BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 214 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BBP has the worst facility in Suffolk. I'm surprised games are allowed to be played there.

Not anymore, they got turf.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Melville and Smithtown East both suffer from the same problem. Good talent and bad coaching

Bayport also. Decent talent, clueless coaching.

OK..i will take the bait...what the [lacrosse] are you talking about? and what are your credentials?

You cannot be serious about checking credentials on a generally anonymous forum.

How about when he gave up home field advantage in a playoff game in order to play on a turf field? And guess what, BBP lost to the team whose home field was turf.

Aw come on...cut the guy some slack. He's a soccer coach doing the best he can.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Melville and Smithtown East both suffer from the same problem. Good talent and bad coaching

OK..i will take the bait...what the [lacrosse] are you talking about? and what are your credentials?

You cannot be serious about checking credentials on a generally anonymous forum.

How about when he gave up home field advantage in a playoff game in order to play on a turf field? And guess what, BBP lost to the team whose home field was turf.

Aw come on...cut the guy some slack. He's a soccer coach doing the best he can.

Pretty sure home-field advantage crosses all sports. It's not a concept unique to lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC WILL WIN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what you said last year

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That's what you said last year [/quote] 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does my kid play against Newfield and Centereach in Basketball and Soccer but MC for Lax?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]That's what you said last year [/quote]

😂 [/quote]

Glad you said it. I was thinking it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does my kid play against Newfield and Centereach in Basketball and Soccer but MC for Lax?

Because they would be two mediocre teams instead of one good one. Still don't understand how they get away with this when they have enough girls for both schools to field separate teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they would be two mediocre teams instead of one good one. Still don't understand how they get away with this when they have enough girls for both schools to field separate teams

Who cares? Let them stay together. Don't you want your daughter to compete against strong teams? The league week (all of the HS leagues are weak). At least in Nassau they have the Power Conference. In Suffolk A teams can win 10 games in their sleep if they have a few girls who can pass and catch.
I would like to see The Sachems's and Smithtown's combine again Maybe even allow Ward Melville to absorb Port Jeff and Mount Sinai so they could compete as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? Let them stay together. Don't you want your daughter to compete against strong teams? The league week (all of the HS leagues are weak). At least in Nassau they have the Power Conference. In Suffolk A teams can win 10 games in their sleep if they have a few girls who can pass and catch.
I would like to see The Sachems's and Smithtown's combine again Maybe even allow Ward Melville to absorb Port Jeff and Mount Sinai so they could compete as well.

I bet the kids that get cut care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow your pompous. What magical team does your faughter play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi, is the maximum exposure rising sophs camp good? The colleges attending aren't listed yet. Wondering if anyone has gone in the past.
Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi, is the maximum exposure rising sophs camp good? The colleges attending aren't listed yet. Wondering if anyone has gone in the past.
Thanks!

Yes ... GO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
League game schedules have been posted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
League game schedules have been posted

Suffolk schedules have been posted on Section XI for a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about he brought a dream team stacked with talent to the county finals and lost? Again. Made almost zero in game adjustments. Maybe he does a great job at practice and is good with the kids but he should stay off the sidelines. He was out of his league playing against AB and it showed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a stupid statement. It is HS sports you represent you school. If circumstances warrant a merger due to lack of participation you merge or fold the program. You don't build a super team.

You want a power conference fine I get it but the one team is BS. Some may say upstate does it to. Yeah some are like regional schools. But MIddle country and Lakeland/Panas is a joke. You have two separate facilities and the participation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a stupid statement. It is HS sports you represent you school. If circumstances warrant a merger due to lack of participation you merge or fold the program. You don't build a super team.

You want a power conference fine I get it but the one team is BS. Some may say upstate does it to. Yeah some are like regional schools. But MIddle country and Lakeland/Panas is a joke. You have two separate facilities and the participation.

Quiet down geesh another whining club lacrosse parents shocker

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about he brought a dream team stacked with talent to the county finals and lost? Again. Made almost zero in game adjustments. Maybe he does a great job at practice and is good with the kids but he should stay off the sidelines. He was out of his league playing against AB and it showed.

"Dream Team"??? I guess your a disgruntled parent. There was 1 stud and some other talent. Stop with the Dream Team stuff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Dream Team"??? I guess your a disgruntled parent. There was 1 stud and some other talent. Stop with the Dream Team stuff

The stud carded herself out of the game. Not sure if the coach coached on that one or not. But his strategies always seem to have the parts add up to less than the whole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our coach won't even force the primadonas to pass at our weekend practices. Get ready for another season of 3 good girls and the rest of the team recruited from gym class. When will these coaches learn?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's unfortunate. seriously. I do have a question. if that's the case why stay on the team? if you are the player, do something else. if this is a parent posting , why would you make your child stay on team? seems like you are resigned to endure a pretty lousy situation. why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's unfortunate. seriously. I do have a question. if that's the case why stay on the team? if you are the player, do something else. if this is a parent posting , why would you make your child stay on team? seems like you are resigned to endure a pretty lousy situation. why?

Hoping for change? I don't really know. Don't forget, HS sports is very much about the social aspect for the kids, and belonging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our coach won't even force the primadonas to pass at our weekend practices. Get ready for another season of 3 good girls and the rest of the team recruited from gym class. When will these coaches learn?

We have been living it for years with this sport in school. Parents hijack the booster clubs for access. Coaches want to run it like the summer circuit but when you don't have the players you have to change the strategy. Its groundhog day all over again. It can start with just a simple pass of the ball. NObody wants to share they all want to be in Newspaper

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you think that referring to kids as no pass prima donnas is one of the positive aspects? please don't tell me you don't call the so called prima donnas (stars) by that name to your kid. honestly..belonging?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have been living it for years with this sport in school. Parents hijack the booster clubs for access. Coaches want to run it like the summer circuit but when you don't have the players you have to change the strategy. Its groundhog day all over again. It can start with just a simple pass of the ball. NObody wants to share they all want to be in Newspaper

Please tell us what towns you are referring too. I find it hard to believe that this problem exists in so many schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell us what towns you are referring too. I find it hard to believe that this problem exists in so many schools.

Pick one! Do you somehow think that HS lax is any different then PAL? Only difference is Newsday. Same kids and parents that ran the show at PAL run it in HS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree whole heartedly. Parents are terrible. Can almost guarantee post came from disgruntled parent. Go to goal mentality cost them when they played a good defense. Saw them at winter and the game I saw looks like nothing much changed. 3rd place may be in the cards. Parents will be shocked when they get to college and realize little Suzy can't get the job done. Hope they get to keep the scholarship for all 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you think that referring to kids as no pass prima donnas is one of the positive aspects? please don't tell me you don't call the so called prima donnas (stars) by that name to your kid. honestly..belonging?

Says the Dad who would rather his daughter reset 3 or 4 times trying to get to the cage rather than make a pass just to keep her name in the paper.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping for change? I don't really know. Don't forget, HS sports is very much about the social aspect for the kids, and belonging.

You are beyond help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are beyond help.

It's social/school thing for 75% of the team that will never play beyond HS. It is a cut throat get your name in the paper sport for those who have committed and are still trying to pad their college BIO Page. That's the disconnect

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are beyond help.

It's social/school thing for 75% of the team that will never play beyond HS. It is a cut throat get your name in the paper sport for those who have committed and are still trying to pad their college BIO Page. That's the disconnect [/quote]

THIS. This explains a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are beyond help.

It's social/school thing for 75% of the team that will never play beyond HS. It is a cut throat get your name in the paper sport for those who have committed and are still trying to pad their college BIO Page. That's the disconnect

Wow, you really don't get it, do you? Did you ever compete at anything? I guess in you view everybody should get a trophy, everyone should have a chance to be the quarter back, everyone should take turns pitching and everyone should have a chance to win the 100 meter race.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are beyond help.

Wow, you really don't get it, do you? Did you ever compete at anything? I guess in you view everybody should get a trophy, everyone should have a chance to be the quarter back, everyone should take turns pitching and everyone should have a chance to win the 100 meter race.

I don't think that at all. I do think that lacrosse is a team game. Girls shouldn't be trying to run the ball up when teammates are open ahead of them. I don't think girls should be trying to dodge through 3-4 defenders when teammates are open and in better shooting position. I don't think 2 or 3 girls should be a team's entire offense - share the ball - good things will happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are beyond help.

Congratulations dad. It sounds like your daughter is the ONE on our team that will play in college. She is surrounded by some other pretty good athletes the award winning volleyball, basketball and soccer players. They are above average in any sport they play. Just because they don't go down to Maryland everyone weekend over the summer doesn't mean they cant play lax. So tell your kid to pass the ball because with your kid scoring 100 goals we still will only be 500 as a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are beyond help.

Congratulations dad. It sounds like your daughter is the ONE on our team that will play in college. She is surrounded by some other pretty good athletes the award winning volleyball, basketball and soccer players. They are above average in any sport they play. Just because they don't go down to Maryland everyone weekend over the summer doesn't mean they cant play lax. So tell your kid to pass the ball because with your kid scoring 100 goals we still will only be 500 as a team

What town do you live in? What type of awards are these athletes receiving? It doesn't appear as though any of the teams would be very competitive if the girls only play the sport in-season. In our town, the best volleyball, basketball, and soccer players are playing year round and they travel as much if not more than the best lacrosse players.

Maybe HS sports have passed me by. Maybe now they are simply about everyone having a chance to play and be a part of the team. Now that I think about it I guess that is why High School sports now play second fiddle to the club teams. AAU Basketball, Travel Soccer, Club Volleyball, Travel Lacrosse etc... are all much more competitive than their HS counterparts. College Coaches do just about all of their recruiting on the AAU/Travel Circuit because that is where the top talent is.

The next thing you know they will stop keeping score at HS sporting events. Maybe they should take away the Cages, Baskets, Nets, Goals, Finish lines ect... Just have one big play date and let all of the girls participate. While we are at it lets get rid of the AP and Honors Classes as well and give everybody a C.

By the way, Who do you want this so called Ball Hog to pass the ball to? Oh thats right, your daughter. Why is that? Oh yeah, so she can be the one to score the goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town do you live in? What type of awards are these athletes receiving? It doesn't appear as though any of the teams would be very competitive if the girls only play the sport in-season. In our town, the best volleyball, basketball, and soccer players are playing year round and they travel as much if not more than the best lacrosse players.

Maybe HS sports have passed me by. Maybe now they are simply about everyone having a chance to play and be a part of the team. Now that I think about it I guess that is why High School sports now play second fiddle to the club teams. AAU Basketball, Travel Soccer, Club Volleyball, Travel Lacrosse etc... are all much more competitive than their HS counterparts. College Coaches do just about all of their recruiting on the AAU/Travel Circuit because that is where the top talent is.

The next thing you know they will stop keeping score at HS sporting events. Maybe they should take away the Cages, Baskets, Nets, Goals, Finish lines ect... Just have one big play date and let all of the girls participate. While we are at it lets get rid of the AP and Honors Classes as well and give everybody a C.

By the way, Who do you want this so called Ball Hog to pass the ball to? Oh thats right, your daughter. Why is that? Oh yeah, so she can be the one to score the goal.

[/quote]

I'd explain to you but it's been explained above and you are clearly too dense to comprehend. IF that's how you think it is, then I suspect you are one of those "pad the stats" parents who encourages his kid to run up her goals against weak teams. I can assure you that is not helping your daughter make friends, not is it helping you. It's a team sport, bucko. Any coach worth his or her salt can outcoach a one-stud team so it makes zero sense to run all plays through one player. Besides the out-coaching scenario, there's the injury situation: stud gets hurt and then what? A wise coach develops the entire team so he/she doesn't screw him/herself or the team. It's about depth, not about superstars or padded stats. You must be too shortsighted or close minded to realize that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd explain to you but it's been explained above and you are clearly too dense to comprehend. IF that's how you think it is, then I suspect you are one of those "pad the stats" parents who encourages his kid to run up her goals against weak teams. I can assure you that is not helping your daughter make friends, not is it helping you. It's a team sport, bucko. Any coach worth his or her salt can outcoach a one-stud team so it makes zero sense to run all plays through one player. Besides the out-coaching scenario, there's the injury situation: stud gets hurt and then what? A wise coach develops the entire team so he/she doesn't screw him/herself or the team. It's about depth, not about superstars or padded stats. You must be too shortsighted or close minded to realize that. [/quote]

Wow these ball hogs must be incredible, hopefully I will have a chance to watch one of them play some day.

It must be pretty amazing to watch one girl take the draw, get the ball, sprint down the field and score a goal 100 times per season. And what smart coaching to recognize such a talent, imagine how poorly the team would do if they didn't have such a great player.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 214 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard