BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 264 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me tune you in Brave daddy, boys make mistakes....dads protect their sons. Which one do you relate with? Hahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you the wicked witch of the east or the west?
Or just of Syosset?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ones that aren't bats**t crazy like , well you, lady.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's change the discussion to parity in Men's D1 lacrosse. Duke gets beat at home by Air Force 11-10 !!! With all the top recruits and multiple PG's all over the field for Duke, they fall to a squad mostly comprised of kids who were not highly recruited...
Parity is here to stay folks. You will see more of this with different teams throughout the year. Let's face it, we were a broken foot and a missed shot or two from having Brown and MU in the final last year.

Just sayin' and not disagreeing with the overall point, but AF has a lot of athletes do a PG year as those men don't get any significant breaks from the academic and military training elements of being at the Academy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's change the discussion to parity in Men's D1 lacrosse. Duke gets beat at home by Air Force 11-10 !!! With all the top recruits and multiple PG's all over the field for Duke, they fall to a squad mostly comprised of kids who were not highly recruited...
Parity is here to stay folks. You will see more of this with different teams throughout the year. Let's face it, we were a broken foot and a missed shot or two from having Brown and MU in the final last year.

Just sayin' and not disagreeing with the overall point, but AF has a lot of athletes do a PG year as those men don't get any significant breaks from the academic and military training elements of being at the Academy.

Fair point. However, consider this: Duke has had the top 1,2 or 3 recruiting classes for many years. Supposedly getting the best players year in and year out. By that measure alone, they should beat AF with their second line at every position. Point is, most of these Coaches have no idea what they're doing with recruiting. Ty Xanders and the rest of these morons that "rank" kids, have even less of an idea of what they're talking about. If they were even close to being right, Duke would have won that game yesterday by 10. Parity is here to stay. My second prediction is that all this early recruiting over the last few years will only increase the level of parity.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Syosset would never play both Cham and St. Ant's because the tend to loose kids to both schools.

If they loose big, then bye by next years crop.

Not sure what town u r from but u don't seem to know anything about Syosset. I can't remember any kids ever leaving Syosset to go to St. Anthony's and play lacrosse and as far as Chaminade if one player goes every 4-5 years that's a lot. And you're wrong about Syosset not playing them, they have played (non league/scrimmage) both teams for a few years and they are always close close scores, usually within 1.
Kids would have no reason ,except the catholic education , to leave Syosset for those schools. They have better academics at Syosset as well as great athletics which either rival or surpass depending on the sport . It would be throwing money away.

Plus you can not enter chaminade after 9th grade so that would be false for above statement. Syosset plays good teams to get better, cause conference is weak!

Slick you must not be from Syosset because there was a d pole that went to St. Anthonys and is now back

Also a d-pole went to Chami and came back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How far will a Varsity coach go to screw over a kid he doesn't like (or perhaps, doesn't like his father)? Would he tell inquiring college coaches that the kid is a bad seed? To look elsewhere? Could that really be possible? Thanks for feedback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How far will a Varsity coach go to screw over a kid he doesn't like (or perhaps, doesn't like his father)? Would he tell inquiring college coaches that the kid is a bad seed? To look elsewhere? Could that really be possible? Thanks for feedback.

Yes, the blackball exists. When the college coach calls he will let him know that the young man may be a good player, but beware of him due to events other than lacrosse. NCC year required.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Syosset would never play both Cham and St. Ant's because the tend to loose kids to both schools.

If they loose big, then bye by next years crop.

Not sure what town u r from but u don't seem to know anything about Syosset. I can't remember any kids ever leaving Syosset to go to St. Anthony's and play lacrosse and as far as Chaminade if one player goes every 4-5 years that's a lot. And you're wrong about Syosset not playing them, they have played (non league/scrimmage) both teams for a few years and they are always close close scores, usually within 1.
Kids would have no reason ,except the catholic education , to leave Syosset for those schools. They have better academics at Syosset as well as great athletics which either rival or surpass depending on the sport . It would be throwing money away.

Plus you can not enter chaminade after 9th grade so that would be false for above statement. Syosset plays good teams to get better, cause conference is weak!

Slick you must not be from Syosset because there was a d pole that went to St. Anthonys and is now back

Also a d-pole went to Chami and came back.

He left ST A's because he knew he would not start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the blackball exists. When the college coach calls he will let him know that the young man may be a good player, but beware of him due to events other than lacrosse. NCC year required.

A coach should be fired for blackballing a player. Period.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no coach wants to or needs to take a player who has a painful mom and or dad.
not worth it . too many good kids with talent who don't have "that" Mom or Dad as baggage.
they do not know more than the coach, refs. or everyone else. make a bunch of stupid cliché' comments.
sadly...these people don't believe this applies to them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its called feedback. college coach needs the insight of h.s. coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's going to tell?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might even deserve to get his A$$ kicked, just sayin...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no coach wants to or needs to take a player who has a painful mom and or dad.
not worth it . too many good kids with talent who don't have "that" Mom or Dad as baggage.
they do not know more than the coach, refs. or everyone else. make a bunch of stupid cliché' comments.
sadly...these people don't believe this applies to them

No one mentioned "that" Mom or Dad being a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
those are the people who think their little superstar was blackballed somehow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black balling and giving honest feedback are two different things. If coach overly praises every player to recruiters and they turn ouot to be busts or really behavioral problems the college coaches will no longer pay any mind to that HS coaches recommendations and perehaps even kids coming out of the HS--this is fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. I do think that any responsible h.s. coach would be candid about how the parents of a potential recruit behaves. part of the package in addition to talent evaluation. If they have been
loud mouth, know it alls, this will likely continue in college (same goes for the a$$ kissers). who needs that garbage?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you basing these facts on? College coaches go on the scouts first, great talent says scout A. Call the HS coach says college coach. Okay says scout. HS coach says, hey great talent, but the kids a nightmare, dad is a helicopter. Will poison your team. Kay says scout, who relays to coach. Who then in turn during discussions with other coaches ( most are friends believe it or not) says oh yeah we had Johnny on the radar but he/dad is a cancer to the team. This circulates and voila, Johnny is blackballed. The team comes first not your son. Character counts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black balling and giving honest feedback are two different things. If coach overly praises every player to recruiters and they turn ouot to be busts or really behavioral problems the college coaches will no longer pay any mind to that HS coaches recommendations and perehaps even kids coming out of the HS--this is fact.

Parents find out when the college coach tells the parents what the HS school told him. Many HS coaches have an agenda, its just life and have to deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At some point parents have to realize it's not everyone else, it's you and your kid. The high school coach agenda thing doesn't really fly. Why does the coach have a beef with your kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what am I basing facts upon? ( never end a sentence with a preposition) ? you just said the same thing but with more detail. whom do you actually define as a scout? do you mean asst. coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what am I basing facts upon? ( never end a sentence with a preposition) ? you just said the same thing but with more detail. whom do you actually define as a scout? do you mean asst. coach?

Yes, you said fact. What facts? And since you're such a tool, I'm guessing YOU are the reason your kid got blackballed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]what am I basing facts upon? ( never end a sentence with a preposition) ? you just said the same thing but with more detail. whom do you actually define as a scout? do you mean asst. coach?

Yes, you said fact. What facts? And since you're such a tool, I'm guessing YOU are the reason your kid got blackballed.
[/quote

Is this another Syosset / GC / every other school that hates Syosset debate. I'm so lost who blackballed who and there's a witch involved as well as Indian names and dads with no balls. How come there is only Syosset bashing what about the other 100+ schools on Long Island that have boys lacrosse programs. Give it a break

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The poster asked about getting blacklisted by coaches. Then didn't like the responses, One can only assume his son is getting negative feedback from the coaches of his high school team. Don't ask questions you don't want the answer too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The poster asked about getting blacklisted by coaches. Then didn't like the responses, One can only assume his son is getting negative feedback from the coaches of his high school team. Don't ask questions you don't want the answer too.

Sounds like that movie with Tom Cruise as a high school football player. "Stef" Djordjevic
"All The Right Moves" famous quote
Steff:
Scholarship here, no scholarship here. Who the [lacrosse] gave you that power?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my experience with my HS coach and college coaches. I never got the warm and fuzzy feeling from his HS coach that he particularly liked my kid. When college coaches called he was 100% positive but somewhat lukewarm - (two ways to say things). I can also say from my experiences D1's and D2's and top D3's are not calling the HS coach about lacrosse ability, they see film, they see the kid at a prospect camp or showcases, they are calling to see how hard they work, are they leaders on and off the field. HS coach needs to be honest with college coach about the kid if they want to be able to help other kid in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was the poster of the question: "How far will a HS coach go to screw over a player?" My son is committed, I have no axe to grind but I'm curious if what one of the College coaches could be true. He said when he called the HS coach he tried to sell him on other players.... "You don't want that kid, you should look at XXXXX" The college coach had seen them all play numerous times and replied "I've watched XXXXX play and I'm really interested in ZZZZZZ" And the HS coach persisted in trying to sell him on XXXXX. The college coach told us he had never experienced such a recruiting call and thought the HS coach was out of line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At some point parents have to realize it's not everyone else, it's you and your kid. The high school coach agenda thing doesn't really fly. Why does the coach have a beef with your kid?

Let's face it, there are some great HS Coaches and there are some, that are really twisted individuals. Many are on some crazy power trips. They want to win at all cost for themselves, not the kids.
I could see one of these coaches, especially ones with their own summer profit center, I mean team, being a real [lacrosse]hole.
This is why you have to play travel so there is another side to the story.
Get your side of the story out to the schools you're interested in. Have club Coach preemptively invalidate HS Coaches story. Look, many College Coaches don't even talk to HS Coaches. Most are irrelevant in the process these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was the poster of the question: "How far will a HS coach go to screw over a player?" My son is committed, I have no axe to grind but I'm curious if what one of the College coaches could be true. He said when he called the HS coach he tried to sell him on other players.... "You don't want that kid, you should look at XXXXX" The college coach had seen them all play numerous times and replied "I've watched XXXXX play and I'm really interested in ZZZZZZ" And the HS coach persisted in trying to sell him on XXXXX. The college coach told us he had never experienced such a recruiting call and thought the HS coach was out of line.

maybe the coach thought your kid was such a good player he would have other options and he was trying to help the other kid ( glass is half full) or more than likely the coach was a huge [lacrosse]HOLE (glass is half empty) and that is more likely the answer. congratulation to your kid and best of luck to him going to play for a coach that appreciates him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A big difference between being a HS coach vs. being a college coach is the ability to pick your players as opposed to have to coach the players you are given. The college coaches I have had dealings with seem to take the "Character" part of the equation seriously but at the end of the day they seem to be most interested in ability, athleticism and size (you can coach lacrosse but you can't coach size and speed) and they do not depend on HS coaches for that. They all have pretty big egos and believe they can mold the kid into what they want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you believe HS coaches are irrelevant, you are not in the process. Common sense dictates that the coach you are PAYING is going to be biased in a positive manner toward the player. Basically a HS coach has no axe to grind with a kid, unless there is something going on, such as a disaster of a parent or the kid is a cancer on the team.
If the college coach already knew about these players why did he bother with the call to the coach? Sounds like he knew all he needed to know. The HS coach gave him his opinion and the college coach didn't like it? Sounds really odd to me. What HS are we talking about here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe the coach thought your kid was such a good player he would have other options and he was trying to help the other kid ( glass is half full) or more than likely the coach was a huge [lacrosse]HOLE (glass is half empty) and that is more likely the answer. congratulation to your kid and best of luck to him going to play for a coach that appreciates him.

Seriously, is this the same poster answering his own posts? because it sure seems like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, is this the same poster answering his own posts? because it sure seems like it.

you never know... there is always the equation that the player the coach wanted... didnt want that school... and the coach knew another player did, and as a good coach tried to steer the college coach in a different direction without coming right out and saying anything.

Glass 3/4 full!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you believe HS coaches are irrelevant, you are not in the process. Common sense dictates that the coach you are PAYING is going to be biased in a positive manner toward the player. Basically a HS coach has no axe to grind with a kid, unless there is something going on, such as a disaster of a parent or the kid is a cancer on the team.
If the college coach already knew about these players why did he bother with the call to the coach? Sounds like he knew all he needed to know. The HS coach gave him his opinion and the college coach didn't like it? Sounds really odd to me. What HS are we talking about here?

So you're okay with your sons Varsity coach pitching other kids when an interested college coach calls about your son? I am not. If a college coach is interested in my son, I would expect the varsity coach to focus on my son, not divert his attention. Its not the varsity coaches job to pitch other players to college coaches when they call about a specific player. Hidden agenda perhaps? Club ball conflict?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you believe HS coaches are irrelevant, you are not in the process. (irrelevant about lacrosse ability not character), Common sense dictates that the coach you are PAYING is going to be biased in a positive manner toward the player. (true, that is why a negative evaluation is so potentially damaging) Basically a HS coach has no axe to grind with a kid, unless there is something going on, such as a disaster of a parent or the kid is a cancer on the team. (or he just doesn't like the kid)
If the college coach already knew about these players why did he bother with the call to the coach? (character and work ethic) Sounds like he knew all he needed to know. The HS coach gave him his opinion and the college coach didn't like it? Sounds really odd to me. What HS are we talking about here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you never know... there is always the equation that the player the coach wanted... didnt want that school... and the coach knew another player did, and as a good coach tried to steer the college coach in a different direction without coming right out and saying anything.

Glass 3/4 full!

You make a good point, but I think the person who wrote the original question was referring to a scenario where the kid actually wanted to go to that particular college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like team that isn't csh or Manhasset rhymes with barden skitty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're okay with your sons Varsity coach pitching other kids when an interested college coach calls about your son? I am not. If a college coach is interested in my son, I would expect the varsity coach to focus on my son, not divert his attention. Its not the varsity coaches job to pitch other players to college coaches when they call about a specific player. Hidden agenda perhaps? Club ball conflict?

It most certainly is HIS job to pitch players to a coach/program he thinks may benefit the player. The coach of the HS team doesn't work for YOU. He works for the district, he is the coach for the entire team. If the varsity coach recommended your son to the Duke coach because he felt he was a good fit BUT the Duke coach wasn't calling for your son, would there still be a problem? Doubtful. And no I would not have a problem if my son's varsity coach recommended another player. I also know my son ahs no character issues with his coach. He has a reputation as a quiet kid who works hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the parents fault, not the kid...always look at the parents.

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 264 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard