BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 264 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So why do they take score?

Did you mean why do they KEEP score?

Suffolk public school education in action.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets get back to hearing the GC guy transplanted from queens defending Gc...so much more entertaining.

It's also fun to hear about PW being a contender in Class A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets get back to hearing the GC guy transplanted from queens defending Gc...so much more entertaining.

I think you're melding multiple posts by different people into one . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the Queens guy that has done really well for himself. Congrats Gc is a great town to live in. I have been there many times and it seems like a beautiful town to live in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why do they take score?

TY - "Judge Smails, I don't keep score"

Judge Smails - "how do you measure yourself against other Laxers?

Ty " _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ "

first person with the correct answer gets to bash GC, WI and CSH in a their next post

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By height!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Queens guy?? I think you have me mixed up with some other fella, no way. GC born and bred except for a few years away. Come on now! What do you want to hear about now? The valets we have everywhere? The complimentary maid service?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Queens guy?? I think you have me mixed up with some other fella, no way. GC born and bred except for a few years away. Come on now! What do you want to hear about now? The valets we have everywhere? The complimentary maid service?

Yea cmon....all the Rosie ODonnell look alike women

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC is Mastic..just without the boats in driveways..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI has an A and B team for the winter. A is very good..B is mostly JV players.

WEST ISLIP do not under estimate that team

Haven't been too impressive in the winter league

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm pretty sure that the rosie look alikes are the chammy fans...alumni and spouses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm pretty sure that the rosie look alikes are the chammy fans...alumni and spouses

Unfortunately, on BOTC the jealous always rear their ugly heads. Now we'll see all the responses about never wanting to live there, how bad the people are, when in reality nothing is farther from the truth. The posters never lived here, but have "heard" all these terrible things from their friends, who definitely live there. But, never ever a positive thing to say about their own communities. Says a lot about where the haters live.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was talking about the A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Gc goon. I just went to "look it up". The first measure I checked is spending per pupil by school district in nassau coun ty. The FIRST FOUR schools I looked at ALL spent significantly more per pupil than GC. (Syosset, Jericho, Manhasset and Cold Springs Harbor). That's just for starters...you brought the argument up so I'll be back on Monday with some other metrics refuting your claims. Its no wonder much of Nassau views you guys as blow hards...

No need to get it from Newsday.

Here it is from Dept of Education website link.

https://nationalblueribbonschools.ed.gov/awardwinners/index.php

Syosset HS won the Blue Ribbon Award in 2016... Look it up on Newsday. I didn't see GC mentioned.

Did u say Newsday ? I wouldn't listen to anything that "paper" says

When you cite something, you should understand what it means. "Eligible schools must have been in existence for five years and cannot have received the award within the five prior years." If we use the Blue Ribbon Award as the standard, both districts (Garden City and Syosset) have done well having various of their schools (elementary, middle, and senior) being awarded a blue ribbon (5 years of 34 years for GC and 7 of 34 years for Syosset; remember a school can only be nominated once every five years); GC High has won the award 3 times and Syosset High 2 times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their best D pole is in prep school.

Thanks, Dad. He would have gotten into a better school if he stayed and the best pole is a soph actually going to an Ivy. He just hasn't made a big deal about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks, Dad. He would have gotten into a better school if he stayed and the best pole is a soph actually going to an Ivy. He just hasn't made a big deal about it.

Talking about Sophomores,

When the WI '19 group were younger they were a pretty fascinating strong group. Looking forward to seeing a few of them play and get their chance before Sr yr on Varsity.

Looking forward to seeing the '19's in general. Pequa, WI, GC, WM, Smith W were also strong in those early years. Do wish those that left BS to SJB & SA '19 & '20 stayed, would have added another solid team to that list above. Although I have to say WM probably takes the cake w their'20 goalie but WI and Smith W will give a close chase. HM to ESM who knows where B/C/D will be in 2 years. In Nassua, pequa lost key players to Cham and k'berg, still think they are the chief's of Nassau. Port Syo and Dalers who knows. GC although not A will be the best of the Nassau sorry. Hm to 'Set Wantaugh LB but like the east who know who will be in B/C/D

Only time will tell. Good luck boys we will all be watching to see who breaks out of the pack the next few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa will be ok without Catholic School kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few years away? Where, up in the Big House?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talking about Sophomores,

When the WI '19 group were younger they were a pretty fascinating strong group. Looking forward to seeing a few of them play and get their chance before Sr yr on Varsity.

Looking forward to seeing the '19's in general. Pequa, WI, GC, WM, Smith W were also strong in those early years. Do wish those that left BS to SJB & SA '19 & '20 stayed, would have added another solid team to that list above. Although I have to say WM probably takes the cake w their'20 goalie but WI and Smith W will give a close chase. HM to ESM who knows where B/C/D will be in 2 years. In Nassua, pequa lost key players to Cham and k'berg, still think they are the chief's of Nassau. Port Syo and Dalers who knows. GC although not A will be the best of the Nassau sorry. Hm to 'Set Wantaugh LB but like the east who know who will be in B/C/D

Only time will tell. Good luck boys we will all be watching to see who breaks out of the pack the next few years.

You are correct.... Massapequa are the Chiefs and Syosset are the Braves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except Rosie can get hotter (and younger) chicks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget about your queens roots though. Dad would be disappointed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI just won 11-0 on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Gc goon. I just went to "look it up". The first measure I checked is spending per pupil by school district in nassau coun ty. The FIRST FOUR schools I looked at ALL spent significantly more per pupil than GC. (Syosset, Jericho, Manhasset and Cold Springs Harbor). That's just for starters...you brought the argument up so I'll be back on Monday with some other metrics refuting your claims. Its no wonder much of Nassau views you guys as blow hards...

Syosset HS won the Blue Ribbon Award in 2016... Look it up on Newsday. I didn't see GC mentioned.

It is quite impressive considering the size of the student population, SYO should be commended for that Blue Ribbon honor. 7 High Schools in NY, majority have student population below 1000, next closest 1515, also impressive.
Shouldn't diminish the what the school has accomplished, your school systems should strive to one day make the grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you cite something, you should understand what it means. "Eligible schools must have been in existence for five years and cannot have received the award within the five prior years." If we use the Blue Ribbon Award as the standard, both districts (Garden City and Syosset) have done well having various of their schools (elementary, middle, and senior) being awarded a blue ribbon (5 years of 34 years for GC and 7 of 34 years for Syosset; remember a school can only be nominated once every five years); GC High has won the award 3 times and Syosset High 2 times.

Thanks for helping me make the case for Syosset academics. Let's also remember that Syo beat GC in Lacrosse the past 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for helping me make the case for Syosset academics. Let's also remember that Syo beat GC in Lacrosse the past 2 years.

Syosset vs GC have played annually since 2008 with GC holding a 6-3 edge and outscoring the larder school 68-44. Make it another win this year for GC who can brag about a .700 winning pct against the town who has and never will win a state championship but loves to tell anyone with ears how could their mediocre kids are at lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset vs GC have played annually since 2008 with GC holding a 6-3 edge and outscoring the larder school 68-44. Make it another win this year for GC who can brag about a .700 winning pct against the town who has and never will win a state championship but loves to tell anyone with ears how could their mediocre kids are at lacrosse.

The Syosset V Garden City game has opened the season for both schools for the past nine years, it seems to always be a pretty low scoring affair for two normally high scoring teams and as you pointed out they only are averaging 12.44 goals a game combined and it is also usually very cold, I would love to see them play at the end of the year just like I would love to see CSH, MASS, MAN all play each other in May, when it's nice out and teams have jelled - all that being said, they have been two consistently competitive teams in that time, both have produced some excellent HS and College players and both are excellent academic schools. No need to make oneself feel better about oneself by putting the other school down as both are excellent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Syosset V Garden City game has opened the season for both schools for the past nine years, it seems to always be a pretty low scoring affair for two normally high scoring teams and as you pointed out they only are averaging 12.44 goals a game combined and it is also usually very cold, I would love to see them play at the end of the year just like I would love to see CSH, MASS, MAN all play each other in May, when it's nice out and teams have jelled - all that being said, they have been two consistently competitive teams in that time, both have produced some excellent HS and College players and both are excellent academic schools. No need to make oneself feel better about oneself by putting the other school down as both are excellent.

Go back to the mid 80's and see GC records in lacrosse and compare them to Syosset's during the same 30 year period. That's 30 years of consistently excellent lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go back to the mid 80's and see GC records in lacrosse and compare them to Syosset's during the same 30 year period. That's 30 years of consistently excellent lacrosse.

Must be as a result of all that inbreeding that occurs in GC. You are reliving your glory days pal. It's a brave new world now. You don't need to be a GC WASP anymore to be a good lacrosse player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI just won 11-0 on Sunday.

Wow, beat Lindy. Let's see how you do against the other green and yellow team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be as a result of all that inbreeding that occurs in GC. You are reliving your glory days pal. It's a brave new world now. You don't need to be a GC WASP anymore to be a good lacrosse player.

You're a nasty woman pal! A nasty nasty woman! Did I insult your curbless dump? No, but you had to get personal, Go hug your kids jerk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

way to take a nice post that was very nice and complimentary to GC and show how classless you are, at least Syosset kids are smart enough to not get caught smoking pot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're so right, the inbreeding post was so complimentary. Maybe YOU should stop smoking pot and learn to read. Very good of you to bring up teenagers smoking weed. You're a real man, if you're son is anything like you I feel awful for him. He is supposed to want to be just like his dad, guess you have the exception huh loser?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're so right, the inbreeding post was so complimentary. Maybe YOU should stop smoking pot and learn to read. Very good of you to bring up teenagers smoking weed. You're a real man, if you're son is anything like you I feel awful for him. He is supposed to want to be just like his dad, guess you have the exception huh loser?

I am sure my kid has smoked pot (as well as mamy kids) and I have no problem with it as long as he isn't stupid enough to smoke at school or on a school sponsored event

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure my kid has smoked pot (as well as mamy kids) and I have no problem with it as long as he isn't stupid enough to smoke at school or on a school sponsored event

So teenagers are not entitled to make mistakes in your little world? You seem like the forgiving type.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC guy...just stop. you are making you and your town look stupid. Go back to your middle class block party and enjoy it. I kno who I'm rooting for in the Woodstick...you don't see Manhasset guys on here touting all that is good with their community or having to constantly defend it. Let it be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow....now I have heard it all. OK for your kid to smoke pot and.....drive, etc. Sorry dude...your an idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]GC guy...just stop. you are making you and your town look stupid. Go back to your middle class block party and enjoy it. I kno who I'm rooting for in the Woodstick...you don't see Manhasset guys on here touting all that is good with their community or having to constantly defend it. Let it be. [/quo

I don't see anyone on here ripping Manhasset, and neither will I. But boy do you clowns get a hard on for GC. Why not tell me what problem you have with the town? And really do you think I care who you root for? Wow, you're going to root for Manhasset, hold on while I dry my tears, what a clown. You make yourself look like an un educated moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow....now I have heard it all. OK for your kid to smoke pot and.....drive, etc. Sorry dude...your an idiot.

how did that go from smoking pot to driving while smoking pot? besides, I would rather have a stoner in the right lane going 40 then a drunk in the left lane going 80

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't really care what I look like to you and my education has worked out just fine. Keep defending though you desperate imp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a nasty woman pal! A nasty nasty woman! Did I insult your curbless dump? No, but you had to get personal, Go hug your kids jerk.

Well.... How else can you explain "30 years of consistently excellent lacrosse"?

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 264 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard