BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 313 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why all this nonsense. I thought the only high level lax is played on Strong Island. Merry Christmas LI.

Hey, you are trespassing in a Md. forum. Stay where you belong, up in Lonk Island.

Shake hand with Buffy your frigid wife and warm up some crab cakes and wish you were from Strong Island. Maybe Santa will allow your kid to grow up on LI with the best Lax in country.

Put your crack pipe down.

Well, a few people from MD like Strong Island players... Just look at the rosters of Maryland, JH, Towson, and Loyola. Maybe the coaches of these schools know more than the people who post on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I guess by the answers to these post that their is no Public Va high school or very few MD public school parents posting on this forum. Can someone start a top ten Va and MD public list please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class of 2019 has 49 of the 71 D1 schools with at least one name on the Verbal list. What does this tell us? Is it good or bad news? Several have only 1 to 4 names. A few have 10 or more names. What are everyone's thoughts on this data? How many kids have the rumored none public Verbal not on these lists?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
68 of 71 schools in the class of 2018 have at least one Verbal. But more then several only have 4 or 5 names. I would of guessed most schools would be at 11 or 12 names by this date for this class. What are your thoughts on this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the class of 2017 seems to be all teams have at least one Verbal. the Top 100 kids seem to be mostly at the same schools which makes sense. But lots of schools have at least 1 top 100 ranked kid. The ranking are what they are a guess I get that. Does the college football top 100 list get spread out over more or less teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade vs MCD. Should be a fun game.

Hill Academy comes down from Canada every year in March to play a bunch of the MIAA teams. Would love to see MCDonogh play them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top publics
1.Severna Park
2. Annapolis
3. Howard
4.Westminester
5.South River
6.Broadneck
7. Churchill

The rest are definitely another bar lower then these 7 schools. I don't know much about Virginia public schools though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top publics
1.Severna Park
2. Annapolis
3. Howard
4.Westminester
5.South River
6.Broadneck
7. Churchill

The rest are definitely another bar lower then these 7 schools. I don't know much about Virginia public schools though.

Hereford, Fallston, and Kent Island are usually in there also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kent Island plays a weak schedule in 2A
Fallston plays a weak schedule in the playoffs and in general
Hereford plays a weak schedule in 2A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably applies to all of the public schools. Since none of the leagues have strength and depth top to bottom.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fallston plays, Westminster, Bel Air, Cmilton, Gilman, River Hill, and BL. I guess you do not know what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland Public school/schools would be the best if they got back all the Private school kids that live in their district?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland Public school/schools would be the best if they got back all the Private school kids that live in their district?

uhhhh.......and the queen would be king if she had B@lls. Your public school system sucks...... and the rest are just wannabe snobs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

uhhhh.......and the queen would be king if she had B@lls. Your public school system sucks...... and the rest are just wannabe snobs.

Seems strange, you have b*lls and you still look and act like a queen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 MIAA Results
McD v CHC in the final - both have more talent than they know what to do with. The team that avoids dissension and blow ups in the locker room and with the parents likely wins it all.
Dark horse to win, St Pauls b/c they have the best fogo and the best goalie.
BL, Gilman and Severn play for the 4th spot in the semis but that is as far as they go.
Arguing about who has the best 9th grade class is irrelevant as few, if any, of those kids will play varsity.

There are many, many good players on the public school teams. They just don't have the critical mass to play the best MIAA teams competitively year after year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MIAA schools are allstar teams by design. Comparing them to a Public school is just stupid. Public schools with good feeder rec programs have very good HS programs. These very good HS programs keep the private school kids, hence they maintain dominance. This dominance makes many subpar HS coaches look like heros. Many of the best Harford county kids go private as our rec program is diluted into all the High schools. Just look at the MIAA's as many Harford county kids on them. Example, St. Pauls goalie who is referenced above. Just keeping it real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL, Gilman, McDonough, Calvert Hall - if you ain't reclassifying your kid 1 or 2 times you ain't trying hard enough. 16 and 17 year old Freshman. What a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL, Gilman, McDonough, Calvert Hall - if you ain't reclassifying your kid 1 or 2 times you ain't trying hard enough. 16 and 17 year old Freshman. What a joke.
nough.

Its not that you arent trying hard enough.It's that if you dont do prefirst/reclassify or both in MIAA, you will generally never play or start.
Only the True gifted players dont do prefirst/reclass and play. But even many of them do.
It is part of the life of a MIAA lacrosse player. Most teams are loaded with them. BL a couple of years ago entire starting lineup had been reclassed or done prefirst. But it wasnt like they had a huge advantage as the other teams had their share of heldback players too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

17 year freshman? That is a joke because it's a myth. Yes there will be some that turn 16 during the school. Plenty who will be 16 during summer. A 17 year 9th graded would be barred from playing sports as a senior. The 16 years are bad enough. No need to exaggerate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the kid speaks like you, maybe he needs to reclass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Crabs player born in 3/2000 - that makes him 17 in March of 2017. 17 in the 9th grade. Let that sink in....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is crazy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few younger freshman can see valuable time at the varsity level. Big Crabs MF from Crabs at Mc D, MF from Hawks at Mc D, MF from Hawks at St Marys and MF from Looneys at BL to name a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Crabs player born in 3/2000 - that makes him 17 in March of 2017. 17 in the 9th grade. Let that sink in....

That is hard to believe! Not doubting you as I have heard that rumor from a parent too. If true he would be 20 in Senior year and couldnt play in HS per rules. Is there exceptions???

Turning 16 in 9th is common in MIAA schools. And spare me that they are mainly born in summer. Many are but many arent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the Crabs 2020 defenseman that goes to Gilman and recently did verbal commitment to UNC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have an 11th grader 8 months younger !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is hard to believe! Not doubting you as I have heard that rumor from a parent too. If true he would be 20 in Senior year and couldnt play in HS per rules. Is there exceptions???

Turning 16 in 9th is common in MIAA schools. And spare me that they are mainly born in summer. Many are but many arent.

16 in 9th grade is common? My son turned 14 in 9th grade. It is amazing for a "correct age" based player to get an opportunity when competing for spots against players two full years older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Midfielder

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

16 in 9th grade is common? My son turned 14 in 9th grade. It is amazing for a "correct age" based player to get an opportunity when competing for spots against players two full years older.

Not as common as some on this site lead you to believe. Thru coaching or knowing the kids I am generally familiar with the birthdays of 12 of the baltimore areas 2020 kids with college commitments. 6 of those were born after 9/1/01. 4 were born in summer of 2001. 2 will turn 16 during their freshman year. So there are plenty of "correct age" kids - even in Maryland that get opportunities.

As for the post about a 2020 kid that turns 17 March, there was a fair amount of negative banter towards a particular Crab player turning 16 last spring. His bday became public due to making the UA team. His bday is 3/01 not 3/00.

This is not to say that hold-backs for sports is not a problem or that it's not higher among certain MIAA schools. Just offering perspective as opposed to exaggeration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few younger freshman can see valuable time at the varsity level. Big Crabs MF from Crabs at Mc D, MF from Hawks at Mc D, MF from Hawks at St Marys and MF from Looneys at BL to name a few.

If the McD coach's son - who is a terrific player - did not play on varsity as a freshman, what makes you think those players will make it/play? That team is loaded with excellent upperclassmen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is why in the MIAA being held back is a big big plus. Cant compete on age .
And then we have this debate about public vs private in MD. That is a joke. For any public to even compete with private schools here, they should be given a medal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2020 Crabs player born in 3/2000 - that makes him 17 in March of 2017. 17 in the 9th grade. Let that sink in....

Turning 16 in 9th is common in MIAA schools. And spare me that they are mainly born in summer. Many are but many arent. [/And your still wrong about the birthday. So many know it allast.

Not as common as some on this site lead you to believe. Thru coaching or knowing the kids I am generally familiar with the birthdays of 12 of the baltimore areas 2020 kids with college commitments. 6 of those were born after 9/1/01. 4 were born in summer of 2001. 2 will turn 16 during their freshman year. So there are plenty of "correct age" kids - even in Maryland that get opportunities.

As for the post about a 2020 kid that turns 17 March, there was a fair amount of negative banter towards a particular Crab player turning 16 last spring. His bday became public due to making the UA team. His bday is 3/01 not 3/00.

This is not to say that hold-backs for sports is not a problem or that it's not higher among certain MIAA schools. Just offering perspective as opposed to exaggeration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player that will turn 17 did not make the UA team and is not committed. We are not talking about the same player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are extremely athletic and better players than most at their age. Andy will play the best available to him even if not his son. Thats part of great coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman/Crabs/Midfielder/Uncommitted and 17 in 9th grade. 2 years older than a typical on age 9th grader. Weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your logic makes no sense?? Even by your own knowledge it is common.
I know this is hard for private school parents to understand, but being born in summer and doing prefirst is being HELDBACK from first grade. So 6 out of 12 turn 16 in 9th grade school year.
So with your logic...50% of players are held back. That is more than common. That is 50%. And my experience with MIAA teams is that most starting lineups are more than 50% of heldback players.

And do you think those 6 would make it as on age players in youth lacrosse?? Meaning that they would have to play as the youngest like 99% of players do in their youth. And with that I along with many others can see why parents with exact same age kids are upset. Why cant their children get this special advantage too. Or kids born in Jan, etc who are not starting or playing due to a special advantage of a select few. Youth sports in Lacrosse is at a low moral point with this grade based team concept. Put your head in sand but it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not just a lacrosse issue. Holdbacks are big in basketball and football as well. MD 8th grade football team just won national tournament in FL with over 50% of Team being 15. Cheaters will always find a way to cheat. That's why they are called cheaters. Don't stress. It all levels out by junior year for most kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not just a lacrosse issue. Holdbacks are big in basketball and football as well. MD 8th grade football team just won national tournament in FL with over 50% of Team being 15. Cheaters will always find a way to cheat. That's why they are called cheaters. Don't stress. It all levels out by junior year for most kids.

Maryland Seahawks, coach Jarvis always says that they are a "14U" but it's extremely evident that almost all of those young men are over 15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is MD good at anything without cheating? Maybe eating crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is MD good at anything without cheating? Maybe eating crabs.

[lacrosse] off lonk island. The entire WCAC and MIAA A (and pallotti) could take any team in LI for football.

MD also could show up every team in LI for lacrosse. Only noteworthy team in LI is chaminaide.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 313 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard