BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 75 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sarah Bullard????? why do they keep her and not Ohlmiller. Her stats on the weekend were only turnovers, had no goals or assists!! Mikaela Rix is better then her, Shannon Gilroy, Nicole Graziano, Sarah Mannelly,Maddie Crutchfield,Maggie Bill. All players that are way better and were cut... Katrina Dowd, Acacia Walker or Missy Doherty would be way better coaches then Fried. Even Robertshaw is a bad coach, look at college teams they both dont even make tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Feel free to bite my head off but go watch the florida vs US team on youtube, what exactly are they feeding them in Florida. I have known many of those players for a long time and they now resemble linebackers more than their former selves.

training table and FL tailgates

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel free to bite my head off but go watch the florida vs US team on youtube, what exactly are they feeding them in Florida. I have known many of those players for a long time and they now resemble linebackers more than their former selves.

I watched it too. They looked like they were in great shape. Not sure about the Linebacker comment, but they do look like the take fitness seriously down there. It showed on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you even go there? They are a very talented team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sarah Bullard????? why do they keep her and not Ohlmiller. Her stats on the weekend were only turnovers, had no goals or assists!! Mikaela Rix is better then her, Shannon Gilroy, Nicole Graziano, Sarah Mannelly,Maddie Crutchfield,Maggie Bill. All players that are way better and were cut... Katrina Dowd, Acacia Walker or Missy Doherty would be way better coaches then Fried. Even Robertshaw is a bad coach, look at college teams they both dont even make tournament.

Katrina Dowd for sure. Acacia Walker ... no way. Ms. Munday yes. KAH yes. Hmmm me sees a common denominator.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Katrina Dowd for sure. Acacia Walker ... no way. Ms. Munday yes. KAH yes. Hmmm me sees a common denominator.

All the players are interchangeable, and it's a fake championship. A real championship is college D1. If you noticed the stands, there were about 50 spectators because nobody cares!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok YJ cool aid drinker

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have a look at the Inside Lacrosse Division 1 Player of the year watch? Long Island Heavy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the players are interchangeable, and it's a fake championship. A real championship is college D1. If you noticed the stands, there were about 50 spectators because nobody cares!

What has any of the present coaches ever won when they had real competition like in college ? That's some great system when you are able to make the most talented players look just ordinary. What a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What has any of the present coaches ever won when they had real competition like in college ? That's some great system when you are able to make the most talented players look just ordinary. What a joke

Who are the 5 best coaches in D1?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the coaches chosen for the US National Team? Hasn't this group been together for 10 years or so. They have had success but anybody would. New coaches would probably result in a fairer selection process. Head coach is not well thought of by his players at GT and that program is struggling in a big way. How does that translate into being the US National coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Opinion based question you're going to get multiple answers. Acacia Walker btw turned that bc program into a contender. She has gotten praise from all of the acc schools and maryland for what she has done. She and everyone else mentioned would be a better coach than Fried and Robertshaw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gait
Spallina
Reese
Amonte - Hillier
Doherty

No knock against Levy but when you have the depth that UNC always has it doesn't command the accolades of getting more from less

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doherty , Reese, O'Leary, Levy, Spallina

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By what criteria? Winning percentage? Wins total? Most graduates? Most Championships? Happiest graduates? Largest assistant coach/head coach pipeline? There are a TON of criteria that are used to define an ambiguous "best" list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you people saying that the U.S team is a political pick I wonder if your the same parents that said that the U.A. teams were fare and if your kid wasn't picked you're just "bitter," and your kid just " isn't good enough". How does that shoe feelnow that it'son the other foot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By what criteria? Winning percentage? Wins total? Most graduates? Most Championships? Happiest graduates? Largest assistant coach/head coach pipeline? There are a TON of criteria that are used to define an ambiguous "best" list.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Most team spirit/camaraderie? Most player retention? Most conditioned team? Fewest injuries?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree how do you not take her and Fortunato, oh I know why they don't go to Maryland or Syracuse? Terrible just ridiculous

Fortunato? She is inconsistent and not good enough for that team. That's why. Ohlmiller has a case. Rabil without a doubt should be gone. All politics on all the US Lax teams. Coaches all have their own agenda! Besides, these "world" titles area joke, any D1 team could win that championship!

That all true. Why these coaches are the coaches is probably the biggest mystery.

Because NOBODY cares except the parents of the players, it didn't look like there were 500 fans at IMG for the games. Football and mens basketball are what fund virtually the entire athletic budget (and other programs as well) at most schools, that's why they HAVE TO WIN or get fired, there's no consequences in any other sport aside from maybe a few alumni making some noise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Most team spirit/camaraderie? Most player retention? Most conditioned team? Fewest injuries?

Ding ding ding!! Player retention folks- pay attention to that when going through the recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you people saying that the U.S team is a political pick I wonder if your the same parents that said that the U.A. teams were fare and if your kid wasn't picked you're just "bitter," and your kid just " isn't good enough". How does that shoe feelnow that it'son the other foot?

I don't know about any answers to your questions, but I do know this: Your spelling is HORRIBLE! Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point on player retention. But remember kids / parents overshoot on their abilities and find out later going to a top 10 is great but very tough to get a spot in the rotation . They end up quitting because of play time. Think long and hard even if your kid is a stud... it ain't easy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know about any answers to your questions, but I do know this: Your spelling is HORRIBLE! Good luck.
OK so you are defiantly on of those parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the US team to replace fried.

Walker did well because she had Rix and Stanwick. Manelley came because her family was BC. They dropped off dramatically last year and likely will stay down the rankings. Walker is disorganized and not a great coach.

Any list like someone above w/out KAH just doesn't know enough to comment. Levy couldn't get over the hump without Dowd. She was what brought them to the promised land. And her recruiting will linger for a few more years.

KAH
Munday
Reese
Gait
Doherty

in no particular order

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And no one mentions O'Leary?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reese tons of talent w results
Levy defending champ and loaded up for more
Spallina. Does most w lesser known players SBtop 5 wow
Doherty final 4 consistancy and team gets better as year goes
KAH incredible legacy decade of dominance

Common factor in all those coaches. results

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree Spallina has done amazing things with kids that have not been touted as "the best" ... even when he was at Adelphi he won championships and put them on the map. Its easy to win when you get the top athletes like Maryland and UNC; but Spallina makes his players better and actually has a plan going into a game that is executed and that is what makes him a good coach.

As for O'Leary... she has not produced a championship despite the talent that Florida draws.

Walker? She had Rix and Stanwick who made her look good, now she is more concerned with raising money at her camps, same with Levy. Doubt those two would give that up to coach the US Team anyway.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

OK so you are defiantly on of those parents

Defiantly or definitely? cry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree Spallina has done amazing things with kids that have not been touted as "the best" ... even when he was at Adelphi he won championships and put them on the map. Its easy to win when you get the top athletes like Maryland and UNC; but Spallina makes his players better and actually has a plan going into a game that is executed and that is what makes him a good coach.

As for O'Leary... she has not produced a championship despite the talent that Florida draws.

1.KAH- Great strategist and knows how to maximize the talents of each kid. Winner! Down side is that she isn't warm and fuzzy and the over all experience for the players comes up short !
2. Gait- Great developer of talent. Good strategist , comes up short in some of the Big games. Players love him!
Reese- Great recruiter, Very organized and has developed the best program.
3.Spallina- Like Gait is the best developer of talent. Can maximize each players talents. Understands how to exploit the rules and use it to his advantage better than anyone. He may end up being the best 10 years from now.
4.O'Leary- Best recruiter out there. Works the hardest to get kids in . Can't deny her record from day one. Might Not the best game day coach, but kids are prepared, in shape and athletic.
5.Levy- Another great recruiter, Built a great program. Have to see if she wins without Dowd to move her up on the list.
Honorable mention - Doherty

Walker? She had Rix and Stanwick who made her look good, now she is more concerned with raising money at her camps, same with Levy. Doubt those two would give that up to coach the US Team anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most early season games even at the best schools only get a couple hundred fans. Attendance at Championship weekend has also been down 9 years in a row and now attendance is half of what it was just a decade ago. We need more competitive teams and new champions.

Look at college football over last 25 years. 17 winners vs 5 in Women's lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most early season games even at the best schools only get a couple hundred fans. Attendance at Championship weekend has also been down 9 years in a row and now attendance is half of what it was just a decade ago. We need more competitive teams and new champions.

Look at college football over last 25 years. 17 winners vs 5 in Women's lacrosse

It's coming. You need to have the game spread at the youth and high school levels, which it is. USC is maybe ready to do it ... others will be over time as the stranglehold that MD/Mid-atlantic has had goes away. NU was first step. Now the disciples are following on. West at UA was much improved (final 4?) and top players are starting to come from different regions (see Michaels at USC).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In order to have more competitive teams there would have to be more competitive players. The reality is that lacrosse is still a niche sport and there is a limited number of high level athletes participating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In order to have more competitive teams there would have to be

more competitive players. The reality is that lacrosse is still a niche sport and there is a limited number of high level athletes participating.

All women's sports are like this, there is more parity in lax then there is in womens basketball or hockey. But I do agree it needs to get better. I think at Gillette this year it will be different, I hope they get a huge turnout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1.KAH- Great strategist and knows how to maximize the talents of each kid. Winner! Down side is that she isn't warm and fuzzy and the over all experience for the players comes up short !
2. Gait- Great developer of talent. Good strategist , comes up short in some of the Big games. Players love him!
3.Spallina- Like Gait is the best developer of talent. Can maximize each players talents. Understands how to exploit the rules and use it to his advantage better than anyone. He may end up being the best 10 years from now.
4.O'Leary- Best recruiter out there. Works the hardest to get kids in . Can't deny her record from day one. Might Not the best game day coach, but kids are prepared, in shape and athletic.
5.Levy- Another great recruiter, Built a great program. Have to see if she wins without Dowd to move her up on the list.

3.Reese- Great recruiter, Very organized and has developed the best program.
4.Spallina- Like Gait is the best developer of talent. Can maximize each players talents. Understands how to exploit the rules and use it to his advantage better than anyone. He may end up being the best 10 years from now.
5A.O'Leary- Best recruiter out there. Works the hardest to get kids in . Can't deny her record from day one. Might Not the best game day coach, but kids are prepared, in shape and athletic.
5B.Levy- Another great recruiter, Built a great program. Have to see if she wins without Dowd to move her up on the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ok.....how many fans at...basketball, volleyball, swimming, field hockey, ice hockey, softball, cross country, track etc.....attendance based argument doesn't make sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ok.....how many fans at...basketball, volleyball, swimming, field hockey, ice hockey, softball, cross country, track etc.....attendance based argument doesn't make sense

What?? Attendance is down last 10 years at the lax championship that's a fact. Is attendance down by half in those others sports? Not sure but since I haven't seen anything written I will say probably not. As far as the need for additional winners, it would be great for the sport to spread the championship wealth around. Not talking about football attendance but the sports ability to have different winners each year is good for the sport and attendance. How can our sport be adding teams but not adding fans? That is a huge problem

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Only the top basketball and football teams get crowds. After that, family and other athletes who are compelled by their programs to attend other sports' events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3.Reese- Great recruiter, Very organized and has developed the best program.
4.Spallina- Like Gait is the best developer of talent. Can maximize each players talents. Understands how to exploit the rules and use it to his advantage better than anyone. He may end up being the best 10 years from now.
5A.O'Leary- Best recruiter out there. Works the hardest to get kids in . Can't deny her record from day one. Might Not the best game day coach, but kids are prepared, in shape and athletic.
5B.Levy- Another great recruiter, Built a great program. Have to see if she wins without Dowd to move her up on the list.

O'Leary can't win a big game if her life depended on it, started by blowing a double digit lead against Syracuse years ago at NCAA weekend in Stony Brook and hasn't gotten any better. Looks to have a great team this year (last year too!), perhaps she should just let them play and not do too much in game coaching and her team just might win in spite of her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon smith is gonna shock the lacrosse world over the next 3 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon smith is gonna shock the lacrosse world over the next 3 years

Yes, I can definitely see a Hofstra vs UNC final this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comment above is a downside of legalized weed...

Page 32 of 75 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard