BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 277 of 327 1 2 275 276 277 278 279 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh sure go ahead and clutter this with logic.

you must think that you are so smart. the fact is if you are on a top 20 D1 roster you have it made in life. It doesn't matter which. you go to front of the line in job opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Front of line for what jobs? Not if your stud has the I.Q. of a plant.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2019 too. Seems like a pattern here.

Are you talking about 2019 Top Guns? I can assure you that nobody was moved to LA after being committed

2018 TG has a girl going to Stony Brook. When she commited, she was on Purple. She was moved to Black after she commited to make it look good.

I think it would actually make the club look better if more purple players were to commit to top 25 teams, but I don't think that they're smart enough to realize that

Quantity of commits always goes to YJ's hands down but after the top handful of girls, most girls are going to schools that anyone can play at

That comment is so short sighted. You seem to be under the assumption that every girl wants to play D1. The smart girls find a school that has a major that they are interested in, has a reputable school for that department, checks the flexibility of the lax program with it's players to see if they will allow for outside requirements, and ensures they are a good fit with the schedule and coach. There are a ton of crappy D1 programs out there and too many girls are going to them just so they can say they are D1. Many of these programs own these girls and restrict the majors they can declare; hence, that is why 90% of women's lacrosse players at top programs have undeclared majors.

Is that what you want from your daughter? To come out of school having very few employment options other than travel lacrosse coach? At least you can tell everyone that she plays D!, right? Good luck with that. My daughter received multiple D1 offers, but she went with a top D2 program that fit her post-collegiate needs. Does that make her any less of an athlete? Nope. It makes her smarter than most.

This is an example of a good fit for the student-athlete. Many are not good fits. I've posted it before that just over 50% of student-athletes play the full four years with the biggest drop between sophomore/junior years.

In terms of overall post graduate success D3 owns that category. This could be because many D3 schools are tough academically and have great post graduate alumni connections. Middlebury, Hamilton, Williams (any NESCAC, really), Washington & Lee, Haverford, etc are extremely challenging schools but also allow for studying abroad, pre-med type majors, etc. If you want broad post-graduate success stories these are schools to check out.

They also play competitive lacrosse. The best D3 is better than D2; Hamilton beat D2 champ Florida Southern in their neighborhood last March (it was Florida Southern's last loss of the year). So the play is good.

The success story is a happy daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Front of line for what jobs? Not if your stud has the I.Q. of a plant.

Sarcasm dude... get to know it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't TG have their own forum? Not a TG basher, just don't need to see or hear about TG on a YJ forum. If I wanted to see or hear about TG, should be able to go a TG forum. As for commits go, different strokes for different folks. What gets lost in the whole thing is.....It's not about the parent, it's about the kid!! Every kid should ask themselves, "If it were not for lacrosse, would I even consider this school?" Not ever kid is a D1 athlete. And, not every kid is an Ivy. Yet, too many crazies bash their choice. There remains so many great opportunities for average to above average student athletes to play in college. Figure out what school your kid might be interested and go to their camp. Make sure your kid takes the lead. College coaches don't want to hear from crazy parents.
As to your first point , Just as many YJ parents are talking on the YJ thread about TG (and every other girls thread) as TG parents. You wold have to stop your own clubmates from spreading Yelliw point among all threads before you complain about TG parents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where anyone can play? what a doosh. who are you the authority on college lax? you are embarrassing yourself. you have no clue about the talent level on the next level.

Quiet down. If you are going to blabber about your club and you kid non stop then go play big time. You tools lecture us non stop but the reality is only a handful play at the highest level in college. Anyone who plays in college should be applauded and its easy to root for the humble quiet ones
Humble and Quiet doesn't apply to 90% of club parents

Look at Me! Look at Me!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you talking about 2019 Top Guns? I can assure you that nobody was moved to LA after being committed

2018 TG has a girl going to Stony Brook. When she commited, she was on Purple. She was moved to Black after she commited to make it look good.

I think it would actually make the club look better if more purple players were to commit to top 25 teams, but I don't think that they're smart enough to realize that

Quantity of commits always goes to YJ's hands down but after the top handful of girls, most girls are going to schools that anyone can play at

That comment is so short sighted. You seem to be under the assumption that every girl wants to play D1. The smart girls find a school that has a major that they are interested in, has a reputable school for that department, checks the flexibility of the lax program with it's players to see if they will allow for outside requirements, and ensures they are a good fit with the schedule and coach. There are a ton of crappy D1 programs out there and too many girls are going to them just so they can say they are D1. Many of these programs own these girls and restrict the majors they can declare; hence, that is why 90% of women's lacrosse players at top programs have undeclared majors.

Is that what you want from your daughter? To come out of school having very few employment options other than travel lacrosse coach? At least you can tell everyone that she plays D!, right? Good luck with that. My daughter received multiple D1 offers, but she went with a top D2 program that fit her post-collegiate needs. Does that make her any less of an athlete? Nope. It makes her smarter than most.

This is a realistic look at college lacrosse. Additionally, do most parents know that the $5000 scholarship a top player will get as a freshman (to a $45,000 school) will essentially strip her of the fun/social experience most kids are looking forward to? Getting up at 5:30 every morning to get lifting by 6:00 for 6-7 days a week is not easy. Then class, mandatory study hall and finally practice. Your daughter will be free for about 2 hours a day before she goes to bed. I'm sure you all knew that though, considering your daughter is 12 and you've researched it already. You need to ask your daughter AND yourself if that is really what she's looking for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 too. Seems like a pattern here.

You really are a dope. Good for any kid that wants to get a quality education and play lacrosse, D1,D2,D3. Many kids are listed as undecided as a major because they are 18 years old and really do not know what they want to do with the rest of their lives and when they do decide and declare a major their athletic profile does not get updated.You want to come on here and praise your kid because she is one of the "smart girls" and then knock kids playing D1 makes you look like a jealous [lacrosse].It would be easy to do the same pointing out that the D2 teams are not competitive with most D1 programs athletically and there are a lot more top notch academic schools in D1 than D2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are a dope. Good for any kid that wants to get a quality education and play lacrosse, D1,D2,D3. Many kids are listed as undecided as a major because they are 18 years old and really do not know what they want to do with the rest of their lives and when they do decide and declare a major their athletic profile does not get updated.You want to come on here and praise your kid because she is one of the "smart girls" and then knock kids playing D1 makes you look like a jealous [lacrosse].It would be easy to do the same pointing out that the D2 teams are not competitive with most D1 programs athletically and there are a lot more top notch academic schools in D1 than D2.

You're entitled to your opinion; however, you should do more research. Talk to parents who have been there. I've been through it twice already and many of my friends have as well. It appears that you have made a number of assumptions in your post, as well as in the future for your daughter. When students are juniors/seniors they should have a declared major. Many don't because they are there primarily to play lacrosse. It has nothing to do with updating player profiles and more to do with the restrictive nature of collegiate athletics. That's reality. My point was not about the level of competition, though many D2 and D3 schools are stronger than many of the lower level D1. My point was that parents and daughter are chasing D1 because they think that means something. It means a great deal for football and baseball players who could potentially make a career out of their sport. It mean little for lacrosse players. My point is that girls and ,more importantly, parents, should be thinking about education and career before what lacrosse school they will play for. Otherwise, all of that lacrosse will result in a job at LU or [lacrosse]'s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D2 can be just as competitive (in some cases more competitive) than D1. I think you're missing the point. My daughter narrowed her selection down and met with 6 D1 coaches and 4 D2 coaches. Each offered great opportunities and the schools were very nice. It was the team sleepovers that made the difference- and I encourage every prospective athlete to spend a weekend before you commit, it allows the student to hear opinions on coaches and fell out the dynamic of the school. Ultimately my daughter-not me-decided on an up and coming D2 program. Although other schools offered more money, like another poster said you need to take lax out of the picture and make sure it's a good school where your child is comfortable staying for 4/5 years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're entitled to your opinion; however, you should do more research. Talk to parents who have been there. I've been through it twice already and many of my friends have as well. It appears that you have made a number of assumptions in your post, as well as in the future for your daughter. When students are juniors/seniors they should have a declared major. Many don't because they are there primarily to play lacrosse. It has nothing to do with updating player profiles and more to do with the restrictive nature of collegiate athletics. That's reality. My point was not about the level of competition, though many D2 and D3 schools are stronger than many of the lower level D1. My point was that parents and daughter are chasing D1 because they think that means something. It means a great deal for football and baseball players who could potentially make a career out of their sport. It mean little for lacrosse players. My point is that girls and ,more importantly, parents, should be thinking about education and career before what lacrosse school they will play for. Otherwise, all of that lacrosse will result in a job at LU or [lacrosse]'s.

Again you are just wrong. My daughter does attend a highly ranked D1 school and went in undecided.She is a junior and her declared major is bio as she wants to go onto med school.Her athletic bio reads undeclared and also has her freshman profile picture. Most schools its mandatory for a student to declare a major by junior year so those young women that you are judging to be there just to play lacrosse have in fact declared a major.Is it easy to play a D1 sport and be premed, no its not for everyone.But you aholes who come on this site declaring you know what is best for other peoples children are a joke.D2 excellent academic school with descent lacrosse does not exist if it did its mascot would be a unicorn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey if you want to major in lacrosse than a big time D1 program is for you where its 5-6 hours a day and a major that is suggested by the coach (for most kids). The question will always be what type of balance do you want between lax/school/social. Do you just want to play? Do you want to be the "girl" on a lesser team and play as a freshman or put in crazy hours at Maryland to ride the bench? We balked at the $14k being offered from a $60k school based on our families financials. So now she just plays, is in a soriety has an internship and is enjoying her college experience. Good luck to everyone on their journey it goes really fast!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again you are just wrong. My daughter does attend a highly ranked D1 school and went in undecided.She is a junior and her declared major is bio as she wants to go onto med school.Her athletic bio reads undeclared and also has her freshman profile picture. Most schools its mandatory for a student to declare a major by junior year so those young women that you are judging to be there just to play lacrosse have in fact declared a major.Is it easy to play a D1 sport and be premed, no its not for everyone.But you aholes who come on this site declaring you know what is best for other peoples children are a joke.D2 excellent academic school with descent lacrosse does not exist if it did its mascot would be a unicorn.

Unfortunately, again you're mistaken. Your daughter may or may not be what you claim (I'm leaning toward not), but if she is, then she's the unicorn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen my daughter is in the same situation. It is just another narrative for disgruntled parents to say kids at good lax and academic schools are forced into bad majors. Take your venom elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one that stupid could be the mother of a pre med /bio major .
sounds like a b.s. story

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, again you're mistaken. Your daughter may or may not be what you claim (I'm leaning toward not), but if she is, then she's the unicorn.

Or maybe your kid just could not cut it,I know of multiple kids on UNC, UVA, USC, Penn State and Maryland who are going thru the nursing programs, Premed, engineering etc. Just because you want to set the bar low for your kid is no reason others should do the same. If setting the bar low academically and athletically is a good fit for you and your daughter then that awesome but how about you let the other parents and their kids decide what's best for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one that stupid could be the mother of a pre med /bio major .
sounds like a b.s. story

Agreed. Why some people lie and exaggerate anonymously never made sense to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she knows of multiple kids blah , blah ,blah...its all b.s. and by the way you go on to medical school. not onto...
pure trash

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, you don't know multiple people at those schools. The more you write, the more painfully obvious it is to those who have been through it that you have bought into all that you have been fed for your travel years and that you have done little to no research at all. And, by the way, it's possible to be an engineering major, although difficult, while still playing lacrosse. But the clubs that you listed, along with most other top D1 schools will not allow your daughter to be a pre-med, Kinesiology, nursing, education, etc... major because they require numerous additional hours outside the classroom. So please stop. You truly have no idea what you're talking about. My eldest daughter is in a nursing program. She chose a team at a D3 school over numerous D1 offers because she valued a career over lacrosse-only. You are delusional. So please, keep telling yourself that your girl will be able to get a full ride to UNC, be a doctor, and captain the squad for 4 years. But when you wake up, please bring me a sandwich.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, you don't know multiple people at those schools. The more you write, the more painfully obvious it is to those who have been through it that you have bought into all that you have been fed for your travel years and that you have done little to no research at all. And, by the way, it's possible to be an engineering major, although difficult, while still playing lacrosse. But the clubs that you listed, along with most other top D1 schools will not allow your daughter to be a pre-med, Kinesiology, nursing, education, etc... major because they require numerous additional hours outside the classroom. So please stop. You truly have no idea what you're talking about. My eldest daughter is in a nursing program. She chose a team at a D3 school over numerous D1 offers because she valued a career over lacrosse-only. You are delusional. So please, keep telling yourself that your girl will be able to get a full ride to UNC, be a doctor, and captain the squad for 4 years. But when you wake up, please bring me a sandwich.

Please tell which one of those schools I do not know multiple players at . As has been explained to you my own child plays at a top lax program and has played with many of these young women on her travel team, on school girl teams , on under armor teams , at camps etc. A few examples for you , UVA has a premed player and a nursing student who both attended St. Anthony's , know them well, UNC has a nursing student who graduates this year with her nursing degree who has been a starter for several years . You sound bitter because you realize how pathetic it is that you sold your daughter short. Nursing degree for your daughter is awesome but your bashing of women playing at the d1 level who will receive excellent degrees just because your daughter couldn't hack it is sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spot on, unless you are a freak of a player, nursing or engineering at a top lax school usually isn't tolerated. We lived it. It was D2 for us because the coach wasn't accepting of it at the D1 programs we looked at. So she ended up as one of the better players on a weaker team but taking the major she wanted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spot on, unless you are a freak of a player, nursing or engineering at a top lax school usually isn't tolerated. We lived it. It was D2 for us because the coach wasn't accepting of it at the D1 programs we looked at. So she ended up as one of the better players on a weaker team but taking the major she wanted.

All true. My daughter is notincolkege yet but has commited. When we were going through the process we were on a visit to a top d1 school. They made it very clear if nursing was your choice, then d1 wasn't happening. Due to labs etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All true. My daughter is notincolkege yet but has commited. When we were going through the process we were on a visit to a top d1 school. They made it very clear if nursing was your choice, then d1 wasn't happening. Due to labs etc

Sorry just sounds like the D1 schools several of you went to visit really had no interest in your daughter actually attending. Not sure how you did not realize that when these schools have several of their players in these majors and doing well .When they actually want your daughter what they tell you is any major is possible and it can all be worked out. Yes you may need to take some labs over the summer etc. and it will not always be easy but it can be done .To the dad with the "smart" daughter who took the easy path , good for you , just not good enough for my daughter . It's pathetic that you choose to knock young women who want to be the best at everything they do, there is a player at Maryland , senior captain, 4.0 gpa as premed bio major, 3 year starter , national champion , great young women, happy, but according to you this kid does not exist and never would be allowed to do what she already has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Sorry just sounds like the D1 schools several of you went to visit really had no interest in your daughter actually attending. Not sure how you did not realize that when these schools have several of their players in these majors and doing well .When they actually want your daughter what they tell you is any major is possible and it can all be worked out. Yes you may need to take some labs over the summer etc. and it will not always be easy but it can be done .To the dad with the "smart" daughter who took the easy path , good for you , just not good enough for my daughter . It's pathetic that you choose to knock young women who want to be the best at everything they do, there is a player at Maryland , senior captain, 4.0 gpa as premed bio major, 3 year starter , national champion , great young women, happy, but according to you this kid does not exist and never would be allowed to do what she already has. [/quote]

We have been through it. All I can say is there are different rules for different type players. My daughter was a D1 middle of the pack player and she wasn't given cart blanche by coaches she spoke to. Do you think the Giants would put up with Odell's outbursts if he was the 5th receiver? The answer is no. If your daughter is blessed to be a #1 recruit she will get more leeway, mine was not. Sorry if the facts bother you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous
We have been through it. All I can say is there are different rules for different type players. My daughter was a D1 middle of the pack player and she wasn't given cart blanche by coaches she spoke to. Do you think the Giants would put up with Odell's outbursts if he was the 5th receiver? The answer is no. If your daughter is blessed to be a #1 recruit she will get more leeway, mine was not. Sorry if the facts bother you. [/quote]

This is true. Seen it in 3 different D1 schools in 3 different sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry just sounds like the D1 schools several of you went to visit really had no interest in your daughter actually attending. Not sure how you did not realize that when these schools have several of their players in these majors and doing well .When they actually want your daughter what they tell you is any major is possible and it can all be worked out. Yes you may need to take some labs over the summer etc. and it will not always be easy but it can be done .To the dad with the "smart" daughter who took the easy path , good for you , just not good enough for my daughter . It's pathetic that you choose to knock young women who want to be the best at everything they do, there is a player at Maryland , senior captain, 4.0 gpa as premed bio major, 3 year starter , national champion , great young women, happy, but according to you this kid does not exist and never would be allowed to do what she already has.

Not good enough for your daughter? Or not good enough for you? I'm not bashing kids. I'm saying parents, you being an exemplar, believe everything they hear. That girl you speak of is a bio-sci major and that does not require any additional supplemental activities out of school. Apparently she's also the only senior that has an updated bio though, right? They just did hers and decided that the others didn't need refreshing? 80% of that team is undecided or Letters and Sciences (which means undecided), which is one of my main points. You give one example, I'll give you 25 from that team alone. But, by all means, you do what you need to do. I assume that you put an overabundance of pressure on your daughter. You probably think that you have a great relationship, but she most likely resents you. Go look up Marv Marinovich. You sound a lot like he was. Furthermore, you seem very unhappy. I'm not. I'm proud beyond words. I'm thrilled that my daughter is following her dreams of playing collegiate lacrosse. I'm elated that, with her academic and athletic scholarships, she'll have no student loans (to be clear, not a full ride, but enough that I can handle the rest on my own). I'm over the moon that she'll have a great job when she finishes this journey. Be forewarned, it generally doesn't work out the same for people like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good enough for your daughter? Or not good enough for you? I'm not bashing kids. I'm saying parents, you being an exemplar, believe everything they hear. That girl you speak of is a bio-sci major and that does not require any additional supplemental activities out of school. Apparently she's also the only senior that has an updated bio though, right? They just did hers and decided that the others didn't need refreshing? 80% of that team is undecided or Letters and Sciences (which means undecided), which is one of my main points. You give one example, I'll give you 25 from that team alone. But, by all means, you do what you need to do. I assume that you put an overabundance of pressure on your daughter. You probably think that you have a great relationship, but she most likely resents you. Go look up Marv Marinovich. You sound a lot like he was. Furthermore, you seem very unhappy. I'm not. I'm proud beyond words. I'm thrilled that my daughter is following her dreams of playing collegiate lacrosse. I'm elated that, with her academic and athletic scholarships, she'll have no student loans (to be clear, not a full ride, but enough that I can handle the rest on my own). I'm over the moon that she'll have a great job when she finishes this journey. Be forewarned, it generally doesn't work out the same for people like you.

Go "F" yourself.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
D2 can be just as competitive (in some cases more competitive) than D1. I think you're missing the point. My daughter narrowed her selection down and met with 6 D1 coaches and 4 D2 coaches. Each offered great opportunities and the schools were very nice. It was the team sleepovers that made the difference- and I encourage every prospective athlete to spend a weekend before you commit, it allows the student to hear opinions on coaches and fell out the dynamic of the school. Ultimately my daughter-not me-decided on an up and coming D2 program. Although other schools offered more money, like another poster said you need to take lax out of the picture and make sure it's a good school where your child is comfortable staying for 4/5 years.

I''m of the opinion that D3 has more talent than D2. I watched D3 Hamilton beat eventual D2 champ Florida Southern in Florida.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

I''m of the opinion that D3 has more talent than D2. I watched D3 Hamilton beat eventual D2 champ Florida Southern in Florida.

Overall I agree D3 is much deeper than D2 however the top couple of teams in D2 are really good year after year and could compete against probably two thirds of D1. D3 goes far deeper with some great lax being played with a a nice lax/social/school balance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1, D2 or D3.....all have top, middle and low talent levels and or offer different academic levels. All divisions have plenty to choose from. But who cares what division they'll be in. Kids should ask themselves, "If it were not for lacrosse, would I consider that school?" The only ones that cares what division are crazy parents. I don't post here to change the minds of crazies. They'll always be crazy. I do it for those that are new to the recruiting process. Figure out what school [not team] your daughter is interested in and go to their camp. Be sure to take the time to do a campus tour. Make sure the kid takes the lead. If coaches are interested in your student athlete during or after the camp, parents will have a chance to meet and discuss further.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1, D2 or D3.....all have top, middle and low talent levels and or offer different academic levels. All divisions have plenty to choose from. But who cares what division they'll be in. Kids should ask themselves, "If it were not for lacrosse, would I consider that school?" The only ones that cares what division are crazy parents. I don't post here to change the minds of crazies. They'll always be crazy. I do it for those that are new to the recruiting process. Figure out what school [not team] your daughter is interested in and go to their camp. Be sure to take the time to do a campus tour. Make sure the kid takes the lead. If coaches are interested in your student athlete during or after the camp, parents will have a chance to meet and discuss further.

Sorry, not much academic strength in D2. Just the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since 99% of kids will never have the chance to compete for a national championship because the sport has only had 5 winners over the last 30 years here is the question- If your daughter endures a career ending injury is she at a school she would continue at and is taking the major of her choice? If the answer is YES and YES then you have hit the mother load and haven't settled! Congrats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

So how many times are you going to note this game.......and if that's your sample size then your opinion is nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha....funny.....must be the same guy who says D2 lost a scrimmage game to a D3 and extrapolates that to D3 is better Please provide stats because........only the facts count on BOTC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's "just the facts" according to who or what, because it's definitely not the facts I know. There's plenty of good academic schools in D2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha....funny.....must be the same guy who says D2 lost a scrimmage game to a D3 and extrapolates that to D3 is better Please provide stats because........only the facts count on BOTC

Stats on academics not being as strong in D2 vs D1 and D3? Hmmm ... D1 schools: Harvard Princeton Yale Dartmouth Penn Cornell Brown Columbia Stanford Duke Northwestern Hopkins Notre Dame Vanderbilt Georgetown Davidson Lehigh Bucknell Navy West Point Michigan UVA and many more great academic institutions both public and private. D3 Williams Amherst Tufts Middlebury Bates Hamilton Wesleyan Bowdoin Colorado College Colby Pamona and many more top academic schools.

Now please name for me the top D2 academic schools. There r not many and none that are at the level of schools mentioned above. Facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since 99% of kids will never have the chance to compete for a national championship because the sport has only had 5 winners over the last 30 years here is the question- If your daughter endures a career ending injury is she at a school she would continue at and is taking the major of her choice? If the answer is YES and YES then you have hit the mother load and haven't settled! Congrats

Seems fair to think 8th graders are ready to make this decision LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your child can receive the education he/she DESIRES at what ever institution they choose. The name, rank or athletic division of a school does not guarantee success. You can learn in a library. Going to Hopkins doesn't get you into Med school, your MCAT does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems fair to think 8th graders are ready to make this decision LOL

Exactly why recruiting 8th graders is idiotic. Half of them havent even hit puberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I miss something? Nobody said anything about 8th graders. Let's keep it real folks. Also, it's a waste of time trying to convince the crazies that there are great fits for kids outside the top lax and or top academic schools. Perhaps it's time for a new thread for those that look down their noses at 95% of the schools and teams they deem weak.

Like Reply Quote
Page 277 of 327 1 2 275 276 277 278 279 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard