BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 37 of 220 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the delay with posting the rosters?

I was told rosters would be posted this Friday.

Did you hear anything about the Fall Tournament in Maryland?

Do you mean Lax Clash?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who told you that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you hear anything about the Fall Tournament in Maryland?

Do you mean Lax Clash?

Mid-Atlantic?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who told you that?

Not all checks received, will be a while. JY transfers still on the fence, stay tuned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who told you that?

Not all checks received, will be a while. JY transfers still on the fence, stay tuned.

Are they on the fence until after YJ tryouts later this month?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who told you that?

Bill Smith.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who told you that?

I hear from a reliable source that several players including a few YJ kids have not sent in the money because they really do not want to play TG but TG big wigs making a push for them to play because if they do not it creates several issues, would need to move kids up ,then may not be able to have the money making 3 team at one of the ages.If you have a dead line for getting checks in the use your deadline don't hold out hope that a couple mediocre YJ kids will put your team over the top

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who told you that?

Maybe they'll post the rosters at the end of October, after YJ tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who told you that?

Bill Smith.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who told you that?

Don't you people get the ones with Yellow Jacket ties are holding out to the end; if their child makes Blue A they wont be coming to us thats why they have not paid. We don't need them if they are not in 100%. Move down the list SS.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cannot for the life of me understand what the bug deal is with the rosters not being posted yet! As long as your daughter is on it what difference does it make who else is on it? Just be happy your daughter is on it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cannot for the life of me understand what the bug deal is with the rosters not being posted yet! As long as your daughter is on it what difference does it make who else is on it? Just be happy your daughter is on it!

Yes ,why would you care who your daughter is playing with and who you and your family will be spending June and July with.Makes all the difference in the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes ,why would you care who your daughter is playing with and who you and your family will be spending June and July with.Makes all the difference in the world.

Really??? You have no say in who is and who is not on the roster. If you say yes then you play with the others who also said yes. Would you not let your daughter play based on who is/isn't on a roster?? If your answer to that question is yes then you have issues and probably lots of them. Your only concern for June and July should be spending time with your daughter and your family! Not unless the other families in TG have that much impact on your life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who told you that?

Maybe they'll post the rosters at the end of October, after YJ tryouts.

YJ won't poster rosters until after NOV tourneys are over!! Keep waiting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really??? You have no say in who is and who is not on the roster. If you say yes then you play with the others who also said yes. Would you not let your daughter play based on who is/isn't on a roster?? If your answer to that question is yes then you have issues and probably lots of them. Your only concern for June and July should be spending time with your daughter and your family! Not unless the other families in TG have that much impact on your life!

Actually you have all the say on who is on your roster, if they are half as annoying as you then join another team.Why do you think a lot of the kids play TG ,many have played with other organizations and found the behavior of the parents to be unbearable and left.If you are only concerned with you and your daughter then maybe the TG family is not for you as many families become close friends and a big part of most clubs is not just the lacrosse.Many of these kids will spend the better part of 7 years together and become best friends so yes they can have a big impact on you and your kids.With your attitude why even post rosters it's makes no difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There might be issues you know nothing of, so for you to say that some one has "issues" is condescending and arrogant of you and you sound like an elitist snob. What is right for you doesn't make it right for everyone so mind your business . Top Guns should post the original roster picked by the coaches within a week allowing every one to decide if it is a good fit for there daughters, and a final roster after all commits are received. Or at least email the roster to each player so they can decide in privacy with a deadline date to commit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there might be issues with who maybe on the team or who the other parents maybe why would one have their daughter try out in the first place

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there might be issues with who maybe on the team or who the other parents maybe why would one have their daughter try out in the first place
So my daughter should not try out because you and your daughter are less then desirable socially. You must be juiced in with Steve Levy. I would wager my house on the guess that the only way your daughter makes a team is by whos butt your kissing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There might be issues you know nothing of, so for you to say that some one has "issues" is condescending and arrogant of you and you sound like an elitist snob. What is right for you doesn't make it right for everyone so mind your business . Top Guns should post the original roster picked by the coaches within a week allowing every one to decide if it is a good fit for there daughters, and a final roster after all commits are received. Or at least email the roster to each player so they can decide in privacy with a deadline date to commit

Maybe you should contact Bill & Shannon and ask them to call you personally as each check is received and then you can decide if they cash it or not. That way you'll be sure you and your daughter are happy with the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should contact Bill & Shannon and ask them to call you personally as each check is received and then you can decide if they cash it or not. That way you'll be sure you and your daughter are happy with the roster.

People, you are being played the fool. SS is already heavily involved at Hofstra, she does not have time for you and it's only going to get worse as SS establishes herself as head coach of a D1 program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be good for me . but how about the rest of the girls. Oh I'm sure this is where you tell me that every one at Top Gins Gets along and there is total harmonic karma, never any discord or inner turmoil. there is nothing wrong with posting the initial roster the day it is finalized by the Top Guns brass. the only people that want it a secret are those that have something to hide, or don't really deserve to be there in the first place, so tell me , what category does your daughter fall into? even when you look at colleges you know who is on the roster and you go meet them. If you don't click you choose another. But I guess being chosen to play for Top Guns is such an honor that you should just accept the spot and like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People, you are being played the fool. SS is already heavily involved at Hofstra, she does not have time for you and it's only going to get worse as SS establishes herself as head coach of a D1 program.

You're just another hater, and you don't know what you're talking about. It's very common for college coaches to run successful travel sports programs, especially in soccer. It will happen more and more in lacrosse too, over time. Just be concerned with your own program, and make sure your daughter is having fun, and getting better and learning some solid life lessons - all due to solid coaching. That's what's important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're just another hater, and you don't know what you're talking about. It's very common for college coaches to run successful travel sports programs, especially in soccer. It will happen more and more in lacrosse too, over time. Just be concerned with your own program, and make sure your daughter is having fun, and getting better and learning some solid life lessons - all due to solid coaching. That's what's important.

While I agree ,you have some life lesson problems on the younger end of your program.Take a look at the coaches bios on your web site and tell me who does not fit in with the rest.We have a chance to make the best program in the country but of course you can see politics already a concern.I hope the above about SS is way off the mark but I cannot help but feel she dropped the ball not taking control of her youngest team and allowing a parent to pick and choose who he wanted to invite to the first tournament ever for the TG 2020.Some of that groups first experience with TG will make them cautious about how TG is run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree ,you have some life lesson problems on the younger end of your program.Take a look at the coaches bios on your web site and tell me who does not fit in with the rest.We have a chance to make the best program in the country but of course you can see politics already a concern.I hope the above about SS is way off the mark but I cannot help but feel she dropped the ball not taking control of her youngest team and allowing a parent to pick and choose who he wanted to invite to the first tournament ever for the TG 2020.Some of that groups first experience with TG will make them cautious about how TG is run.

It's about the money period! People have not paid because they want to explore options. So stop with all of the guessing and physco babble; it's about the money with TG and any other organiztion. There is no other reason rosters are not posted. All of the Big Wigs with these clubs are just playing games with each other; i.e. earlier tryout dates, more than two teams in an age group etc. and it all comes back to one thing MONEY! Do your selves a favor ask your child where she will be the happiest and go there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's my understanding that the group of kids that played as 2020 TG in Hofstra tournament were all girls who played on 2019 teams last year and wanted to play together to have FUN and show support for SS and her Hofstra program, nothing more, nothing less, so lets move on! This wasn't a group of 15-16 kids running down to Maryland to play in an elite tournament, but not wanting to invite the entire team (see yj thread for that type of behavior). It's not like this team has been together for years and everyone knows each other, I'm sure in the future they would be happy to invite everyone and make two teams for these 7V7 tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has your check been cashed? Neither have the 2017 YJ checks because they have not been received yet! Heard that from a parent of one of the girls chosen, mine is on black and I dont care who her teammates are although it wasnt hard to figure out with the girls all chatting/texting each other as well as the teams formed for the Hofstra tourny. Wonder how long Bill-I mean Shannon will wait..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has your check been cashed? Neither have the 2017 YJ checks because they have not been received yet! Heard that from a parent of one of the girls chosen, mine is on black and I dont care who her teammates are although it wasnt hard to figure out with the girls all chatting/texting each other as well as the teams formed for the Hofstra tourny. Wonder how long Bill-I mean Shannon will wait..

Who cares about YJ. What the [lacrosse] is 2017 YJ checks all about. They have not had there tryouts yet and who gives a crap! if they didnt pay then move TG we dont need them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares about YJ. What the [lacrosse] is 2017 YJ checks all about. They have not had there tryouts yet and who gives a crap! if they didnt pay then move TG we dont need them.

Love your post and totally agree! Who cares?!! Go TG!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's my understanding that the group of kids that played as 2020 TG in Hofstra tournament were all girls who played on 2019 teams last year and wanted to play together to have FUN and show support for SS and her Hofstra program, nothing more, nothing less, so lets move on! This wasn't a group of 15-16 kids running down to Maryland to play in an elite tournament, but not wanting to invite the entire team (see yj thread for that type of behavior). It's not like this team has been together for years and everyone knows each other, I'm sure in the future they would be happy to invite everyone and make two teams for these 7V7 tournaments.

Your understanding is wrong and kids who were not on team last year were involved so do not act like it is much different from what you read over on yj site, as a matter of fact it is exactly the same except the location of the tournament .Whoever informed you of the facts lied to your face,obviously it has been divisive or the people who I talked to would not have felt sp strongly .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% agree. Heard the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your understanding is wrong and kids who were not on team last year were involved so do not act like it is much different from what you read over on yj site, as a matter of fact it is exactly the same except the location of the tournament .Whoever informed you of the facts lied to your face,obviously it has been divisive or the people who I talked to would not have felt sp strongly .
if rosters have not been posted how is it that a parent would have all the names and contact information of the kids on the team anyway? this entire thing seems like much to do about nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close to what the YJ team did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if rosters have not been posted how is it that a parent would have all the names and contact information of the kids on the team anyway? this entire thing seems like much to do about nothing

Can we please put this to rest and not even address any more posts. If parents can't understand that this tournament was for fundraising and teams were put together by other parents, shame on them. They had the opportunity to put a team together and enter anyone they wanted to. If they did not have any contacts they could have contacted the director of the tournament to see if they can be placed with a team. Many families did just that and were placed on a team after PARENTS stepped up to volunteer and help out. If you are so sour about it please don't come to TG.

One additional note, put into perspective your daughter is 10/11 years old. She has many years of playing lax ahead of her. Think about putting a team in of your own for 7v7 om November. They welcome more teams.....again it is a fundraiser!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess your kid was one of the golden children asked to play. If you cannot understand that all tournaments are done for fundraising and that when teams are put together by parents then they should not use the club name ie. TG 2020 in that they do not represent the actual club team then you are an idiot.One more additional note keep in mind that 10 -11 year old girls get their feelings hurt easily and when they see a team they were excited to make playing under the TG 2020 name but were not asked to play.It is hard for them to understand that there are adults such as yourself that think their kids are too good to even play on the same team as them even when that same guys kid is average at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess your kid was one of the golden children asked to play. If you cannot understand that all tournaments are done for fundraising and that when teams are put together by parents then they should not use the club name ie. TG 2020 in that they do not represent the actual club team then you are an idiot.One more additional note keep in mind that 10 -11 year old girls get their feelings hurt easily and when they see a team they were excited to make playing under the TG 2020 name but were not asked to play.It is hard for them to understand that there are adults such as yourself that think their kids are too good to even play on the same team as them even when that same guys kid is average at best.

You should not assume anything idiot! I guess your feelings were hurt as well and this is why you resort to immature name calling. If you must know I was one of the parents who were not asked but was proactive for my daughter and contacted the tournament instead of sitting at home crying about it on a message board. Maybe you should have been proactive and put a second team under TG 2020 for your daughter. What is most disheartening is the way you are handling it. Simply explain to your daughter it is not the entire TG 2020 team and if you would like I can enter a team as well under that name. Instead you choose to act like a child...sorry your feelings were hurt. Grow up!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should not assume anything idiot! I guess your feelings were hurt as well and this is why you resort to immature name calling. If you must know I was one of the parents who were not asked but was proactive for my daughter and contacted the tournament instead of sitting at home crying about it on a message board. Maybe you should have been proactive and put a second team under TG 2020 for your daughter. What is most disheartening is the way you are handling it. Simply explain to your daughter it is not the entire TG 2020 team and if you would like I can enter a team as well under that name. Instead you choose to act like a child...sorry your feelings were hurt. Grow up!!

Do not even have a kid at the age group ,thank goodness ,would not want to deal with people like you or the parent coach who put this team in.My older kids have played for other organizations who had parents like this and did the same type non- sense which always results in division among the team.Eventually it will cause the team to fracture apart.What's even more disheartening is the fact that you cannot even take your own advice and stop posting on the subject, seems to me even you know your advice is idiotic.Maybe other posters were correct and SS is too busy to pay attention,there is no way she should be allowing parent coaches who are not part of her coaching staff to put teams in tournaments under the TG name.Put another team in under that same name....really, sounds like a great idea everyone can play under the 2020 TG label.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply Quote
#14104 - 06/26/12 02:36 PM Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Yes its there under misc. team.
Wow

"Coaches kid on roster also.

Well, I can tell you this...he has some serious explaining to do. I cannot believe that any self-respecting organization would tolerate that kind of divisive, counter-productive, and just plain dumb decision making.

Truly disgraceful. So much for "team" and "loyalty."

Funny stuff from YJ site sounds a lot like current TG discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Carol made right by those not invited by entering the girls in the babylon lax blast as an additional tourney. You should'nt run your mouths so much because there is no differance what so ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply Quote
#14104 - 06/26/12 02:36 PM Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes its there under misc. team.
Wow

"Coaches kid on roster also.

Well, I can tell you this...he has some serious explaining to do. I cannot believe that any self-respecting organization would tolerate that kind of divisive, counter-productive, and just plain dumb decision making.

Truly disgraceful. So much for "team" and "loyalty."

Funny stuff from YJ site sounds a lot like current TG discussion.

The team did not play as a YJ team and did not wear YJ jerseys they have common sense!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you shannon for not choosing my daughter. With parents like this , she's better off where she was

Like Reply Quote
Page 37 of 220 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard