BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29
Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's aged based. U11 rules were a player had to be born after 6/1/2004. Those are the rules. All of teams were required to submit birth certificates including the Duke's before the tournament. Everyone that competed in the division was born after 6/1/2004 and the Duke's played within the rules.

So it was sorta a U11 age based tournament.
6/1 is not U11 according to USL.
9/1 is U11 according to USL.
So this was a tournament that allowed kids held back to play and anyone else that met the 6/1 date no matter what grade. Better than the grade base tournaments only that allows kids that are heldback to get this advantage and play down while everyone else exact same age takes a hike.

All youth based tournaments should be according to age. It is a true equalizer.

All youth based tournaments should be based on height and weight. It is a true equalizer.

There is no such thing as true equalizer. Football tries to do an age height weight thing. But a consistent pure age range is probably alway best to consider first. Height and weight only could be a farce. Age should always be first factor. A 12 year old at the same height and weight of a 10 year old or a 14 and 16 year old at the same height and weight. Not even close. How about a 6'1" 12 year old and a 6'1" 14 or 16 year old.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the guy who posted the Height/weight option was up late sniffing glue.
Holdbacks are just dads trying to get an edge.
Need USL step up and take control over Sept 1. cutoff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's aged based. U11 rules were a player had to be born after 6/1/2004. Those are the rules. All of teams were required to submit birth certificates including the Duke's before the tournament. Everyone that competed in the division was born after 6/1/2004 and the Duke's played within the rules.

So this was a tournament that allowed kids held back to play and anyone else that met the 6/1 date no matter what grade. Better than the grade base tournaments only that allows kids that are heldback to get this advantage and play down while everyone else exact same age takes a hike.

All youth based tournaments should be based on height and weight. It is a true equalizer.

There is no such thing as true equalizer. Football tries to do an age height weight thing. But a consistent pure age range is probably alway best to consider first. Height and weight only could be a farce. Age should always be first factor. A 12 year old at the same height and weight of a 10 year old or a 14 and 16 year old at the same height and weight. Not even close. How about a 6'1" 12 year old and a 6'1" 14 or 16 year old.

Says the guy with whose kid hit puberty in 4th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like the person said above. Reasonable discussions are constantly harassed by mental midgets like you who still lack any maturity from their own puberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Guys who make the decisions are creating an unfair environment. Its been that way forever. Such as Life. adapt and overcome. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like the person said above. Reasonable discussions are constantly harassed by mental midgets like you who still lack any maturity from their own puberty.

True fairness would be age based but in 6 months intervals. 12 months is way too unfair for the kids born at the end of the year. It is unsafe as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, hit it around 7th, but was fortunate enough to play HS, yes varsity in 8th grade, scoring points in season and playoffs and not just 1 in a blowout.

I consistently see kids in years below him who are a year to a year and a half younger taking spots they don't deserve, but, get it because they are 15 going seen against 13 year olds.

Mine was 13 going against 18. Bring back old school pride in playing up to show what you gotta not, Not masquarading talent by the farce of playing down.

Recently saw a 2021 kid 2 days older than he is and another 2 months older.

Things only become a norm if you let it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One question that hasn't been asked or answered. To qualify you have to win a tournament and since the 22's and 23's didn't play together in that event how are they eligible to play in he TOC? Seems pretty [lacrosse] for a kid to be on the team that won the an event for his program to qualify and than lose his spot to a kid a grade ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One question that hasn't been asked or answered. To qualify you have to win a tournament and since the 22's and 23's didn't play together in that event how are they eligible to play in he TOC? Seems pretty [lacrosse] for a kid to be on the team that won the an event for his program to qualify and than lose his spot to a kid a grade ahead.

This is a good question...why have qualifying events if you can take a completely different team to the actual tournament?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question? my kid was born in Sept.He was not held back, Because I don't believe in that. Obviously, the team he plays on is his Grad. year.... So he is playing for and against teams that have for the most part kids that are a year older then him. When an age based tournament is going on, what should you do? Do you let your club coach/and or club director know that he fits the age requirement of the younger team below.Is there some kind of tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would enter him in as many times as possible. Very rare you have an opportunity for him to be the oldest on the field. You know he can compete with kids that are almost 100% older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get back to the talk of World Series of Youth Lacrosse (WSYL) and not this other non sense [lacrosse]'s garbage .
Who is going to qualifier whoever comes out of north must be the favorite..... Express, 9d1, maybe igloo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express's best pl layers do not qualify for this event. They will go to qualifiers but will not go to denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express's best pl layers do not qualify for this event. They will go to qualifiers but will not go to denver.

The qualifier has the same rules as WSYL in Denver, so those kids would not be eligible to play in any of the events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully all clubs will bring an age based team over a grade based team to compete. No excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express parent we have been told once we qulify be prepared to go to Denver

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you'll be going without the Manhasset kids then, lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah we are going

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would enter him in as many times as possible. Very rare you have an opportunity for him to be the oldest on the field. You know he can compete with kids that are almost 100% older.

Sorry to sound naive, but who do I enter him with? And how do you go about doing that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout for a legit travel club that can compete at that level.
Make sure you let the evaluators now how old he is and that you would like him to compete for a chance to go to Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Body by cake is sponsoring a team from Jupiter so it is an intergalactic championship. Those martian players are mostly from Jupiter, Florida.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Body by cake is sponsoring a team from Jupiter so it is an intergalactic championship. Those martian players are mostly from Jupiter, Florida.

Wasn't that called team Israel last year? Maybe this year they should sponsee team Palestine, might fare better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah we are going

Not if it is aged based.The whole town is held back regardless of what month the kids were born in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth that team 9d1 has a player to playing for there NY team going to the WSYL who lives down south (NC or VA) which is more than 100 miles from home field. I think according too the rules on WSYL website that would be CHEATING and boy would they look foolish. SILLY 9d1 ...... let me guess he is renting a house in the Hamptons for the summer ........BUNCH OF CHEATERS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie from north carolina

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will he be playing with team in Qualifier ? If they do that they a going to get a bunch of crap thats pretty sad.... BUNCH OF CHEATERS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth that team 9d1 has a player to playing for there NY team going to the WSYL who lives down south (NC or VA) which is more than 100 miles from home field. I think according too the rules on WSYL website that would be CHEATING and boy would they look foolish. SILLY 9d1 ...... let me guess he is renting a house in the Hamptons for the summer ........BUNCH OF CHEATERS

Igloo tried that last year, but ended up not being able to use the player because it would have been cheating. So, I highly doubt they would get away with it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see what happens but the kid definitely is from NC and plays with them.

If that is the case Dukes Nationals should enter their team as well. They have players from Canada, Six Nations and all up and down the east coast. If I were them I would make a case to play. Trust me everyone is cheating or trying to cheat. Too much money to go only to be cheated on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is the case Dukes Nationals should enter their team as well. They have players from Canada, Six Nations and all up and down the east coast. If I were them I would make a case to play. Trust me everyone is cheating or trying to cheat. Too much money to go only to be cheated on

The event is set up for teams to cheat. It says you have to play 2 tournaments or leagues together as a team. So are the 23's supposed to play up with the age eligible 22's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The event is set up for teams to cheat. It says you have to play 2 tournaments or leagues together as a team. So are the 23's supposed to play up with the age eligible 22's?

The event is not made for teams to cheat. The age system is to avoid the cheating we see in other tournaments. All the kids that are the correct age, regardless of graduation year, need to play together for two tournaments. Is it really that hard to figure out.

If people are violating the 100 mile rule, that's a different story. Haven't seen anyone complaining about that for the prior two years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Money Grab. It's Disneyland for lax bros. Have fun but don't expect more than a game or two of real competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age based Team vs a Grade based team. All major clubs should put an aged based team together for Denver. Promote the sport and give the kids something to strive for. As for Cheating:
If your not cheating your not trying...... Right??? and your only cheating if you get caught? Right??
Good Luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of liberal protesters on this blog...no cheating has occurred as the qualification games haven't even been scheduled as of yet and rosters not submitted for verification. What a crazy bunch of conspiracy theorist on this page. I'm out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The event is not made for teams to cheat. The age system is to avoid the cheating we see in other tournaments. All the kids that are the correct age, regardless of graduation year, need to play together for two tournaments. Is it really that hard to figure out.

If people are violating the 100 mile rule, that's a different story. Haven't seen anyone complaining about that for the prior two years.

They change the eligibility every year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too much of an investment to have a team cheating. This is why everything just needs to be age based and not grade based.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's good point as far as youth goes. Works well in Hockey and baseball. However you really cannot call it cheating because it is within the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's good point as far as youth goes. Works well in Hockey and baseball. However you really cannot call it cheating because it is within the rules.

The ones who's kids aren't involved will say its cheating anyway, Grade based, CHEATING! Age based, CHEATING!

Cheating is why my Johnnie doesn't always win!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very quiet!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are GOING to north qualifier?

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard