BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 44 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will CR be able to turn the Skak team around this summer?

I would expect a considerable improvement as Skak never committed any time to this team in the winter or summer. CR did not take over this team to lose.

This team doesn't need a turn around. They are head and shoulders above all other Teams on Long Island, and only two or three other top teams in the nation can trade wins with them. Just like every other YJ age groups top team. Do you think if you keep posting nonsense enough it will become true?

Trading wins? I thought they lost all summer and fall to the better MD teams?

They beat M&D 2 summers ago. I guess you can call that trading wins. Lost both times to Skywalkers since 2 summers ago. Seems like a lopsided trade.

Who cares about two summers ago! Unless this is a joke that's the most pathetic statement I have read.

Agreed! Lol! The team stinks. If they have to bring up a win from two years ago, that basically sums it up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone on LI beaten them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers and MD United are the only teams that has been them in three years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will CR be able to turn the Skak team around this summer?

I would expect a considerable improvement as Skak never committed any time to this team in the winter or summer. CR did not take over this team to lose.

This team doesn't need a turn around. They are head and shoulders above all other Teams on Long Island, and only two or three other top teams in the nation can trade wins with them. Just like every other YJ age groups top team. Do you think if you keep posting nonsense enough it will become true?

Trading wins? I thought they lost all summer and fall to the better MD teams?

The only team they lost all summer to was M&D . Lost once to Skywalkers in the summer and once in the fall by 1 goal both times . Lost to Hero's for the 1st time ever in the fall again by 1 goal.. . They are losses all the same .Time for these LI girls to return to run and gun and have some fun. Time to go to work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone on LI beaten them?

This team was definitely beatable last summer but CR plugged the holes with fresh talent. They struggled on the draw and turned the ball over way too much. I would expect to see a big turnaround next summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure you mean M&D. MD United has never beaten YJ.

Since last summer, YJ has lost to M&D 3 times, Skywalkers twice, Stars and Heros. With zero wins against any of them. Maybe they should stay on the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since last summer, YJ has lost to M&D 3 times, Skywalkers twice, Stars and Heros. With zero wins against any of them. Maybe they should stay on the island.

Obsessive, creepy that you know so much about a team your daughter is obviously not on. Or maybe jealous, whatever drives you, it is not healthy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Almost accurate , YJ beat Heros in the summer the week before Heros beat M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obsessive, creepy that you know so much about a team your daughter is obviously not on. Or maybe jealous, whatever drives you, it is not healthy.

Far cry from trading wins unless of course we count fourth grade!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe your are just a sore loser who thinks he daughters team is better than it is. The word is mediocre, deal with it

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would i be jealous? My daughter plays on one of the MD teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, then we can leave jealous off the list, so you are merely obsessive and creepy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, then we can leave jealous off the list, so you are merely obsessive and creepy.

Why? Because lax is being discussed on a lax forum? If you can't handle that you should step away from the computer. Something is said that you don't agree with and you get all defensive. Typical LI parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? Heros has never beaten M&D. Ever. M&D has lost 1 game in last 2 years and it was this fall to Skywalkers in a final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? Heros has never beaten M&D. Ever. M&D has lost 1 game in last 2 years and it was this fall to Skywalkers in a final.

You are not an M&D parent obviously, or have a selective memory.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow. what a bunch of drivel. MD parents......go eat a crab cake because nobody cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are not an M&D parent obviously, or have a selective memory.

I don't have a selective memory. Please feel free to tell me when Heros beat M&D. It's never happened. They tied at Lax for the Cure 2 summers ago when Heros goalie was absolutely amazing. M&D has won every other game. Even this fall when Heros had big leads in first half twice.

Only 3 2021 teams have ever beaten M&D. And only once in a full game when YJ beat them 2 years ago. MD United and Skywalkers both beat them in 25 minute finals. Sorry Heros dad. I know Henry's life will not be fulfilled until they win, but it's never happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow. what a bunch of drivel. MD parents......go eat a crab cake because nobody cares.

Is it drivel because YJ isn't in the same league as the MD teams? If you're not the center of attention the lax talk shouldn't go on? Give me a break and get back to practice so you be in the discussion with the best teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Hero's goalie's so amazing then how come they always lose to M&D with big leads, sounds like she can't play a full game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a less argumentative topic, are many of your daughters attending camps at colleges this week and in the summer with an eye towards recruiting or do you think it is too early. Obviously going to a camp can be for fun but my question is specifically recruiting-related. Now back to you r fighting...):

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The goalie for Heros will go to a top 5 school. If you disagree, then you are a disgruntled B team parent or someone stirring up trouble. Either way get over it. She only plays a half because that's what they do. Bring two goalies along. Not about beating mnd but doing what's best for the girls. My kid is happy to b on the second best lacrosse team in this age group. And likes a lot of the mnd girls she competes against in many sports other than lax.

Don't go to camps unless you are specifically invited. Save the $$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not necessarily true about attending camps if your not invited. This is not a brag btw. My kid went to several college camps and was spotted. Dialogue followed with club/coaches. Not every one but several. we had our club dir. send a message in advance to keep an eye out for her. It depends on your kids level of play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not necessarily true about attending camps if your not invited. This is not a brag btw. My kid went to several college camps and was spotted. Dialogue followed with club/coaches. Not every one but several. we had our club dir. send a message in advance to keep an eye out for her. It depends on your kids level of play.

Agree. Always best for the player to email coaches in advance of camp, send film if she has it (some coaches will watch film, some not so much but can't hurt) and have club coach reach out on behalf of player. But I do think good players have a shot at being noticed at college camps and clinics even if not specifically invited - can be worth the cost and time for a school that seems like a great. Not trying to be harsh, but there are always girls at these camps and clinics who aren't close to having the skills needed to ever be recruited by the host school. Parents and players need to be realistic about college options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The goalie for Heros will go to a top 5 school. If you disagree, then you are a disgruntled B team parent or someone stirring up trouble. Either way get over it. She only plays a half because that's what they do. Bring two goalies along. Not about beating mnd but doing what's best for the girls. My kid is happy to b on the second best lacrosse team in this age group. And likes a lot of the mnd girls she competes against in many sports other than lax.

If you are referring to Hero's go 4th or 5th team in country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every time I see someone say something about which club is the "best" in the country I always laugh. I always wonder what criteria you're using to make your assessment. In reality, there is no "best" team because there is no single, all-encompassing set of criteria. No true national championship tournament. Nothing. It's all personal opinion, which in this type of argument, counts for nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every time I see someone say something about which club is the "best" in the country I always laugh. I always wonder what criteria you're using to make your assessment. In reality, there is no "best" team because there is no single, all-encompassing set of criteria. No true national championship tournament. Nothing. It's all personal opinion, which in this type of argument, counts for nothing.

Actually there are many descent criteria used with the most important being head to head match ups. If you happen to not play some of the commonly accepted better teams than you have nothing to complain about when no one considers your team to be near the top. In the 2021 age group I do not think there is any question MD is the top team in this age group at this time. No I am not an Md.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know she will go to a top 5 school. There could be other 2021 goalies in NY, NJ, PA, FL, CA, CO that are better. Maybe she does not want to go to a top 5 school...Stop be so presumptuous of an 8th grader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are absolutely right.. Top Guns is the best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually there are many descent criteria used with the most important being head to head match ups. If you happen to not play some of the commonly accepted better teams than you have nothing to complain about when no one considers your team to be near the top. In the 2021 age group I do not think there is any question MD is the top team in this age group at this time. No I am not an Md.

What does being the best really count for? Who decides who's the best, and what point does it prove? At the present time, there is NO WAY to determine which club team is the "best". There is no across-the-board system to rate teams. Since they do not all play head-to-head any ranking is pointless. My thought is that the "best" is determined by asking the girls who played and then went on and played in college. If they had a good time with their club, learned how to be good team mates and better players and then were able to parlay that into a reduced tuition in the college of their choice, then THAT is what makes a club team the "best" in my opinion. And, by that rating system, there are many, many, many "best" club teams...not just one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a freshman on a mid-major D1 team. She absolutely thinks her experience on her club was the best. She loved her time playing with them and wouldn't trade it for anything. That's what the "best" means to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more . Try to size your kid up against the competition any chance you can and be realistic. They need to do things that will make them stand out from the pack and sometimes that can be just doing the fundamentals better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This guy just nailed it! Excellent points!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone receive a UA 150 invite today ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Hero's goalie's so amazing then how come they always lose to M&D with big leads, sounds like she can't play a full game

They have two goalies who split time. One is amazing, the other not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8pm tonight, emails go out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter got hers yesterday. The top players have already received invites. The lower tier invites start going out tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter got hers yesterday. The top players have already received invites. The lower tier invites start going out tonight.

[lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it would be so great to know who posted that. I would forward and that would take care of that. you are some [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[lacrosse]

He's full of sh*t. ALL invites go out at 8pm est.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha I bet it's somebody just yanking your chain

Page 28 of 44 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard