BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just don't get what these people are trying to do with their kids. My son is an Oct birthday, and he is playing with his grade. I would never hold him back just to make him one of the older kids instead of the younger ones. He is one of the better kids in his grade, and he would be a beast in the grade below. But he wouldn't get anywhere, and when he goes to play the older kids in HS, he would be lost. I have seen it happen many times where kids get held back and are studs, and then don't even start in HS.

Same thing happens in college with 8th grade double hold backs. Many don't pan out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who is headed to qualifiers ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the question is if your son is born after the cutoff, but is playing 2021, would you want him to go?

Ask Leg - a - Sea. Lots of kids on Last Summers champ team who are in High school right now.

Break the stigma, it is an age based tournament, like Little League. Your playing the right bucket. Older kids get he benefit of not having to be as good, just older (just like life and those 1st qtr babies). Younger kids show they can handle themselves against older kids much respect to those.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9d1 goalie is not from Long Island???

He is from LI. And in NY, school cutoff is 12/1.

Dukes National had a goalie from NC last year that could play. Would 9+1 really cheat to that extreme.

9D1 MD has a player from Texas.

91 MD will not go or if they do it will not be the same team. Kids are too old. 91 LI and the other LI teams will go and have their whole team there. They can even bring some of their 2021 kids that qualify. Igloo is doing that.

I see people coming on here excited about their 22/23 team. Li will be bringing a 22/21 team. I would like to see another region win but unfortunately, it is not going to happen. LI will keep winning but I hope I am wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes National had a goalie from NC last year that could play. Would 9+1 really cheat to that extreme.

91 MD will not go or if they do it will not be the same team. Kids are too old. 91 LI and the other LI teams will go and have their whole team there. They can even bring some of their 2021 kids that qualify. Igloo is doing that.

I see people coming on here excited about their 22/23 team. Li will be bringing a 22/21 team. I would like to see another region win but unfortunately, it is not going to happen. LI will keep winning but I hope I am wrong.

My son's MD 2022 team will be there becuase 90% of the team qualifies.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGE IS AGE. Sure the DOB break is subjective but it is still age on age. bring your right aged kids and see who is best. To me nothing wrong with playing on two teams actually i like the idea of creating an "All-Star" team from a region to see who is best. because arnt these team tryign to be allstar teams anyway. Isnt that what little league does. these teams are all star teams from each region... not little johnnies team he started on in March.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have four goalies, 3 from LI & 1 from Virginia.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's MD 2022 team will be there becuase 90% of the team qualifies.

So how are these 21 kids going to play two tournaments prior to the event which the rules say they must?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eligibility Rules - United States Teams
All players must be born on or after 9/1/2003. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.
***All players must compete with their team or program on a regular basis. Minimum requirements are that players must compete with their team/program for at least two tournaments (outside of a WSYL event), or in a seasonal league. These events do not need to precede the qualifier but must precede the Championship event. WSYL reserves the right to require proof of participation in these tournaments or leagues.
*Key word is OR*

Players cannot be added only to participate in the World Series.
All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field of their program. Players will be required to submit a report card, school identification card, or comparable proof of residency.
No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
All teams must carry between 18-23 field players and a minimum of 2 goalies at all times. Both goalies do not have to physically participate in the Regional Qualifier, but both need to regularly play within your club or organization and will be held to the same roster eligibility standards as other players. Total roster size can not exceed 25 players.
The only permitted roster modification after submission of the final roster will be the replacement of an injured goalie with another goalie pending a written request and WSYL approval.
Copies of birth certificates, proof of residency (report card from '16/'17 academic year & valid parent Driver's License), verification of health insurance accepted in the United States, and waiver forms, are all due:
West/Central Regional Qualifier: January 13, 2017
North/East/South Regional Qualifier: March 3, 2017
Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated, forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team.
Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All players must be born on or after 9/1/2003. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.
***All players must compete with their team or program on a regular basis. Minimum requirements are that players must compete with their team/program for at least two tournaments (outside of a WSYL event), or in a seasonal league. These events do not need to precede the qualifier but must precede the Championship event. WSYL reserves the right to require proof of participation in these tournaments or leagues.
*Key word is OR*

All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field of their program. Players will be required to submit a report card, school identification card, or comparable proof of residency.
No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
All teams must carry between 18-23 field players and a minimum of 2 goalies at all times. Both goalies do not have to physically participate in the Regional Qualifier, but both need to regularly play within your club or organization and will be held to the same roster eligibility standards as other players. Total roster size can not exceed 25 players.
The only permitted roster modification after submission of the final roster will be the replacement of an injured goalie with another goalie pending a written request and WSYL approval.
Copies of birth certificates, proof of residency (report card from '16/'17 academic year & valid parent Driver's License), verification of health insurance accepted in the United States, and waiver forms, are all due:
Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated, forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team.
Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs.

While I agree with making it age based at a reasonable date that aligns with schools. The players born between May 1 2003 and Aug 31 2003 got screwed. They would have been the youngest kids last year and are out this year. Oh well..at sometime the grade based garbage had to stop. They just happen to be the sacrificial lambs!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*Key word is OR*

While I agree with making it age based at a reasonable date that aligns with schools. The players born between May 1 2003 and Aug 31 2003 got screwed. They would have been the youngest kids last year and are out this year. Oh well..at sometime the grade based garbage had to stop. They just happen to be the sacrificial lambs!

The only sacrifice is the $ people will put out for this B level tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says all the people who's kid can't go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*Key word is OR*

True, a lot of hype for a nothing special event that features generally weak competition. Don't get it? May as well go to laxfest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*Key word is OR*

True, a lot of hype for a nothing special event that features generally weak competition. Don't get it? May as well go to laxfest

WSYL is a fun, very competitive fair tournament. Should they rotate cities? Absolutely.

BUT...Never do laxfest again with those crooks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*Key word is OR*

WSYL is a fun, very competitive fair tournament. Should they rotate cities? Absolutely.

BUT...Never do laxfest again with those crooks.

Very competitive? How many games were decided by teams winning by 6+ goals? Way too many weak teams allowed in this tourney to be called competitive.

To win the tourney by playing only 1 or 2 competitive teams ( which live 10 miles from home) is not a good tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched Dukes Nationals 23 team play at NXT in the fall and either the Dicks TOC is a complete joke or they added 10 new kids. Not saying there were a bad team but I think Brotherly Love shut them out and they might have scorwd 3-4 goals against a not so great Looneys team. They go to Fl and are now scoring 10-15 goals a game? There 22 team at NXT looked strong yet they have lost 3 or 4 games down there...maybe something fishy going on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched Dukes Nationals 23 team play at NXT in the fall and either the Dicks TOC is a complete joke or they added 10 new kids. Not saying there were a bad team but I think Brotherly Love shut them out and they might have scorwd 3-4 goals against a not so great Looneys team. They go to Fl and are now scoring 10-15 goals a game? There 22 team at NXT looked strong yet they have lost 3 or 4 games down there...maybe something fishy going on?

Nothing fishy. The Dukes team is very open that they will use players from other clubs that want to pay to be on the Dukes team for different tournaments.

If the kid does not have a conflict with his real club, he will play for the Dukes.

Every tournament will have a different line up depending on the conflicts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing fishy. The Dukes team is very open that they will use players from other clubs that want to pay to be on the Dukes team for different tournaments.

If the kid does not have a conflict with his real club, he will play for the Dukes.

Is that a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think a pick up roster can beat a Team
They can compete but ultimately I think the team will prevail more often than not
Seems like an expensive pick up team for pre teens when you factor in traveling costs but who am I to say how you spend your money

quote=Anonymous]

[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it me or does have 2022 kids playing u11 seem ridiculous? U11 is for 4th and 5th graders not 7th...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it me or does have 2022 kids playing u11 seem ridiculous? U11 is for 4th and 5th graders not 7th...

U11 is not for any grade, it is an age grouping. The grade of a kid will not matter. Although a U11 kid who is already in seventh grade is probably pretty smart. The problem is the U14 player in sixth grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you talking about a particular team here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somewhere I read the 2 best Dukes kids were 22's..including the fogo that won at a 75% clip.
A U11 cut off date that could include any 7th grader isn't really a i11 event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somewhere I read the 2 best Dukes kids were 22's..including the fogo that won at a 75% clip.

So, Bandit dad Coach must of been freaking out about that! He thinks his kid is great, surprise!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes 2022 played in U13!-get it straight before you open Pandora's box

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jerks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, Bandit dad Coach must of been freaking out about that! He thinks his kid is great,
surprise!

Bandits are 2023 and as much as we all like to fire away on 90+1 that kid is best faceoff on that grade level by far Dukes had all legal 2022 players play on U11 which was 15 players so some 2022 played u11 and some U13

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, Bandit dad Coach must of been freaking out about that! He thinks his kid is great,
surprise!

Bandits are 2023 and as much as we all like to fire away on 90+1 that kid is best faceoff on that grade level by far Dukes had all legal 2022 players play on U11 which was 15 players so some 2022 played u11 and some U13

It's an ages based tournament, nothing could be more fair, love the excuses! As we know, age and grade are interchangeable in lax. A 22 today can be a 23 tomorrow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are from LI and our son played on Dukes yes there were a majority of,2022 kids that played in Florida 6 from LI alone. but all were legal U11 formTHIS tournament every tourn,eat we attend the roster is different so there is not a set Dukes roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

surprise!

Was the Dukes kid the same kid 9/1 used at NXT Cup in the finals or is he a '22?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for dicks, its 5/6th grade Bandits are all 6th grade. U11 is when they qualified.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

surprise!

Was the Dukes kid the same kid 9/1 used at NXT Cup in the finals or is he a '22?

WHY DO YOU CARE???!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 1 person says the kids on Dukes 22 team played at U13 and than another said at least 6 2022 kids played at U11...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Different guy. I know who it was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's aged based. U11 rules were a player had to be born after 6/1/2004. Those are the rules. All of teams were required to submit birth certificates including the Duke's before the tournament. Everyone that competed in the division was born after 6/1/2004 and the Duke's played within the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does any of this have to do with WSYL go back to your own thread silly old men

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's aged based. U11 rules were a player had to be born after 6/1/2004. Those are the rules. All of teams were required to submit birth certificates including the Duke's before the tournament. Everyone that competed in the division was born after 6/1/2004 and the Duke's played within the rules.

So it was sorta a U11 age based tournament.
6/1 is not U11 according to USL.
9/1 is U11 according to USL.
So this was a tournament that allowed kids held back to play and anyone else that met the 6/1 date no matter what grade. Better than the grade base tournaments only that allows kids that are heldback to get this advantage and play down while everyone else exact same age takes a hike.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So this was a tournament that allowed kids held back to play and anyone else that met the 6/1 date no matter what grade. Better than the grade base tournaments only that allows kids that are heldback to get this advantage and play down while everyone else exact same age takes a hike.

All youth based tournaments should be according to age. It is a true equalizer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All youth based tournaments should be based on height and weight. It is a true equalizer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All youth based tournaments should be based on height and weight. It is a true equalizer.

Your the guy that takes a good discussion and ruins it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard