BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 44 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn't hire a new coach, just promoted an assistant

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I follow YJ twitter because I enjoy the game and we play their teams. My 14 year old also follows Coach Rose and many other twitters and Instagram of players all over the country and has had fun meeting these girls at tournaments. Of course I googled her - I'm sure everyone did and if you didn't, good for you. I googled the Navy commit also. Your jealousy is astounding. Are you the parent of a teammate ? What a tool.

Wake up. She's far from being the best one on that team. Politics as usual. Dad sold her through his connections.

Nobody said she was the best or wasn't the best. Once again the negativity and jealously are unbelievable. He father sold her through his connections???? SO Penn State committed to her because her father is a HS football coach and has communicated with them over football recruits in the past? So you are implying the football staff at PSU influenced the women's lax staff to commit to this girl. It has nothing to do with her hard work and abilities? Sorry your post reeks of Jealously... anyone with half a brain can tell that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ2021 commit to Penn State.

Thanks dad , maybe you paste that all over social media like every little thing your kid has ever done for the past year, oh wait you already have.

Penn State is and will be the hottest school to be at for many years to come. Football, Wrestling, Hockey, women soccer, mens soccer, women field hockey, women lax, woman basketball, volleyball are all on fire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I follow YJ twitter because I enjoy the game and we play their teams. My 14 year old also follows Coach Rose and many other twitters and Instagram of players all over the country and has had fun meeting these girls at tournaments. Of course I googled her - I'm sure everyone did and if you didn't, good for you. I googled the Navy commit also. Your jealousy is astounding. Are you the parent of a teammate ? What a tool.

Wake up. She's far from being the best one on that team. Politics as usual. Dad sold her through his connections.

Nobody said she was the best or wasn't the best. Once again the negativity and jealously are unbelievable. He father sold her through his connections???? SO Penn State committed to her because her father is a HS football coach and has communicated with them over football recruits in the past? So you are implying the football staff at PSU influenced the women's lax staff to commit to this girl. It has nothing to do with her hard work and abilities? Sorry your post reeks of Jealously... anyone with half a brain can tell that.

Father knows how to work the system, dont kid yourself if you think he had nothing to do with it. You would think she was the only member of the yj 2021 team according to the media.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Father knows how to work the system, dont kid yourself if you think he had nothing to do with it. You would think she was the only member of the yj 2021 team according to the media.

I just love a committ that has no connections what-do-ever. Sister didn't play at the school, mom & dad didn't graduate from and now contribute boat loads of money to the school, etc. A kid who gets in just because they're good and work hard.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of any clinics specifically for defenders?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly

Work the system? Knowing what questions to ask, what to look for, knowing what the parents want, knowing what to accept and what to pass on, is working the system? You make it sound like they pulled something over PSU. Trust me, PSU is no being fooled. They also know what they want and liked what they see and were willing to invest a spot, money and future. I am pretty sure the parents didn't force PSU into the offer. Once again your post screams of jealously. "Why isn't my daughter getting this attention?" Maybe if you ask nicely you can ask them the secrets on how to "work the system?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I think the father (and mother) had a lot to do with it. They should be proud their hard work with their daughter paid off. Have your daughter keeping working hard her time will come too.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I have never seen one and I've kept my eyes open.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I have never seen one and I've kept my eyes open.

YJ used to offer a defense clinic at KK and Northsport also offered shooting and stick handling on Sunday's in Dec and Jan not sure of any others. These were great clinics open to anyone regardless of what club you played for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't this the same 2021 who was suspended for several games last year because of disparaging remarks a teammate on social media? I thought these collage coaches look at that stuff.

Also pretty weird that several top girls at the camp they had a few weeks ago at PSU were told that PSU is not recruiting any 2021's because they were too young. That was straight from Doherty. All of a sudden they have this commit? Either she committed without a package offer (parents ego), the coaches are talking out of both sides of their mouths or some other fishy thing went on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just love a committ that has no connections what-do-ever. Sister didn't play at the school, mom & dad didn't graduate from and now contribute boat loads of money to the school, etc. A kid who gets in just because they're good and work hard.
The jealousy from many of you with comments like this and particularly the one you are responding to never ceases to amaze me. Really simply, the girl would not be recruited by PSU unless the coaches thought she was a great fit for their team and system. With limited spots on the team and scholarship money available, coaches don't just take girls to take them. I hear the same argument about high school coaches and why it is politics that a particular girls is playing. Bottom line is that coaches want to win and they are incentivized to do so. Stop the crap and jealousy and be happy for the kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't this the same 2021 who was suspended for several games last year because of disparaging remarks a teammate on social media? I thought these collage coaches look at that stuff.

Also pretty weird that several top girls at the camp they had a few weeks ago at PSU were told that PSU is not recruiting any 2021's because they were too young. That was straight from Doherty. All of a sudden they have this commit? Either she committed without a package offer (parents ego), the coaches are talking out of both sides of their mouths or some other fishy thing went on.

Well I can tell you that the coaches absolutely talk out of both sides of their mouth. On the boys side the Ivies claimed they would never recruit a kid without at least a year of HS grades, There are currently 5 without even one semester of grades!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know the girl and father/family very well, actually sat in room with PSU coach when she said they are not looking at 2021's yet. But this girl has worked extremely hard and has something that the coaches obviously like, enough to convince coach to make an exception. Congrats to her and her family. She wouldn't be going there if she wasn't deserving. Her father knows the recruiting process very well from football and was able to apply this recruiting knowledge for his daughter in lacrosse. Should be a lesson for everyone here, determination and goals, go out and make it happen, she had the goals and determination and they made it happen. Do you really need to go digging up dirt or spewing conspiracy theories on an anonymous thread? There are plenty of schools out there and plenty of spots on all of them, there are also tons of deserving girls to get those spots. Again congrats to this girl and her family. -T.S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know the girl and father/family very well, actually sat in room with PSU coach when she said they are not looking at 2021's yet. But this girl has worked extremely hard and has something that the coaches obviously like, enough to convince coach to make an exception. Congrats to her and her family. She wouldn't be going there if she wasn't deserving. Her father knows the recruiting process very well from football and was able to apply this recruiting knowledge for his daughter in lacrosse. Should be a lesson for everyone here, determination and goals, go out and make it happen, she had the goals and determination and they made it happen. Do you really need to go digging up dirt or spewing conspiracy theories on an anonymous thread? There are plenty of schools out there and plenty of spots on all of them, there are also tons of deserving girls to get those spots. Again congrats to this girl and her family. -T.S.

I'm assuming you have older kids, no way you can be a 2021 parent with this much knowledge of recruiting...if people have learned anything you will be seeing every kids visit and camp photo in the media.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious how many of you actually saw an actual statement from PSU coach directly committing verbally to the YJ 2021-that would be a NO. Against NCAA regulations to verbally commit any player. Until an NLI is signed in senior year no player is "committed". All these young players do is take themselves out of the running at other schools by "verbally committing" at such a young age. This is a "gentleman's handshake" at best. Several things can happen between now and 2021: The coach can leave the program and the new coach can decommit all non-signed NLI "verbal commits" if they want. There is nothing in writing. Players can also de-commit until they sign an NLI so it is a virtual merry-go-round for 4 years. The bottom line is if you know where you want to go and you have had "conversations" with the coaching staff that this is the program for you then you are good to go. But until November of senior year when you sign an NLI you are vulnerable. Just read the NCAA rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious how many of you actually saw an actual statement from PSU coach directly committing verbally to the YJ 2021-that would be a NO. Against NCAA regulations to verbally commit any player. Until an NLI is signed in senior year no player is "committed". All these young players do is take themselves out of the running at other schools by "verbally committing" at such a young age. This is a "gentleman's handshake" at best. Several things can happen between now and 2021: The coach can leave the program and the new coach can decommit all non-signed NLI "verbal commits" if they want. There is nothing in writing. Players can also de-commit until they sign an NLI so it is a virtual merry-go-round for 4 years. The bottom line is if you know where you want to go and you have had "conversations" with the coaching staff that this is the program for you then you are good to go. But until November of senior year when you sign an NLI you are vulnerable. Just read the NCAA rules.

I believe Brian Williams was there during the PSU/YJ meeting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the jealous dad, don't worry there are plenty of spots left and your post is pure drivel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This made me laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are pathetic. Give us the example of the women's NCAA coaches or programs who are not honoring their verbal commitments. All you are doing by waiting until signing the NLI is making sure your kid gets no money or worse yet waiting until your kids school of her dreams has no spots left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hu
Just curious how many of you actually saw an actual statement from PSU coach directly committing verbally to the YJ 2021-that would be a NO. Against NCAA regulations to verbally commit any player. Until an NLI is signed in senior year no player is "committed". All these young players do is take themselves out of the running at other schools by "verbally committing" at such a young age. This is a "gentleman's handshake" at best. Several things can happen between now and 2021: The coach can leave the program and the new coach can decommit all non-signed NLI "verbal commits" if they want. There is nothing in writing. Players can also de-commit until they sign an NLI so it is a virtual merry-go-round for 4 years. The bottom line is if you know where you want to go and you have had Uhonversations" with the coaching staff that this is the program for you then you are good to go. But until November of senior year when you sign an NLI you are vulnerable. Just read the NCAA rules.

You really are pathetic. Give us the example of the women's NCAA coaches or programs who are not honoring their verbal commitments. All you are doing by waiting until signing the NLI is making sure your kid gets no money or worse yet waiting until your kids school of her dreams has no spots left.

Absolutely correct the first time a head coach did not honor their verbal no one would accept their word again. Now if there is a coaching change verbals do not have to be honored. This situation does happen and has to be considered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hu
Just curious how many of you actually saw an actual statement from PSU coach directly committing verbally to the YJ 2021-that would be a NO. Against NCAA regulations to verbally commit any player. Until an NLI is signed in senior year no player is "committed". All these young players do is take themselves out of the running at other schools by "verbally committing" at such a young age. This is a "gentleman's handshake" at best. Several things can happen between now and 2021: The coach can leave the program and the new coach can decommit all non-signed NLI "verbal commits" if they want. There is nothing in writing. Players can also de-commit until they sign an NLI so it is a virtual merry-go-round for 4 years. The bottom line is if you know where you want to go and you have had Uhonversations" with the coaching staff that this is the program for you then you are good to go. But until November of senior year when you sign an NLI you are vulnerable. Just read the NCAA rules.

Absolutely correct the first time a head coach did not honor their verbal no one would accept their word again. Now if there is a coaching change verbals do not have to be honored. This situation does happen and has to be considered.

Again tell us the program where this has happened in women's lacrosse .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hu

In the past year or two - new women's coach at Yale and new men's coach at Brown. I don't think it's widespread or frequent but it does happen.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hu

In the past year or two - new women's coach at Yale and new men's coach at Brown. I don't think it's widespread or frequent but it does happen.

I believe is has been stated that verbals are not neccessarily honored by new coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Va tech coach decommited all previous commits. In the last year or so. Look it up. Did not honor. Know one personally so it does happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Va tech coach decommited all previous commits. In the last year or so. Look it up. Did not honor. Know one personally so it does happen.

Not all previous VT commits were decommitted, but agree that some were...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Again tell us the program where this has happened in women's lacrosse . [/quote]

in 2014 George Mason decommitted Girls after a coaching change.. the Athletic Director made the announcement to avoid besmirching the new coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all previous VT commits were decommitted, but agree that some were...

Everyone on here has already acknowledged that new coaches sometimes de-commit players. In the Va Tech case, the previous coach had check out a couple of years ago so not surprising it occurred to a few players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laugh all you want it is absolutely true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow sorry for being the kill joy...this was an informational post not something to take a stab at any child's dreams. Thought this forum was to help parents and kids through this process. As I have already been through this process once, I know what I am looking at for my next go around. Will make sure to keep any facts or accurate information out of this forum for sake of ridicule. Happy recruiting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow sorry for being the kill joy...this was an informational post not something to take a stab at any child's dreams. Thought this forum was to help parents and kids through this process. As I have already been through this process once, I know what I am looking at for my next go around. Will make sure to keep any facts or accurate information out of this forum for sake of ridicule. Happy recruiting!

Too funny - how long did it take you to figure out that trying to get parents to deviate from their preconceived beliefs, understandings, or whatever it is - is not a winnable fight. It still does not matter if your oldest is a freshman in college and your middle is a senior headed to Stanford - you have no clue about the recruiting 'game'. I have learned to just keep my mouth shut when talking to these 'younger' first time parents who have 'lived' and 'gone through' the experience through social media or PTA meetings rumors.
Go and enjoy your life and your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does someone "commit" to Yale in 8th grade? Can't imagine Yale coach is thrilled that was on twitter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does someone "commit" to Yale in 8th grade? Can't imagine Yale coach is thrilled that was on twitter

Great kid, great family, congrats to them! 21's heating up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilarious. How the [lacrosse] does Yale have any clue the girl can qualify for admission?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilarious. How the [lacrosse] does Yale have any clue the girl can qualify for admission?

They probably use the same set of criteria that would rule you out of being able to go there. Jealously is an ugly thing, why don't you keep it to yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They probably use the same set of criteria that would rule you out of being able to go there. Jealously is an ugly thing, why don't you keep it to yourself.

Even worse for the haters, Yale is not upset by the tweet, they made the offer, the young lady can play, more than smart enough to qualify and would have without lax in my estimation and parents can afford it. Most importantly she is an awesome kid!!! Hate on, not going to bring down the joy and pride many of us have for her accomplishment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not jealous at all. I went to an Ivy League school. And I'm not hating on the child. Good for her. It just shocks me as outspoken as the Ivy's have been against early recruiting that Yale would do this. And while she may be an intelligent kid, there is no way that Yale has any idea whether she can score the 1350 or 1400 on the SAT that is needed for admission as an athlete. Even intelligent kids can struggle to achieve these scores. Yale doesn't take super scores, so getting a straight 1350 on one SAT is not easy. Good luck to her. I just think it's a sad state of affairs when Ivy League schools are offering 8th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not jealous at all. I went to an Ivy League school. And I'm not hating on the child. Good for her. It just shocks me as outspoken as the Ivy's have been against early recruiting that Yale would do this. And while she may be an intelligent kid, there is no way that Yale has any idea whether she can score the 1350 or 1400 on the SAT that is needed for admission as an athlete. Even intelligent kids can struggle to achieve these scores. Yale doesn't take super scores, so getting a straight 1350 on one SAT is not easy. Good luck to her. I just think it's a sad state of affairs when Ivy League schools are offering 8th graders.

This could be said of ANY school making an offer, all the students grades and scores will have to play out ( IVY or not). Should all the IVY schools wait until the kids hit 1400 until they start to recruit? Recruiting for the top players will be done for this class by next fall. Long before kids have the scores for SATs . In the process now the coaches need to guess where these kids will be as lacrosse players as they enter college, they will also need to guess where these kids will be as students as they enter college. Your imposed recruiting ideals would kill any IVY program , stick to your day job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's just silly. To get into MD, UNC, UVA, etc as a lacrosse player you only need to score over 1000 on your SAT. Those schools can safely assume that due to the demographics of lacrosse playing youth, 99% of the kids will be able to meet that requirement. It's a whole different ballgame when you are required to get a 1350 or 1400. The Ivies have self-imposed rules against this and offer no athletic money regardless. So what exactly is she committed to? She's committed to the admission process at Yale University. A process which won't begin for her for another 3 years.

Page 30 of 44 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard