BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 214 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is nobody talking about the IL indoor event on the weekend of the 9th. The top 32 teams as ranked by IL squaring off in what is the closest thing to a girls national championship as we have ever seen. Am I the only one that thinks this. Old develop into something big.
Nice tournament and good idea, but clearly not a national championship. It is indoor and not all top teams are playing (see Summit, Ridgewood, others). Still a good idea.

The best team in the country will be there(McDonogh). That's the team everyone should want to play just to see where you stack up. Yes 7 on 7 isn't like a real game but it will be fun none the less.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is nobody talking about the IL indoor event on the weekend of the 9th. The top 32 teams as ranked by IL squaring off in what is the closest thing to a girls national championship as we have ever seen. Am I the only one that thinks this. Old develop into something big.
Nice tournament and good idea, but clearly not a national championship. It is indoor and not all top teams are playing (see Summit, Ridgewood, others). Still a good idea.

The best team in the country will be there(McDonogh). That's the team everyone should want to play just to see where you stack up. Yes 7 on 7 isn't like a real game but it will be fun none the less.

Lots of great teams and many, many talented young ladies. It's still indoor, 7 v 7, no draw lacrosse, but I am looking forward to watching the girls play. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, serious? because Jersey teams arent there? They took the final rankings from the 2016 season and invited all those teams to bring there best players to a tournament close to Jersey. If the schools, coaches or players decided not to attend thats a forfeit of there ranking spot. It seems to me the organizers allowed those teams that gave up, or couldn't find enough commited players to then take players from other schools to fill in rosters. And lets be frank about this, it's not like the N.J. teams are really going to beat the likes of Mc Donogh, Manhasset, or Garden City. Walton (Ga.) St Anthony's (NY) and Westwood (Mass) are also no going but that is on each school so because your region doesn't send a team doesn't make it "not real" the only thing "not real" is your reigons commitment to finding out who is the best. I mean look at Mass. elite complaining how they should be considered top 5 club but not sending there only top ranked team to this event to prove it. And Mass parents , don't complain about the distance, Novato California is sending a team. Most of the top H.S. teams are sending teams if yours isn't you don't get to complain you should have sent a team. This silly sentament that its only 7v7 is also ridicules wether you put your best 12 or best 7 on the field makes little difference you still play your best so in the end it my best against your best. These girls are top athletes and will play to win, this should be fun
really dope? you really know your stuff. Summit finished #4 in final IL rankings last season and went 24-1 with their one loss to St.. Stephens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, serious? because Jersey teams arent there? They took the final rankings from the 2016 season and invited all those teams to bring there best players to a tournament close to Jersey. If the schools, coaches or players decided not to attend thats a forfeit of there ranking spot. It seems to me the organizers allowed those teams that gave up, or couldn't find enough commited players to then take players from other schools to fill in rosters. And lets be frank about this, it's not like the N.J. teams are really going to beat the likes of Mc Donogh, Manhasset, or Garden City. Walton (Ga.) St Anthony's (NY) and Westwood (Mass) are also no going but that is on each school so because your region doesn't send a team doesn't make it "not real" the only thing "not real" is your reigons commitment to finding out who is the best. I mean look at Mass. elite complaining how they should be considered top 5 club but not sending there only top ranked team to this event to prove it. And Mass parents , don't complain about the distance, Novato California is sending a team. Most of the top H.S. teams are sending teams if yours isn't you don't get to complain you should have sent a team. This silly sentament that its only 7v7 is also ridicules wether you put your best 12 or best 7 on the field makes little difference you still play your best so in the end it my best against your best. These girls are top athletes and will play to win, this should be fun
and last time I check (look at laxpower dope) Summit beat the two LI teams they played last year - Eastport South-Manor and Smithtown West. I know, I know no NJs teams can play with anybody on LI according to you. Again, nice tournament but no indoor 7-7 has anything to do with a national championship. Just in your crazy parent eyes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the parent whose kid probably plays for yj.
Not only am I NOT a Y.J. parent, I don't even have a daughter attending the event. I just think it will put the truly best H.S. teams in one tournament. I personally don't see why you would even bring up the Yellow Jackets. First N.P. isn't invited, second C.R. has no vested interest in this event, and lastly one of the main competitors is Manhasset/ liberty a team she hates (and where my daughter plays) so whats your point with that? I state again just because your coaches/ school didn't have the foresight to send a team does not delegitimize the event, it just means your out this year and you have to deal with that. Personally I hope the event is a huge success, and that next year it happens either very late in the spring so that the seniors of that year can play, or late in the summer so that it csn happen on full fields. either way it comes down to the best players on the best teams playing against each other

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and last time I check (look at laxpower dope) Summit beat the two LI teams they played last year - Eastport South-Manor and Smithtown West. I know, I know no NJs teams can play with anybody on LI according to you. Again, nice tournament but no indoor 7-7 has anything to do with a national championship. Just in your crazy parent eyes.
Lets be real about this, you jersey people are boasting about 2 wins but fail to mention that they lost to st. stephens who will be attending, but those are the only 3 games your top teams played all year outside of N.J. and its not like you beat either team handily you beat E.S.M. by 1 and smith west by 4. just for the record G.C. beat E.S.M. by 4 and Darien (#8) by 8. You Jersyites can call me a dope all you want, and some of your teams seem to be competitive, but until either you H.S. teams start playing a more competitive out of state schedule where they are beating top teams frequently, or at least put together a club team that is competitive with L.I and MD. we will never really know. Either way for you to try to delegitimize any event because YOU did not send your top team makes you the dope. Lets be honest until someone beats Mcdonogh they are the best, but what we know for sure is that it will not be a team from NJ this year. Send a team or shut up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a complete joke. You act like Liberty is one of the top teams. Stop embarrassing yourself. I guess you daughter couldn't make YJs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Westwood doesn't have a coach and will is not the top team this year. And the mass people are arguing that the 2019s and the 2020s are top teams in their age group which is accurate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the parent whose kid probably plays for yj.
Not only am I NOT a Y.J. parent, I don't even have a daughter attending the event. I just think it will put the truly best H.S. teams in one tournament. I personally don't see why you would even bring up the Yellow Jackets. First N.P. isn't invited, second C.R. has no vested interest in this event, and lastly one of the main competitors is Manhasset/ liberty a team she hates (and where my daughter plays) so whats your point with that? I state again just because your coaches/ school didn't have the foresight to send a team does not delegitimize the event, it just means your out this year and you have to deal with that. Personally I hope the event is a huge success, and that next year it happens either very late in the spring so that the seniors of that year can play, or late in the summer so that it csn happen on full fields. either way it comes down to the best players on the best teams playing against each other

Okay, no worries mate. But, you have to admit that winning a meaningless 7v7 indoor "national championship" is something that would be important to a typical yj parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What' name is McDonough playing under?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a complete joke. You act like Liberty is one of the top teams. Stop embarrassing yourself. I guess you daughter couldn't make YJs.
ok lets get this straight, I never said Liberty was a top team, nor do I think they are the top club. but since you stuck your head up I will tell you what I do think. I think Manhasset has turned into one of the perennial high school powerhouses coached by one of the best coaches in the business, Northport not so much, Carol Rose is excellent at spotting talent that other people cultivate, but can cultivate none of her own. Every now and then an exceptional player happens to develop within N.P. despite Carol Rose. Though I think she is a painfully average coach, she is an exceptional business woman. She has all of you Yellow Jacket parents duped into thinking that somehow without her your daughter will not be recruited, when in reality if you were smart enough to think beyond your own need to better than the Jonses, you would be knocking down D.G's door for your daughter to be taught by the best coach. So, though you may get to say that your daughter plays for the best club on the 3rd, 4th, or 5th team, coached by a parent that never played the game while Carol is too busy directing her empire from a far to wory about coaching your daughter, my daughter is being coached by one of the most successful H.S. coaches that was also a D1 coach, and one of the best woman players to ever play the game, and believe me, she does coach every one of hazave made a Y.J team, heck everyone that tries out makes a Y.J. team, My daughter wanted to be coached by the best, thats why she chose Liberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Westwood doesn't have a coach and will is not the top team this year. And the mass people are arguing that the 2019s and the 2020s are top teams in their age group which is accurate
this post proves that Mass elite is not a top 5 club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the name of this tournament and date? any help would be appreciated thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Orange Crush I think. Orange is one of their team colors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok lets get this straight, I never said Liberty was a top team, nor do I think they are the top club. but since you stuck your head up I will tell you what I do think. I think Manhasset has turned into one of the perennial high school powerhouses coached by one of the best coaches in the business, Northport not so much, Carol Rose is excellent at spotting talent that other people cultivate, but can cultivate none of her own. Every now and then an exceptional player happens to develop within N.P. despite Carol Rose. Though I think she is a painfully average coach, she is an exceptional business woman. She has all of you Yellow Jacket parents duped into thinking that somehow without her your daughter will not be recruited, when in reality if you were smart enough to think beyond your own need to better than the Jonses, you would be knocking down D.G's door for your daughter to be taught by the best coach. So, though you may get to say that your daughter plays for the best club on the 3rd, 4th, or 5th team, coached by a parent that never played the game while Carol is too busy directing her empire from a far to wory about coaching your daughter, my daughter is being coached by one of the most successful H.S. coaches that was also a D1 coach, and one of the best woman players to ever play the game, and believe me, she does coach every one of hazave made a Y.J team, heck everyone that tries out makes a Y.J. team, My daughter wanted to be coached by the best, thats why she chose Liberty.

If this program is so great why are they struggling to fill rosters on B teams? Also, how is it possible for one person to coach all these teams? Sorry but not buying what you are saying. Quickly looking at their commits, I would also say not very impressive and the caliber of schools is dropping.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this program is so great why are they struggling to fill rosters on B teams? Also, how is it possible for one person to coach all these teams? Sorry but not buying what you are saying. Quickly looking at their commits, I would also say not very impressive and the caliber of schools is dropping.

Since when did the choice of schools that a young player makes determine the "quality" of a club lax program? The reasons a player chooses a school could go well beyond just lacrosse. Did you ever think about that? Your comment sounds like something a yj parent would say, where your whole meager being is determined by which college your little bee goes to. Your opinion on which school another kid chooses is irrelevant. So go back to the hive and tell the queen bee what you learned today. Jeez...you people are mentally hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seing as you are obviesoly a flaming idiot I will slow it down for you. she only practices 2 age groups at a time so that she can take an active role in all teams along with each teams mail coaches, she attends every practice unless her H.S team is at states, something C.R. does not have to worry about. when she says that she is holding a clinic it is D.G on the field coaching , not some daddy or flunky doing it under her name, I can't believe for a second that a dolt like you has any Idea IF she is having a hard time doing anything because you obviesoly ars carring the Y.J. line. Your right, having kids commit to Penn Marquette USC Cornell is a real dip in college selection you dolt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since when did the choice of schools that a young player makes determine the "quality" of a club lax program? The reasons a player chooses a school could go well beyond just lacrosse. Did you ever think about that? Your comment sounds like something a yj parent would say, where your whole meager being is determined by which college your little bee goes to. Your opinion on which school another kid chooses is irrelevant. So go back to the hive and tell the queen bee what you learned today. Jeez...you people are mentally hilarious.

LIU Brooklyn?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the name of this tournament and date? any help would be appreciated thank you

This coming weekend, Jan 6,7,8. Right outside Lancaster, Pa at the Spooky Nook Sports Complex.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They actually have two teams playing. If you follow IL on Instagram, they have been listing the teams and a short bio of each for the past couple of weeks. My daughter is playing in the middle school division but we are really looking forward to watching the high school games during down time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seing as you are obviesoly a flaming idiot I will slow it down for you. she only practices 2 age groups at a time so that she can take an active role in all teams along with each teams mail coaches, she attends every practice unless her H.S team is at states, something C.R. does not have to worry about. when she says that she is holding a clinic it is D.G on the field coaching , not some daddy or flunky doing it under her name, I can't believe for a second that a dolt like you has any Idea IF she is having a hard time doing anything because you obviesoly ars carring the Y.J. line. Your right, having kids commit to Penn Marquette USC Cornell is a real dip in college selection you dolt
Honestly commit list is a joke compared to other top programs. Not trying to be negative, just real. Number of kids in each class to top academic schools and lacrosse programs is small compared to other programs. Agree DG is a great coach and also agree she has a great connection with UPenn coach as both went to William & Mary and the girls who have gone/are going to UPenn are top notch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You were doing such a good job and then you took the bait and showed just how ignorant you are. You assume its YJ parents going after you when in reality you have no idea. Here is where you fall short, first the tournament you are hyping made the mistake of letting in all star teams, so essentially has become another pseudo travel/all star teams and teams made up of only actual high school teams have little chance. If DG is such a great coach and the YJ coaching is so horrible then why do the YJ teams consistently beat Liberty.The only explanation is the level of talent on those hideous liberty teams must be the equivalent of lower level travel teams, not saying a lot about the liberty players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIU Brooklyn?
Didn't 2 girls from YJ/ MC commit to liu Brooklyn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please tell me what tournament these high school teams are playing in on the ninth? Where and when etc. thank you DX a Y

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please tell me what tournament these high school teams are playing in on the ninth? Where and when etc. thank you DX a Y

The McDonough coach organized a 7v7 indoor tournament in PA. He invited the top 32 teams from IL final rankings last spring. Some are going and others are not but it is a good way to get girls started for upcoming year. Indoor is no reflection on outdoor play

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

http://tourneymachine.com/Public/Re...ivision=h20161129122158453383c4cdf6cbf4f

http://tourneymachine.com/Public/Re...ivision=h201612041114197229d8f2df79e844e

http://tourneymachine.com/Public/Re...ivision=h20161204111416925a30921b97d9349

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIU Brooklyn?
Didn't 2 girls from YJ/ MC commit to liu Brooklyn

Its one of the bottom 5 D1 lax schools out there but it is D1 and if you play club lacrosse parents feel their kid must get an athletic offer regardless of where it is and how bad the lax and education is. If this is the best you are offered go D3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate your line about "if this is the best you are offered go D3". Who the [lacrosse] cares what "best" means to a kid, especially one that isn't yours? From a yj perspective, LIU-Brooklyn is below their pompous standards. But, for someone else that's a normal person, LIU_Brooklyn may be just the right fit. Comments like yours remind me of B Altig, the director (definitely NOT a coach) of Md United. She basically kicked girls from some of her teams because they WANTED to play at a D3 school because they LIKED THE SCHOOL. By the way, they went to a neighboring club, went to their D3 school of choice, had good careers and at least one of them graduated with a prestigious degree and the leading scorer record (or close to it). If more of you "people" would change your priorities about where kids choose to play college lax we'd all be happier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The McDonough coach organized a 7v7 indoor tournament in PA. He invited the top 32 teams from IL final rankings last spring. Some are going and others are not but it is a good way to get girls started for upcoming year. Indoor is no reflection on outdoor play

The McDonough coached organized the UA150 Showcase which was supposed to have been played that weekend at the Spooky Nook facility but due to the changes made to the Recruiting Calendar last spring he was stuck with the deposit/down payment as no D1 college coaches were allowed to attend the showcase. So to recoup his money he created the 7v7 tournament. Brilliant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The McDonough coached organized the UA150 Showcase which was supposed to have been played that weekend at the Spooky Nook facility but due to the changes made to the Recruiting Calendar last spring he was stuck with the deposit/down payment as no D1 college coaches were allowed to attend the showcase. So to recoup his money he created the 7v7 tournament. Brilliant.

So, now that it's a 7v7 tournament, are college coaches allowed to attend or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When and where is the tournament being held? Thank you DCC NYS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When and where is the tournament being held? Thank you DCC NYS

Outside Lancaster, PA in Manheim. It's at the Spooky Nook Sports Complex. The tournament is this weekend, 1/7 and 8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did we go from Nassau/Suffolk predictions to this tournament nobody care about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did we go from Nassau/Suffolk predictions to this tournament nobody care about

Because it's more interesting. Nobody cares about Nassau/Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Nassau group their teams in A-D divisions like Suffolk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Nassau group their teams in A-D divisions like Suffolk?

when they go to he playoffs. they have a power conference during season for top 10 perceived teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone post the Nassau Conferences this year? Would like to see the new changes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it's more interesting. Nobody cares about Nassau/Suffolk.

Winner!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You were doing such a good job and then you took the bait and showed just how ignorant you are. You assume its YJ parents going after you when in reality you have no idea. Here is where you fall short, first the tournament you are hyping made the mistake of letting in all star teams, so essentially has become another pseudo travel/all star teams and teams made up of only actual high school teams have little chance. If DG is such a great coach and the YJ coaching is so horrible then why do the YJ teams consistently beat Liberty.The only explanation is the level of talent on those hideous liberty teams must be the equivalent of lower level travel teams, not saying a lot about the liberty players.
we were talking about high school teams it is only YJ parents that divert the conversation. Taking sold HSBC teams into consideration you truly see who the better coach is, by your own words DG is able to take a team of horrible players (seeing as most set players also play Liberty) and coach those girls into the county, island and state tourney year after year, where as CR and NP can't seem to garner the same type of respect or success . The only reason I could conceive for this is because even though, according to you, CR has better players and 'set players aren't nearly as good, CR is not a good coach, or at least not as good as DG. Who has a lot more success with "horrible players"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would win a cage match between CR and DG?

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 214 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard