BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 272 of 327 1 2 270 271 272 273 274 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The beginning of the end of yj, as you know it, is imminent.

"End of YJ" lol, That is a popular quote on this thread, every year, year after year, after year, after year, after year........... so is "CR is selling the club" year after year........ But nothing ever changes. Seriously, 723 pages of this thread dating back the better part of a decade, still the same predictions, to no avail. I have been at this for many, many years, long before BOTC started, every year every predicts the collapse of YJ. Yet in the last ten years all they have done is gotten stronger.

I'll give you bigger (since they stopped making cuts), but definitely not stronger.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They make cuts! When they don't have enough dads and college girls to coach a 7th team ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is a top lax school not an accomplishment if that's where your kid wants to be? Just asking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is a top lax school not an accomplishment if that's where your kid wants to be? Just asking

Because lax ends after college, and it is way more important to have a degree from a top university than to have a ring that no one cares about but you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hello all. new to this. I see grown, fat, unathletic, men with sweatshirts on with a big YJ on it??? Does the YJ stand for anything. They mostly drive 10 year old beat up cars if that helps. Thanks for your assistance. MERRY CHRISTMAS

The parents get more excited than the kids when the team store opens up. Pathetic

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ? I look at the top 20 teams from last yearand most are quite good academically?

Not bad you play for a good team and get to go,to a good school. Are you sour because Sally wasn't good enough to hand both?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because lax ends after college, and it is way more important to have a degree from a top university than to have a ring that no one cares about but you!

Totally agree and if you want to be a summer coach after college all you had to do was kiss up during your club years. You don't have to play at Northwestern or UNC. The young women trying to coach most of these teams are way over matched and easily manipulated by parents and many have played lousy college lacrosse at lousy schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern? Who's that? Oh yes that's the has been lax program in that armpit of a city in the midwest. But they have great academics!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern? Who's that? Oh yes that's the has been lax program in that armpit of a city in the midwest. But they have great academics!

Spoken like a true yj loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh no, not the Northwestern guy again!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh no, not the Northwestern mom again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I knew I could get him/her to rear its ugly head again. Hahahahah!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I knew I could get him/her to rear its ugly head again. Hahahahah!
ha ha ha ha It wasn't me that said that about Northwestern, but they are over rated. slaughtered by a real team in 2nd round after being given a gift birth into tourney, bad goalie, bad defense, one middie, weak attack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure about that.
They will be good again this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a jealous jackass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure about that.
11-10 is good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure about that.
11-10 is good?

jj is back! poor jj.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure about that.
11-10 is good?

So who does your daughter play (sit) for, since you have so much to say? Must be fun for her cheering from the bench. What a tool you are!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure about that.
11-10 is good?

So who does your daughter play (sit) for, since you have so much to say? Must be fun for her cheering from the bench. What a tool you are!

Struck a nerve...c'mon they play a really hard schedule...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure about that.
11-10 is good?

Don't waste your time. He's just a troll w nothing going right for him or his daughter. It makes him feel better to tear down others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure about that.
11-10 is good?

Don't waste your time. He's just a troll w nothing going right for him or his daughter. It makes him feel better to tear down others.
my kid plays on a low D1 that will never compete for national title, and I have no delusion that she is any better tan she really is. On the other hand, just because of that does not mean I can't have my opinion of the sport, and that opinion is that NU is over rated and was given a gift of a tourney bid with a sub par year at 11 - 10. Thay have not really added any impact players and there prospects don't look good this year, bit we'll see. Other teams played very hard schedules and did much better, but NU got a bid because of past performances, I don't think that will happen this year if things go the same this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for Marist and Monmouth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure about that.
11-10 is good?

my kid plays on a low D1 that will never compete for national title, and I have no delusion that she is any better tan she really is. On the other hand, just because of that does not mean I can't have my opinion of the sport, and that opinion is that NU is over rated and was given a gift of a tourney bid with a sub par year at 11 - 10. Thay have not really added any impact players and there prospects don't look good this year, bit we'll see. Other teams played very hard schedules and did much better, but NU got a bid because of past performances, I don't think that will happen this year if things go the same this year

Nobody said you can't have an opinion about the sport. That's not what you do tho. You instead troll with statements like "armpit of a city" and "has been lacrosse team" and "NU guy is back hahahah I knew I could bring him back out". Not sure who u r referring to w the NU guy thing but clearly you are trolling. i am a "NU guy" tho and familiar w the program and happy to debate their prospects. So, if you want to have an intelligent conversation about college lax, and in particular it seems NU because you seem to have a fascination with that program, that's great.

Lets start with your assessment of a gift tournament bid on past performances. That is not supported by the facts. The computer rankings had NU as the 8th best team in the nation at the end of the season, even after the shellacking they took at the hands of ND in the tournament (a team they beat pretty handily btw the month before). Why you wonder? Because they didn't just have a tough schedule, they had the toughest schedule in the country. If they played the average hard schedule that other teams played (say #7 SB who they beat) or Penn State (who they also beat) their record would likely be similar at 17-4 or 14-7. Then we wouldn't be having to use our brains too much to understand that they should be in the tournament.

Having said that, 11-10, even against the toughest schedule in the nation is a drop-off for a program that expects better. So let's look at this year and why they may actually be better.

They lost a couple key players to injury last year including their best two-way middie. Both are back and healthy, that will help. Their senior losses were not big. The two most important were good players, not great. They have a couple of incoming players that fill those spots nicely if need be, but more likely more experienced players will be filling those roles. What is probably not quite understood by you is that they were a young team last year. They will be back with most of their key players being more experienced.

Having said all that, I think they are a final 8 type team this year (maybe with some injury luck a final 4 team) but not a national champion team at this point. And that may be where they stay.

I also think they are highly motivated, talented kids getting a great education at one of the top universities in the country.

So having had a kid play there and graduate, I look at them with admiration, not ridicule. And thank KAH for being a great mentor for my kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your daughter must have played defense. You're very good at it too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's your beef with that particular program. Clearly you have a problem with it. is it jealousy? Seems strange that you have a low d1 player (which equates to D3 of course) who very likely is not at as strong an academic institution as NU, since very few in the bottom of D1 r. Why do you lash out? I have a D3 daughter whom I'm very proud of. She's at a great school, having a great time and playing some fun, competitive lax. She and I both have fun following a friend of hers who is on the Northwestern team currently. I root for her as I root for my daughter. They had different opportunities and are both really enjoying their experiences. I'm not jealous of the Northwestern girl. She's a great kid and a great lacrosse player. And whether she wins a National Championship or not, she is playing at a far higher level than my D3 daughter, and that is ok. Why do t you name your daughter's team, and we will analyze all the wonderful attributes of that situation. You know, whether it's in a good location, has any talent, whether the girls get a good education etc. you're quick to denigrate others, why don't you put it out there? I'm guessing LIU Brooklyn. Probably pissed that the best player by far from your team transferred to NU last year. Canadian who didn't know what was what until she saw the light?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NU dad hijacking another thread. Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's your beef with that particular program. Clearly you have a problem with it. is it jealousy? Seems strange that you have a low d1 player (which equates to D3 of course) who very likely is not at as strong an academic institution as NU, since very few in the bottom of D1 r. Why do you lash out? I have a D3 daughter whom I'm very proud of. She's at a great school, having a great time and playing some fun, competitive lax. She and I both have fun following a friend of hers who is on the Northwestern team currently. I root for her as I root for my daughter. They had different opportunities and are both really enjoying their experiences. I'm not jealous of the Northwestern girl. She's a great kid and a great lacrosse player. And whether she wins a National Championship or not, she is playing at a far higher level than my D3 daughter, and that is ok. Why do t you name your daughter's team, and we will analyze all the wonderful attributes of that situation. You know, whether it's in a good location, has any talent, whether the girls get a good education etc. you're quick to denigrate others, why don't you put it out there? I'm guessing LIU Brooklyn. Probably pissed that the best player by far from your team transferred to NU last year. Canadian who didn't know what was what until she saw the light?

Yes, I'd love to hear where the duches daughter goes also. Those who attack other programs are usually gust jealous or bitter, or maybe both. Sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said . Ridiculous ! The guy is an idiot !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I'd love to hear where the duches daughter goes also. Those who attack other programs are usually gust jealous or bitter, or maybe both. Sad

My D3 Player has a National Championship Ring does yours?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, I hope the NU young ladies' parents don't know that you are following her with such admiration. I'll bet you are dreaming of her at night. That is sick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, D3 is terrible. Low D1 is terrible. Unless you went to Northwestern in the armpit of the midwest, you're terrible. It's all VERY VERY terrible. But NU is coming back! Any day now ... any day ... you'll see!

Lax is over Dad. It's okay. Breath. Your daughter is free now. Except for the debt. She gets to keep that with the NU diploma. It's all very exciting and terrible.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Yes, D3 is terrible. Low D1 is terrible. Unless you went to Northwestern in the armpit of the midwest, you're terrible. It's all VERY VERY terrible. But NU is coming back! Any day now ... any day ... you'll see!

Lax is over Dad. It's okay. Breath. Your daughter is free now. Except for the debt. She gets to keep that with the NU diploma. It's all very exciting and terrible.

"Unless you went to Northwestern in the armpit of the midwest"

Really? You show totally stupidity, jealousy, and a lack of knowledge. It is very clear your child is not the caliber of academic and probably lacrosse quality and achievement to be accepted to Northwestern.

Northwestern is a top university. The school sits just north of Chicago in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the country. The town of Evanston is simply a great campus, and the school whose eastern campus borders Lake Michigan.

You are one dumb [lacrosse] and unfortunately your less than acceptable personality has probably infected your kid which is why Northwestern is your child's future. Clearly your child's loss. Deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure about that.
11-10 is good?

Nobody said you can't have an opinion about the sport. That's not what you do tho. You instead troll with statements like "armpit of a city" and "has been lacrosse team" and "NU guy is back hahahah I knew I could bring him back out". Not sure who u r referring to w the NU guy thing but clearly you are trolling. i am a "NU guy" tho and familiar w the program and happy to debate their prospects. So, if you want to have an intelligent conversation about college lax, and in particular it seems NU because you seem to have a fascination with that program, that's great.

Lets start with your assessment of a gift tournament bid on past performances. That is not supported by the facts. The computer rankings had NU as the 8th best team in the nation at the end of the season, even after the shellacking they took at the hands of ND in the tournament (a team they beat pretty handily btw the month before). Why you wonder? Because they didn't just have a tough schedule, they had the toughest schedule in the country. If they played the average hard schedule that other teams played (say #7 SB who they beat) or Penn State (who they also beat) their record would likely be similar at 17-4 or 14-7. Then we wouldn't be having to use our brains too much to understand that they should be in the tournament.

Having said that, 11-10, even against the toughest schedule in the nation is a drop-off for a program that expects better. So let's look at this year and why they may actually be better.

They lost a couple key players to injury last year including their best two-way middie. Both are back and healthy, that will help. Their senior losses were not big. The two most important were good players, not great. They have a couple of incoming players that fill those spots nicely if need be, but more likely more experienced players will be filling those roles. What is probably not quite understood by you is that they were a young team last year. They will be back with most of their key players being more experienced.

Having said all that, I think they are a final 8 type team this year (maybe with some injury luck a final 4 team) but not a national champion team at this point. And that may be where they stay.

I also think they are highly motivated, talented kids getting a great education at one of the top universities in the country.

So having had a kid play there and graduate, I look at them with admiration, not ridicule. And thank KAH for being a great mentor for my kid.

Ok
1st you can never say if they played team X's schedule there reccord would be this or that. unless the games are played you do not know what any outcome would be. Hiller chose those teams and took on more than her team can handle. they were not a good team in the beginning of the year so to say they would have beaten any team is just speculation

2nd I am the guy with the daughter at low D1, but I have never been to Chicago and did not make that statement, nor do I know if the city is an armpit, but judging from what I hear, I'm kind of glad she is not in that city, I'm a dad and would worry.

3rd lets be real, 11-10 is not good even for the toughest schedule, but that's not really my beef, what is my beef is parents that have kids in NU seem to think less of every other player on every other team. They come on this thread boasting about a team that, quite frankly, seems to be on a down slope, but like you say lets see what happens this year. They have a lot to prove, and if they have a similar record this year I think you would also have to admit a huge slide.

4th NU guy is a poke at me

5th NU is a fantastic academic school, congrats to your daughter for being accepted.

On a couple of remarks not affiliated to this post, I have no animosity to NU, nor do I really care about who wins the national title, in 3 years no one will remember anyway. I'm not pissed at any player or at any other school, my daughter is very happy and does not judge her worth by what lacrosse school/team she playes for, though it is funny to watch all the venom come out if you have an opinion that does not coincide with the masses. My daughter has made some great friends, while getting the degree in the profession of her choice, and has played in all but 2 games in a game that she loves so spew your venom if you want, you are all faceless to us anyway.

My opinion stands
Northwestern will not win national title in the near future, but don't worry neither will 109 other team most likely, the only difference is you carecekyzt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter does not go there either ...BUT..
they are a good team with a strong coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My D3 Player has a National Championship Ring does yours?
and?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like somebody touched a nerve.

So how about those Yellow Jackets? Can we take the angry Northwestern discussion to another thread and rage all you want there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1st you can never say if they played team X's schedule there reccord would be this or that. unless the games are played you do not know what any outcome would be. Hiller chose those teams and took on more than her team can handle. they were not a good team in the beginning of the year so to say they would have beaten any team is just speculation

2nd I am the guy with the daughter at low D1, but I have never been to Chicago and did not make that statement, nor do I know if the city is an armpit, but judging from what I hear, I'm kind of glad she is not in that city, I'm a dad and would worry.

3rd lets be real, 11-10 is not good even for the toughest schedule, but that's not really my beef, what is my beef is parents that have kids in NU seem to think less of every other player on every other team. They come on this thread boasting about a team that, quite frankly, seems to be on a down slope, but like you say lets see what happens this year. They have a lot to prove, and if they have a similar record this year I think you would also have to admit a huge slide.

4th NU guy is a poke at me

5th NU is a fantastic academic school, congrats to your daughter for being accepted.

On a couple of remarks not affiliated to this post, I have no animosity to NU, nor do I really care about who wins the national title, in 3 years no one will remember anyway. I'm not pissed at any player or at any other school, my daughter is very happy and does not judge her worth by what lacrosse school/team she playes for, though it is funny to watch all the venom come out if you have an opinion that does not coincide with the masses. My daughter has made some great friends, while getting the degree in the profession of her choice, and has played in all but 2 games in a game that she loves so spew your venom if you want, you are all faceless to us anyway.

My opinion stands
Northwestern will not win national title in the near future, but don't worry neither will 109 other team most likely, the only difference is you carecekyzt

[/quote]

Funny how you first attack and then want to play the victim. Give it a rest already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be pissed that a girl from lowly L.I.U. Brooklyn came in and pushed your daughter furtherdown the bench stealing any chance of her seeing the field. At least you get to say "my daughter practices with NU"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be pissed that a girl from lowly L.I.U. Brooklyn came in and pushed your daughter furtherdown the bench stealing any chance of her seeing the field. At least you get to say "my daughter practices with NU"

Ha guess he was right. You try to troll but end up crying. Funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha guess he was right. You try to troll but end up crying. Funny.
you people are delusional, the only people crying is you because people don't agree with you, seek help

Like Reply Quote
Page 272 of 327 1 2 270 271 272 273 274 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard