BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 214 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Was that wantagh's JV this weekend, because that definitely didn't resemble wantagh's varsity from years past.

A couple of parents who think their girls are the bomb handpicked the "top" varsity players to play and apparently it didn't work out as planned. Humble pie.

...says the asshat parent who never lifts a finger to do anything

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top players? My god their in trouble

It's funny...I looked at the games his past weekend and besides GC who went to the final there looks like a lot of LI teams that went 1 - 2. Maybe they sent their JV as well??

The real sad part is you are talking about young girls...so pathetic. If you seem to know who these parents are who coached, why don't you reach out to them. With the coaching vacancy just filled at Wantagh, it sounds like these parents at least tried to get the girls going for the upcoming season. Again, what have you done?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Was that wantagh's JV this weekend, because that definitely didn't resemble wantagh's varsity from years past.

A couple of parents who think their girls are the bomb handpicked the "top" varsity players to play and apparently it didn't work out as planned. Humble pie.

No way was that Wantagh's top team they are better than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can this really be called The indoor "National Championship"
if all the top teams weren't there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can this really be called The indoor "National Championship"
if all the top teams weren't there?

Sure they can just ask the Yellow Jackets they claim they are naty champs every year and they play games with a garbage can in the other cage

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's funny...I looked at the games his past weekend and besides GC who went to the final there looks like a lot of LI teams that went 1 - 2. Maybe they sent their JV as well??

The real sad part is you are talking about young girls...so pathetic. If you seem to know who these parents are who coached, why don't you reach out to them. With the coaching vacancy just filled at Wantagh, it sounds like these parents at least tried to get the girls going for the upcoming season. Again, what have you done?

They tried to get "the girls going" or their girls going....don't pump your chest about doing it for your town, you did it for your daughters only...how'd that work out for ya?!! At least GC does it to make the town better not just a select group of girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Was that wantagh's JV this weekend, because that definitely didn't resemble wantagh's varsity from years past.

I'm the parent that picked the team, you know who i am, i'll be at the meeting tomorrow night. You have my number, we can meet before or after the meeting to discuss the bashing of my wantagh varsity girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm the parent that picked the team, you know who i am, i'll be at the meeting tomorrow night. You have my number, we can meet before or after the meeting to discuss the bashing of my wantagh varsity girls.

haha....you are that small little snowflake man.......I can send my wife to take of you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is perfect...again, you know who coached this past weekend and they have responded in the previous post. Hopefully you will be at the meeting tomorrow night and this topic can be put to rest and the girls can look forward to spring season.

Then we don't have to post on BOC how terrible the team is. The expectations for this spring are obviously very low based upon your assessments. They are a JV team, no chemistry and certainly some no talent handpicked "bombs"...way to insult a fine group of young ladies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Orange Crush from?

McDonogh school

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

haha....you are that small little snowflake man.......I can send my wife to take of you

What does that even mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They tried to get "the girls going" or their girls going....don't pump your chest about doing it for your town, you did it for your daughters only...how'd that work out for ya?!! At least GC does it to make the town better not just a select group of girls.

Obviously not groom gc where everyone does it for "their girls"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"My Wantagh varsity girls" ??? There in lies the problem with high school sports and lacrosse. What is the story with last years Wantagh coach? Was she run out of town?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about a lot of the LI teams going 1-2. It looks like Middle Country, SWR, and CSH all went 2-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about a lot of the LI teams going 1-2. It looks like Middle Country, SWR, and CSH all went 2-1

I did not say all but beside Wantagh I see Mattituck, BBP, Port Washington, Manhasset, and Smihtown West. That is 6 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"My Wantagh varsity girls" ??? There in lies the problem with high school sports and lacrosse. What is the story with last years Wantagh coach? Was she run out of town?

No she actually got a teaching job at Plainedge and believe she is going to be an assistant lax coach at the their HS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would the coach be run out of town? She didn't take that shot while Wantagh was in a stall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No she actually got a teaching job at Plainedge and believe she is going to be an assistant lax coach at the their HS

Plainedge advertised that they needed a HC why wasn't it given to her if she works in the district? Plainedge has never had the success of Wantagh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic. A parent tries to do something to help the program while there is a vacancy at the coaching position. I am sure you knew about this event prior to it occurring so if you had a problem you easily could have reached out to those "filling in" as coaches and expressed your concerns. Instead you come onto this site anonymously to bash the kids that played, the parents that gave their time, and just be a horrible example to your kids about how to handle things as an adult. You are the prime example of why people never want to get involved as volunteers in anything, its just not worth dealing with the drama queens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong the Parents that gave their time didn't "care" about those girls. He picked and chose who he wanted to from his "inner circle". He never gave all of the girls the option to play over the weekend - girls who were on the varsity team the prior year. Instead he took an 8th grader who he's friends with the family. And then he short changed those girls because there wasn't enough players. You (and yes we know who you are) did a disservice to these girls (that other towns are bashing as no talent) when they are a talented group and aren't selfish players. They haven't had a chance to prove themselves because of prior pathetic coaching. And shame on the Athletic Director who is useless for allowing it. Hopefully this new coach has the balls to tell you parents to sit down and shut up and let him coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong the Parents that gave their time didn't "care" about those girls. He picked and chose who he wanted to from his "inner circle". He never gave all of the girls the option to play over the weekend - girls who were on the varsity team the prior year. Instead he took an 8th grader who he's friends with the family. And then he short changed those girls because there wasn't enough players. You (and yes we know who you are) did a disservice to these girls (that other towns are bashing as no talent) when they are a talented group and aren't selfish players. They haven't had a chance to prove themselves because of prior pathetic coaching. And shame on the Athletic Director who is useless for allowing it. Hopefully this new coach has the balls to tell you parents to sit down and shut up and let him coach.

Was it dads of kids that play club? Sounds like the F&F program over at YJ's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perfect example of the cowardly poster. Seems you have an issue with every coach and its no wonder as you decide to just anonymously bash them instead of being an adult and having a conversation with them. You are clearly one of those disgusting parents who do nothing to help build a program and just complain about those who do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you even entertain this moron !!! Obviously they have serious issues and they probably discuss this at the dinner table. I feel bad for the kid. What these parents did for the off season after being left high and dry by their Coach is a great thing. Wantagh was and always will be right there in the end. If they're the underdog, even better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other LI teams went 1-2 in last weekend's tournament… Wantagh is the only community that is up in arms over the performance and still chirping about it 3 days later. It's too bad Wantagh's lax community isn't rallying around the girls that are still on the team from last year and building up the ones that are coming up … rather than embarrassing each other and discouraging others. Every school has a down year(s), the key to success is to re-build and compete, not denigrate each other. Good luck to all of the girls this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's just a little info on the whole early recruiting process.
My 2016 daughter was fairly highly recruited: 8 schools from Hofstra in the north to University of Florida in the south. She committed to a D1 during the summer after sophomore year. She was very excited about her choice and so were we. She moved into school in early September last year and all was going well...fall ball, school, etc. Played very well and started some of the games during fall. All of a sudden,yesterday she informs me that she does not want to go back. I asked how long she's felt this way and she said since she moved. Wow! So, she called her coach yesterday and went and visited with her today. The coach told her that she was a big part of the teams upcoming season and hated to lose her. They talked for several hours, and some of the upper classmen talked to her, all to no avail. In the end she chose to leave and signed her release paperwork. Now she's on her way back home. Here's what I thought: That my daughter would never do this. She's very responsible, great student, takes care of her business, works hard, etc. She loves working out and didn't think the practices were too hard. She ran her mile run test in 6:15. She has lots of friends and got along with her room mate very well. But, ultimately, she didn't "feel right" at the school. Just "off". She's going to go the local community college, which is always highly ranked, and play there and hopefully continue at another 4-year school that is more for her. Her former team treated her wonderfully, she loved the coaches, liked the school. It just didn't work. So, my advice to any parents and players is to choose your school wisely. Talk about all of the negatives as much as the positives. Talk about the "what ifs". And, most of all communicate a lot. Good luck to all going through the process now. It can be exciting, pressure packed and fun all at the same time. And, do not discount a D2 or D3 school. It's not all about D1. Good Luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It happens a lot. It's the biggest decision they must make in their life up to that point. Unfortunately they are making these decisions way to young with the early recruitment. Definitely no guarantees. Thanks for that story and I'm sure she'll be fine. This story will get you thinking too.
http://uslaxmagazine.com/high_schoo...r_student_how_curtis_zappala_walked_away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It happens a lot. It's the biggest decision they must make in their life up to that point. Unfortunately they are making these decisions way to young with the early recruitment. Definitely no guarantees. Thanks for that story and I'm sure she'll be fine. This story will get you thinking too.

You're welcome. I've been involved with the game for a long time, and my kids situation is not unique. But, there are lots of people who don't want to think it will be their kid. I didn't think it would be my kid. She was 1st team all-county on two different lists. Great/very good player. But, somewhere along the way her feelings about the school she chose changed. Only she knows what it is. And yes, I think she will be fine, at school and on the field. Now, just gotta find the next place. This time she'll probably make a better choice for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good info. Thanks for sharing. Our daughter committed this summer as an in coming HS Soph . I like her choice of school but I still worry about it as things can change with 3 mores years of HS ahead of her. They are still kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West eye is in big trouble. Heard they only have 3 field players returning

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're welcome. I've been involved with the game for a long time, and my kids situation is not unique. But, there are lots of people who don't want to think it will be their kid. I didn't think it would be my kid. She was 1st team all-county on two different lists. Great/very good player. But, somewhere along the way her feelings about the school she chose changed. Only she knows what it is. And yes, I think she will be fine, at school and on the field. Now, just gotta find the next place. This time she'll probably make a better choice for her.

We have club friends in 8th and 9th grade begging to verbal. The same kids carrying a low grades in school. That never took a regents or the SAT and frankly are too immature just like my kid to make this big decision but the parents keep pushing these little kids to take the plunge. They aren't studs. They aren't picking the best of schools but they are picking. What's the rush?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fortunately or unfortunately, depending what side you're on, until you sign that paper,you can always decommit. It happens more today than ever because of early commits. If she were to kill it this year and next you'd be surprised to see how many schools would try to contact her and "find " money to make it happen. Times have changed, and this early recruiting goes both ways. At that point the only thing that matters is your daughter and her future. The other thing is, the way this business is today you're lucky if the Head Coach is still there 3 or 4 years from now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2016 daughter was fairly highly recruited: 8 schools from Hofstra in the north to University of Florida in the south. She committed to a D1 during the summer after sophomore year. She was very excited about her choice and so were we. She moved into school in early September last year and all was going well...fall ball, school, etc. Played very well and started some of the games during fall. All of a sudden,yesterday she informs me that she does not want to go back. I asked how long she's felt this way and she said since she moved. Wow! So, she called her coach yesterday and went and visited with her today. The coach told her that she was a big part of the teams upcoming season and hated to lose her. They talked for several hours, and some of the upper classmen talked to her, all to no avail. In the end she chose to leave and signed her release paperwork. Now she's on her way back home. Here's what I thought: That my daughter would never do this. She's very responsible, great student, takes care of her business, works hard, etc. She loves working out and didn't think the practices were too hard. She ran her mile run test in 6:15. She has lots of friends and got along with her room mate very well. But, ultimately, she didn't "feel right" at the school. Just "off". She's going to go the local community college, which is always highly ranked, and play there and hopefully continue at another 4-year school that is more for her. Her former team treated her wonderfully, she loved the coaches, liked the school. It just didn't work. So, my advice to any parents and players is to choose your school wisely. Talk about all of the negatives as much as the positives. Talk about the "what ifs". And, most of all communicate a lot. Good luck to all going through the process now. It can be exciting, pressure packed and fun all at the same time. And, do not discount a D2 or D3 school. It's not all about D1. Good Luck to all.

Is she looking to stay in NY? Marcy and NYIT have great programs, gorgeous schools and just far away to be back home pasta Sundays

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is great advice! Your daughter is not the only one! I have a son in a similar situation with basically the same story. Top recruit, starting on a top D1 program, but just isn't happy. People need to be careful what they wish for!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is great advice! Your daughter is not the only one! I have a son in a similar situation with basically the same story. Top recruit, starting on a top D1 program, but just isn't happy. People need to be careful what they wish for!

Thank you, and that is why I put it out there. First, I would hope that a family in the middle of the recruiting process would read and heed at least a little of the info. Agree with your last sentence: Be careful what you wish for. Second, I know that this is partly due to the early recruiting trend. I'm not going to say all of our situation is due to early recruiting, but some of it has to be. She started to be recruited during the summer after her freshman year. It was almost non-stop for a year and I think it started to wear on her. She visited eight schools, but once she started getting offers, I think she felt pressure to go SOMEWHERE. So, like I mentioned above, ask the hard questions of your kid. Talk about the "what ifs". Have a Plan B. She's a smart kid, and I know academically she'll be fine. And,she still wants to play somewhere, which makes ol' dad happy (we spent a lot of money over the years) LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This happens with athletes and non-athletes. Kids change schools all the time, As with just about everything else in life it is a learning experience. View it as a positive. I am very happy for your daughter as she appears to have the courage to evaluate, make a decision and take action. Those traits will serve her well in life. The smartest people and the best leaders are the ones who are willing to adjust their sails and change course when necessary. Some say that only the strong survive and that it is survival of the fittest when in reality it is the one who is willing to change and adapt that will not only survive but thrive. It is less about your current situation or what has happened to you that impacts your future, it is all about the decisions you make and the action you take moving forward that will define who you are.

All the best to your daughter, please tell he to make her own way in the world. As we all know it is not a sprint and their will be plenty of bumps and curves in the road. She has a bright future with unlimited potential and opportunity.

That holds true for your son as well. It holds true for all of our kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fortunately or unfortunately, depending what side you're on, until you sign that paper,you can always decommit. It happens more today than ever because of early commits. If she were to kill it this year and next you'd be surprised to see how many schools would try to contact her and "find " money to make it happen. Times have changed, and this early recruiting goes both ways. At that point the only thing that matters is your daughter and her future. The other thing is, the way this business is today you're lucky if the Head Coach is still there 3 or 4 years from now.

I am watching many of the very early commits from the last few years get bypassed by others on their own team. That is a risk and fear of Coaches going all in on girls in 8th or used to be 9th grade. Could it be the girls lose the drive and focus in the later HS years that are seemingly meaningless once they commit? Or some just peaked early? The girls at the current recruiting age, look at a group at the same playing level, some are completely maxed out on potential, some are just getting going. How are the coaches to know? Some studs remain studs and stay ahead, some seem to be flatlining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th and 9th grade girls haven't taken a regents or an SAT yet. Most of the early commits we know aren't great students either. They are picking schools without knowing what they want to study in school. I guess when they get closer they will see what majors the school offers. I think its safe to say any 8th grader that picks a college is picking the college for lacrosse reasons *** but most they are picking some big name good schools that they wouldn't haven't gotten in to without lax so I guess that's the point right??.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th and 9th grade girls haven't taken a regents or an SAT yet. Most of the early commits we know aren't great students either. They are picking schools without knowing what they want to study in school. I guess when they get closer they will see what majors the school offers. I think its safe to say any 8th grader that picks a college is picking the college for lacrosse reasons *** but most they are picking some big name good schools that they wouldn't haven't gotten in to without lax so I guess that's the point right??.

How on earth would you know if the girls "aren't great students"? Do you know each of them personally so you can make such a blanket statement?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am watching many of the very early commits from the last few years get bypassed by others on their own team. That is a risk and fear of Coaches going all in on girls in 8th or used to be 9th grade. Could it be the girls lose the drive and focus in the later HS years that are seemingly meaningless once they commit? Or some just peaked early? The girls at the current recruiting age, look at a group at the same playing level, some are completely maxed out on potential, some are just getting going. How are the coaches to know? Some studs remain studs and stay ahead, some seem to be flatlining.

Let me guess your kid is a late bloomer. What a loser you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and how would you be the authority on who has or hasn't maxed out? once again we have a know nothing yapper who just regurgitates stupid stuff the other moms spew in the stands and sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 214 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard