BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post "LI Dad" Agreed. And I will add that to me Dukes success isn't hinging on have the top 3 kids in the country at every position but having 12 kids at each position that are very very good and have the time and desire to play and compete. You are lucky to have the options you have in LI as we do not have that here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just to be clear. Dukes national is 1 year old. I'm sure it will grow and grow as people seek additional playing opportunitirs

Dukes South was just a year old and look how that turned out.

What happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their are many areas - not Long Island. That do not have a power house team to play on. Areas like Westchester county, Fairfield county ct. New Jersey. etc etc etc. those kids want what the bandits have, igloo, So their is an audience for it. But like the guy from li says. If you play on an elite team like bandits Your not going to dukes. That doesn't mean you can't find elite kids elsewhere that play on mediocre teams at home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to be clear. Dukes national is 1 year old. I'm sure it will grow and grow as people seek additional playing opportunitirs

Dukes South was just a year old and look how that turned out.

What happened?

They no longer exist. Poor leadership would be an understatement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes National brought 2022's to the 2023 bracket at Dicks in December?

Yep. The birthday cutoff was screwy and they took full advantage. The actual 2023 team is good, but isn't competitive with top tier teams.

They also lost 4-3 to Igloo, which is a top tier team. Excuse of why that happened in 3-2-1.... go

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep. The birthday cutoff was screwy and they took full advantage. The actual 2023 team is good, but isn't competitive with top tier teams.

They also lost 4-3 to Igloo, which is a top tier team. Excuse of why that happened in 3-2-1.... go

Once the main tournament season is over I am sure they will put out a much better product. The tournament they lost to Igloo is not a bad event,but most teams wrap up there season at NXT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When did this happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were ranking the top 5 teams at 2023, Dukes would not make list. I am not sure if they could beat any of the top MD, LI or Boston teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then who does cause we have beaten alot of them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have not beaten the Express HB, Bandits, S2S or maybe Igloo for LI. Laxachuttes for Boston. Eclipse in CT, Hawks and Crabs etc. oh yeah and even BL in Philly.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boston? Are you kidding with that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boston? Are you kidding with that?

Laxachusetts "Black" from Boston is one of the top teams in the age group. Pretty sure Dukes also lost to 91 B team twice last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly parents living in their own bubble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly parents living in their own bubble...Please, hate to burst your bubble Boston Boy but Brotherly Love beat that same Laxachusetts "Black" from Boston 12-2 when last you came to the city of Brotherly Love. It was 6-0 at halftime. I don't know what you call that in Bean Town but in Philly we call that a Beat Down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly parents living in their own bubble...Please, hate to burst your bubble Boston Boy but Brotherly Love beat that same Laxachusetts "Black" from Boston 12-2 when last you came to the city of Brotherly Love. It was 6-0 at halftime. I don't know what you call that in Bean Town but in Philly we call that a Beat Down.

What tournament was that? I can pretty much bet they played Laxachusettes Green, not black. Maybe even White.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well then you would be losing your wager my friend. Very good team with a goalie that frankly looked like he should have been a 2021 and the bleeding. It wasn't Green, It wan't White. Look up your favorite tournament score tracker via Google and the tournament was Summer Slam in West Chester. Laxachusetts brought a whole bunch of teams that did very well that summer, but not at 2023. Ask your coach, the only person that looked more stunned than the players and parents was the coach.
I just looked it up myself still available.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well then you would be losing your wager my friend. Very good team with a goalie that frankly looked like he should have been a 2021 and the bleeding. It wasn't Green, It wan't White. Look up your favorite tournament score tracker via Google and the tournament was Summer Slam in West Chester. Laxachusetts brought a whole bunch of teams that did very well that summer, but not at 2023. Ask your coach, the only person that looked more stunned than the players and parents was the coach.

First of all, my kid doesn't play for them. Second, Guy, you're talking about a tournament played 2 years ago? Teams change substantially from year to year. They are a different team. Because my kid's team actually plays outside of PA and has played BL and Lax Black last year, I can tell you that the score would be much different. Last summer BL lost to Shore 2 Shore at NXT. Two weeks earlier, Lax Black beat S2S by 11 on LI. Teams change year to year. Try to stay current.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We do a lot of "You lost to them and then you beat us, but we beat them so therefore..." Sounds good, but meaningless statistically when you're talking about one game. To put things into perspective, look at the NFL for example. The Patriots lost to Seattle this past year (with TB). Does that make Seattle a better team? I think most would say no. Neither are the Bills. Aside from maybe one team from LI it could go either way when the top teams play. That makes things interesting and, dare I say, fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL dad- relax. Being thin skinned makes it all that much easier to push your buttons. And yes remembering tourneys from 2 years ago would lead people to think you are that parent on the sidelines no one wants to talk to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL dad- relax. Being thin skinned makes it all that much easier to push your buttons. And yes remembering tourneys from 2 years ago would lead people to think you are that parent on the sidelines no one wants to talk to.

Bingo. I bet this loser still bores everyone with his story of throwing two touchdowns in the championship game for Polk High in 1984. Live in the moment, fella.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo. I bet this loser still bores everyone with his story of throwing two touchdowns in the championship game for Polk High in 1984. Live in the moment, fella.

BL dad, I got your back. I bet this guy was on the losing team. He probably sat the bench and has nothing to brag about, ever. You keep telling your touchdown story until the day you die. Inspire your grandchildren. You have your glory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL dad, I got your back. I bet this guy was on the losing team. He probably sat the bench and has nothing to brag about, ever. You keep telling your touchdown story until the day you die. Inspire your grandchildren. You have your glory.

Don't forget to wear your jersey when you tell it, too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has to remember, it is a 10 second Google search. You have heard of Google? When a Boston dad blasts Philly Lacrosse give me a break. Laxachusetts Black, please. However typical BL vitriol, but to be expected since the Laxachusetts Black team did steamroll the rest of the Philly Club Teams....that I do remember, without the help of Google.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has to remember, it is a 10 second Google search. You have heard of Google? When a Boston dad blasts Philly Lacrosse give me a break. Laxachusetts Black, please. However typical BL vitriol, but to be expected since the Laxachusetts Black team did steamroll the rest of the Philly Club Teams....that I do remember, without the help of Google.

Can someone please verify this on the google for me?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you live under a rock

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not a Boston dad nor did I blast Philly lacrosse. All I did was confirm that Lax Black is one of the top teams in the age group, as someone else had previously stated. I believe conversation was regarding Dukes and the teams that are possibly better than them. But as a typical BL parent, you feel that your team is the center of the universe and was not getting it's due respect. It's not about BL, psycho. And it's certainly not about teams BL beat when the kids were 8 and 9 years old. Such a loser...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not a Boston dad nor did I blast Philly lacrosse. All I did was confirm that Lax Black is one of the top teams in the age group, as someone else had previously stated. I believe conversation was regarding Dukes and the teams that are possibly better than them. But as a typical BL parent, you feel that your team is the center of the universe and was not getting it's due respect. It's not about BL, psycho. And it's certainly not about teams BL beat when the kids were 8 and 9 years old. Such a loser...

Well now you've done it. You think you're anonymous to Karma? Calling someone psycho and a loser? You better tell us BL folks that you love us or answer to karmic forces. Why can't we be friends? Man, I feel bad for you now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly parents living in their own bubble.

This is the quote that was blasting Philly.
Nobody said our team was the center of the universe. You were the one that was spewing about Laxachusetts Green, White, Purple Red, and Black, not me....all I quoted was fact and that was we beat Laxachusetts by a lot to a little and yes a google search is all you need to see the scores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you live under a rock

Listen, maybe you are one of the fortunate few to have this google, but you don't have to be a jerk. We use encyclopedias in my country and they are fine! Always bashing Canadians. Jeepers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now the kids are 11 and 12 and you think it is that much different. Most of the good teams the nucleus stays intact. If you don't know that then you must be on a bad team. Sure there is roster turnover but for the most part every team usually gets better as success attracts better players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now the kids are 11 and 12 and you think it is that much different. Most of the good teams the nucleus stays intact. If you don't know that then you must be on a bad team. Sure there is roster turnover but for the most part every team usually gets better as success attracts better players.

I love it when people make sense. This gets back to what I was saying about measuring a team by their record over a number of games or years in this case. Not one or two tournaments. Our voices and opinions on here don't alter the facts/records. If someone on here has more time available, set up a committee and pour over the stats then rack and stack. Or, have a toss with your kid tonight instead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not totally different, but a few really good players. One is a big fast middie that will win every faceoff. Of all people, BL parents should know that a few kids can make a tremendous difference. Take you pole and your middie off the team and you're a middle of the PA pack. You know that is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I would lump in our lefty attack the super fast one in that group.

However I agree 100% with what your saying...isn't that any team at any level?
Does Denver win without Cannizaro or FOGO. Real quickly name me two more players that played for Duke when Myles Jones was a senior. Besides Cavanaugh and Sergio what did Notre Dame have. How about Maryland, do they go anywhere without Rambo and .....I think you get the point. That is any team at any level.

i am not even convinced that Team 91 Bandits is elite without their FOGO...you play them you don't have the ball...suffice to say that is a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does Denver win without Cannizaro or FOGO. Real quickly name me two more players that played for Duke when Myles Jones was a senior. Besides Cavanaugh and Sergio what did Notre Dame have. How about Maryland, do they go anywhere without Rambo and .....I think you get the point. That is any team at any level.

i am not even convinced that Team 91 Bandits is elite without their FOGO...you play them you don't have the ball...suffice to say that is a problem.

I agree, that's my point. Someone says that because they beat them two years ago they will always be better than them. Teams don't need to be completely overhauled to be greatly improved. Case in point, Lax Black. One of the new kids won every face off and seemed to score at will. That team is substantially better because of one new kid, and they have 3 other upgrades since 2015.

And you forgot Landis from ND... gotta give the big boy some love smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, that's my point. Someone says that because they beat them two years ago they will always be better than them. Teams don't need to be completely overhauled to be greatly improved. Case in point, Lax Black. One of the new kids won every face off and seemed to score at will. That team is substantially better because of one new kid, and they have 3 other upgrades since 2015.

And you forgot Landis from ND... gotta give the big boy some love smile

What's funny neither the middie or the pole where on the team back then

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true both pole and middie were not on the team that beat Laxachusetts. I don't think the 2 players elevate this team as much as the team defense. I will be the first to concede we are average offensively

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not totally different, but a few really good players. One is a big fast middie that will win every faceoff. Of all people, BL parents should know that a few kids can make a tremendous difference. Take you pole and your middie off the team and you're a middle of the PA pack. You know that is true.

Such is life. It's not a revelation that "superstars" make a difference. The same principle applies to all teams and organizations in general. There are the stars and then there is the supporting cast. Attract, develop and retain the best and you'll have a winning formula. The teams that do this, win. BL does this very well and they're winning. Stating they would be middle of the pack ignores this principle and diminishes the contributions of everyone from the top down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such is life. It's not a revelation that "superstars" make a difference. The same principle applies to all teams and organizations in general. There are the stars and then there is the supporting cast. Attract, develop and retain the best and you'll have a winning formula. The teams that do this, win. BL does this very well and they're winning. Stating they would be middle of the pack ignores this principle and diminishes the contributions of everyone from the top down.

Well said, however, those words don't cover up the fact that without those two, the team would be a successful club. But they have them and they are. With that being said, that doesn't mean that they are still better than Lax Black because they beat them two years ago. It would be a good game for sure, but I think Lax Black is a better team. My son's team played both teams last summer (oh, and 2 summers ago beat Lax Black by 6). Lax Black was the better team of the two last season. That's doesn't mean they will always be, but unlike BL parents, I have a point of reference that you don't.

You need to get out of Pennsyltucky before you can claim to be better than everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for BL and was in that game against Lax Black two summers ago. You act like it was a decade ago. It was the fact that it was a blowout. If you get beat 12-2 by another lax team that is the end of discussion. It was 6-0 at haltfime and we took the foot off the gas.

As you pointed out you beat S2S which we lost to. Now I believe our team played poorly that day against them; however, until we beat S2S which we haven't...we can't claim to be the better team no matter what other scores and common opponents outcomes are. The same applies here until Lax Black beats Brotherly Love then they aren't the better team.

I for one enjoy staying in Philly, in case you haven't noticed everyone else comes here. I am sure that it has everything to do NXT and geographical convenience...but why travel.

What club does your son play for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why get out of Pennsyltucky when everyone else comes here. Also, didn't say we were better than everyone else. Just the team that we beat 12-2.

Also curious, why are you such a Lax Black advocate if your son doesn't play for the team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard