BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 273 of 327 1 2 271 272 273 274 275 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your daughter must have played defense. You're very good at it too.

What's your beef with that particular program. Clearly you have a problem with it. is it jealousy? Seems strange that you have a low d1 player (which equates to D3 of course) who very likely is not at as strong an academic institution as NU, since very few in the bottom of D1 r. Why do you lash out? I have a D3 daughter whom I'm very proud of. She's at a great school, having a great time and playing some fun, competitive lax. She and I both have fun following a friend of hers who is on the Northwestern team currently. I root for her as I root for my daughter. They had different opportunities and are both really enjoying their experiences. I'm not jealous of the Northwestern girl. She's a great kid and a great lacrosse player. And whether she wins a National Championship or not, she is playing at a far higher level than my D3 daughter, and that is ok. Why do t you name your daughter's team, and we will analyze all the wonderful attributes of that situation. You know, whether it's in a good location, has any talent, whether the girls get a good education etc. you're quick to denigrate others, why don't you put it out there? I'm guessing LIU Brooklyn. Probably pissed that the best player by far from your team transferred to NU last year. Canadian who didn't know what was what until she saw the light?
You must be pissed that a girl from lowly L.I.U. Brooklyn came in and pushed your daughter furtherdown the bench stealing any chance of her seeing the field. At least you get to say "my daughter practices with NU"

Why you on a YJ thread? Your daughter didn't play for them. Back to YJ drama please!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes i do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my kid declines to register for her spot on YJ will she never be allowed to attend a good college someday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my kid declines to register for her spot on YJ will she never be allowed to attend a good college someday?

That's what cr would like you to believe. However, college coaches are now more informed about the cr/yj way of doing business and are dealing with it accordingly. As was stated sometime earlier, the demise of yj is imminent. More to follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Declining a spot on 4,5 or 6th team is never held agaisnt you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what cr would like you to believe. However, college coaches are now more informed about the cr/yj way of doing business and are dealing with it accordingly. As was stated sometime earlier, the demise of yj is imminent. More to follow.

"Dealing with it accordingly"? Like recruiting them? Jackass!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is sends just a handful of girls to good colleges anyway. If you want good colleges, try Liberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is sends just a handful of girls to good colleges anyway. If you want good colleges, try Liberty.

So now we have Liberty parent trolls on here also, not just TG parents?
Nobody sends your kid to a good college troll, your child earns it through hard work in school and on the field. If your kid does well in school and can play, they are going to school where their grades and play take them. Not their travel team. YJ, TG or Liberty will get them the looks, the kids effort in class and on the field will place them.
Stop trolling other team's sites and stop being bitter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why post such nonsense, I am not YJ or Liberty parent but a quick look at their commitment pages proves you wrong. 2018 and below Liberty has about 7-8 kids going to US News top 30 schools while YJ has over 30. Also seems to me that many of those Liberty kids would be attending those schools with or without lax as in they have the money to do it .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why post such nonsense, I am not YJ or Liberty parent but a quick look at their commitment pages proves you wrong. 2018 and below Liberty has about 7-8 kids going to US News top 30 schools while YJ has over 30. Also seems to me that many of those Liberty kids would be attending those schools with or without lax as in they have the money to do it .

Money to do it? You have to get in. It's about being good students and having good lax skills.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, yj place almost 100% of kids but many are at low ranked programs. The YJ's from our town have never cracked a top 75 lax program but sing the virtues of the program. Good for everyone I guess

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who bases their child's college selection on the women's lacrosse rankings? Who cares? Pick the best college for your child and her future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, yj place almost 100% of kids but many are at low ranked programs. The YJ's from our town have never cracked a top 75 lax program but sing the virtues of the program. Good for everyone I guess

Low ranked academically particularly. Is what it is. I'd say focus on academics. Makes the recruiting process much easier. Opens up many more opportunities at great schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who bases their child's college selection on the women's lacrosse rankings? Who cares? Pick the best college for your child and her future.

I agree 100%! But, my guess is...yj people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR would recommend you play on the moon if she thought it was good for her program. YJ parents want it both ways, we all suck if we don't ply YJ but then make excuses when their Shannon's end up playing at some low ranked lax program with crappy academics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR would recommend you play on the moon if she thought it was good for her program. YJ parents want it both ways, we all suck if we don't ply YJ but then make excuses when their Shannon's end up playing at some low ranked lax program with crappy academics

cr's main concern is...money, and there are more than enough suckers that believe the hype to keep him swimming in their cash for years to come. he'll be vacationing on a tropical island soon with their cash and they'll be left with nothing more than a uniform. It's coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good point . That's exactly how it works. Clubs give your kid the stage. It's up to your daughter to perform on the field and in the classroom! Period ! End of story!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cr's main concern is...money, and there are more than enough suckers that believe the hype to keep him swimming in their cash for years to come. he'll be vacationing on a tropical island soon with their cash and they'll be left with nothing more than a uniform. It's coming.

Yet you do desperately want a spot on the top team and if offered would jump in a heartbeat! But don't fret you are in good company. No other club on LI gets anywhere near the hatred and the crap spewed about them. That tells me they are relevant otherwise nobody would care.
Continue on.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet you do desperately want a spot on the top team and if offered would jump in a heartbeat! But don't fret you are in good company. No other club on LI gets anywhere near the hatred and the crap spewed about them. That tells me they are relevant otherwise nobody would care.
Continue on.....

You couldn't be more wrong! Funny that you think other people are as simple as yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good academic schools are filled with Baltimore and NE Private School girls. Club affiliation means little as these schools are looking for girls scoring 1350 and higher on the SAT with at least a 3.6 GPA. You get those scores and you can play congratulations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid loves lacrosse and dreams of being on a national championship team then it should be part of the equation. If not then not so much.What I find so amusing is that the so called lacrosse schools you all want to bash such as UNC, Maryland are excellent academic schools and are extremely difficult to get into from out of state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC difficult. Maryland??? not exactly a reach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid loves lacrosse and dreams of being on a national championship team then it should be part of the equation. If not then not so much.What I find so amusing is that the so called lacrosse schools you all want to bash such as UNC, Maryland are excellent academic schools and are extremely difficult to get into from out of state.

Maryland is not hard to get into, average academic school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The admissions criteria for both UNC and MD are almost identical. Maryland takes more students and more out of state students.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Continue on.....

You couldn't be more wrong! Funny that you think other people are as simple as yourself.

What's funny is nobody believes you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The admissions criteria for both UNC and MD are almost identical. Maryland takes more students and more out of state students.

You are way wrong:

UNC= top 30 school, most selective, accept 30%

MD= top 60, more selective, accepts 45%

You are comparing apples to oranges, very different level schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Continue on.....

What's funny is nobody believes you!

Sorry pal.... he is 100% correct. Also the hatred spewed is directed at the few idiots on yj like yourself. Most families on yj are extremely nice people. Keep running your kid around at 13 yrs old looking for a commitment. You are the only one who cares. Other people will let the coaches they contacted see if the kid can play... and save a couple grand in the process. Haha I said [process] am I the only one who feels that the process is kind of ridiculous. No contact. Ahem... sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In our town the YJ girls only pass to YJ girls and their parents approve of it. Meanwhile year after year none of them go to any school ranked academically or lacrosse wise higher than about 75. Nothing too special. Pass the ball and try to get along

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In our town the YJ girls only pass to YJ girls and their parents approve of it. Meanwhile year after year none of them go to any school ranked academically or lacrosse wise higher than about 75. Nothing too special. Pass the ball and try to get along

What town is this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on. It's not even close. Maryland is way easier to get into than UNC from out of state. And UNC is easier to get into for anybody relative to a top 15 school academically. Having said that, I admire all of these girls. They work hard, have goals, and are achieving great things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Continue on.....

I hate CR and my daughter is a starter that plays significant minutes on a blue team. Hate is even too soft of a word. More like I wouldn't [lacrosse] on her if she was on fire.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

Continue on.....

I hate CR and my daughter is a starter that plays significant minutes on a blue team. Hate is even too soft of a word. More like I wouldn't [lacrosse] on her if she was on fire.

I would [lacrosse] on Carol Rose even if she wasn't on fire...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Continue on.....

With all the other options out there why on earth do you stay if that's how you feel?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town is this?

Could it be your town? Don't like hearing it? We aren't idiots and neither are you. Own it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tg gets a lot of hatred as well. close second

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Continue on.....

With all the other options out there why on earth do you stay if that's how you feel?

My daughter likes her teammates and coach. She's having fun and that's more important to me than my dislike of the program director. I stay away from her. We don't need to be friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Continue on.....

Merry Christmas Losers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town is this?

Could it be your town? Don't like hearing it? We aren't idiots and neither are you. Own it

Actually not, girls in our town go to top acedemic institutions. Girls also play for multiple travel clubs and that doesn't seem to be a problem either. Was more curious based on the poster statement regarding the schools. If you feel the need to make a comment back it up. It's easy enough to look at the YJ commits over the years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Continue on.....

Because the next option is a giant step down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Continue on.....

Continue on.....

Why is it a step down?
Are they the only game in town?
Only place that provides out standing training all season?
You stay because your afraid...silly boys and girls....my experience is very different in our club...smaller and quality off season work being dine

Like Reply Quote
Page 273 of 327 1 2 271 272 273 274 275 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard