BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 38 of 220 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you shannon for not choosing my daughter. With parents like this , she's better off where she was

If she wasn't chosen for a team, obviously she is better off where she is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you shannon for not choosing my daughter. With parents like this , she's better off where she was

Yeah right....if you thought that you wouldn't be here, watching this thread. Maybe next year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

most of these posts are not from TG parents...it's mostly people with nothing better to do, looking to stir up trouble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the delay with posting the rosters?

The Rosters are posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does a girl that went through major knee surgery, hasn't played in a year, and did not take the field during try outs make it onto a black team? If that is not the antithesis of favoritism and totally unfair I don't know what is. shame on you Shannon for allowing that to happen under your name. Totally unfair to the girls that tried out and gave there all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How does a girl that went through major knee surgery, hasn't played in a year, and did not take the field during try outs make it onto a black team? If that is not the antithesis of favoritism and totally unfair I don't know what is. shame on you Shannon for allowing that to happen under your name. Totally unfair to the girls that tried out and gave there all.
If the player was a black team player before the injury, exactly where could the player be placed now? One additional player in these cases does not cost anyone a placing if they themselves were qualified.

Think of it this way : on a 22 player roster, if your daughter missed the black team and you are saying it was due to a returning player off an injury, doesn't that mean your daughter would have been the very last choice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go! Let the crying begin! Remember everyone - take any comments with a grain of salt...now that the rosters are posted, there will be all kinds of ranting and raving, accusing, etc...good luck to all the girls, with whatever team they ended up on. Hopefully, they all have fun, become better lacrosse players, and build some great friendships - regardless of what the crazy parents say and do! Good luck everyone! (PS-my daughter is on purple, and we're happy to have her there)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
If the player was a black team player before the injury, exactly where could the player be placed now? One additional player in these cases does not cost anyone a placing if they themselves were qualified.

Think of it this way : on a 22 player roster, if your daughter missed the black team and you are saying it was due to a returning player off an injury, doesn't that mean your daughter would have been the very last choice?

Great point. And, if so, she'd probably be better off being a top player on purple. More touches, playing time, etc. If she works to be the best player on purple, she'll probably move up next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Theres always 91 tryout this weekend !!
Hear they have a northwestern girl running program and there whole itinerary in girls program looks to be on the rise for better! My daughter actually declined TG purple and we are heading over to a few more tryouts this weekend.. For each his/her own ..The Drama life between YJ and TG has alot of people not wanting to goto either of the two program .
And yes a few bad apples does ruin the bunch !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hear they have a northwestern girl running program and there whole itinerary in girls program looks to be on the rise for better! My daughter actually declined TG purple and we are heading over to a few more tryouts this weekend.. For each his/her own ..The Drama life between YJ and TG has alot of people not wanting to goto either of the two program .

How does a girl that went through major knee surgery, hasn't played in a year, and did not take the field during try outs make it onto a black team? If that is not the antithesis of favoritism and totally unfair I don't know what is. shame on you Shannon for allowing that to happen under your name. Totally unfair to the girls that tried out and gave

91 is not going anywhere fast

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

How does a girl that went through major knee surgery, hasn't played in a year, and did not take the field during try outs make it onto a black team? If that is not the antithesis of favoritism and totally unfair I don't know what is. shame on you Shannon for allowing that to happen under your name. Totally unfair to the girls that tried out and gave

I'm not a 91 fan, however they do claim to be working on the girls' side by hiring a woman to oversee just the girls' side, which for my two cents is what they needed from the outset. That does seem to be a step in the right direction, but given their track record I think I'd wait a year to see if it all plays out favorably, if this woman is given enough "whatever" to fully support and grow the girls' side or if she's just a figurehead to soothe the disgruntled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you're right. we considered 91, but they'll alwayws be 2nd fiddle to the boys program, and they're at least a few years away from being a strong program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the delay with posting the rosters?

The Rosters are posted.

After looking at the rosters, anyone know how much turnover there was on the black teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at 2018
3 of 2018 Black last year went to purple and they selected 5 new girls-who knows where they are from but they can't be too bad to make black. The rest of Black is the same.

For 2018 purple, 11 stayed on purple, 3 moved to purple from black, and 10 new girls were selected. Two girls also moved from purple to white and 4 girls did not come back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at 2018
3 of 2018 Black last year went to purple and they selected 5 new girls-who knows where they are from but they can't be too bad to make black. The rest of Black is the same.

For 2018 purple, 11 stayed on purple, 3 moved to purple from black, and 10 new girls were selected. Two girls also moved from purple to white and 4 girls did not come back.

Wow, that's good info! Anyone have that kind of breakdown on 2017?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the 2020 black roster! I only know a few of the girls but I'm sure it's going to be a good team! So congrats to all the girls and we are looking forward to a great season! smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has stepped in right direction and will go somewhere gradually as far as second priority to boys , remember the money backing is there , and they will do whatever this year with the staff they obtained to turn it around !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like 6 new girls on 2017 black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because she has played in the past and is a known quantity. Your saying Tom Brady should have been made into a backup QB after he sat out for a year? You kidding, they couldn't wait to get him back. Same thing. Sour grapes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Of course it cost a girl a roster spot, even if she was the last girl to make the team she deserves the shot to prove herself. And no sage she didn't play last year in any capacity on any team. She should have been put on purple until SHE can prove that she can play at that level after taking a full year off. The girl that now is on purple, wether the last girl chosen or not got robbed and deserves the shot. But being from E.I. has it's advantages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, thanks. Anyone familiar with the breakdown of 2017 purple? I know at least a few girls moved from black to purple...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the 2020 black roster! I only know a few of the girls but I'm sure it's going to be a good team! So congrats to all the girls and we are looking forward to a great season! smile

The first year teams at TG seems to attract better and better players each year, it is very competitive and getting much harder to break into on black and even on purple. The club is without a doubt building a very strong base with the quality of the younger teams. The days of starting young to get a foot in the door are now gone with this club. Good luck to all the girls who made it. To all the other girls, keep working hard and have another crack at it next year and good luck to you wherever you decide to play this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The first year teams at TG seems to attract better and better players each year, it is very competitive and getting much harder to break into on black and even on purple. The club is without a doubt building a very strong base with the quality of the younger teams. The days of starting young to get a foot in the door are now gone with this club. Good luck to all the girls who made it. To all the other girls, keep working hard and have another crack at it next year and good luck to you wherever you decide to play this year.

Give me a break ,you really need a reality check.The first year kids are 8 9 10 years old ,you have no idea what type of player they will develop into.Every club is getting better kids trying out young because kids are staring earlier and the sport is growing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me a break ,you really need a reality check.The first year kids are 8 9 10 years old ,you have no idea what type of player they will develop into.Every club is getting better kids trying out young because kids are staring earlier and the sport is growing.

My experience is you can easily spot talent at this age. Will puberty spring a few kids? yeah, will other athletic kids start later and rise straight to the top? Yes. But I have seen this with all my kids in all the sports they play and it repeats itself over and over with only a few kids as exceptions, so yes you can definitaly spot athelets and talent at this age. Most either have "it" or not. "It" canot be taught or trained, it is inside the kid. If your daughter has been playing on average as long as others her age and your waiting for her to develope into that high level standout, you very well may be dissappointed, but it does happen in a blue moon, good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My experience is you can easily spot talent at this age. Will puberty spring a few kids? yeah, will other athletic kids start later and rise straight to the top? Yes. But I have seen this with all my kids in all the sports they play and it repeats itself over and over with only a few kids as exceptions, so yes you can definitaly spot athelets and talent at this age. Most either have "it" or not. "It" canot be taught or trained, it is inside the kid. If your daughter has been playing on average as long as others her age and your waiting for her to develope into that high level standout, you very well may be dissappointed, but it does happen in a blue moon, good luck.

What a complete tool. Any parent who has any lacrosse knowledge or a descent coach can take a kid who is average athletically and make them into one of the better players in this age group.Over half the kids that make the black team will not be on that team by the time they are in 9 grade.The team a year older has kids who are more athletic and were more advanced at the same age, matter of fact the best 2020 player is on the 2019 probably because the coaches realize that younger group needs a lot of work and she would have no one of equal ability.My experience is that blow hards like you usually have no idea what they are talking about and their kids either burn out or are average at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably a stupid question I am sure, what are the numbers before the kids' names? Are they numbers they wore during tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Probably a stupid question I am sure, what are the numbers before the kids' names? Are they numbers they wore during tryouts?

Those are their jersey numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black half the team is Three Village .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a summar of 2017, with 15 new players:
Purple - 11 returning, 4 moved from black, 9 new
Black - 18 returning, 1 moved from purple, 6 new

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just saw the roster, looks like there will be an abundance of Islip egos on that field next year! My daughter is on a "Suffolk" team and knows many of them well- bring earplugs to the sidelines folks because lots of daddys will be complaining even more than they did last year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Randomly assigned? Not that it matters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look like TG is into the money adding new 2018 team taking all players that try out

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I think they were alphabetically assigned as each team initially formed then later additions received higher numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a summar of 2017, with 15 new players:
Purple - 11 returning, 4 moved from black, 9 new
Black - 18 returning, 1 moved from purple, 6 new

26 on the roster does not make this parent happy. It was difficult last year with a smaller team getting playing time. Big question is who will be forced to play defense, hope it's not my kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a complete tool. Any parent who has any lacrosse knowledge or a descent coach can take a kid who is average athletically and make them into one of the better players in this age group.Over half the kids that make the black team will not be on that team by the time they are in 9 grade.The team a year older has kids who are more athletic and were more advanced at the same age, matter of fact the best 2020 player is on the 2019 probably because the coaches realize that younger group needs a lot of work and she would have no one of equal ability.My experience is that blow hards like you usually have no idea what they are talking about and their kids either burn out or are average at best.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about! The kid is staying on 2019 becasue of her birthdate and her daddy - no other reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My experience is you can easily spot talent at this age. Will puberty spring a few kids? yeah, will other athletic kids start later and rise straight to the top? Yes. But I have seen this with all my kids in all the sports they play and it repeats itself over and over with only a few kids as exceptions, so yes you can definitaly spot athelets and talent at this age. Most either have "it" or not. "It" canot be taYught or trained, it is inside the kid. If your daughter has been playing on average as long as others her age and your waiting for her to develope into that high level standout, you very well may be dissappointed, but it does happen in a blue moon, good luck.

Come on - is it really necessary to rip this team apart before they have even had a chance to play together? Many of these kids are young and this is their first time playing travel lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they not take uniform # requests from the girls? If so, that's a little strange, but a minor detail...anybody know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look like TG is into the money adding new 2018 team taking all players that try out

there were over 100 girls at the tryout, so they still cut about 25, who will probably go play for YJ red, or green. and there's nothing wrong with that. it's nice that they'll have somewhere to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn't take all players at tryouts. About 70 roster spots were filled for 2018 out of one hundred and someteen at try outs. I know many girls who were not even initially offered a spot on any team. I am sure eventually everyone had a shot as the white roster still has room. Obvious reason is many players looking to get on black and walked when they didn't make it. A third team at each age group seems to be a money making model, I'm sure eventually all age groups will see this happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there are maybe 8 girls from Three Village...I do not really know what your point is concerning this fact. The 2018 Black team only lost (2) games, both in a 25 minute game scenario. They were a very good team this past season. It looks like they have added a few girls to that already existing group...sounds reasonable to me. At the same time the purple team seems to have gotten stronger on paper and next season will hopefully prove that...good luck to all

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 220 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard