BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 144 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the 2018 notification have gone out yet?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have notifications gone out for the 2018 team yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as for most programs if a coach happens to be from a particular town and his son is on a team that coach will have pressure to take kids from his community some will be better than the average but there can also be kids of equal skill and ability and the coach is going to take the kid from his town . this happens in travel lacrosse pay to play programs and in communituy based programs as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, stop the BS my kid worked hard, trained hard, practice hard and was the fifth best middie at worst. And he got cut because mom and dad failed the credit score to pay for the hub.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what level team 2018 Piranhas for Express means?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lot of non-sense. It all about the money! My wife and I paid a tremendous amount of money over the summer for our son to participate in Express sponsored clinics at the hub. We were told that joining these clinics would assure our son a spot on the A or B elite teams. We are going to stick with their biggest competitor where our son is on an elite team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C & D Team Combined

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Have notifications gone out for the 2018 team yet?"

The welcome letter is sometimes hard to see, but it will arrive in an Express envelope and is usually the second page right behind the wage garnishment notice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Baracudas?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone needs to put this whole A team thing in perspective. Take a minute and think about the numbers!!! In any given grade there are maybe 5 or 6 true A teams for travel lax on LI. So that's somewhere between 125 to 150 kids. Now, if you look at the number school districts that have lacrosse on Long island at least 100 districts. In any grade there are an average of 20 kids. That means 2000 plus kids are playing lacrosse per grade on Long Island. Could be higher. Just a guess on the numbers.
The point is, the overwhelming majority of these kids would be considered B or C team kids in the travel lax world.
Summer lax used to be about getting better, playing with kids at or above your ability, and playing against tough competition. After a summer of this you go back to your town and wow the school coach!!
If you're in this so you or your son can say we won the "summer beach fest" you're missing the boat. That's for the Directors so they can promote the business.
I will tell you from experience, working hard on a B or C team, paying for some training, and hitting gym hard will go a long way. Believe it or not when your son gets a little older it will also start to get him some looks from some colleges as well. Yes, B and C team kids can find a way to get recruited too..... It takes a dedicated kid, plenty of parent time, and unfortunately some money.

amen.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to 2019 tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many 2018 teams will the Express have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so can anyone tell me what level the 2018 pirahnas are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lot of non-sense. It all about the money! My wife and I paid a tremendous amount of money over the summer for our son to participate in Express sponsored clinics at the hub. We were told that joining these clinics would assure our son a spot on the A or B elite teams. We are going to stick with their biggest competitor where our son is on an elite team.

I have NEVER heard of anyone that was guaranteed a spot on an A or B elite team by going to the HUB. We were at the clinics but nobody guaranteed anything. They guaranteed small clinics with specialized training. And we got that. I think they said, "It might help them." Would love to know who told you that your son would be "assured a spot on an A or B elite team" ???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2018 thread has piranhas as "C" team. Don't know if this is accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TERPS -A
WOLVERINES -B
PIRANHAS -C
BARRACUDAS -D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is the B team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, did he make the team? If he did maybe he deserved it and if he didn't then it is not really about the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whining- Nobody ever told you that. They alluded to it, and you were too naiive to see through it. C'mon.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. Turtles are the A team. Never forget that and stop kidding yourself. Some of the Terps players were cut from other teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Absolutely correct and well said!
Everyone needs to put this whole A team thing in perspective. Take a minute and think about the numbers!!! In any given grade there are maybe 5 or 6 true A teams for travel lax on LI. So that's somewhere between 125 to 150 kids. Now, if you look at the number school districts that have lacrosse on Long island at least 100 districts. In any grade there are an average of 20 kids. That means 2000 plus kids are playing lacrosse per grade on Long Island. Could be higher. Just a guess on the numbers.
The point is, the overwhelming majority of these kids would be considered B or C team kids in the travel lax world.
Summer lax used to be about getting better, playing with kids at or above your ability, and playing against tough competition. After a summer of this you go back to your town and wow the school coach!!
If you're in this so you or your son can say we won the "summer beach fest" you're missing the boat. That's for the Directors so they can promote the business.
I will tell you from experience, working hard on a B or C team, paying for some training, and hitting gym hard will go a long way. Believe it or not when your son gets a little older it will also start to get him some looks from some colleges as well. Yes, B and C team kids can find a way to get recruited too..... It takes a dedicated kid, plenty of parent time, and unfortunately some money.

JB
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son attended several of those clinics and noone ever indicated that he was going to get on a team. Doesn't even make sense that they would. So if great players don't happe to go to the HUB, they're not going to take them on their team? Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are coaching all the teams.They want the hub money brother.

How can they coach every team? I guess on paper they coach every team, provide some instruction to each team and then attach themselves to one specific? My husband coaches for another big club and there is no way he could coach 2 or 3 teams with the level of commitment he gives his players.

So basically everyone was promised this great coaching staff (which it is, no doubt) but you have to share them with 3 or 4 other grade levels.
There will be conflicts. didn't MC miss 2 out of 5 summer tournaments last year? Tri State double overtime loss to 91 in the championship was one of them. before you sign, ask him if he'll be there.

Does your husband have a full time job? MC's full time job is lacrosse. He will have no problem managing 2017 & 2018 Terps.

Ill be honest, I don't care if MC is coaching the game at the tournament, it's the training and practice that will get your son better. Not who is strategically better on the sideline to win the game. Furthermore, what does that imply if MC wasn't at the tri-state game? If he was there, Express would have won? Maybe, maybe not. But the bottom line is the two teams were very well matched and the game could have gone either way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can they coach every team? I guess on paper they coach every team, provide some instruction to each team and then attach themselves to one specific? My husband coaches for another big club and there is no way he could coach 2 or 3 teams with the level of commitment he gives his players.

So basically everyone was promised this great coaching staff (which it is, no doubt) but
you have to share them with 3 or 4 other grade levels.
There will be conflicts. didn't MC miss 2 out of 5 summer tournaments last year? Tri State double overtime
loss to 91 in the championship was one of them. before you sign, ask him if he'll be
there.

Does your husband have a full time job? MC's full time job is lacrosse. He will have no problem managing 2017 & 2018 Terps.

Ill be honest, I don't care if MC is coaching the game at the tournament, it's the training and practice that will get your son better. Not who is strategically better on the sideline to win the game. Furthermore, what does that imply if MC wasn't at the tri-state game? If he was there, Express would have won? Maybe, maybe not. But the bottom
line is the two teams were very well matched and the game could have gone either
way.
You pay for the training and practices to win as a team including the coaches. MC and JL would have had an impact on the game. The substitutes did an admirable job but they lost and you say what if? if you pay top dollar to play 5 summer tournaments, your coach should be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So basically everyone was promised this great coaching staff (which it is, no doubt) but you have to share them with 3 or 4 other grade levels.
There will be conflicts. didn't MC miss 2 out of 5 summer tournaments last year? Tri State double overtime loss to 91 in the championship was one of them. before you sign, ask him if he'll be there.

Ill be honest, I don't care if MC is coaching the game at the tournament, it's the training and practice that will get your son better. Not who is strategically better on the sideline to win the game. Furthermore, what does that imply if MC wasn't at the tri-state game? If he was there, Express would have won? Maybe, maybe not. But the bottom line is the two teams were very well matched and the game could have gone either way.

Seriously?? You dont care if MC is coaching a game? Yes, training & practice will get your son better but, if a coach is is worth anything it IS the strategy on the sideline that will HELP these boys win a game. Its respect for the coach & his respect for his players during "game time" that matters. People are paying ALOT of $$ for a good coach to be @ practice, training & ALL games/tournaments. Job or no job MC is spreading himself thin coachng 3 (or more) teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Matt V from the HUB made the promise, he makes all the side deals and our son is a notch top A Defenseman!! He one lines MC's pockets and that is the truth!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Terps will be very good although it is true that four boys decided to go elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So basically everyone was promised this great coaching staff (which it is, no doubt) but
There will be conflicts.
didn't MC miss 2 out of 5 summer tournaments last year? Tri State double overtime
loss to 91 in the championship was one of them. before you sign, ask him if he'll be
there.

Ill be honest, I don't care if MC is coaching the game at the tournament, it's the training and practice that will get your son better. Not who is strategically better on the sideline to win the game. Furthermore, what does that imply if MC wasn't at the tri-state
[s][/s]game? If he was there, Express would have won? Maybe, maybe not. But the
bottom line is the two teams were very well matched and the game could have gone
either way.

Seriously?? You dont care if MC is coaching a game? Yes, training & practice will get your son better but, if a coach is is worth anything it IS the strategy on the sideline that
will HELP these boys win a game. Its respect for the coach & his respect for his
players during "game time" that matters. People are paying ALOT of $$ for a good
coach to be @ practice, training & ALL games/tournaments. Job or no job MC is
spreading himself thin coachng 3 (or more) teams!

He disappointed the kids, never addressed the parents, and just bolted to a game that had a schedule change that caused the conflict. An apology would have went a long way but it never came.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tell who told us Matt V. who is the 1/3 owner of the Hub. Our son is a top notch defenseman and will play for 91 again. At least at 91 they are not rob us with clincs!!!

What do think DLT is then? First look lacrosse camp? They are only too happy to take your money. There is a summer camp too but I forgot the name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tell who told us Matt V. who is the 1/3 owner of the Hub. Our son is a top notch defenseman and will play for 91 again. At least at 91 they are not rob us with clincs!!!
Dude, every parent has a top notch A player. So Matt V assured your son a spot on MC's team if you paid for the clinics and you went to the clinics, not for the training but to buy your way on a team. BTW Matt is a 1/4 partner in the hub.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like to apply for a job on BOTC as a moderator;

There are some very legitimate opinions about the hub,extra training, how teams are selected ect. that should be discussed here on BOTC without vicious personal attacks. As parents at the express tryouts for the 2018 team, none of us were aware of an "A" defensemen that played on 91 Orange last year that was even at the Express tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are some very legitimate opinions about the hub,extra training, how teams are selected ect. that should be discussed here on BOTC without vicious personal attacks. As parents at the express tryouts for the 2018 team, none of us were aware of an "A" defensemen that played on 91 Orange last year that was even at the Express tryout.

please delete the above post - you edited out the point of the post (personal attack on MV ) and now it just doesn't make any sense - would you have deleted if he were not an advertiser? when you edit a post don't you usually say that it is an edited post? and why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody put a gun to my head. Nobody said my kid would make an "A" team. Somebody might have tried to sell their business by stating that time with a stick in his hand would make him a better player. There was extra training available through the Hub. My son wanted to play, I had a bit of extra money and so he went. I think it is disgusting to slander another human being who has a family to take care of on a Lacrosse Website. Not every kid will be an "A" player and that should be fine. Lacrosse has helped to boost my son's confidence. It has helped improve his grades. It has taught him to work hard for what he wants. As a parent I couldn't even look at him if I taught him that I bought his way onto a team. What kind of message would I be sending him? P.S. My kid is a pretty good defenseman but I hope that I have taught him how to be a good man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody put a gun to my head. Nobody said my kid would make an "A" team. Somebody might have tried to sell their business by stating that time with a stick in his hand would make him a better player. There was extra training available through the
Hub. My son wanted to play, I had a bit of extra money and so he went. I think it is
disgusting to slander another human being who has a family to take care of on a
Lacrosse Website. Not every kid will be an "A" player and that should be fine. Lacrosse
has helped to boost my son's confidence. It has helped improve his grades. It has
taught him to work hard for what he wants. As a parent I couldn't even look at him if I
taught him that I bought his way onto a team. What kind of message would I be
sending him? P.S. My kid is a pretty good defenseman but I hope that I have taught
him how to be a good man.

Just another day on the back of the cage. Let me be the first to apologize for reacting to an earlier post than has since been remove by BOTC. I should have known better. Lacrosse is a great game at any level. I wish the best for your son and mine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Teams
A Terps
B Wolverines
C Barracuda
C Piranha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey "Z", don't you have anything better to do with your time than to continually make more and more enemies. The only reason you even wear an Express coaches jacket is because of your son and even that's getting tiresome. You slander good people who spend countless hours putting together OPPORTUNITIES for our kids to train. Just like anything else in life, if you don;t like it.....................don't do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be conflicts. didn't MC miss 2 out of 5 summer tournaments last year? Tri State double overtime
there.

Ill be honest, I don't care if MC is coaching the game at the tournament, it's the training and practice that will get your son better. Not who is strategically better on the sideline to win the game. Furthermore, what does that imply if MC wasn't at the tri-state game? If he was there, Express would have won? Maybe, maybe not. But the bottom
line is the two teams were very well matched and the game could have gone either
way.
You pay for the training and practices to win as a team including the coaches. MC and JL would have had an impact on the game. The substitutes did an admirable job but they lost and you say what if? if you pay top dollar to play 5 summer tournaments, your coach should be there.

That's why there are many clubs to choose from. If you don't like the way one is run, go to another. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Next guy would, so this club is obviously not for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Matt V from the HUB made the promise, he makes all the side deals and our son is a notch top A Defenseman!! He one lines MC's pockets and that is the truth!!!

To make a personal attack on any individual is unacceptable. I'm sure your son is an excellent defensemen, but there were no defenseman from the 2018 91 Orange team that attended the 2018 Express try-out. The anonymous personal attacks need to stop on all levels. The boys will eventually (if not already) begin to read these posts. They're all bright kids and it won't take much for them to figure out who is being ripped apart here. It's time for everyone to take this into account and act like adults. If you have something to say, call the person directly, say it and let it end there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, every parent has a top notch A player. So Matt V assured your son a spot on MC's team if you paid for the clinics and you went to the clinics, not for the training but to buy your way on a team. BTW Matt is a 1/4 partner in the hub.

So basically you were willing to buy your son a spot on the team by attending the clinics and you talk about ethics?

Like Reply Quote
Page 37 of 144 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard