BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 264 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are you from? What did your program rank? Let's talk facts. Instead of trading nonsense tell everyone your program's success rate.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
buffoon
(bəˈ[lacrosse]ːn)
n
1. a person who amuses others by ridiculous or odd behaviour, jokes, etc

2. a foolish person

3. Any person from Garden City

Where you from? Bet you're too embarrassed to say

Well, suffix to say not the hallowed ground of GC that has been pretty fallow the past 6 years. I was thinking to move there a while back but the lacrosse was mediocre.

In 2012 they were the best team in the country.

you are right - I stand corrected...

I assume you are taking your info from Laxpower.

So let's look at more recent data points as well:

2012 - 1st
2013 - 4th
2014 - 51st
2015 - 88th
2016 - 120th

Interesting trend for such a vaunted program.

Any predictions for 2017?

Are those national rankings? Because that's pretty damn good for ANY program. Where did Syosset and CSH rank during those same years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
buffoon
(bəˈ[lacrosse]ːn)
n

2. a foolish person

Well, suffix to say not the hallowed ground of GC that has been pretty fallow the past 6 years. I was thinking to move there a while back but the lacrosse was mediocre.

2012 - 1st
2013 - 4th
2014 - 51st
2015 - 88th
2016 - 120th

Do any of the Wall Street Wizards notice a correlation with any changes to the way the garden city lacrosse program has been run over the past five or six years (youth -HS)? What changed ? What has led to such a downward trend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah everyone is crushed by those National rankings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what caused such a marked decline? And what does the future hold for GC? Inform us Nostradamus.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what caused such a marked decline? And what does the future hold for GC? Inform us Nostradamus.

Sorry, cant predict the future. However, inbreeding has been proven to [lacrosse] and restrictive practices rarely lead to greater development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
buffoon
(bəˈ[lacrosse]ːn)
n

2. a foolish person

2012 - 1st
2013 - 4th
2014 - 51st
2015 - 88th
2016 - 120th

The 2017 team will do just fine. Thanks for asking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you need a punch in the face

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, cant predict the future. However, inbreeding has been proven to [lacrosse] and restrictive practices rarely lead to greater development.

So says the guy who never played, but knows everything because his son plays at Bellmore JFK, and they don't win much, but if his son played at GC (HAHAHA) he would be awesome. Just so you get it, you're son sucks at lacrosse, and wouldn't even make the JV at GC because he well....sucks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean the person who posted about inbreeding thinking it was funny or clever to bring in mental disabilities.
fine if you don't like a town but really....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"So says the guy who never played, but knows everything because his son plays at Bellmore JFK, and they don't win much, but if his son played at GC (HAHAHA) he would be awesome. Just so you get it, you're son sucks at lacrosse, and wouldn't even make the JV at GC because he well....sucks!"

Whoever wrote the above is truly dumb as a box of rocks-regardless of what town you are originally from, currently live in or will be moving to a step down the ladder when your income catches up with your lack of intelligence. How could you possibly know anything about this posters son??? you are grasping...let it go. Focus on your work so you'll be able to send your kid to college and not foot him with the bill...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean the person who posted about inbreeding thinking it was funny or clever to bring in mental disabilities.

Don't think the poster was intending to make fun of individuals with any type of disability. I read it as an attempt to illustrate that the restrictive and incestuous nature of the garden city lacrosse program has resulted in a decline or lack of progress. Keeping your best players from competing with and against the best competition will [lacrosse] their growth and development. If you do not allow you best to reach their full potential it will negatively impact the team/program.

([lacrosse] - Delay or hold back in terms of progress, development or accomplishment.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"So says the guy who never played, but knows everything because his son plays at Bellmore JFK, and they don't win much, but if his son played at GC (HAHAHA) he would be awesome. Just so you get it, you're son sucks at lacrosse, and wouldn't even make the JV at GC because he well....sucks!"

Whoever wrote the above is truly dumb as a box of rocks-regardless of what town you are originally from, currently live in or will be moving to a step down the ladder when your income catches up with your lack of intelligence. How could you possibly know anything about this posters son??? you are grasping...let it go. Focus on your work so you'll be able to send your kid to college and not foot him with the bill...

You need to read some previous posts. Or you are the poster who is dropping nasty comments, now its about you and it's not funny. Don't start what you cant finish! I'm doing fabulous, I have no worries at all. As a matter of fact it keeps getting better. Kids are great, lacrosse is great, I have no complaints. And I stated as such, with humor, but typical of BOTC, jealous morons cant help themselves and have to slam others. So too damn bad. Now I'll get nasty, and if you don't like it, don't read it. Don't care

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ooooh nasty web posting guy. no, please; keep me laughing. I don't even understand what your above rant is specifically referencing. laugh it up fuzzball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ooooh nasty web posting guy. no, please; keep me laughing. I don't even understand what your above rant is specifically referencing. laugh it up fuzzball.

Again, read the posts before you decide to comment. but I guess you posted without reading anything. So not sure what you're commenting on, but you don't understand so you throw out an insult, like the guy I was referencing. Meaning youre as much of a moron as him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't we all just get along and talk about what we all have in common instead of our differences? like trashing Baltimore, trashing reclassification and trashing Port Washington?

Port Washington, the Garden City of the new millennium.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's a fuzzball?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't we all just get along and talk about what we all have in common instead of our differences? like trashing Baltimore, trashing reclassification and trashing Port Washington?

My complaint about Port Washington: Everyone refers to the school as "Schreiber" (the name of the high school) but the athletic teams as "Port." It doesn't make any sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think the poster was intending to make fun of individuals with any type of disability. I read it as an attempt to illustrate that the restrictive and incestuous nature of the garden city lacrosse program has resulted in a decline or lack of progress. Keeping your best players from competing with and against the best competition will [lacrosse] their growth and development. If you do not allow you best to reach their full potential it will negatively impact the team/program.

([lacrosse] - Delay or hold back in terms of progress, development or accomplishment.)

How is GC keeping its best players from competing with and against the best competition? Please elaborate. You lost me on this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My complaint about Port Washington: Everyone refers to the school as "Schreiber" (the name of the high school) but the athletic teams as "Port." It doesn't make any sense.

Is that really a big deal?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the guy who doesn't know how to use online forums so others know who he is replying to . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? That's your issue??!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it might have been a snarky reply to the original joke post. I also think the moderators need to do some extreme vetting on sarcastic posts so the common folk can understand. Personally I hate that Port/Schreiber is so far north that it takes forever to get there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty simple - GCHS coach makes(strongly recommends) his players play for the GC club program. The teams never play the best Express or 91 teams or other top clubs for that matter. The GC teams typically have a decent first 10 but no depth. The best players are not fighting for playing time. They are not playing against the top players. GC has been doing this for 5 or so years and the GCHS program has faltered. It is similar to W. Islip. Both schools remain competitive but clearly not as dominate as they have been. Both schools will always compete at the high school level due to the strong youth programs but can't compete at the club level. Early recruiting makes this model pretty difficult to succeed as clubs will continue to grab the best players and the early commits leaving the town kids out to hang.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it might have been a snarky reply to the original joke post. I also think the moderators need to do some extreme vetting on sarcastic posts so the common folk can understand. Personally I hate that Port/Schreiber is so far north that it takes forever to get there.

Moderators attempted extreme vetting but found that too many SNOWFLAKES began whimpering/crying (see Schumer) .....and since nobody cares about Port the vetting was dropped.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moderators attempted extreme vetting but found that too many SNOWFLAKES began whimpering/crying (see Schumer) .....and since nobody cares about Port the vetting was dropped.

takes a special kind of anonymous poster to turn a lighthearted yet stupid thread and try repeatedly to make it political and insulting. we get it, your superior because you use CAPITAL letters in your insults - my guess is that your small hands are a perfect match for your small _ _ _ _ SNOWFLAKE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

takes a special kind of anonymous poster to turn a lighthearted yet stupid thread and try repeatedly to make it political and insulting. we get it, your superior because you use CAPITAL letters in your insults - my guess is that your small hands are a perfect match for your small _ _ _ _ SNOWFLAKE

There are a lot of snowflakes outside today. I think the most snowflakes are in the GC area however. I think at least 21.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really a complaint, I was just always curious why it's (I think) the only school/town like this on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really a complaint, I was just always curious why it's (I think) the only school/town like this on Long Island.

There are other High Schools that go by other names than the school district name itself, so Port is not the only one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NASSAU COUNTY BOYS LACROSSE CHAMPIONS BY SCHOOL

GARDEN CITY (20): 1966, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016

Long Island Championships
GARDEN CITY (13) 1966, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

NYS Championships

Garden City 9 appearances 6 wins 3 losses .666 last win 2013 last loss 2011

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please let us know if its the only one!!! its critical to find that out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Port Jefferson is the same. School is actually Earl L Vandermeulen HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it is the only one. Mepham doesn't put North Bellmore on it's jerseys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of snowflakes outside today. I think the most snowflakes are in the GC area however. I think at least 21.

I have no idea what you are referring to. What does it mean? Who is a snowflake?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are other High Schools that go by other names than the school district name itself, so Port is not the only one.

Which ones?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Below are the schedules for several strong LI teams.
Which team has the hardest schedule?

Chaminade
22-Mar Massapequa
25-Mar vs McDonogh
29-Mar Iona Prep
5-Apr St Anthony's
8-Apr at Ward Melville
12-Apr Fairfield Prep
18-Apr Saint Ignatius Prep
22-Apr at Yorktown
29-Apr Greenwich HS
6-May Manhasset
9-May at St John Baptist
13-May at Delbarton
18-May at St Anthony's

St. Anthony
28-Mar at Manhasset
1-Apr at Greenwich HS
5-Apr at Chaminade
11-Apr at Boys' Latin
15-Apr Delbarton
20-Apr at Iona Prep
29-Apr at Yorktown
2-May at St John Baptist
4-May Darien
6-May New Canaan
9-May Kellenberg Memorial
13-May Staples-Westport
18-May Chaminade

Manhassett
24-Mar Commack
28-Mar St Anthony's
30-Mar at John Jay-Cross River
1-Apr at Lincoln-Sudbury
5-Apr at Calhoun
8-Apr Mepham
15-Apr Darien
18-Apr Long Beach
21-Apr Wantagh
26-Apr at Hewlett
29-Apr Garden City
2-May Carey
5-May South Side
6-May at Chaminade
9-May at New Hyde Park

Garden City
21-Mar at Syosset
25-Mar at Smithtown West
1-Apr Mepham
5-Apr at Carey
8-Apr vs Salesianum
13-Apr at Long Beach
15-Apr Duxbury
19-Apr vs Saint Ignatius Prep
21-Apr at South Side
26-Apr New Hyde Park
29-Apr at Manhasset
2-May Hewlett
5-May at Calhoun
6-May at Shoreham-Wading River
10-May Wantagh

Smithtown West
22-Mar Cold Spring Harbor
25-Mar Garden City
28-Mar Half Hollow Hills East
30-Mar at Walt Whitman
5-Apr at Commack
7-Apr William Floyd
11-Apr at Smithtown East
19-Apr at Lindenhurst
21-Apr Ward Melville
25-Apr Sachem North
27-Apr West Islip
29-Apr at Connetquot
3-May Huntington
5-May Bay Shore
9-May at Northport
11-May at Sachem East

Ward Melville
28-Mar Huntington
30-Mar at Lindenhurst
5-Apr at Northport
7-Apr Riverhead
8-Apr Chaminade
11-Apr West Islip
15-Apr Lincoln-Sudbury
19-Apr at Walt Whitman
21-Apr at Smithtown West
25-Apr Bay Shore
27-Apr Smithtown East
29-Apr at Sachem East
3-May Half Hollow Hills East
5-May Sachem North
9-May at Commack
11-May at Connetquot

Smithtown East
25-Mar at John Jay-Cross River
28-Mar Commack
30-Mar at Middle Country
5-Apr at Half Hollow Hills East
7-Apr Walt Whitman
11-Apr Smithtown West
15-Apr Massapequa
19-Apr at Riverhead
21-Apr at West Islip
25-Apr Sachem East
27-Apr at Ward Melville
29-Apr Bay Shore
3-May Northport
5-May Connetquot
9-May at Huntington
11-May at Sachem North

Shoreham Wading River
29-Mar at Harborfields
31-Mar Islip
4-Apr at East Islip
6-Apr Eastport/South Manor
12-Apr at John Glenn - Elwood
15-Apr at Pleasantville
18-Apr Sayville
20-Apr at Bayport-Blue Point
22-Apr Comsewogue
26-Apr Rocky Point
28-Apr at Half Hollow Hills West
2-May West Babylon
4-May at Miller Place
6-May Garden City
8-May Westhampton Beach
10-May at Mount Sinai

Syosset
21-Mar Garden City
23-Mar at South Side
25-Mar Northport
28-Mar Cold Spring Harbor
31-Mar Oceanside
5-Apr at Plainview JFK
6-Apr Hicksville
19-Apr at Freeport
20-Apr at Baldwin
22-Apr at Emmaus
25-Apr at Farmingdale
28-Apr Massapequa
2-May Port Washington
5-May East Meadow
11-May at Valley Stream Central

Farmingdale
21-Mar at Lynbrook
25-Mar West Islip
28-Mar at Carey
31-Mar at East Meadow
4-Apr Valley Stream Central
7-Apr Hempstead
8-Apr Long Beach
13-Apr Pleasantville
18-Apr at Oceanside
21-Apr at Massapequa
25-Apr Syosset
29-Apr Port Washington
2-May at Baldwin
5-May Plainview JFK
11-May at Hicksville

Massapequa
22-Mar at Chaminade
24-Mar St Thomas Aquinas
28-Mar Kellenberg Memorial
31-Mar Plainview JFK
5-Apr at Uniondale
7-Apr East Meadow
10-Apr Carey
15-Apr at Smithtown East
19-Apr at Hicksville
21-Apr Farmingdale
25-Apr at Baldwin
28-Apr at Syosset
2-May at Oceanside
5-May Port Washington
11-May Freeport

Cold Spring Harbor
22-Mar at Smithtown West
28-Mar at Syosset
31-Mar at South Side
4-Apr at Oyster Bay
7-Apr at Bethpage
10-Apr at New Canaan
12-Apr at John Jay-Cross River
15-Apr Huntington
19-Apr Floral Park
22-Apr at North Shore
28-Apr Locust Valley
29-Apr at Mineola
3-May Seaford
6-May Greenwich HS
10-May Lynbrook

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty simple - GCHS coach makes(strongly recommends) his players play for the GC club program. The teams never play the best Express or 91 teams or other top clubs for that matter. The GC teams typically have a decent first 10 but no depth. The best players are not fighting for playing time. They are not playing against the top players. GC has been doing this for 5 or so years and the GCHS program has faltered. It is similar to W. Islip. Both schools remain competitive but clearly not as dominate as they have been. Both schools will always compete at the high school level due to the strong youth programs but can't compete at the club level. Early recruiting makes this model pretty difficult to succeed as clubs will continue to grab the best players and the early commits leaving the town kids out to hang.

The only folks that care more about club ball are the ones who do not have a strong high school program. Will anyone care how many t-shirts they won during the bloated summer season 10 years from now? Or will they remember for the rest of their lives the County, Island and possibly State championship they won with their classmates representing their town and high school. As for recruiting, there are quite a few early commits coming out of GC for this group.

Move along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NASSAU COUNTY BOYS LACROSSE CHAMPIONS BY SCHOOL

GARDEN CITY (20): 1966, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016

Long Island Championships
GARDEN CITY (13) 1966, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

NYS Championships

Garden City 9 appearances 6 wins 3 losses .666 last win 2013 last loss 2011

Dude, you are like a wind-up toy... Give it a break.

GC is the greatest program of all time. Do you feel better now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which ones?

middle country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade by far the hardest schedule with St A's number two - public schools play have too many cupcakes on the schedule

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 264 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard