BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 37 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kids plays for BL didn't know that schedule was out. But got to go with Team 91 although it has to be their B Team as the A team is in Florida playing at Dicks Tournament of Champions. Even still their B Team has to be the odds on favorite.

Pool B I go with BL Poseidon and looking at 2024 I would go with BL 2024. I really don't know how 91 does it. They must simply practice more hours and compete consistenlty against top notch competition thus conditioning them to be better...Darwinism.

It is 91 B team playing. BL beat them pretty well over the summer.

it should be fun, BL is taking 2 very small evenly matched teams. Several of AA kids playing hoops or on vacation.

Same with 91. They're struggling to get on team in. Lots of players on vacation.

God forbid there wouldon't be a chance to make $ off of a holiday weekend. Not about the kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids plays for BL didn't know that schedule was out. But got to go with Team 91 although it has to be their B Team as the A team is in Florida playing at Dicks Tournament of Champions. Even still their B Team has to be the odds on favorite.

Pool B I go with BL Poseidon and looking at 2024 I would go with BL 2024. I really don't know how 91 does it. They must simply practice more hours and compete consistenlty against top notch competition thus conditioning them to be better...Darwinism.

It is 91 B team playing. BL beat them pretty well over the summer.

it should be fun, BL is taking 2 very small evenly matched teams. Several of AA kids playing hoops or on vacation.

Same with 91. They're struggling to get on team in. Lots of players on vacation.

God forbid there wouldon't be a chance to make $ off of a holiday weekend. Not about the kids.

I really don't think anyone is cancelling plans for this tourney; however, I bet the kids who had no plans are happy to have some lax games to play. I know my guy is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's about the kids. They really do enjoy playing lacrosse and the competition. It's not just the tourney organizers making money. The travel/tourism industry is making a nice profit on the families who couldn't participate because they are vacationing. No need to be jaded, cynical and grumpy. Do you have a child that you feel is being forced to participate? My son had a choice and he decided he's going to show up tomorrow and shoot for the corners. Good luck to all who stand between him and the back of the cage!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys really think it's not about the $? Of course most of the kids like playing.no doubt about that. But if you think this is a game and not a business you must be new to this. Nothing about being jaded. My kids aren't playing in this tourney so I've got nothing invested. Teams and tourneys cost more and more every year, dollars play a factor in more and more decisions. Honestly I'm in a bit of a position where I don't have to pay any or full price for travel teams so in reality rising prices don't hit me. This is a holiday weekend. I've been to tourneys on easter, 4th of July weekend, etc. The kids will usually jump at the chance to do all this stuff. But don't kid yourself. Good luck to everyone. If my son was going at least he'd have to pull himself away from the new xbox.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys really think it's not about the $? Of course most of the kids like playing.no doubt about that. But if you think this is a game and not a business you must be new to this. Nothing about being jaded. My kids aren't playing in this tourney so I've got nothing invested. Teams and tourneys cost more and more every year, dollars play a factor in more and more decisions. Honestly I'm in a bit of a position where I don't have to pay any or full price for travel teams so in reality rising prices don't hit me. This is a holiday weekend. I've been to tourneys on easter, 4th of July weekend, etc. The kids will usually jump at the chance to do all this stuff. But don't kid yourself. Good luck to everyone. If my son was going at least he'd have to pull himself away from the new xbox.

I don't disagree with you that there is a profit component. We are capitalists after all. Parents have options and the discretion to make responsible decisions regarding what events their kids participate in. But, as far as investments in our kids are concerned, lax is by far one of the better ones. Would you agree?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grow the game or scam the game??? What's the truth?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grow the game or scam the game??? What's the truth?

Yes, grasshopper, the truth just is. Don't fret too much over it. Go watch your kid play and have fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright, schedule is up for NE regional, lets rank em and crown a champ

5/6A - pool A

Team 91
BL Zeus
Superstar
NJ riot

5/6A - pool B

BL Poseidon
Eagle 5/6
Team11
Fusion

In crossovers

Team91
BL Zeus
Team11
Riot

Any other thoughts?

There is a 5/6 B but looks to me mostly 2024 teams.

So haw did it go today? To

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5/6A - pool A

Team 91
BL Zeus
Superstar
NJ riot

5/6A - pool B

BL Poseidon
Eagle 5/6
Team11
Fusion

In crossovers

Team91
BL Zeus
Team11
Riot

Any other thoughts?

BL beat 91 7-6 in final
Great game very clean 2 pretty evenly matched box teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 bandits are in Florida

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 bandits are in Florida

Played 91 Warriors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5/6A - pool A

Team 91
BL Zeus
Superstar
NJ riot

5/6A - pool B

BL Poseidon
Eagle 5/6
Team11
Fusion

In crossovers

Team91
BL Zeus
Team11
Riot

Any other thoughts?

BL beat 91 7-6 in final
You lost to 91B team? thats great way to represent philly lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5/6A - pool A

Team 91
BL Zeus
Superstar
NJ riot

5/6A - pool B

BL Poseidon
Eagle 5/6
Team11
Fusion

In crossovers

Team91
BL Zeus
Team11
Riot

Any other thoughts?

BL beat 91 7-6 in final

I was impressed with the team 91 put together for this tournament. The kids played hard and were highly skilled as you would expect from that program. If winning the tournament against a good team is representing poorly, so be it. Which team does your son play for that represents much better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat them by a goal and to be honest, they were playing with very small benches. I was impressed with the effort those kids gave in the game against us. fun night of lacrosse. Love some of those box uniforms

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5/6A - pool A

Team 91
BL Zeus
Superstar
NJ riot

5/6A - pool B

BL Poseidon
Eagle 5/6
Team11
Fusion

In crossovers

Team91
BL Zeus
Team11
Riot

Any other thoughts?

BL beat 91 7-6 in final

Their A team is the best in the country. The B team is top 10. Our team was split. They beat one half. With the teams combined, we beat them in the final. We had kids missing. They had kids missing. But the games were great. Everyone got better. Except your kid who stayed home and played x-box.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5/6A - pool A

Team 91
BL Zeus
Superstar
NJ riot

5/6A - pool B

BL Poseidon
Eagle 5/6
Team11
Fusion

In crossovers

Team91
BL Zeus
Team11
Riot

Any other thoughts?

BL beat 91 7-6 in final

really? that axe you carry around to grind must really cloud your judgement on BL. The warriors are good, and any team in the country, any team at all (yours too superstar dad) would be the "b" team to the bandits. if you're from philly your jealousy to the best team (i'm not from philly but i think most would not argue that) shines through.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really are a moron always the negative. Read it again BL BEAT 91 by one goal and yes it was a makeshift squad from both BL and 91 with a lot of their club out with family or in Fla at Dicks Tournament as well as makeshift for BL You obviously also don't know anything about Team 91 as well, their B Team would smoke any other team in Philly except for Brotherly Love and maybe Mesa. BL is awful at the box game and hopefully the owners recognize that and work to the box offerings at BL. Box it is a100% different game. Name me one other team in Philly that could beat the 91 team that was at the tourney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5/6A - pool A

Team 91
BL Zeus
Superstar
NJ riot

5/6A - pool B

BL Poseidon
Eagle 5/6
Team11
Fusion

In crossovers

Team91
BL Zeus
Team11
Riot

Any other thoughts?

BL beat 91 7-6 in final

Read much donkey. BL won

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5/6A - pool A

Team 91
BL Zeus
Superstar
NJ riot

5/6A - pool B

BL Poseidon
Eagle 5/6
Team11
Fusion

In crossovers

Team91
BL Zeus
Team11
Riot

Any other thoughts?

BL beat 91 7-6 in final

Their A team is the best in the country. The B team is top 10. Our team was split. They beat one half. With the teams combined, we beat them in the final. We had kids missing. They had kids missing. But the games were great. Everyone got better. Except your kid who stayed home and played x-box.

Exactly... some people don't get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really are a moron always the negative. Read it again BL BEAT 91 by one goal and yes it was a makeshift squad from both BL and 91 with a lot of their club out with family or in Fla at Dicks Tournament as well as makeshift for BL You obviously also don't know anything about Team 91 as well, their B Team would smoke any other team in Philly except for Brotherly Love and maybe Mesa. BL is awful at the box game and hopefully the owners recognize that and work to the box offerings at BL. Box it is a100% different game. Name me one other team in Philly that could beat the 91 team that was at the tourney
it wasn't a makeshift squad from 91 it was the Warriors you know like BL Poisideon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5/6A - pool A

Team 91
BL Zeus
Superstar
NJ riot

5/6A - pool B

BL Poseidon
Eagle 5/6
Team11
Fusion

In crossovers

Team91
BL Zeus
Team11
Riot

Any other thoughts?

BL beat 91 7-6 in final

Exactly... some people don't get it.

How about the idiot that said BL didn't win? Let's get him hooked on phonics...
It was a good game BL clearly isn't a good box team, but they will get better with Deniken teaching them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the results of the other crossover games? Tourney Machine never updated. Did the other BL team play their cross over or just combine their teams for the championship? I think that was Eagle vs. BLA? Then Superstars vs. Fusion? and Finally Riot vs. Team11?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it wasn't a makeshift squad from 91 it was the Warriors you know like BL Poisideon.

What's BL Posideon?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the results of the other crossover games? Tourney Machine never updated. Did the other BL team play their cross over or just combine their teams for the championship? I think that was Eagle vs. BLA? Then Superstars vs. Fusion? and Finally Riot vs. Team11?

Eagle's goalie got sick so they had to forfeit. We combined both BL teams for the final. I'm not sure what happened with the other games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL has 2 teams at 23
Zues will play AA
Poseidon A
For this we just mixed them up. As anyone that watched box isn't a strong suit for the kids, but the owners are making a big push to get them better.

What's BL Posideon?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eagle's goalie got sick so they had to forfeit. We combined both BL teams for the final. I'm not sure what happened with the other games.

That HGH got to him? Kid was hhhhuuuuugggggeee. Team 11 beat NJ riot 8-4. Not sure about the fusion game, it was close I think

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL has 2 teams at 23
Zues will play AA
Poseidon A
For this we just mixed them up. As anyone that watched box isn't a strong suit for the kids, but the owners are making a big push to get them better.

What's BL Posideon?

Gotcha. Most teams, 91 included, are not going full-on into box lax. The tournaments are just to keep the boys motivated. It's really just the training that is important and most clubs see how much it will translate to the field. The footwork and tight shooting and quick passing will all benefit the boys once they get outside. But I don't think any teams are really trying too hard to be great Box lacrosse teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 Bandits and CRUSH are two of the 91 teams that go full go into box lacrosse. Training and 5/6 tournaments assume that is due their coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids love box and their whole field team to a man prefer it...even the poles because they get a chance to play offense. Personal opinion it is a better game and shouldn't be used as a means to an ends. The Philly clubs that submerse themselves "All In" box will see the dividends in the field game. Look at Denver's offense by Matt Brown it is beautiful and deadly at the same time. The college game is changing and programs are well served adapting. Crush and Bandits as noted above have been all in on box for years and look at their field results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 Bandits and CRUSH are two of the 91 teams that go full go into box lacrosse. Training and 5/6 tournaments assume that is due their coach

Who's playing at the box tourney in two weeks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love BOX

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Box is the best. In 2001 I loved Bush, not so much these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds to me you prefer to pleasure yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cant people go both ways......love bush and box.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I prefer that any box I put my junk in be clean and the surrounding bush be trimmed and shaped

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I prefer that any box I put my junk in be clean and the surrounding bush be trimmed and shaped

prefer the runway look

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Can we stay on the lacrosse topic without the stupid innuendo? Moderator? Hello? Let me know if you need help translating this stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone have any experience with dukes nationals 2024? what tourneys ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a new team they are starting up. We played their 2023 and 2024 team. If you are looking for more club lacrosse that would supplement your primary club experieince that is there focus. Many on this site seem to bash it but really up to you if you want to travel more, play on an all star team, have kids from more geographically diverse backgrounds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a new team they are starting up. We played their 2023 and 2024 team. If you are looking for more club lacrosse that would supplement your primary club experieince that is there focus. Many on this site seem to bash it but really up to you if you want to travel more, play on an all star team, have kids from more geographically diverse backgrounds.

All star team? The one at NXT in the fall looked like every other local travel team nothing all star about it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 37 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard