BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 51 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's a phony? You're a tool!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is an age cut off at MIAA schools, so kids can't play their senior year if they are too old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Folks I can tell you first hand what it feels like to be a late bloomer and being passed over for size at this age. 9th and 10th grade so many boys grew and became men and I still was a boy. Coaches will always tell me if i only had size. They knew i had better skill and had the determination but lack of the puberty thing did hurt. I was 5'5" 125lbs. Going up against the bigger physically mature kids was a major challenge. Most of these boys stop growing at this time. I knew i had to start lifting and come into my own. By my senior year was only 5"7" 155 but was gaining confidence. So all the spots were taking by colleges, and i still wasnt getting looks. When i graduated i lifted hard started filling out and then surpassed many guys. Walked on a div 1 school the next year as a sophmore 5'9" 185 and was killing people. And became a starter and did many great things on the field. Tell your boys do not give up. But unfortunately for this sport the early bloomer gets the worm. I dont like to see kids fail but many late bloomers will be surpassed. My 2019 is just like me and it sucks. But i tell him to keep working hit the gym and good things will come with hard work. Good luck to all hope this helps someone.

Great advice, what you say is true. Told my son the same. He is still small, but growing now. His size made him work harder. He has also been on several visits to top 30 schools and has 3 solid offers and will be deciding within the next couple weeks. Good luck to all the boys. Lots of opportunities for those who persevere through the craziness. I do laugh now thinking about all the posts claiming my shorter son would not be rercruited. Clearly people have no idea what they're talking about on here.

Bigger skilled kids will get more looks. Size does matter, and you know it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's a phony? You're a tool!

If you want to believe Rudy, go ahead.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks I can tell you first hand what it feels like to be a late bloomer and being passed over for size at this age. 9th and 10th grade so many boys grew and became men and I still was a boy. Coaches will always tell me if i only had size. They knew i had better skill and had the determination but lack of the puberty thing did hurt. I was 5'5" 125lbs. Going up against the bigger physically mature kids was a major challenge. Most of these boys stop growing at this time. I knew i had to start lifting and come into my own. By my senior year was only 5"7" 155 but was gaining confidence. So all the spots were taking by colleges, and i still wasnt getting looks. When i graduated i lifted hard started filling out and then surpassed many guys. Walked on a div 1 school the next year as a sophmore 5'9" 185 and was killing people. And became a starter and did many great things on the field. Tell your boys do not give up. But unfortunately for this sport the early bloomer gets the worm. I dont like to see kids fail but many late bloomers will be surpassed. My 2019 is just like me and it sucks. But i tell him to keep working hit the gym and good things will come with hard work. Good luck to all hope this helps someone.

Great advice, what you say is true. Told my son the same. He is still small, but growing now. His size made him work harder. He has also been on several visits to top 30 schools and has 3 solid offers and will be deciding within the next couple weeks. Good luck to all the boys. Lots of opportunities for those who persevere through the craziness. I do laugh now thinking about all the posts claiming my shorter son would not be rercruited. Clearly people have no idea what they're talking about on here.

You missed the point.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You missed the point.

Who posted about your son here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't for mine!! We are thrilled with all the offers. My son will be going to a top school that he would never have been able to get into, and he is short. Wooo Hooo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bigger kid will no doubt get more looks - it's the whole reason these parents play the holdback game. However, if your kid is on age, a slow grower and can handle playing against the reclass crowd he will be better for it in the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are advantages to being short at the attack position. Easier to dodge, easier to draw penalties, and closer to ground balls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes that's right. its also great if you are fat and slow as well as short.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Noone asked you to describe yourself. But thanks for sharing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Noone asked you to describe yourself. But thanks for sharing!

hee hee, love when someone nails it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post Rudy? Why such a jerk? I will give you my name and we can meet anywhere and I will show you what this rudy can do. Your a typical [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is an age cut off at MIAA schools, so kids can't play their senior year if they are too old.

But that age is 19 on Sept 1st of their senior year...which puts them at least 1 year older and sometimes 2 years older than their peers who did not hold back. Do not think for a moment that those hold back have not done the calculations themselves. So they can be 19 for their whole senior year of high school!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post Rudy? Why such a jerk? I will give you my name and we can meet anywhere and I will show you what this rudy can do. Your a typical [lacrosse].

Rudy, Rudy....what's your name, I'll bring my full sized 2020 daughter and she will mess you up!

Anytime baby!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just saw posts on two 2020 Edge Commits who are/were on 2019 roster? Please explain. Neither looks like a freshman in high school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just saw posts on two 2020 Edge Commits who are/were on 2019 roster? Please explain. Neither looks like a freshman in high school
they both are doing a PG year after they finish High School

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow what a loser! U are no doubt a guy who never played a sport in your life now living through your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are advantages to being short at the attack position. Easier to dodge, easier to draw penalties, and closer to ground balls.

A player needs to be
Big
Fast
Smart (LAx IQ)
Smart (Grades)
Strong

or be atleast 4 out of 5 of the above..

Not Big, better be fast and off the charts strong.
Not Fast, better be big strong smart and have skills
Not smart on field better be the next UA model who runs a 4.65, puts up 225 8 times and have killer grades and skills
dont have the grades... better be an athlete who is choosing between football/basketball or lacrosse at a top Div 1 college.

but there is always a place for a player who wants to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Dr. Phil of lacrosse world!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A player needs to be
Big
Fast
Smart (LAx IQ)
Smart (Grades)
Strong

Not smart on field better be the next UA model who runs a 4.65, puts up 225 8 times and have killer grades and skills
dont have the grades... better be an athlete who is choosing between football/basketball or lacrosse at a top Div 1 college.

Not a Normal Grown Up, post a list that illustrates that you are obviously a complete tool that their kid is embarrassed to have as a parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A player needs to be
Big
Fast
Smart (LAx IQ)
Smart (Grades)
Strong

Not a Normal Grown Up, post a list that illustrates that you are obviously a complete tool that their kid is embarrassed to have as a parent.

Direct quote from coach to prospects. Who's the toll.

The guy who has the 16 year old freshman. Another conversation

Coach - How old is your son?
Dad1 - Freshman!! 🤑
Coach No, how old is he?
Dad1 - oh, 16😒
Coach - How old are your sons? 😉
Dad2&3 - both respond simultaneously 15, Sophomores 😇
Coach -🤔 😯Keep up the good job, things will change back I not here elsewhere
Dad1 😔
Dad 2&3 - 😏

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A player needs to be
Big
Fast
Smart (LAx IQ)
Smart (Grades)
Strong

Dad1 - Freshman!! 🤑
Coach No, how old is he?
Dad1 - oh, 16😒
Dad1 😔
Dad 2&3 - 😏

What is the above mess??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow what a loser! U are no doubt a guy who never played a sport in your life now living through your kids.
who are u talking to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are u talking to?

He is probably talking about himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A player needs to be
Big
Fast
Smart (LAx IQ)
Smart (Grades)
Strong

Dad1 - Freshman!! 🤑
Coach No, how old is he?
Dad1 - oh, 16😒
Dad1 😔
Dad 2&3 - 😏

What is the above mess??

The tool must have been thinking about paying a toll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I get that 90 seconds of my life back spent reading the above drivel?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No

Sad day. The man who invented the red solo cup passed away.
He had no idea how influential he was to lacrosse sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It' is also a sad day when you see parents at youth lacrosse tournaments walking around with their red Solo cups acting like their kids play for Delta House. If you can't watch a youth lacrosse game without boozing it up stay at home. No wonder lacrosse has a black eye.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, since things are quiet on the commit front, what's the current 2020 count by team? Ty isn't up to date so curious. 89+2? Sweetlax? Looney's? Crabs? Express? Sons? It's winter. . .so. ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, since things are quiet on the commit front, what's the current 2020 count by team? Ty isn't up to date so curious. 89+2? Sweetlax? Looney's? Crabs? Express? Sons? It's winter. . .so. ..

Crush, Sweetlax, Looneys, FCA have the most. They all probably also have a bunch more that aren't listed but committed to schools like Duke and certain Ivies that don't allow commitments to be announced yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would certain Ivies not allow announcements when others like Brown and Princeton do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would certain Ivies not allow announcements when others like Brown and Princeton do?

It's their policy. Some insist the kid has a full year of freshman grades. Some are waiting for 1st semester. There are currently kids verbally committed to Duke, Yale, ND,Penn and Harvard who are not alowed to go public yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush has 13 most announced some waiting to go public

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I call BS on the verbals not allowed to go public

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I call BS on the verbals not allowed to go public

Why? It's been this way for years. If you were knowledgeable in how Ivies work you would not make that statement. Princeton and Brown have allowd the early announcement but other schools have their own rules. In the past most Ivies didn't allow the announcement till Jr or even Sr year, so they are relaxing the rules a bit, but some may make the kids wait at least another year. You will see a few more announced after the 1st semester grades are in, and a bunch at the end of the year. Know of at least 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the club teams and positions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this point, it would out the commits. The decision to announce isn't easy, trust me. Almost wish we were told not to. . .wouldn't have to deal with the obnoxious uncommitted 18 & 19 parents who feel comfortable questioning our son's very rational decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS

Page 22 of 51 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard