BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Girls 2025
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What were the turnout numbers for the newest class being offered?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Who cares, these are 4th grade girls whose parents have disposable cash to burn. 4th grade girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At what age should girls who enjoy lacrosse join a club team? What if they want something more competitive than rec lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At what age should girls who enjoy lacrosse join a club team? What if they want something more competitive than rec lacrosse.

No 4th grade girl is asking their parents to play more competitive lacrosse and if they are asking about club it's because their friends are doing it or the so called cool kids. This is strictly a parent decision.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then let them try out for a club team if it is within the family means and something they want to do. Don't listen to the cheapo parents who couldn't shoot the lock off Mommy's purse to let their daughter play. Do whatever you and your daughter thinks is best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No 4th grade girl is asking their parents to play more competitive lacrosse and if they are asking about club it's because their friends are doing it or the so called cool kids. This is strictly a parent decision.

And a very few have older sisters. But, this is just too stupid for parents. I bet most of these parents do no realize what it's like for the girls during the summer tournaments. Enjoy paying for therapy later people. I have two older daughters in club and was shocked to see a forum heading for 2025 AKA 4th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And a very few have older sisters. But, this is just too stupid for parents. I bet most of these parents do no realize what it's like for the girls during the summer tournaments. Enjoy paying for therapy later people. I have two older daughters in club and was shocked to see a forum heading for 2025 AKA 4th graders.

And most '25 teams are actually 25/26....3rd graders. You people are nuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, hey..easy on the 'you people are nuts" comments!...so says the travel program director(s)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, hey..easy on the 'you people are nuts" comments!...so says the travel program director(s)

LOL!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isn't Baltimore the hotbed of lacrosse. you would think they should start a club out of the womb.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isn't Baltimore the hotbed of lacrosse. you would think they should start a club out of the womb.

Some club directors have been spotted trolling around the labor and delivery ward at Hopkins and GBMC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quality play from the 2025 group this weekend at Young Guns. Coppermine, Hero's and M&D all looked good. should be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quality play from the 2025 group this weekend at Young Guns. Coppermine, Hero's and M&D all looked good. should be interesting.

Coppermine? Whatever good girls they have will all be on M&D, Skywalkers or Heros within the next 2-3 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anybody try the burrito bowls at Young Guns ? Good stuff !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never tried the burrito bowl, are they really what theyre cracked up to be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Crab one comes with lump crabmeat and a flat brim.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do kids play both Club and Rec? daughter wants to play both, one for competitiveness (club) and one to have fun with friends (REC). just don't know for a time stand point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do kids play both Club and Rec? daughter wants to play both, one for competitiveness (club) and one to have fun with friends (REC). just don't know for a time stand point.

On the boy side most boys do this from 5th grade tell 8th grade for sure. The travel teams on the boys side mostly play on Sundays. I am guessing the girls should follow the same model.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Crab always looked at least a year older than the chicken or steak ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if your club allows the kids to play rec then do it, but most clubs would prefer that the kids do not play rec. Remember club practices/games comes first. Also if you register for a rec program check their refund policy, some will not give a refund after a certain date.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the boy side most boys do this from 5th grade tell 8th grade for sure. The travel teams on the boys side mostly play on Sundays. I am guessing the girls should follow the same model.

What are you talking about? Hardly any boys play rec lacrosse after 5th grade anymoreif they are playing club. Most clubs play in the Saturday and Sunday spring leagues and the ones that don't practice on Saturdays. There's a reason there are any MYLA teams in the Juniors and Midgets age groups. Lightning is dwindling as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? Hardly any boys play rec lacrosse after 5th grade anymoreif they are playing club. Most clubs play in the Saturday and Sunday spring leagues and the ones that don't practice on Saturdays. There's a reason there are any MYLA teams in the Juniors and Midgets age groups. Lightning is dwindling as well.

Let me add this is what happens in NOVA. Sorry should of added that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Crab always looked at least a year older than the chicken or steak ...

Zing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's 25 the team to beat!! Made it to the finals of the Mid-Atlantic beating several 2024 teams!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's 25 the team to beat!! Made it to the finals of the Mid-Atlantic beating several 2024 teams!!!

good for you heros dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which organization, best trains/teaches the girls the fundamentals? at this age, I want her to know the proper techniques?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whens the spring season start?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hero's 25 the team to beat!! Made it to the finals of the Mid-Atlantic beating several 2024 teams!!!

Wahoo best 4th grade team around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which organization, best trains/teaches the girls the fundamentals? at this age, I want her to know the proper techniques?

That's the million dollar question. Most people would say YJ because the 2025 coach is also the coach of Stonybrook girls, a top 10 program. But he never comes to practice or games so discount that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D or Skywalkers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will most lacrosse be moving toward the U9/U10/U11 model that is supposed to go into affect September 2017? Wonder how that will affect clubs, or existing teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Will most lacrosse be moving toward the U9/U10/U11 model that is supposed to go into affect September 2017? Wonder how that will affect clubs, or existing teams.

That's what it states on the US Lacrosse site

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the million dollar question. Most people would say YJ because the 2025 coach is also the coach of Stonybrook girls, a top 10 program. But he never comes to practice or games so discount that.

This is the Maryland thread. Complain about it on your own thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will most lacrosse be moving toward the U9/U10/U11 model that is supposed to go into affect September 2017? Wonder how that will affect clubs, or existing teams.

No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is new to the YJ 25 team and the coach (SB) has been to every function and held a parent meeting stating goals and expectations (helps w his daughter on team ) Every practice has had SB players there, it has been incredible for my daughter as well as the others. Should be a fun summer. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is new to the YJ 25 team and the coach (SB) has been to every function and held a parent meeting stating goals and expectations (helps w his daughter on team ) Every practice has had SB players there, it has been incredible for my daughter as well as the others. Should be a fun summer. Good luck
That's great...but this is a MARYLAND thread!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's great...but this is a MARYLAND thread!
So it's a md thread, it's not like you guys stay on your own thread. stop complaining

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is HOCO club any good? or do its best players leave for Hero's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays for HoCo (different age group) and we've been very happy with the program.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard