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually you're 100% wrong. Know first hand of a current top ten coach that ran his team this past fall until kids puked. Further, one kid passed out. He then punished the team with even more running because the one kid passed out. Oh and the initial running was just "conditioning". You Sir, have no idea what these Coaches are capable of.
Oh, did you see the big guy on side lines for Hop last night? You are aware that as little as a 3 or 4 years ago he made his players run from Homewood field to the USNA. Because he didn't like the way they were practicing. Get a map out and see how far that is??? Its about as far off as your understanding of how things ARE handled.

~32 Miles?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen DUMMY, I have no idea what your incoherent post even means... Don't worry about mine. Well adjusted young man, just like Dad. You? Not so much.

You're a cry baby, so is your son, that's why he got blacklisted. Funny if he's committed, no worries so name the HS he attends, or is your entire post BS just like your son's attitude. Next time STUPID don't post your kids emotional issues on BOTC, MORON

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 264 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard