BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 62 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stop express kept same kids on field and geese playerd equally. Express had close game with leg 2 nd team

That's probably the most commonly used excuse, and it's always the weakest one. It was box, we cant keep the same kids on the floor. They get too tired. Everyone played.

What's your excuse for losing to a a Connecticut team 2x?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did they play?

Bethpage. Box tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really still harping on this? You sound like a guy with deep rooted issues towards TB. Hmmm

I forgot Express was the only team to improve their squad this year so they should win everything. Unfortunately you already lost to Legacy... 0 for 1

Hey if it doesn't work out you can try another organization next year like I'm certain you have every year..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are some Oreilly B team kids training with A team Channey?

I believe TB beat express first in that tournament and then Express called in the older kids to play in the finals.. express should be proud.

The comment about older players is 10000000% false!!!!

And now those bigger stronger 2025's are on Chammys Express team and that is a team that will have no problem with TB this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. To start the CT team was 2024.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And there's the second most common excuse for losing. Next it will be that your best players were not there. Let it go, guy. Express got better. Losing a close game to Geese is a step in the right direction. Geese almost losing to Express will have parents asking for a refund! Since the summer, express has lost a one goal game to Blast and a one goal game to geese. Say what you want, but that team is clearly working hard and on the rise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what the second excuse for losing you are referring to. Let what go exactly?? I'm clearly pointing out that you keep chirping about TB not sure why. Like you said you should handle them with ease with all the bigger faster kids you have. And don't worry about us Geese Parents we very comfortable with our team..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone doing or have info on the new warrior all american games? Anyone know whonis running out here?
Unless you play for 9D1 you are not making it... Money grab run by them...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great game!! However it was not the entire Geese Team.
They were missing many of there players!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, that response came in ahead of schedule. For the record, Express didn't have all their players either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone doing or have info on the new warrior all american games? Anyone know whonis running out here?

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

It's a lot of money, that's for certain. Couple hundred to tryout and then $700 to play?? I'll take a pass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets congratulate Express for losing by 1 multiple times. Keep up the hard work and making 2025 more competitive for all. Are you happy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its Box? Are your really going to bring 20?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing like separating the back by offering a ridic cost for 1 weekend of play in UMASS. This will be pay to play and not a representation of the best kids from each region. Great Idea but Serious $$$$$$$$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets congratulate Express for losing by 1 multiple times. Keep up the hard work and making 2025 more competitive for all. Are you happy?

The Express team didn't lose by 1 this past weekend. Only 1/2 of them did - the other 1/2 stood there and watched.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing like separating the back by offering a ridic cost for 1 weekend of play in UMASS. This will be pay to play and not a representation of the best kids from each region. Great Idea but Serious $$$$$$$$$.

Kids will get uni's gloves and a WARP. Now that mitigates the cost a little, but its not like the different teams will want your boy wearing that helmet during Travel Team games. It would be better to cut the cost and leave the helmet out, but its still too much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their best kids should be playing against the Geese if they have the the stamina. Not sure you can criticize that coaching decision. With that being said, if the second line is that weak, they may be in trouble come summer time. They will be the difference this summer when the top teams play each other in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids will get uni's gloves and a WARP. Now that mitigates the cost a little, but its not like the different teams will want your boy wearing that helmet during Travel Team games. It would be better to cut the cost and leave the helmet out, but its still too much.

Kids will get the Genreation 1 Warp. It's complete crap and already being replaced by a completely new mesh design. They're just dumping inventory. Don't take the bait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Express team didn't lose by 1 this past weekend. Only 1/2 of them did - the other 1/2 stood there and watched.

So obviously this jerkoff has never watched a box game. If he had he would know that the high pace requires constant line shifts. They ran as many kids as Geese, they just don't make excuses for the loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one stands and watches in box. It's too fast paced and everyone needs to play. Especially at this age, the kids cant run like that for more than 2 minutes. Obviously your kid hasnt played in a box tourney yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are some Oreilly B team kids training with A team Channey?

I believe TB beat express first in that tournament and then Express called in the older kids to play in the finals.. express should be proud.

The comment about older players is 10000000% false!!!!

And now those bigger stronger 2025's are on Chammys Express team and that is a team that will have no problem with TB this year.

I'll respond since you won't ask the coach. Training is the correct term. The next step is playing in a tourney or two, then sort just showing up regularly come June. See this movie before. Don't know if there is a cure for the my kid is not a B team player disease.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one stands and watches in box. It's too fast paced and everyone needs to play. Especially at this age, the kids cant run like that for more than 2 minutes. Obviously your kid hasnt played in a box tourney yet.

It's sarcasm knucklehead . Beware of the carnival barker MC!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched it. Wasn't much good lax all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That could be said for all of the teams really. This a weak age group compared to my older boys. The 2022s and 2023s are stacked with talent. Our 2025's have some good players, but I've yet to see anyone that blew me away. I understand that they are still only in 4th grade; however, I watched my older 2 since they were in 2nd grade and the standout players and teams then are still dominating into middle school. For our boys, there are 3 or 4 good teams, but no truly awesome teams like past years. For instance, both of my older guys' teams played up a year consistently and won tourneys. Blast tried to do that in the fall and it was an unmitigated disaster. I'm surprised none of those boys got seriously hurt. They were in way over their heads and shame on the coaches for putting their egos before the players' safety. Say what you will, but I've witnessed it first hand. It's better that Igloo and Express are improving. At least there will be more competitive games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so crucial to win 4th grade tournys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That could be said for all of the teams really. This a weak age group compared to my older boys. The 2022s and 2023s are stacked with talent. Our 2025's have some good players, but I've yet to see anyone that blew me away. I understand that they are still only in 4th grade; however, I watched my older 2 since they were in 2nd grade and the standout players and teams then are still dominating into middle school. For our boys, there are 3 or 4 good teams, but no truly awesome teams like past years. For instance, both of my older guys' teams played up a year consistently and won tourneys. Blast tried to do that in the fall and it was an unmitigated disaster. I'm surprised none of those boys got seriously hurt. They were in way over their heads and shame on the coaches for putting their egos before the players' safety. Say what you will, but I've witnessed it first hand. It's better that Igloo and Express are improving. At least there will be more competitive games.

You're not really serious are you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it that this age group is weak or that talent is spread out to more clubs/teams? You say your older boys played up consistently and won....Is that because all the talent resided with one or two clubs and were able to handle that?

I look at these 4th graders playing (I have one, so it isn't creepy to say that) and see a lot of talented lacrosse players, both on the club scene and in town. I know of some real talented kids that haven't started with true travel lacrosse yet. Town tournament teams are much more popular now than they were 5 years ago.

Is there one dominant team that will run over everyone in the age group and/or compete at a high level against older kids, probably not. But maybe it is because there are so many more options for kids to play that talent is widespread...

This is not meant to be a travel vs town argument....just an opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, we get it, your kids are great, everyone else is terrible. You are like the granddad who fondly remembers the good old days, but forgets he had to use an outhouse. Do us all a favor, stop watching. The talent may be more dispersed, but these kids have high level skills. By the time it is all done, there will be just as many, if not more 2025 kids leading the way in HS and then playing in college at the top schools as any other year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, we get it, your kids are great, everyone else is terrible. You are like the granddad who fondly remembers the good old days, but forgets he had to use an outhouse. Do us all a favor, stop watching. The talent may be more dispersed, but these kids have high level skills. By the time it is all done, there will be just as many, if not more 2025 kids leading the way in HS and then playing in college at the top schools as any other year.

Stop watching my son? Why would I do that? And my youngest is not great, but he is good enough for me and plays on a very good team. My older sons were fortunate enough to start very early and secured themselves a spot on top teams as well. That's how it works. There are plenty of kids better than them, but they need to be MUCH better in order to bump them. This concept/strategy is not new. Also, I was making a general observation based on the level of play I've personally seen over the last 5 years. You don't have to agree with it, but it's not going to change the result. I can't really see how you could realistically say that more 2025's will be leading the way than any other year, though. That seems pretty presumptuous, and truthfully, baseless. It could be like the other poster said. Maybe it's spread out across more options. Maybe the focus is moving away from travel and more toward town tournament teams. That would be great. It would take the control out of the hands of the big clubs. I am just calling it like I see it. No dominant clubs. No dominant players that can carry any team to a win. And it was not like that in the last 5 years. Good players all around though. Don't take it personally, friend. I'm not suggesting that your son won't get his scholarship to Duke, just that you may need to put out some of the tuition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop watching my son? Why would I do that? And my youngest is not great, but he is good enough for me and plays on a very good team. My older sons were fortunate enough to start very early and secured themselves a spot on top teams as well. That's how it works. There are plenty of kids better than them, but they need to be MUCH better in order to bump them. This concept/strategy is not new. Also, I was making a general observation based on the level of play I've personally seen over the last 5 years. You don't have to agree with it, but it's not going to change the result. I can't really see how you could realistically say that more 2025's will be leading the way than any other year, though. That seems pretty presumptuous, and truthfully, baseless. It could be like the other poster said. Maybe it's spread out across more options. Maybe the focus is moving away from travel and more toward town tournament teams. That would be great. It would take the control out of the hands of the big clubs. I am just calling it like I see it. No dominant clubs. No dominant players that can carry any team to a win. And it was not like that in the last 5 years. Good players all around though. Don't take it personally, friend. I'm not suggesting that your son won't get his scholarship to Duke, just that you may need to put out some of the tuition.

Dude NO ONE gets a full ride for lacrosse in college, so everyone is laying out some of the tuition!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made this point a few weeks ago. The talent within the 2025 age group is spread across many clubs now. It seems like parents have finally realized it's not necessary to just play for 91 or Express (Not bashing them) and travel to where that specific coach resides. There are so many great coaches and former D1 players involved in so many programs that it's just easier to stay close to home. And personally I think the parody lends itself to better games all around. In any given tournament any of 10 teams could win it.

What I do see is sometimes the best kid on field might not be on the best team and if hes unselfish it could negatively affect how he looks overall. So this is where its nice to have 15-20 kids that are all playing at a high level. But overall I believe the wealth of talent being spread is great for the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude NO ONE gets a full ride for lacrosse in college, so everyone is laying out some of the tuition!

I know. That was my point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half rides are almoat impossible, my neighbor was insane in high school, real good grades too. Went to loyola , his father told me they knocked off about 15 grand for him. People go so insane on this site, like there is a future living off this sport. News flash there isn't. Not even close to a living. I see some of the best players in the country making a few hundred a week, working camps or giving lessons. Kids are 10 years old for Gods sake, relax. My sons a good 10 year old player. I could care less if he plays in college. If he plays great, if he dosent also great. Just the fact that colleges are even brought up on a 4th grade site is crazy if you ask me. Just a couple months ago my son and his friends were dressed up in costumes trick or treating. Enjoy your kids man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half rides are almoat impossible, my neighbor was insane in high school, real good grades too. Went to loyola , his father told me they knocked off about 15 grand for him. People go so insane on this site, like there is a future living off this sport. News flash there isn't. Not even close to a living. I see some of the best players in the country making a few hundred a week, working camps or giving lessons. Kids are 10 years old for Gods sake, relax. My sons a good 10 year old player. I could care less if he plays in college. If he plays great, if he dosent also great. Just the fact that colleges are even brought up on a 4th grade site is crazy if you ask me. Just a couple months ago my son and his friends were dressed up in costumes trick or treating. Enjoy your kids man.

Exactly. UNC has a 52 man roster. Some of the best players in North America. All sharing 12.5 total scholarships. Figure 3 of them are getting 1/2 tuition, that leaves 11 scholarships for 49 kids to split. Stud lax players, like the best kid you've ever seen, are getting about $6000. And the school costs $50k.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny part is people spend 6000 on a club lacrosse season, without a second thought. In todays day in age, that's not that much money. Most people don't care about the 6000, 8000 dollar scholarship. What they do care about is being able to tell their friends and coworkers their son is getting a scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is playing lax to become a free agent WR in the NFL- like Hogan on NE- Easy breezy

The funny part is people spend 6000 on a club lacrosse season, without a second thought. In todays day in age, that's not that much money. Most people don't care about the 6000, 8000 dollar scholarship. What they do care about is being able to tell their friends and coworkers their son is getting a scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is playing lax to become a free agent WR in the NFL- like Hogan on NE- Easy breezy

Classic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Classic
Hogan did not pick up a Lax stick till 9th grade, but crazies on this site saying 4th grade talent is weak. wake up they are 9 years old!!!!!

Page 17 of 62 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard