BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 58 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
you are really out of your mind. where do you get that about 1 middie ,line? many mid range would lose to strong high school teams? really? where do you get that concept? you really are a windbag.

I guess you never played lacrosse in college? Did you even play in high school?

Mid level D3 still have solid 2 mid lines and 3rd that can play utility. A top 10 or 15 high school could compete or beat mid level and down, which really isn't a criticism.

You obviously NEVER played lacrosse in college if you believe that. Based on that statement all the BOTC hold back haters are now proven to be blow hards, because a bunch of HS kids can beat college players!

Your argument is not logical. The 200th ranked D3 school isn't beating the MIAA champs any given year.

They probably beat the MIAA champ, just not the Long Island Champs.

A different argument, but another great example to the original point, agreed on that part!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are really out of your mind. where do you get that about 1 middie ,line? many mid range would lose to strong high school teams? really? where do you get that concept? you really are a windbag.

I guess you never played lacrosse in college? Did you even play in high school?

Mid level D3 still have solid 2 mid lines and 3rd that can play utility. A top 10 or 15 high school could compete or beat mid level and down, which really isn't a criticism.

You obviously NEVER played lacrosse in college if you believe that. Based on that statement all the BOTC hold back haters are now proven to be blow hards, because a bunch of HS kids can beat college players!

Your argument is not logical. The 200th ranked D3 school isn't beating the MIAA champs any given year.

They probably beat the MIAA champ, just not the Long Island Champs.

Ha, I think this is something that we (on this board at least) can all get behind. Making fun of wimpy Baltimore players will never get old for me.

But seriously: deep, strong Long Island teams (think Ward Melville, Chaminade, St. Anthony's, etc.) really would beat up on even mid-level D3 schools. Against weaker D3 teams, they'd have to play the bench. Watching a Chaminade vs. St. Anthony's game or the Class A Long Island Championship game is more akin to watching a D1 game than a D3 one, at least in terms of player skill and overall game speed.

I'm pretty sure anyone with sons who've played at both levels will agree with me here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's asinine! Now class A HS players are beating D-1 schools. You guys are clueless. None f you have EVER played this sport. None of you, you're clowns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's asinine! Now class A HS players are beating D-1 schools. You guys are clueless. None f you have EVER played this sport. None of you, you're clowns.

Nobody claimed that.

But the best team from Suffolk A in any particular year would would trounce many lower level D3 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I was with you at lower level D3, but the wild hard turn to D1 threw the argument to unrealistic. No, just no. Kind of like saying the teams you list are better than top Baltimore teams. No again.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They probably beat the MIAA champ, just not the Long Island Champs. [/quote]

Ha, I think this is something that we (on this board at least) can all get behind. Making fun of wimpy Baltimore players will never get old for me.

But seriously: deep, strong Long Island teams (think Ward Melville, Chaminade, St. Anthony's, etc.) really would beat up on even mid-level D3 schools. Against weaker D3 teams, they'd have to play the bench. Watching a Chaminade vs. St. Anthony's game or the Class A Long Island Championship game is more akin to watching a D1 game than a D3 one, at least in terms of player skill and overall game speed.

I'm pretty sure anyone with sons who've played at both levels will agree with me here. [/quote]

Nope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today was national signing day, you know the day in which real athletes that o she your kid to the end of the bench sign for a FULL scholarship and the chance of going pro and making a living off of going pro.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I was with you at lower level D3, but the wild hard turn to D1 threw the argument to unrealistic. No, just no. Kind of like saying the teams you list are better than top Baltimore teams. No again.

I never claimed that any high school would beat a D1 team. I did say that high level high school lacrosse looks more like D1 lacrosse than it does like low-level D3. I stand by that.

And as to your second point, I guess we'll find out later this year: St. Anthony's is playing Boys' Latin and Chaminade is playing McDonogh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
..and Alabama would beat Cleveland Browns, right? apples and oranges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no they wouldnt, but Clemson would.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a mid level D111 team? Roanoke? Denison? St. Lawrence? Hamilton? So, you people believe that a team made up of mostly 19, 20 and 21 year old men that play lacrosse at a Varsity level would lose to lets say, Garden City or Cold Spring Harbor? Really? College athletes have MUCH better training then any HS except for maybe IMG or The Hill. Men vs Boys in a contact sport? So funny. You people are out of your collective minds.

BTW, Vegas thought that if Ala played the Browns, then Cleveland would be 21 pt favorites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top players from top teams rarely get p.t. at next level ( even the PG guys) be it D1,2 or 3 until a couple of years in if they hang in there. some even get cut . we all know of kids from top programs getting cut .
college is a collection players from lots of different programs including the usual best names in h.s. look at some D3 rosters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the posters who claim that HS would beat D3 are not BOTC "Holdback" conspiracy theorists right? Because 90% of the posts on here are the same hold back nonsense. Based on the fact that a HS team could beat a college team, hold backs don't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never claimed that any high school would beat a D1 team. I did say that high level high school lacrosse looks more like D1 lacrosse than it does like low-level D3. I stand by that.

And as to your second point, I guess we'll find out later this year: St. Anthony's is playing Boys' Latin and Chaminade is playing McDonogh.

Where can we find the schedule for the High School St Anthony's? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the posters who claim that HS would beat D3 are not BOTC "Holdback" conspiracy theorists right? Because 90% of the posts on here are the same hold back nonsense. Based on the fact that a HS team could beat a college team, hold backs don't matter.

The holdback coversations are most prevalent on the pre-HS forums . . . just saying . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't discount D3 if they are ranked in the top 20. Those men spend 4 hrs a day on lacrosse. Not to mention these are some of the best academic schools around. Some choose to go this route because of the the school and not only for lacrosse. That's called maturity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so only top 20 D 3 are worthy of playing a good h.s. team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't discount D3 if they are ranked in the top 20. Those men spend 4 hrs a day on lacrosse. Not to mention these are some of the best academic schools around. Some choose to go this route because of the the school and not only for lacrosse. That's called maturity.

Greater than that even, some in really strong divisions. Top 50 or thereabouts you find very strong ball. I think parents whose kids have really good HS teams probably getting ahead of themselves a bit with this discussion. Below top 100 or so, sure a great nationally ranked HS could beat, but that's not a shot at D3 ball, which is great great opportunity for any collegiate lax player. You are right, so many great academic opportunities at these schools as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a mid level D111 team? Roanoke? Denison? St. Lawrence? Hamilton? So, you people believe that a team made up of mostly 19, 20 and 21 year old men that play lacrosse at a Varsity level would lose to lets say, Garden City or Cold Spring Harbor? Really? College athletes have MUCH better training then any HS except for maybe IMG or The Hill. Men vs Boys in a contact sport? So funny. You people are out of your collective minds.

BTW, Vegas thought that if Ala played the Browns, then Cleveland would be 21 pt favorites.

Below top 100 range. Lacrosse is a skill sport. The best 17-19 year olds can beat average 20-23 year olds. There is only so much lax shape you can reach, skill and fundamentals equate to goals and stops. We can all agree an athlete on a nationally ranked HS team is no longer a boy when it comes to field presence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Below top 100 range. Lacrosse is a skill sport. The best 17-19 year olds can beat average 20-23 year olds. There is only so much lax shape you can reach, skill and fundamentals equate to goals and stops. We can all agree an athlete on a nationally ranked HS team is no longer a boy when it comes to field presence.

Again, only a person who NEVER played college athletics would ever believe this nonsense. Cortland would destroy EVERY HS team by 20, maybe 40. Their third string would beat them by 15-20 at least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any new D-1 programs that are set to start in the next 3 years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hopefully Dartmouth gets a D 1 team at some point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Greater than that even, some in really strong divisions. Top 50 or thereabouts you find very strong ball. I think parents whose kids have really good HS teams probably getting ahead of themselves a bit with this discussion. Below top 100 or so, sure a great nationally ranked HS could beat, but that's not a shot at D3 ball, which is great great opportunity for any collegiate lax player. You are right, so many great academic opportunities at these schools as well.

This is all I was saying. I never claimed that any high school was going to beat Tufts. But there are many, many D3 programs, most of them schools that none of us have ever heard of. There are more than 200 D3 programs across the US -- have any of you guys watched the 100th ranked team play the 150th?

And I'm not a doe-eyed first time high school parent either. And none of this should be read as a knock on D3 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Utah is a huge possibility, probably D1 by 2019. Dartmouth does play D1 lacrosse in response to a comment above

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clemson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, only a person who NEVER played college athletics would ever believe this nonsense. Cortland would destroy EVERY HS team by 20, maybe 40. Their third string would beat them by 15-20 at least.

Cortland finished in top 20 last year, so I think you are arguing with yourself. Cortland would crush a HS team, correct. Simply stated, I think what most are trying to say, is that a D3 team ranked like 100th or below would likely struggle against a nationally ranked top 10 HS team on any given year. The fact that anyone would object to this theory is surprising, as it is a very strong argument. We are talking about kids about to go play at top level of every division the next year, playing against kids that never played at that level, nor never will. What is so confusing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hopefully Dartmouth gets a D 1 team at some point.

post of the week right here folks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When I said don't discount the top 20 D3 teams I was not referring to them beating a HS team. That shouldn't even be an argument. Once you leave HS you usually don't look back. My son says the college experience is so much better. I was just stating that alot of you think that it's all about D1. It's not. I have kids on both and let me tell you. They both work equally hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clemson

That would be something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is objecting to the theory but a lot of your logic is flawed. therefore specious. look at the top programs freshman and sophomores in the mix at many high schools. how many high school teams at the higher level play all seniors? the age range is more like 15-18 and a few maybe 19 yrs. old for high school players. about to go to next level to "play" the following year? very few play freshman or even soph year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about a school like Geneseo, check the roster, several All County players from Nassau County. Where does Geneseo rank? How about Potsdam?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is objecting to the theory but a lot of your logic is flawed. therefore specious. look at the top programs freshman and sophomores in the mix at many high schools. how many high school teams at the higher level play all seniors? the age range is more like 15-18 and a few maybe 19 yrs. old for high school players. about to go to next level to "play" the following year? very few play freshman or even soph year.

More like 16-19, and on average 12-14 seniors, few Freshman contributing on top 10 nationally ranked HS teams. Playing means practicing everyday. Yes they will be playing and most at that level are in games by Spring their first college year, not saying starting, but these are the best of the best. Again, we are taking top 10 HS's in the nation, not just the best one that comes to mind in your area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think schools like Stanford, OREGON, Texas, VANDY may consider

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oregon USB a huge one, especially for Nike who wants some skin in the game from their "pilot school" like UA with Maryland or STX with Johns Hopkins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pretty surprising that ever ACC school does not have a lacrosse team. So many schools that could have good programs right out of the box - Wake, BC, VT, NC State...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love that. Clemson is,an awesome school. You think men or womenns?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try here when it gets closer to the season:
http://scores.newsday.com/sports/highschool/index.php?season=SP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not updated for 2017 yet, but should be here:
http://www.stanthonyshs.org/athletics/teams/boys-lacrosse/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Power / Boys / State / NY /Catholic