BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 37 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't see BL 2023 on the NXT spring league site? You guys playing?

Teams so far in the league

Sons
Freedom
NXT
Black Storm
Team11
Tristate
PA RR
Uprising

NO Mesa this year

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you basing that on, your vitriole is pitiful and unsubstantiated. As long as you are going to be a jerk about it I am guessing our 5th grade team can beat your 6th team so why would we bring 7th graders when 5th graders would do the trick.

In the infamous words of Jack Nicholson our 7th graders would rather be out "birddogging chicks and banging beaver" over the Christmas break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eagle is Tri-States Box Program

Thanks. That's a reputable program. At least we know they will be the correct age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course we are cheating couldn't be that we are just simply better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you basing that on, your vitriole is pitiful and unsubstantiated. As long as you are going to be a jerk about it I am guessing our 5th grade team can beat your 6th team so why would we bring 7th graders when 5th graders would do the trick.

In the infamous words of Jack Nicholson our 7th graders would rather be out "birddogging chicks and banging beaver" over the Christmas break.

Strange thing to say about 12 year old boys... or in your case, 13 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See, that's the problem. When you cheat even once, you'll never be considered legit again. Ever. It doesn't matter if every game from that point on is on the up and up, when some of your parents didn't get the memo to be quiet about your older boys, word spreads really quickly. I can understand your anger. You want everyone to think your kid is the greatest because he plays on a good team (or at least a team with 2 good players). But, now no one takes that team seriously. Trust me, your team isn't the first and it likely won't be the last. You would think that after what happened with Sons a few years ago that people would stop with the nonsense, but unfortunately, this show gets replayed every season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See, that's the problem. When you cheat even once, you'll never be considered legit again. Ever. It doesn't matter if every game from that point on is on the up and up, when some of your parents didn't get the memo to be quiet about your older boys, word spreads really quickly. I can understand your anger. You want everyone to think your kid is the greatest because he plays on a good team (or at least a team with 2 good players). But, now no one takes that team seriously. Trust me, your team isn't the first and it likely won't be the last. You would think that after what happened with Sons a few years ago that people would stop with the nonsense, but unfortunately, this show gets replayed every season.

Funny you throw these things out here like BL has actually cheated? If so when and where? No one ever said the team didn't have kids born before 9/1, but they are all still in 6th grade and [lacrosse] the goalie is only in 5th. Freedom 22 is loaded with kids born before 9/1/03 are they cheating every time they go out and play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"See, that's the problem. When you cheat even once, you'll never be considered legit again. Ever. It doesn't matter if every game from that point on is on the up and up, when some of your parents didn't get the memo to be quiet about your older boys, word spreads really quickly. I can understand your anger. You want everyone to think your kid is the greatest because he plays on a good team (or at least a team with 2 good players). But, now no one takes that team seriously. Trust me, your team isn't the first and it likely won't be the last. You would think that after what happened with Sons a few years ago that people would stop with the nonsense, but unfortunately, this show gets replayed every season."

Well, people really can suck. Insulting all but two boys on a team because adults allegedly "cheated", maybe once. The fact is, there are a lot of great lacrosse players on the team and even better young men, my son included. An idea, let's stop insulting the kids and stick to treating the adults like a-holes. For any kid reading this, if you're being discussed in this forum, you're likely a good lacrosse player and a good kid. Don't waste your time reading this stuff. Go have a toss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude nobody cares about your words only validation that BL is still on top because nobody criticizes the bottom feeders such as your team. 90% of the Long Island Maryland board is the same, they spend the majority of the time bithcing bout the best teams and accusing them of cheating.

There are two kinds of losers in this world.

1. The loser that takes the experience as an opportunity to improve and looks at themselves in the mirror re-evaluates and accepts accountabilty.

2. The loser that blames everyone else and never looks at themselves in the mirror. Someone else: cheated, jumped the gun, was overage, referees weren't fair. etc.

Trust me BL kids used to get their asses kicked by every community team and club around. I remember when alot of the same kids went to Liberty 6 years ago and got their asses handed to them by a Harley Team that had no business being in the B Bracket. I remember thd coach who went on to start Brotherly Love after that game. Telling the kids you lost 12-1 today but two years from now we are coming back and winning this tournament. He was righ they did come back and won it several years in a row. Ironically, everyone accusd them of cheating back then because they started smoking teams. Just human nature.

He didn't complain about Harley playing down, he didn't complain about the refs, or [lacrosse] to the tournament directors. No, those kids went on to practice, improve, change their technique and that nuclues is now the backbone of the club. Ironically, they also smoked Harley this past year or what is left of it.

The only thing that remains is for you to decide what kind of loser you are. You are obviously losing as your bitternes is apparent. Look at your self in the mirro and ask yourslef what can we do to improve. Just try it you might be surprised at the results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"See, that's the problem. When you cheat even once, you'll never be considered legit again. Ever. It doesn't matter if every game from that point on is on the up and up, when some of your parents didn't get the memo to be quiet about your older boys, word spreads really quickly. I can understand your anger. You want everyone to think your kid is the greatest because he plays on a good team (or at least a team with 2 good players). But, now no one takes that team seriously. Trust me, your team isn't the first and it likely won't be the last. You would think that after what happened with Sons a few years ago that people would stop with the nonsense, but unfortunately, this show gets replayed every season."

Well, people really can suck. Insulting all but two boys on a team because adults allegedly "cheated", maybe once. The fact is, there are a lot of great lacrosse players on the team and even better young men, my son included. An idea, let's stop insulting the kids and stick to treating the adults like a-holes. For any kid reading this, if you're being discussed in this forum, you're likely a good lacrosse player and a good kid. Don't waste your time reading this stuff. Go have a toss.

It only takes one time to be labeled a cheater. They won't shake it. Most team don't just cheat once either.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But for you forever a loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eagle is Tri-States Box Program

Thanks. That's a reputable program. At least we know they will be the correct age.

Based upon my sleuthing since you seem to like bashing BL in obscurity and your interest in BL and the Fusion Toutnament your kid can only play for one of two possible teams since the rest are all out of state. Fusion or Team 11 and they both are really bad. Looking forward to kicking your [lacrosse] next week. Why don't you come over and introduce yourself. We can show you some report cards as well. What a horses [lacrosse] give me a break your a loser good coaching and leadership at those two programs but they cannot compete both are C level teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It only takes one time to be labeled a cheater. They won't shake it. Most team don't just cheat once either.

Still waiting to hear when they cheated? AX

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude nobody cares about your words only validation that BL is still on top because nobody criticizes the bottom feeders such as your team. 90% of the Long Island Maryland board is the same, they spend the majority of the time bithcing bout the best teams and accusing them of cheating.

There are two kinds of losers in this world.

1. The loser that takes the experience as an opportunity to improve and looks at themselves in the mirror re-evaluates and accepts accountabilty.

2. The loser that blames everyone else and never looks at themselves in the mirror. Someone else: cheated, jumped the gun, was overage, referees weren't fair. etc.

Trust me BL kids used to get their asses kicked by every community team and club around. I remember when alot of the same kids went to Liberty 6 years ago and got their asses handed to them by a Harley Team that had no business being in the B Bracket. I remember thd coach who went on to start Brotherly Love after that game. Telling the kids you lost 12-1 today but two years from now we are coming back and winning this tournament. He was righ they did come back and won it several years in a row. Ironically, everyone accusd them of cheating back then because they started smoking teams. Just human nature.

He didn't complain about Harley playing down, he didn't complain about the refs, or [lacrosse] to the tournament directors. No, those kids went on to practice, improve, change their technique and that nuclues is now the backbone of the club. Ironically, they also smoked Harley this past year or what is left of it.

The only thing that remains is for you to decide what kind of loser you are. You are obviously losing as your bitternes is apparent. Look at your self in the mirro and ask yourslef what can we do to improve. Just try it you might be surprised at the results.

Very touching story. I almost believe it. By the way, you remember scores from 6 years ago? I think that prohibits you from calling anyone a loser, psycho. Also, these boys changed up their games in kindergarten? Most kids don't start in kindergarten, they start in 2nd grade st the earliest. That would make them 2 years older than most 2023's. Thanks for proving my point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team has older players, that is how you win. Since you are some lax genius you should know all it takes is 2 to 3 better players and you can win tournaments. If its such a great TEAM, why do some kids play 5 minutes a game? Your coach runs around recruiting, yes the older better kids. Have seen it for myself. If you are still that mad about losing to Harley club 6 years ago, please go get your head examined. You are not team 91 will never be team 91 so get on with thinking you are. Have fun in Denver!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually you are so wrong, now I know why your kid can't compete cause he didn't start playing the game until 2nd grade. Have you ever heard of U7 every team in the CCLA has a U7 program. U7 stands fo UNDER 7 thus you have to be 4,5,6 years of age. Most of the boys playing Brotherly Love all played U7 and frankly most lacrosse families start at U7, thus they started in Kindergarten and 1st grade...sucks to be you, that explains why your kid is playing for C Caliber Club Team.

I remember the score because we only scored one goal at the very end. Perhaps the score was 13-1 maybe 14-1 irrespecitve it was alot to a little.

They did change their technique, because the coach changed his approach.

At Pumpkin Pie Fall Tournament a team from Canada came down and smoked every team, there will plenty on this forum that will remember that team. They cradled differently, shot differently, and were frankly playing a different game although we were all playing lacrosse. I even remember the one referee saying "WOW"

So another opportunity my loser friend to learn via losing....

The very same coach sat all the kids and parents down at a practice and said the following. Those Canadian kids played a different game, I want to play lacrosse like that. We are changing how we practice, what we practice, and our stick technique.

Again, didn't complaing that a team from Canada came down and played in a tournament named after an American Holiday, didn't complain that the Canadian kids were overage, that they really didn't let up and show good sportmanship....no...that loss was used as an opportunity to self evaluate, learn, and get better.

So my bitter friend, you see another example of why this club excels. They lose and they learn. Sorry that your kid started in 2nd grade thus missed 3 years of development, you need to look at yourself for that one.

So much anger from Mr. Anonymous that I am wondering if your kid got cut from BL.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the best club teams have older players take a look at Igloo Black Ice from Long Island the whole team is over age. Of course we are always looking for better players any good club is always looking. Dukes, Mesa, to name a few have all openly recruited BL players. That is part of it we aren't bitter. Nobody is mad at losing to Harley, just proving my point that you learn when you lose and get better..not [lacrosse] and moan. Damn right this team is looking to beat Team 91. We beat their Warriror Team 12-6 which is still an outstanding team but we are shooting for the Bandits. Will we win.... likely not but doesn't mean you don't still try and get better....or we oould try your approach....sit at home sucking your thumb rocking yourself to sleep and complaining about BL players stealing your players....you must be from Roughriders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember that game we played as Kennett and yes it was alot to a little I think more like 15-1 we scored one goal at the end, the poster is right, I remember cause we all cheered like it was New Years, might have even done the wave. Nobody was mad nobody cared we threw a team together and played in the B Bracket. But yes 50% of that team now plays for BL and for the most part 5,6,7 year old kids at that time. Nobody is mad at Harley, they had a nice run not sure what happened but Hannum is a great guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry, we've not met. I'm the parent of a BL player and I can't believe a situation exists where I feel compelled to defend against ridiculous, ignorant, disrespectful comments, but this is the world we live in.

I'm not sure who the haters are, which teams their sons play for or if they even have a son playing. Heck, maybe they're just people who enjoy getting a rise out of people. It's easy to hide in anonymity as you bash other teams, kids etc. Tell us who you are and if you would like our perspective on your club.

You missed the point above regarding how to take a loss and I suspect you will continue to miss the point/lesson as you are clearly not seeing the bigger picture.

I feel compelled to set the record straight, but a review of the posts on this thread shows that it has already been done, over and over and over again.

To my fellow BL parents out there, how about we leave it as it is at this point. Let's let the haters get their last words in on this topic. I don't believe their comments warrant further response at this point. We have better things to do.

Moderator, consider locking this thread after the haters respond.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually you are so wrong, now I know why your kid can't compete cause he didn't start playing the game until 2nd grade. Have you ever heard of U7 every team in the CCLA has a U7 program. U7 stands fo UNDER 7 thus you have to be 4,5,6 years of age. Most of the boys playing Brotherly Love all played U7 and frankly most lacrosse families start at U7, thus they started in Kindergarten and 1st grade...sucks to be you, that explains why your kid is playing for C Caliber Club Team.

I remember the score because we only scored one goal at the very end. Perhaps the score was 13-1 maybe 14-1 irrespecitve it was alot to a little.

At Pumpkin Pie Fall Tournament a team from Canada came down and smoked every team, there will plenty on this forum that will remember that team. They cradled differently, shot differently, and were frankly playing a different game although we were all playing lacrosse. I even remember the one referee saying "WOW"

The very same coach sat all the kids and parents down at a practice and said the following. Those Canadian kids played a different game, I want to play lacrosse like that. We are changing how we practice, what we practice, and our stick technique.

Again, didn't complaing that a team from Canada came down and played in a tournament named after an American Holiday, didn't complain that the Canadian kids were overage, that they really didn't let up and show good sportmanship....no...that loss was used as an opportunity to self evaluate, learn, and get better.

So my bitter friend, you see another example of why this club excels. They lose and they learn. Sorry that your kid started in 2nd grade thus missed 3 years of development, you need to look at yourself for that one.

So much anger from Mr. Anonymous that I am wondering if your kid got cut from BL.....

Thin skin huh? I don't know which of the 2 of you are worse. He's accusing you of something that can't be proved, you just take the bait and cite kindergarten lax. Philly, you still have time to keep your forum from the long island/Maryland level of ridiculousness. Pump the brakes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, my son is terrible because I didn't force him into travel lacrosse when he was 4 or 5. You nailed it. And your team is the best because you did. Wait, that's not right. Your team is not the best. You are a complete lunatic for remembering 5 year old lacrosse scores (and clearly you're not alone). Spin this any way you want. You bring in older kids to win tournaments. Without your guest players you have an average team. Glad you started at 4. That's awesome. You must be so proud and impress the [lacrosse] out of all of your co-workers. Loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently that doesn't happen since, according to you nutjobs, all of the diaper-clad 4 year olds who modified their game 7 years ago are still on the team. Good thing they're not still playing the way they did as 2 and 3 year olds... that would surely have been disastrous! They may never have beaten Harleys! LOL! Oh, and so good of you not to complain when 5 and 6 year olds beat your 4 and 5 year olds back then. How very magnanimous of you! Hahahahaha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny you throw these things out here like BL has actually cheated? If so when and where? No one ever said the team didn't have kids born before 9/1, but they are all still in 6th grade and [lacrosse] the goalie is only in 5th. Freedom 22 is loaded with kids born before 9/1/03 are they cheating every time they go out and play?

Freedom 22 is stacked w older kids. That's a lot to do with their success at this level.
Are they cheating? Nope.
Would that team be decimated if things went to an age based model? Absolutely.
This is why they can't field a team for WSYL.
As it stands, we are in a grade based world. The future, however, is age based.
Then, little Johnny will be forced to play w kids his own age. Won't that be a blow to daddy's ego. Can't wait to watch it all unravel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Freedom 22 is stacked w older kids. That's a lot to do with their success at this level.
Are they cheating? Nope.
Would that team be decimated if things went to an age based model? Absolutely.
This is why they can't field a team for WSYL.
As it stands, we are in a grade based world. The future, however, is age based.
Then, little Johnny will be forced to play w kids his own age. Won't that be a blow to daddy's ego. Can't wait to watch it all unravel.

As a parent with a kid born after 9/1 going age based would be great, but it will never happen. There is way too much money in travel lacrosse for them to ever make the change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, my son is terrible because I didn't force him into travel lacrosse when he was 4 or 5. You nailed it. And your team is the best because you did. Wait, that's not right. Your team is not the best. You are a complete lunatic for remembering 5 year old lacrosse scores (and clearly you're not alone). Spin this any way you want. You bring in older kids to win tournaments. Without your guest players you have an average team. Glad you started at 4. That's awesome. You must be so proud and impress the [lacrosse] out of all of your co-workers. Loser.

No yours son is likely terrible because of geneatics. You were the one trying to do the mathematic gymastics and fell off the bar when trying to prove your point. I am beginning to suspect who you are, keep it coming. If I am right your son was cut, you bragged about how good a player you once were, we talked to someone that said you never got off the bench, and you begged for your son to be on the team becuase of "late bloomers" the leadership said no and you went on an email rampage for weeks...Got ya.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have a horse in the race here and don't understand the hatred. I am more amazed at how much free time people have duringt the work day. I am clearly in the wrong line of work. But here is my two cents.

1. Clearly at 2023 and 2024 BL is the cream of the crop locally in the Philly area. Beyond that -0- which means that you have two good teams. Not sure if that is worth bragging about as a club. Get 5/6 elite teams and you have something.

2. If you are going to accuse someone of cheating you need more than conjecture and accusations. In the legal profession, if the facts are not on your side, then just talk LOUDLY. My friend that is accusing BL of cheating you need facts because you are just talking LOUDLY at this point and at this point you are looking pettty and trivial.

3. Philly Club Lacrosse is on the rise and that is a good thing. We need to all get along. Merry Christmas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Guy accusing BL of cheating you still haven't said what team your kid plays for was the other poster correct either Fusion or Team 11?. Nobody is asking your name but if you can't even represent your club and be proud of it and which one it is on this board you need to bugger off cause your a [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can 2024 Bl beat dukes national 2024? Trying to figure out if it's worth going to the dukes mini camp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never played them our 2023 team played Dukes Nationals at NXT Harvest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can 2024 Bl beat dukes national 2024? Trying to figure out if it's worth going to the dukes mini camp

Yes....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes what? Worth playing or BL 2024 is better than dukes nationals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Freedom 22 is stacked w older kids" so they must be the 4 kids that BL brings in to try to win games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Guy accusing BL of cheating you still haven't said what team your kid plays for was the other poster correct either Fusion or Team 11?. Nobody is asking your name but if you can't even represent your club and be proud of it and which one it is on this board you need to bugger off cause your a [lacrosse].

My name is Jason. I don't have a club to represent, thus I have nothing to be proud of (except for my son). I'm an adult. I don't play youth lacrosse. My son plays for neither of the teams you mention. And if you're going to call me a [lacrosse], please be grammatically correct. "You're a [lacrosse]". See the difference? Now hurry up and finish collecting the trash in my neighborhood and beat it. We don't like morons like you around here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah right get a life "Jason" your a loser still won't name your club that your son plays for. Makes you more of a nerd correcting on a message board scram before I take your lunch money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So BL folks get on here and say don't bash us we are so great but reading this thread they (coach?, director?, and parents?) have all bashed fusion, team 11, roughriders, freedom, and Harley club, to name a few. No wonder people keep getting on here and bash you...Hey Jason, Merry Christmas!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Freedom 22 is stacked w older kids" so they must be the 4 kids that BL brings in to try to win games.

Those kids play part time with the 2022 team yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Part time does this mean help win a tourney or 2 so that the parents and kids don't leave for another club?. Should we call you Brotherly Freedom???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So BL folks get on here and say don't bash us we are so great but reading this thread they (coach?, director?, and parents?) have all bashed fusion, team 11, roughriders, freedom, and Harley club, to name a few. No wonder people keep getting on here and bash you...Hey Jason, Merry Christmas!

This.

The respect for the BL coaches and kids for what they have accomplished is being offset by this parent (S) who feels the need to bash other clubs because someone is trolling them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah right get a life "Jason" your a loser still won't name your club that your son plays for. Makes you more of a nerd correcting on a message board scram before I take your lunch money

Good one. *you're a loser. I truly hope that you encourage your son to pick up a book more often than you have. The ability to write correctly and communicate effectively far surpasses the need to play lacrosse well. Seriously, you write like one the 4 year old boys that started playing lacrosse for BL 7 years ago.

The team that my son plays for is irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cause they suck

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 37 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 36 37
Quick Reply