BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 313 1 2 3 4 5 6 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Calvert Hall will not finish top 3 in MIAA. Lots of talent but CHC Kelly curse/favor play will do them in.

McDonough - best 9th grade class
Loyola - 3rd best 9th grade class
BL
CHC - 2nd best 9th grade class
St.Pauls
Gilman - 4th best 9th grade class
Severn

Agree that Calvert Hall potentially has a mess on their hands. Maintaining peace and avoiding dissension will take tremendous effort.

McDonough will be the dominant team in the MIAA going forward. Everyone else is playing for second place.

Gilman will be greatly improved, especially if some of the 9th graders are allowed to play on varsity.
MSJ

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Calvert Hall will not finish top 3 in MIAA. Lots of talent but CHC Kelly curse/favor play will do them in.

BL
St.Pauls
Severn
MSJ

Not even close. CHC's Freshman class blows others away. Gilman with 2nd best class coming in. Heavy on D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The school with most reclassed kids has the best Freshman class. A good portion of those kids should be in the 10th or 11th grade. What a joke...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Calvert Hall will not finish top 3 in MIAA. Lots of talent but CHC Kelly curse/favor play will do them in.

BL
St.Pauls
Severn
MSJ

Not even close. CHC's Freshman class blows others away. Gilman with 2nd best class coming in. Heavy on D

Says the proud CHC dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any incoming freshman that don't play on varsity or see much time will transfer (though there is no other cheap option in MIAA)...too many promises, all freshman have too high expectations.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy the best team in Anne Arundel County is Severn. St. marys is down this year, Spalding is well...Spalding, and they blew out the state champs last year 15-6.

Spalding best win is a public school....lol. What was their record in conference play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy the best team in Anne Arundel County is Severn. St. marys is down this year, Spalding is well...Spalding, and they blew out the state champs last year 15-6.

Spalding best win is a public school....lol. What was their record in conference play?

Spalding has won grand total of three A conference games in the past three years and one of these was by forfeit. When you include the forfeit W, they are 3-25 in conference over that period. Historic trajectory from previous years is equally sad.

As a AA County lacrosse fan, I think it is great some of the current dads are enthusiastic about the 2017 and I wish them luck. Pumping the team up on an anonymous message board is fun but let's see that "potential" win a few meaningful games. Spalding dads should come back once they start logging some W's and tell us "I told you so"...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any incoming freshman that don't play on varsity or see much time will transfer (though there is no other cheap option in MIAA)...too many promises, all freshman have too high expectations.

Transfer to where? In many cases, they have been promised $ in addition to playing time. In Baltimore, the only school with open roster spots in 9th grade is BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL
St.Pauls
Severn
MSJ

Says the FCA dad ... goalie's dad is my guess...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It comes down to playing time...parents will chase the dream of Div 1 scholarship...you don't get that running 3rd line midfield at Calvert Hall (though many passed over at CHC have gotten chanced in college).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't u ask that CHC top freshmen how those promises worked out for him on the football field. Eventually all the holding back catches up and then u gotta play kids bigger, stronger, and faster. He is non factor on football team and that's on a weak team. And he's not a freshman. He's a sophomore pretending to be a freshman. The other true sophomore QB at CHC ran circles around him. Welcome to big boy ball. Daddy can only negotiate your playing time for so long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Story about that, I meant that Severn blew out the state champs last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why don't u ask that CHC top freshmen how those promises worked out for him on the football field. Eventually all the holding back catches up and then u gotta play kids bigger, stronger, and faster. He is non factor on football team and that's on a weak team. And he's not a freshman. He's a sophomore pretending to be a freshman. The other true sophomore QB at CHC ran circles around him. Welcome to big boy ball. Daddy can only negotiate your playing time for so long.

Ah the frustrated BL crowd raises its ugly head. Happens about every 3 weeks. Its been amusing watching you try to bash a kid who's done nothing to anybody. Probably been a good teammate to your kid, when he should of just trucked him. He's ignored drivel from wannabe's like you and your crowd for ever. Its how you know your doing something right when the [lacrosse] ant never going to make it crowd starts anonymous smear campaign. Love it, keep it coming. Maybe someday someone will care where your kid plays or what he does on the field...if he ever gets on the field. On second thought, they probably won't. #wannabedad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why don't u ask that CHC top freshmen how those promises worked out for him on the football field. Eventually all the holding back catches up and then u gotta play kids bigger, stronger, and faster. He is non factor on football team and that's on a weak team. And he's not a freshman. He's a sophomore pretending to be a freshman. The other true sophomore QB at CHC ran circles around him. Welcome to big boy ball. Daddy can only negotiate your playing time for so long.

Ah the frustrated BL crowd raises its ugly head. Happens about every 3 weeks. Its been amusing watching you try to bash a kid who's done nothing to anybody. Probably been a good teammate to your kid, when he should of just trucked him. He's ignored drivel from wannabe's like you and your crowd for ever. Its how you know your doing something right when the [lacrosse] ant never going to make it crowd starts anonymous smear campaign. Love it, keep it coming. Maybe someday someone will care where your kid plays or what he does on the field...if he ever gets on the field. On second thought, they probably won't. #wannabedad
. My my, could this be the bald daddy of the former Crab middie, you know, the one that posts "getting ready to throw the rusty gate", "turn and rip" and los of other such BS. If it is, remember, your kid should be a sophomore but instead he is a freshman and was way in over his head on the varsity football team. Wait for spring, same thing will happen. He is probably a good kid, big for his age but that's it, just big. He seems to be a much better person than his obnoxious father. "Call this the truth".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arrogant loudmouth father living through his 9th graders - er 10th graders athletic exploits. Needs to get a life. Shares an apartment with Fat Crab and Ty Xanders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tops in MD/DC for 2017

McDonogh
Calvert Hall
St Pauls
Landon
Gonzaga
Loyola
BL
Bullis
Paul VI
Gilman

No public can touch any of these schools this year

MIAA teams are loaded with players that should be College Freshman. They clearly have an advantage over public schools with very little should be college Freshman on their roster. That and MIAA pulls kids from anywhere and Public's are restricted to certain areas makes your statement not only this year but probably any year. For any public school to even compete against the top MIAA schools is an huge accomplishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL
St.Pauls
Severn
MSJ

Says the FCA dad ... goalie's dad is my guess...

nope, try again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, the MIAA champion, MCD, had zero freshmen on the varsity last year. They had the championship JV team. Currently, unless a freshman is going to get significant time, they don't make varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tops in MD/DC for 2017

McDonogh
Calvert Hall
St Pauls
Landon
Gonzaga
Loyola
BL
Bullis
Paul VI
Gilman

No public can touch any of these schools this year

MIAA teams are loaded with players that should be College Freshman. They clearly have an advantage over public schools with very little should be college Freshman on their roster. That and MIAA pulls kids from anywhere and Public's are restricted to certain areas makes your statement not only this year but probably any year. For any public school to even compete against the top MIAA schools is an huge accomplishment.

It happens occasionally. Hereford beat or tied MCD five years ago when MCD was in the middle of the pack in the MIAA and Hereford was a perennial State Champ. I've seen both Westminster and Severna Park get killed by MCD in early season games. Too much depth in the MIAA. Top talent at top publics could start and sometimes star anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see how these older freshman shake out on the varsity MIAA teams this year. I'll guess that unless your last name is Kelly, you won't get much/any time at CHC. Will the FLOGO get time at MCD. Will the 16 year old freshmen at Gilman see the field, after 4 years of middle school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Kelly boy's will start, arguably the younger is more talented but the elder has experience...The flogo is the starter at McD, fared well at NHSLS...Gilman will have a few freshman playing this year and they will contribute (to a sub .500 season)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see how these older freshman shake out on the varsity MIAA teams this year. I'll guess that unless your last name is Kelly, you won't get much/any time at CHC. Will the FLOGO get time at MCD. Will the 16 year old freshmen at Gilman see the field, after 4 years of middle school?

Is the 16 year old freshman at Gilman the defenseman that plays for Crabs 2020?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see very few freshmen getting any playing time on any MIAA varsity team unless they are supposed to be juniors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are my MIAA A conference rankings

Top 4 (In no order)
McDonough
Calvert Hall
Severn
Boys Latin

(Middle of the pack)
St.Pauls
MSJ
Loyola Blakefield
Gilman(Maybe,toss up if they should be lower)

Go back to B conference
St Marys
Archbishop Spalding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are my MIAA A conference rankings

Top 4 (In no order)
McDonough
Calvert Hall
Severn
Boys Latin

(Middle of the pack)
St.Pauls
MSJ
Loyola Blakefield
Gilman(Maybe,toss up if they should be lower)

Go back to B conference
St Marys
Archbishop Spalding

Do you realize you are telling the MIAA A Champion from the year before last to drop down?

Is that the new standard? Miss the playoffs one year from winning the best conference in the country and you should drop down to B?

Lilly and Phipps will make the over glorified Baltimore schools suck it up again in a the next 3 years. Count on it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well they went 1-14. I feel like it's right to tell them to drop down .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was just thinking the same thing. St, Mary's won the league in 2014 now you want to drop them to B? Not to mention they don't play the holdback game like the schools up in Baltimore. Get a clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Mary's has a lot of young / new guys. They will be back in the mix following one down year that came after a pretty convincing championship run in 2015. St. Mary's best 2020 is still 14 years old, BTW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all this nonsense. I thought the only high level lax is played on Strong Island. Merry Christmas LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These were my rankings for the 2017 lacrosse season. St Mary's will be a bottem year team this year. The "go back to b conference" was for intended humor, but they will not be "in the mix" this year. They are talented and coach Lilly will take them far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all this nonsense. I thought the only high level lax is played on Strong Island. Merry Christmas LI.

The only nonsense is your statement about high level lax played on Stink Island. Get a grip. Too bad I can't type this in a Stink Island accent. [lacrosse] [lacrosse] [lacrosse], Merry Christmas from the Md. lax powers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, you are trespassing in a Md. forum. Stay where you belong, up in Lonk Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, you are trespassing in a Md. forum. Stay where you belong, up in Lonk Island.

Shake hand with Buffy your frigid wife and warm up some crab cakes and wish you were from Strong Island. Maybe Santa will allow your kid to grow up on LI with the best Lax in country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade vs MCD. Should be a fun game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shake hand with Buffy your frigid wife and warm up some crab cakes and wish you were from Strong Island. Maybe Santa will allow your kid to grow up on LI with the best Lax in country.

Never want to be from Stink Island. Your sentence structure is horrible, much like life in Stink Island. If you saw my wife you would be envious as he*l, trust me on that one.
I did ask Santa for something but it hasn't happened yet, you are still here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island:

In the 1980s our A conference team rode the bus up there from Maryland and beatdown two of their teams within a 24 hour period. Got the h out of there after the final whistle.

29 years later drove up there with my daughter's team. They opened a can of MD whoop-[lacrosse] on the run-and-gun, stick-swinging Island girls and won a tournament at Hofstra. Got the h out of there after the final whistle.

You Long Island guys need to get off the MD message board and hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny....In the 80's my LI team went down there with Yorktown and West Genesee team and all 3 of us killed MD. They were basically scared to death to play us. They couldn't handle the physical play. Probably why all the reclassing started. Now when my son's team goes down he plays kids 1-2 years older. You MD guys need to face reality. Keep playing down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we mentioning St. Mary's and Spalding? They are arguably the worst coached teams in the conference. The real question will be can Gilman improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put your crack pipe down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know who you played but if you didn't play LB in the 80s you missed the boat. LB pretty much ran the table in the 80s (7 out of 11 SHIPs between 80-90 with 2 runner ups).

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 313 1 2 3 4 5 6 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard