BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 313 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GC and Ryken are subt tier teams, they will succeed in the MIAA B conference, can't play against good opponents.

Time will tell

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC and Ryken are subt tier teams, they will succeed in the MIAA B conference, can't play against good opponents.

Time will tell

CANT play against good opponents? Funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ouch! Someone got beat by GC and Ryken I see!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade vs MCD. Should be a fun game.

Hill Academy comes down from Canada every year in March to play a bunch of the MIAA teams. Would love to see MCDonogh play them.

According to Laxpower here is the Hill Academy Schedule:

3/14 Springside Chestnut Hill (Philly)
3/15 Georgetown Prep
3/16 Calvert Hall
3/17 Loyola Blakefield
3/18 Archbisop Spalding
3/19 Boys' Latin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hill Academy is just an IMG in the north, without football. Most kids only go for one semester and they recruit from all around North America. They also get bunch of Edge lacrosse players

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hill Academy comes down from Canada every year in March to play a bunch of the MIAA teams. Would love to see MCDonogh play them.

3/15 Georgetown Prep
3/16 Calvert Hall
3/17 Loyola Blakefield
3/18 Archbisop Spalding
3/19 Boys' Latin

Pretty sure McD has been added to their list of games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3/15 Georgetown Prep
3/16 Calvert Hall
3/17 Loyola Blakefield
3/18 Archbisop Spalding
3/19 Boys' Latin

Pretty sure McD has been added to their list of games.

Not on McD School Athletic website schedule . Good out of conference teams there Chaminade, Haverford, New Canaan, Durham and a few Good teams from DC area. Tough schedule prior to their MIAA season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic of discussion:

Best team in the eastern shore, other then KI or Queen Anne's

I don't really know much anyways. And I know that some of the best players come to the "mainland." Severn and St Mary's benifits the most out of this, but the hawks 2020 navy commit lives on the eastern shore but goes to McDonough. I imagine he lives there, as the commute would drive anyone insane

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talbot has a strong team. Usually on par with Kent Island. Not always. Worcester Prep very strong too. As far as club.....Kaos U13is good A level. Quiet Storm has a strong HS JV. Dark Horse and Triple Threat usually have a decent team among the many age groups. Eastern Shore teams aren't grade based. Not enough kids over here. Giovanni, McD/Hawks 2020, is a 5 day boarder. He has played for several clubs over here before graduating to Hawks. He is even better on the football field, gets perfect grades and a helluva artist. I have a Looneys 2021 player that played several teams over here too. It's pretty sweet living on this side. I only cross the bridge for lacrosse and the airport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hill Academy is just an IMG in the north, without football. Most kids only go for one semester and they recruit from all around North America. They also get bunch of Edge lacrosse players

Hill Academy is indeed a sports academy. They offer hockey or lacrosse and it's located in a suburb of Toronto. 90% of the lacrosse players commute to the school from the greater Toronto area. The other 10% do come from other parts of North America. The boarding students are not their best players, either.

They have 3 lacrosse teams: middle school, junior varsity and varsity. The JV and V are divided based on grade and not ability. The 2019's and 20's are on JV and the 2017's and 18's on V.

The school is very demanding. Past players have gone on to Harvard, Cornell, JHU, UNC, etc. Hill Academy players can be found on many college rosters at every level. It isn't for everyone and the staff is very up front about that. It is intense. Maybe some students only last for one semester for that reason.

As far as recruiting goes my guess is that the reputation of the school speaks for itself and players come to them. How hard does McDonogh, Boys' Latin, Calvert Hall, etc. have to work to recruit players? Probably a similar situation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hill Academy is just an IMG in the north, without football. Most kids only go for one semester and they recruit from all around North America. They also get bunch of Edge lacrosse players

Hill Academy is indeed a sports academy. They offer hockey or lacrosse and it's located in a suburb of Toronto. 90% of the lacrosse players commute to the school from the greater Toronto area. The other 10% do come from other parts of North America. The boarding students are not their best players, either.

They have 3 lacrosse teams: middle school, junior varsity and varsity. The JV and V are divided based on grade and not ability. The 2019's and 20's are on JV and the 2017's and 18's on V.

The school is very demanding. Past players have gone on to Harvard, Cornell, JHU, UNC, etc. Hill Academy players can be found on many college rosters at every level. It isn't for everyone and the staff is very up front about that. It is intense. Maybe some students only last for one semester for that reason.

As far as recruiting goes my guess is that the reputation of the school speaks for itself and players come to them. How hard does McDonogh, Boys' Latin, Calvert Hall, etc. have to work to recruit players? Probably a similar situation.

Hill school offers quality pre-MIAA season competition to many of the A Conference teams during their spring break swing thru the states. Love to watch them multiple times when they come thru Baltimore in March. Speaking of BL, I'm interested in hearing any "educated" opinions on how coach Brian Farrell's second year will be? Anybody have a read on that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of a good youth lacrosse league in Hawaii. My family is being relocated their due to the military. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your service. My buddy is in the Army and was in Hawaii for many years. Just got sent to Colorado this year. I will ask him

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you living in Honolulu?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Severn and St. Mary's Ryken being undefeated in the Annapolis Indoor League?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Severn and St. Mary's Ryken being undefeated in the Annapolis Indoor League?

It's an indoor box lacrosse league with teams in or around Anne Arundel County. Severn is no supprise, they have the best lacrosse in or around Anne Arundel County. I cannot comment on Ryken.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Severn is no supprise, they have the best lacrosse in or around Anne Arundel County.

LOLOLOLOL.... Severn is 2-15 against St. Mary's in the current century.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Severn is no supprise, they have the best lacrosse in or around Anne Arundel County.

lolololoooololol

Well Severn beat them 17-4 last year, we're talking about 2017 lacrosse season here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lolololoooololol

Well Severn beat them 17-4 last year, we're talking about 2017 lacrosse season here.

Is St. Marys going to be better this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes in base housing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes in base housing

?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes in base housing

?

This is the person that is moving to Hawaii.

I found some online, you didn't specify what age but nonetheless, the lacrosse programs are 7-18, as there is no high school lacrosse there. Also buying stuff will be incredibly expensive due to the shipping cost.

http://alohalax.org/app/index/list/?org=ALOHALAX.ORG

This from what I looked up is the only youth lacrosse organization that I could find. They serve grades K-12 boys and girls. There are a lot of military children from my understanding.

http://hawaiilacrosse.com

This is an adult league, personally if you want to play. They hold a tournement every year that draws attention from MLL players. A lot of them play recreationally in the tournement.

There is no club lacrosse, but Aloha Lax sends a team to the mainland every year.

Hope you have a nice time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, you guys are tough. St. Mary's has ONE down year, after winning the MIAA A conference championship, and someone on here declares Severn "the best in or around Anne Arundel County."

We ARE talking about 2017 and while Severn and Spalding both have solid rosters and coaching... I hate to break to to you... but in the immortal words of The Who... the AA county theme for 2017 will be "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn will kill St Mary's this year...same as last year ...maybe things change after 2017. StM will be 2-7 in MIAA at best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, you guys are tough. St. Mary's has ONE down year, after winning the MIAA A conference championship, and someone on here declares Severn "the best in or around Anne Arundel County."

We ARE talking about 2017 and while Severn and Spalding both have solid rosters and coaching... I hate to break to to you... but in the immortal words of The Who... the AA county theme for 2017 will be "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

It wasn't exactly a down year, they won a single game the entire year. Severn made it to the final 4 of the MIAA. You guys just pass off severn until they beat St Mary's 17-4 and make it to the final 4. St Mary's has to take 3-4 years to be relevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn did have a nice season in 2016. I might point out that they were 3-24 in the conference in the three seasons before 2016.

AA county will be fun to watch in 2017. I know St. Mary's and Spalding have improved their teams from 2016. I hope Severn has too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you

Yes in base housing

?

This is the person that is moving to Hawaii.

I found some online, you didn't specify what age but nonetheless, the lacrosse programs are 7-18, as there is no high school lacrosse there. Also buying stuff will be incredibly expensive due to the shipping cost.

http://alohalax.org/app/index/list/?org=ALOHALAX.ORG

This from what I looked up is the only youth lacrosse organization that I could find. They serve grades K-12 boys and girls. There are a lot of military children from my understanding.

http://hawaiilacrosse.com

This is an adult league, personally if you want to play. They hold a tournement every year that draws attention from MLL players. A lot of them play recreationally in the tournement.

There is no club lacrosse, but Aloha Lax sends a team to the mainland every year.

Hope you have a nice time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year, the top 5 public would be South River, Severna Park, Annapolis,'Westminster and Howard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year, the top 5 public would be South River, Severna Park, Annapolis,'Westminster and Howard

Not a Linganore guy, but a Frederick County guy. You need to add Linganore to this list. THey've won three state titles in the last 5 years (including last year) and they lost some but have a lot of growing and remaining talent on this year's team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Linganore guy, but a Frederick County guy. You need to add Linganore to this list. THey've won three state titles in the last 5 years (including last year) and they lost some but have a lot of growing and remaining talent on this year's team.

Sorry, typo, 2 state titles in 5 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, typo, 2 state titles in 5 years.

I'm hearing Northern will make a run for the top maryland team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get a VA Public top 10 list. You can put the 6a,5a,4a on the same list should make it more fun.
1. Robinson
2. 1 of three Loudoun County schools
3. South Lakes
4. Patriot
5. ?????
6-10. ??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2A is so competitive, am I right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2A-1A is like comparing that MIAA C/B to the A conference. Sure these teams are good, but they went good enough to compete with the top dogs aka 4A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Laxpower does a pretty good job ranking the MD teams. Here are the MD top 20 at the end of last year:
1 Severna Park
2 Broadneck
3 Linganore
4 Hereford
5 Churchill
6 Kent Island
7 Northern/Calv Ct
8 Fallston
9 Liberty
10 Annapolis
11 Howard
12 River Hill
13 Towson
14 Westminster
15 Mount Hebron
16 Oakdale
17 CM Wright
18 Chesapeake-AA
19 Century
20 South River

I'm not so sure about VA, but here is how they wound up last year.
1 Dominion
2 Stone Bridge
3 Robinson
4 Woodgrove
5 Patrick Henry Roanoke
6 South Lakes
7 Woodson
8 Briar Woods
9 James River
10 South County
11 Atlee
12 Centreville
13 Hanover
14 Western Albemarle
15 Loudoun Valley
16 Freedom-South Riding
17 Loudoun County
18 Yorktown
19 Marshall
20 Broad Run
21 Patriot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Laxpower does a pretty good job ranking the MD teams. Here are the MD top 20 at the end of last year:
1 Severna Park
2 Broadneck
3 Linganore
4 Hereford
5 Churchill
6 Kent Island
7 Northern/Calv Ct
8 Fallston
9 Liberty
10 Annapolis
11 Howard
12 River Hill
13 Towson
14 Westminster
15 Mount Hebron
16 Oakdale
17 CM Wright
18 Chesapeake-AA
19 Century
20 South River

1 Dominion
2 Stone Bridge
3 Robinson
4 Woodgrove
5 Patrick Henry Roanoke
6 South Lakes
7 Woodson
8 Briar Woods
9 James River
10 South County
11 Atlee
12 Centreville
13 Hanover
14 Western Albemarle
15 Loudoun Valley
16 Freedom-South Riding
17 Loudoun County
18 Yorktown
19 Marshall
20 Broad Run
21 Patriot

You cant use Laxpower they use real numbers and stats to make this rankings. I like when you just make the list up out of your head so people can call each other names.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Severna Park
2 Broadneck
3 Linganore
4 Hereford
5 Churchill
6 Kent Island
7 Northern/Calv Ct
8 Fallston
9 Liberty
10 Annapolis
11 Howard
12 River Hill
13 Towson
14 Westminster
15 Mount Hebron
16 Oakdale
17 CM Wright
18 Chesapeake-AA
19 Century
20 South River

1 Dominion
2 Stone Bridge
3 Robinson
4 Woodgrove
5 Patrick Henry Roanoke
6 South Lakes
7 Woodson
8 Briar Woods
9 James River
10 South County
11 Atlee
12 Centreville
13 Hanover
14 Western Albemarle
15 Loudoun Valley
16 Freedom-South Riding
17 Loudoun County
18 Yorktown
19 Marshall
20 Broad Run
21 Patriot

You cant use Laxpower they use real numbers and stats to make this rankings. I like when you just make the list up out of your head so people can call each other names.

Yes... a kindred spirit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Severna Park
2 Broadneck
3 Linganore
4 Hereford
5 Churchill
6 Kent Island
7 Northern/Calv Ct
8 Fallston
9 Liberty
10 Annapolis
11 Howard
12 River Hill
13 Towson
14 Westminster
15 Mount Hebron
16 Oakdale
17 CM Wright
18 Chesapeake-AA
19 Century
20 South River

1 Dominion
2 Stone Bridge
3 Robinson
4 Woodgrove
5 Patrick Henry Roanoke
6 South Lakes
7 Woodson
8 Briar Woods
9 James River
10 South County
11 Atlee
12 Centreville
13 Hanover
14 Western Albemarle
15 Loudoun Valley
16 Freedom-South Riding
17 Loudoun County
18 Yorktown
19 Marshall
20 Broad Run
21 Patriot

Yes... a kindred spirit.

The bad thing about laxpowr is that they don't give recent wins a higher weight than wins at the beginning of the season. So teams that lost their 1st 3 games show up on the same as teams that lost their last 3 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax power also doesn't show strength of schedule.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 313 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard